Posted 17 May

Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita update

11880RCQ_Keyart_clean

Hey everyone! We’re excited to share a lot of news with you about Ratchet & Clank: QForce. Whether you are looking for a new multiplayer map, waiting for your PS Vita download, or excited about Ratchet: Gladiator HD for PS3, there’s something in this update for you, so read on!

First, thank you for your patience as you’ve awaited the PS Vita version of QForce. Our friends at Sony and Tin Giant have been working hard to deliver a version of the game that lives up to your expectations. The good news is that the game is complete, and will be released on PlayStation Store on 22nd May.

For those of you with a PS3 retail copy of QForce, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version of QForce to your PS3 and transfer it to your PS Vita. You can do this by accessing the “Disc Benefits” option from 22nd May. If you downloaded QForce on PS3, the PS Vita version will appear free for you on the PlayStation storefront.

Furthermore, we know many of you are excited about Ratchet: Gladiator, which we will be including as a bonus ‘thank you’ for your patience on the PS Vita release. The fine folks at Sony and Idol Minds are wrapping it up now and we are expecting it to be available soon. For those of you in Europe who have purchased QForce on PS3, we will be providing you with a free download code for Ratchet: Gladiator on PS3 when it releases on PlayStation Store. We will update you on when this content will be available at a later date via PlayStation Blog, and you’ll be able to access to it.

Lots of you are still enjoying QForce’s competitive multiplayer and have been enjoying the Metropolis map we added at the beginning of this year. We wanted to continue to support the game for the loyal PS3 players as well. As such, the team in North Carolina has a new software update for the game which brings a brand-new competitive map set in Molonoth Fields from A Crack In Time, and a new game mode exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version of the game.

The new game mode, 2v2 Full Frontal Assault mode, is something for our hardcore players. It eliminates the phases – so you can always capture nodes, build units, and attack the other team’s base. This results in a more dynamic, more strategic experience that will test players’ skills more than ever before. This new software update will be available next week.

Additionally, we’ve added new skins to QForce which you can find in the in-game store. The new Monsters pack, Intergalactic Foot Soldiers pack, and Plushy pack all are available now, for €1.49 each. We also have a new A Crack in Time pack and All 4 One pack coming soon!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

91 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

mr-malro 17 May, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   1

I love you ;-;

brianmini 17 May, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   2

Yay for Vita owners, finally! Good work guys if a bit slow.

IanWindram 17 May, 2013 @ 2:10 pm   3

Woo! Can’t wait!

Any word about the free MotorStorm RC code for buying Q-Force on PS3?

Ross Alexander 20 May, 2013 @ 9:38 am

This should have already come through. When did you buy Q-Force?

Suzzopher 17 May, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   4

Awesome news! How large is the download by the way?

How about a gameplay video of the psvita version?

Gamesgbkiller 17 May, 2013 @ 2:13 pm   6

Thank god.

Finally I can play it on my VITA.

And will play Ratchet: Gladiator HD .. My best Ratchet & Clank Games.

Thanks :)

s2704pds 17 May, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   7

FINALLY !! Cannot wait :D I would also like to know the download size though

oggsy92 17 May, 2013 @ 2:19 pm   8

If I were to purchase QForce now, would I get Gladiator? I did own it once, but I had to return it still sealed due to a lack in funds :(

Ross Alexander 20 May, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Yes, I’ll be posting on the blog again to announce how we’ll be supplying Gladiator but essentially it will be like we did for MotorStorm, in that we’ll supply a cut-off date, and by that stage you’ll need to have played QForce while your PS3 / PS Vita has been connected online.

Pingu_AFC 17 May, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   9

How much will it be for those who haven’t already got it?

Daft-Eng 17 May, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   10

At last, I’ll be snapping this up as soon as it’s released!

Carl-G 17 May, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   11

‘Ratchet: Gladiator HD’ for free??? COOL:P I got the game(R&C:QF) on disc when it came out last year;)

Now all i really, really erm really:D want is a PS4 normal R&C game… PLEASE! DO! IT!!! Insomniac Games:P Oh & make it(i.e R&C on PS4)(hopefully ‘ALL’ PS4 games will be) be playable via Remote Play on the PSVita PLEASE:P

Xarpius 17 May, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   12

Fantastic news. Couldn’t be more grateful!

Paul_Morningstar 17 May, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   13

Same question as oggsy92 #8: will I get R&C:Gladiator if I buy the PS3 version now?

Kresnik258 17 May, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   14

Thanks for the update, James. I’ve been really looking forward to playing Q-Force on Vita.

Quick question though: When is/was the cutoff for getting Gladiator HD for free? I haven’t gone online with Q-Force yet so I’m guessing I probably missed it, but in your previous update on the issue I seem to remember you saying you’d give us an exact date on when we had until to play online?

Thanks.

Ross Alexander 20 May, 2013 @ 9:41 am

Please see reply above. The cut-off date will be confirmed in another blog post soon.

Cloud_AC 17 May, 2013 @ 2:40 pm   15

I have a question regarding the R&C Gladiator HD codes. I already bought the disc version of Q-Force but haven’t played it yet. Do I need to play it before the Vita version’s release to get the Gladiator code?

Ross Alexander 20 May, 2013 @ 9:42 am

You just need to play QForce on your PS3 or PS Vita while you’re connected online. The cut-off date for eligibility for Gladiator will be announced in a further blog post.

supersmith2500 17 May, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   16

Freakin’ FINALLY!
If I buy QForce new if after the Vita release next week. Will I still get Ratchet Gladiator.

And is the Vita version also available separate on PSN and is the game going to get a retail release as well?

Ross Alexander 20 May, 2013 @ 9:43 am

Check out the replies above for details on Gladiator.

QForce on PS Vita is digital only, there’s no stand-alone retail release.

able_sk 17 May, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   17

Any news on A Crack in Time and Tools of Destruction getting a digital release ons the PS Store? Six games from the series are already available for download, now Gladiator HD is getting released too. I would love to have all the games in one folder.

ThugETH 17 May, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   18

Great news!

Anychance of Star Wars Pinall being fixed any time soon?
Only the trial is on the store and when you pay £7.99 to upgrade to the full game from within the trial it charges you then says ‘CANNOT DOWNLOAD USING A PS VITA SYSTEM’!

mellan_Konsten 17 May, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   19

Will the more dynamic and more strategic mode stay exclusive for the PS3 version or is it posible that the mode will be available later for the Vita?

DoYouLikeMyID 17 May, 2013 @ 3:23 pm   20

Can’t wait to see how the game looks and feels on the Vita, and I also can’t wait for Ratchet Gladiator HD – I loved the game back on PS2. I remember just sitting for a long time, listening to the “challenge complete” song – it was just so epic. :D

I’m just waiting for another REAL Rachet and Clank game. You know one with an amazing single player game without any nonsense tower defence or mp crap in it.
It all went very much downhill with All for one. Btw you promised me in person that that game was also fun playing alone, you lied, it sucked!
Not buying this.

ryannumber3gamer 17 May, 2013 @ 3:43 pm   22

This is great that its finally coming on the 22nd :D can’t wait for Ratchet Gladiator HD as well since its my favourite R&C spinoff. If I can I want to suggest some ideas for maps for QForce….

1.The Great Clock (R&C A Crack in Time)
2.Holostar Studios (R&C 3)
3.Blackwater City (R&C)

theindieboy 17 May, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   23

Anychance of Star Wars Pinall being fixed any time soon? is a joke now, fixed ps3 and looks like all it is to fix the vita version is either upload the right file, or change a flag so you can download the file on vita, will try the download to ps3 and then copy it to vita work round and see if this will now enable all features not just some (which did earlier in the week). Just no response from sony and zen are on americain time so looks like will not get fixed this weekend as all the sony EU people will be in the pub before zen people start work come on!!!

DoYouLikeMyID 17 May, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   24

@22 (ryannumber3gamer) I would hardly call Ratchet Gladiater a spinoff. In Japan it’s even called Ratchet & Clank 4, since it takes place right after the events of the third game.

But yeah, it’s a great game.

ThugETH 17 May, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   25

YES PLEASE FIX VITA STAR WARS PINBALL ONLY TRIAL IS ON STORE AND WHEN YOU PAY TO UPGRADE TO FULL VERSION FROM WITHIN THE GAME £7.99 IT SAYS CANNOT DOWNLOAD USING A PS VITA SYSTEM IT IS IN MY DOWNLOAD LIST ON THE STORE BUT CANNOT PLAY THE GAME!!!

Stonesthrow 17 May, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   26

I got this on launch and hardly ever played it.. Hopefully this vita release will get me in it again. But please Insomniac, I beseech thee, go back to traditional R&C. I’d love co op too but only if it’s traditional R&C. No ‘sidescroller’ or tower defense type of game, just go back to what made R&C so great in the first place!

Prem-aka-Prince 17 May, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   27

I’d like to say for the person who asked, the patch size seems to be 432MB.
On my EU download version it said the 1.05 patch is available, but then when I proceeded the download description was ‘Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force Trial’, but in the end it seems to have been the patch successfully and there don’t seem to be any problems.

Dark_Al_97 17 May, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   29

Amazing news! I really hope it was worth the wait. Too bad I can’t test it though – my Vita’s left stick isn’t working after recent firmware update tp 2.12, warranty is over already and I can’t fix the problem myself. Don’t have any good service centers in my town too. Derp, my luck is undescribable.

Carnivius_Prime 17 May, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   30

Thanks for the update. I don’t yet have a Vita (can’t afford it at moment, still looking for a new job) but looking forward to my Gladiator freebie. :D

Lunarmon 17 May, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   31

Took a while, but thanks. Great that we’re getting Gladiator for free like NA did.

afster97 17 May, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   32

Will the game get a retail release for the vita version? Also what is the download size for the Vita version?

ryannumber3gamer 17 May, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   33

I considered Ratchet Gladiator a spinoff pretty much because while it was based after R&C 3, it based the gameplay on a different element of the Ratchet gameplay much like how Jak X is thought to be a spinoff due to basing itself on the racing of Jak 3 while taking place after Jak 3.

Gentix 17 May, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   34

Yes! I’m really glad to hear more news about this! I thought Gladiator HD would be available on the same day as Q-Force Vita, though. Either way, I’m really excited to relive more of my childhood with Gladiator soon! :D

afster97 17 May, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   35

So the vita version gets delayed, but the ps3 version gets an exclusive map. This is so fair, I don’t own a ps3 so I won’t be able to play the map. :(

Ubersnuber 17 May, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   36

Thanks for the update.
1 question:
Do you have any plans to make the single player more, err, playable? I’m sure you know what I mean.

skells22 17 May, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   37

very happy person here, kept in the hopefully this week for news and also in the spring window with 5 weeks left, now just waiting on idol minds

dark_angel69 17 May, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   38

This is some great news. Does the Vita version get it’s own set of trophies? I really hope I actually get Ratchet and Clank Gladiator because last time Fred had to send me an email for MotorStorm RC because you failed to send me one.

madbuk 17 May, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   39

I thought Deadlocked was going to be released at the same time? That’s the game I#m really looking forward to.

BAMBO_19 17 May, 2013 @ 7:16 pm   40

If I buy the ps3 version now, whether it be CD version or Digital version Will I still be able to get Gladiator free?

ten-bucks 17 May, 2013 @ 11:22 pm   41

yyeeeeaaaa. hopefully the wait was worth it and the game runs smoothly. is it separate trophy list or is it cross save with ps3?

SwingerE11 17 May, 2013 @ 11:24 pm   42

Can’t wait

Jehuty1994 18 May, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   43

Can’t wait for Ratchet Gladiator, my favourite Ratchet and Clank game. A question though: I remember reading that we have to play online in Q-Force before a certain date to be eligible to get Gladiator for free. Any information about when the cut-off date is?

ps_maxout 19 May, 2013 @ 3:43 am   44

I’m in Australia, i own Ratchet and Clank Q-force and have played online for about 20 minutes a while ago, and tried to add the disc benefits to my account, will i get Ratchet Gladiator HD?

RuggeD_XBoY 19 May, 2013 @ 4:32 pm   45

OMG Finally! I waited soooooooo long! Can’t wait :P

IanWindram 21 May, 2013 @ 8:48 pm   46

@Ross Alexander
Bought it around the middle of Feb but started to play it on the 25th Feb.

ps_maxout 22 May, 2013 @ 1:32 am   47

@Ross Alexander i brought FFA last year before Christmas As an Aussie do i not get This Free Motorstorm RC code? or did i miss out because i dont play the multiplayer side?

thorn201024 22 May, 2013 @ 7:23 am   48

I tried this morning and just tried again, I’ve allready “added” it to my account but when It sends me to PSstore it says its un-selectable

byronaz7 22 May, 2013 @ 10:54 am   49

i woke up at 7oclock at the morning and i still trying to find it at ps store to buy it please help

thorn201024 22 May, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   50

*sigh* My problems continue,
now It claims that the product is un-purchasable(its labeled as free)
Im really eager to play this game :(

so how does this work? I have BD Coupon within my service list, but when I try to purchase from Store, it asks for money

Ahh, so much waiting then the store is trying to charge me for the game…. -.-

asdivh95 22 May, 2013 @ 12:50 pm   53

Ahhh wonderful… you wait for the game for 8 months only to find out that they are charging you for it, even when it is supposed to be cross-buy.

BeAkErOo 22 May, 2013 @ 1:30 pm   54

Also having issues downloading this game. I used the PS3 disc benefit but the store tells me that I can’t download the Vita version because – I already own the PS3 demo???

asdivh95 22 May, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   55

And know i think i wasted 15 euros. So I bought it from the store. Then when it came to the download phase there were 3 different versions of it. 1 was a trial and unlock????, the second one was the game I think?? and the 3rd one was a full game upgrade?????

JammieDodgerz 22 May, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   56

When I first tried the disc benefit for QForce not long ago it brang me to a page where I would have to pay for the Vita version instead of just a download button.

I then exited and tried again. This time all I get now again and again is either the 80710D23 Error Code or “The connection to the server timed out.” message.

Anyone getting this issue aswell? Also my wifi connection is perfect.

JCik68 22 May, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   57

exactly the same scenario here

Valtekken173 22 May, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   58

“An error has occured (or something like that). (Error code 80710D23)

Fred Dutton 22 May, 2013 @ 2:48 pm

We’re investigating this issue and I will update you soon. Bear in mind today’s Store update is still in the process of rolling out.

LegoAnd 22 May, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   59

God-freaking-dammit. I just activated my Disc Benefits after like 5 or 6 unsuccessful tries, and proceeded to PS Store.

But what did I find? The Vita version wasn’t free, I had to pay full price! Also, no Gladiator HD (Which was one helluva terrible port according to some US-players).

What the heck is this?

JCik68 22 May, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   60

you should just wait. guess they have problem and are fixing it

LegoAnd 22 May, 2013 @ 2:59 pm   61

Also, why did US get Deadlocked/Gladiator before us? Why is it not on the store today, which would make perfect sense for it to be?

I understand it isn’t easy to handle all of these complains, and I am indeed sorry I have to complain, but I do, to be honest, expect better than this.

Valtekken173 22 May, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   62

@Fred Dutton Okay then, I’ll just wait and see. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Hotwhells100 22 May, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   63

SONY plz repiar the cross-buy I don’t sleep night because i wating for my cross-buy *sigh* repair it fast i want to play it on my ps vita

Valtekken173 22 May, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   64

Problem solved! Thanks for the help!

Equirah 22 May, 2013 @ 7:12 pm   65

I have a question:
I didn’t even know that you needed to had played it online at least once to be eligible to get the code for MotorStorm RC, i still got it none the less.

I saw somewhere in the blog that a new “deadline” had been put into effect for Deadlocked HD, truth is i actually only played the game once, it’s on my shelve waiting till i finish others. Today is May 22, the day that Deadlocked is supposed to come out for EU (at least it was the announced day) and i haven’t gotten an email with the code.

Does this mean that because i didn’t play the game again and while still receiving the code for MotorStorm i won’t be getting the code for Dealocked?

Dolihiotis 22 May, 2013 @ 7:31 pm   66

I bought the game at it’s release date and played it online at 24/02/2013 and I still haven’t received the Motorstorm RC code. Please help!!!

Ice_Dragon_007 22 May, 2013 @ 8:09 pm   67

To get Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator free people have been saying you need to play online to get free. What does this mean exactly?
I played some of the campaign the other day and i was online and got a couple trophies. Does this count or does it mean multiplayer?

Karl_Hates_GT5 23 May, 2013 @ 6:50 am   68

It is now the 23rd or May. And I am still waiting for Ratchet and Clank Gladiator. I know that people in America are able to download it, but here in Australia, we always get things last.
We FINALLY got our hands on the Vita version sometime early this morning, but the store still doesn’t have Gladiator. When I use disc benefits and go to the store, it comes up with two purchases, both for Q Force, and both free. I can download one (the Vita version of Q Force) and I can not download the other. I am assuming that the other download is for Gladiator, but it has been over 12 hours now that the option to download has been there and still nothing.
Please can I atleast get some news on why this is happening. I have posted to numeral forums, and no one has responded yet.

Karl_Hates_GT5 23 May, 2013 @ 6:51 am   69

I forgot to write in my comment that the error I receive when trying to download the item is “We’re sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.”

Karl_Hates_GT5 23 May, 2013 @ 1:35 pm   70

Still the same error is occuring..

planeet32 23 May, 2013 @ 2:14 pm   71

@Karl_Hates_GT5

Gladiator is not yet released in Europe. So it might be that it isn’t released in AU either. That’s probably why you can’t download it.

taisaiah 23 May, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   72

This game blows. Laggy at times. Downed graphics, and no custom single player matches. (My own opinion) only because i love some R and C. This one for vita disappoints me.

taisaiah 23 May, 2013 @ 6:06 pm   73

And needs more levels. Btw i downloaded it thu the vita store with no haul. And you get the ps3 version and deadlocked free. Im in US. Im not sure about the other regions

Karl_Hates_GT5 24 May, 2013 @ 2:28 am   74

@planeet32
I know it has not been released yet, but when I use the disc benefits option from my Q Force (Full Frontal Assault) disc, it takes me to the Play Station Store, from which I have two things to download. Both are “apparently” Q Force, but everyone who has read this forum will know that you get Gladiator (Deadlocked) for free when you buy Q Force. I can download one of the options, which gives me Q Force on the Vita, but the other one just keeps coming up with the error. They put the function on the store, but do not put the game up there.
How hard is it to put something on the AU and EU markets? It’s not like it’s in a different [DELETED] language, just a few words are spelt differently. I am so sick and tired of getting things last in Australia.

Ice_Dragon_007 25 May, 2013 @ 3:11 am   75

@Karl_Hates_GT5

I only had 1 option to download the vita game.
I know Gladiator is not up yet for us, but should I have seen another download option there?

Karl_Hates_GT5 25 May, 2013 @ 8:53 am   76

@Ice_Dragon_007
Yes. When you use the disc benefits feature and go into the store that way, click on the Choose a Version button. It should come up with an option saying full game. Click on that and there should be two options, both identical, the only difference is that one will download the Vita version, and the other one is, what I am assuming to be the Gladiator game, that they haven’t bothered putting onto the store yet.

CyDoNiA-UK 25 May, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   77

Hoping you do a better job of the Gladiator HD freebie than Motorstorm RC as I never got the code for that!!!

Why you can’t just look and see who has redeemed the disc benefits before a set date is beyond me. Maybe you can elaborate as to why?

Johmcc11 26 May, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   78

I played q-foce online a few months ago but haven’t updated the game lately, do i need to update to gain access to Gladiator?

myrulesmylife 26 May, 2013 @ 7:12 pm   79

THIS IS A GR8 NEWS!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN WAITIN FOR DIS AND SOME PEOPLE LOST DEIR HOPE ON DIS GAME FOR VITA. BUT DIS IS ACTUALLY OUT. BTW WEN IS DA DEMO COMIN(HOPE IT ACTUALLY COMES)

Karl_Hates_GT5 26 May, 2013 @ 11:19 pm   80

@Johmcc11
If you do not live in America, you will not be able to download Gladiator until they FINALLY decide to put it on other stores aswell.

Ice_Dragon_007 27 May, 2013 @ 5:40 am   81

@Karl_Hates_GT5 I only have the one option to download Q Force.

Karl_Hates_GT5 27 May, 2013 @ 6:23 am   82

@Ice_Dragon_007
Are you sure? Okay then, when I do what I said I get two options, both identical. One just does nothing but give me constant errors.

Ice_Dragon_007 27 May, 2013 @ 6:57 am   83

@Karl_Hates_GT5 I click on the disc benefits option when i have disc in and as i have already added it, it takes me to the store.
The page that comes up is a page for Q Force with 1 download option for the vita. That is all I get.

Karl_Hates_GT5 28 May, 2013 @ 1:34 am   84

@Ice_Dragon_007
Even the Play Station Store isn’t consistent.
It has been about 5 days now since it has been available in America.

Ice_Dragon_007 28 May, 2013 @ 3:01 am   85

@Karl_Hates_GT5 Someone said before that you have to be online before a certain date.
Does that mean playing an online mode or just playing while connected to internet.

Karl_Hates_GT5 28 May, 2013 @ 9:02 am   86

@Ice_Dragon_007
I have no idea man.

BuYcKi 30 May, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   87

Any update on the Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked HD release date for Europe?

Karl_Hates_GT5 30 May, 2013 @ 2:23 pm   88

Last time I checked was 12 hours ago, and it wasn’t on the store. With the recent PS Plus update with the new games for PS Plus members, I thought that would be the time they would roll it out, but apparently Sony doesn’t think that people in Europe and Australia want to play Deadlocked.
I guess I’ll just play Kingdoms of Amalur until it comes out.

Johmcc11 30 May, 2013 @ 10:08 pm   89

@Karl_Hates_GT5 i do live in britain but just wondering if i need to update the game before gladiator is released.

Ice_Dragon_007 30 May, 2013 @ 11:35 pm   90

I wish they would just tell us when it will release for us.
The delay is bad enough but the silence from Sony about it is worse.

Karl_Hates_GT5 1 June, 2013 @ 3:57 am   91

It is just wrong. Leaving us fans who have had delay after delay with the PS Vita version for Q Force, and now it happens again, but this time we are just left in the shadows to guess when it will be released for us.
@Johmcc11 I have no idea. I hope that isn’t the case though.