Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

Remember Me: New art, interactive journal, director Q&A

Lead image RememberMe_500x281

Hi everyone, this is Jmax, Creative Director at the developer DONTNOD Entertainment. We are the guys behind Capcom’s newest (and most exciting!) title, Remember Me. The game will be coming out on the 7th June in Europe and in the run down to the launch I would like to bring you some news about the game, let you know what is going on and hopefully answer your questions.

RM_concept_review_06RM_concept_review_04

Remember Me takes place in Neo-Paris in 2084. In this future, thanks to an implant known as Sensen, you can record everything you see, hear and feel, giving birth to a memory trading economy where you can share or even sell those memories.

As cool as all this sounds there is a potentially more sinister side to this world as one company, Memorize, controls all the memory data (imagine having a smart phone and social media directly tapped into your brain!) and this begs the question who is watching the watchmen?

RM_concept_review_05

Not everyone in Neo-Paris agrees with one company having so much power and set out to bring Memorize down, this group call themselves the Erorrists. In the game, you get to play the most powerful Errorist of all, Nilin.

Nilin_beauty_shot_v3

We have now launched our very cool interactive journal. This is the diary of the founder of Memorize, Antoine Cartier-Wells and tells his story from 2013 to 2084, where the game begins. Through his eyes you can find out more about the history of the world and the company between today and tomorrow. You can check it out for yourself by hitting the link: www.remembermegame.com/journal.

You can find out more about the game at www.facebook.com/remembermegame and also check out all of the trailers for the game at www.youtube.com/remembermegame.

If you have any questions, ask them in the comments section and I will do my best to answer you all. A bientôt!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

The game looks fantastic and your interactive journal is nicely done, so I guess my question is why should people buy this game? what makes it so different from other titles out there? what makes it unique?

Sell it to me hehe :D

Hi Wotta. Glad you like what you have seen so far and that you have enjoyed the journal. I also like that you get straight to the point! We are really proud of the game and can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it. The story and the memory gameplay work together really well to make this unique. It is a ‘proper’ sci-fi story, taking themes (privacy, social media) from today and extrapolating them into the future to consider what may happen. The story nicely opens up the opportunity for memory gameplay as this is a world in which memories are traded, meaning our heroine has the ability to use the advantages of this technology in her missions. The ability to steal and, what I think is the coolest element, remix memories definitely make the game stand out. The art is also beautiful, I hope you’ll agree. We had great fun creating a version of our city in the future! If you want to know more about the memory gameplay you should check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrBgGpHpQhQ&list=PLdQjkiFuLTn6JCl4Kcu4uaPDgAXDx-puR&index=1

Hmm might pick it up if it gets released on Gakai on ps3.

capcom doesnt support ps vita so i dont support there ps3 games or ps4

@Vaveti. Capcom may not support Vita much, but what publisher does really? The Vita needs to sell hardware, which it’ll hopefully do once sony announces its line-up at this year’s E3.

I don’t think you should purposely miss out on great games in protest, but each to their own I guess.

Marrsterhausen 17 May, 2013 @ 1:01 pm   5

Will there be a soundtrack released for this game? Hope so!

Hi Marrsterhausen. We are very, very pleased with the soundtrack. We worked with a very talented guy called Olivier Deriviere to created the score. Capcom are currently doing their best to make sure the soundtrack is released and you should check out the Remember Me FB page for up to date information. In the meantime you can listen to some excerpts here: https://soundcloud.com/olivier-deriviere/sets/remember-me-ost-excerpts

MASPALOMAZ 17 May, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   6

why would any dev make vita games when only one in 100 ps3 owners got a vita? LOL

even the psp sells more units. The US Store also lets you see only ps3 games I wonder why in europe they always spam everyone with the vita crap nobody cares about

left4bread3 17 May, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   7

This game wasnt on my radar till now, I dont know why but im getting a mirrors edge vibe

Hi left4bread3 (nice name). I have seen a few comments where the game has been compared with Mirror’s Edge. I think the strong female protagonist and the setting in a bright, rather than a grimy, future have meant people have made this comparison. In terms of the game, they are very different. There is a lot less running away and a lot more fighting in Remember Me!

Falcon1991 17 May, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   8

Hi, will the game be getting a demo?

m3gaman2020 17 May, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   9

Why do games on the ps store cost £60 but in retail stores they only cost £40? and americans only pay $60 for games on the psn store which works out to about £40. so why do we have to pay an extra £20 to buy games off the ps store surely it should be cheaper to buy off the ps store or at very least it should be £40 the same as it is in shops

Stonesthrow 17 May, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   10

New developer that I don’t trust yet, so this game will make or break them for me. Got some doubts about the technical quality but it’s been on my list since reveal. Would love to see a demo (not an old build!!) to check up on the controlls and everything.

Stonesthrow 17 May, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   11

@8 What has that got to do with ANY of this? Please stay ontopic -_-

m3gaman2020 17 May, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   12

@10 yeah it has nothing to do with this but its a question i want answerd none the less. Because its a joke that they charge an extra £20 for games on the ps store

GalapagosaraY 17 May, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   13

I have no hope for this game at all, after the 1st E3 trailer theyve shown over a year or so back it looked interesting, but the latest combat gameplay mechanics videos are utter atrocious. This game will bomb hard due to combat gameplay that looks like theyre taken from a 1st gen ps2 action game. Dont know what Capcom was thinking in publishing this atleast it gave the game some hype that it might get noticed for

Hi GalapagosaraY. Sorry to hear that you feel that way. We have worked really hard with Capcom to make sure the combat is a smooth and as fluid as possible and we are pleased with the result. I hope that you get a chance to try it our for yourself first hand and maybe you will change your mind? :-)

MASPALOMAZ 17 May, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   14

i have no clue what this game is about, and i am not googling it, you missed a chance here (once more). reading this blog is turning out to be a waste of time where is the new offer for this week as GTA sale is over?

M1tch_3ll 17 May, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   15

simply because £60 is the Recommended Retail Price. The physical copy is available in shops everywhere so the retailers need to price it competitively.
Digital copies however are only available from 1 retailer, Sony dont need to make their price competetive..so no need to change from the recommended retail price

Juan10Roman 17 May, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   16

@14…that’s got to be one of the silliest things i’ve ever read. Digital game sales won’t reach the heights Sony would like them to reach if games aren’t priced competitively. Why on earth would someone spend hours downloading a game that costs £20 more than it does in shops? Here in the US, that sort of thing would never fly and as evidenced by the discounts given to PS Plus users for games like Metro and Grid 2, Sony and publishers are starting to understand the simple principles of incentivising.

Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to Remember Me since the first gameplay footage surfaced around this time last year…i’ve stayed away from any potential spoilers ever since and i can’t wait for the 4th of June! It reminds me a lot of both Deus Ex and Mirror’s Edge…two of my favorite games this gen. I was wondering, will this also be made available on the US PSN Store? The Last of Us was confirmed yesterday as a day 1 digital release here in NA and i’m hoping Remember Me follows suit. Keep up the good work guys and i hope your games sells tons and tons of copies because one thing this industry needs is more bold and unique games.

Hi Juan10Roman. I’m pleased you are looking forward to the launch. We definitely all are here at Dontnod! The game will be out on the 4th June in the US and the 7th June in Europe (I was guessing by your flag you are in the UK?). And yes, we are planning on releasing this on PSN on the launch day too.

pinkplaybunny 17 May, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   17

Well i’m excited for this game even if some other people are being miserable :-p

I won’t get it on the release date purely because i’ve got the last of us coming a week later and i feel this game deserves more than a week of my time. I will buy it once i’ve findished the last of us :-)

This is in my top 3 games to look out for in 2013.

Hi pinkplaybunny. Really pleased to hear you are looking forward to the game!

I’m looking forward to this game so much until…I saw the fighting tutorial video. It looked so overly complicated with the need of changing stuff in menus during fights to be able to beat certain enemies.
It really turned me off. I was hoping for Batman Arkham City controls but this looks hopelessly complicated and taking you out of the flow. Just like many other Capcom games like DMC and RE.
I now really need a demo to make sure I “get” it.

Hi OttoT. Sorry to hear that you thought the combat looked complex in the video, that really wasn’t the intention! What we wanted to convey was that you can take a lighter approach to the combat and still pull off cool moves and take down enemies, but that, if you wanted, you can go deeper in to the setup through the combo lab to tweak your own preferences. Believe me, this game can be enjoyed by all gamers!

sin0city 17 May, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   19

Looks like a really intelligent and intereseting game world and the journal is a nice addition. Might buy this at launch :-)

Fire whoever signed off on your cover art though. Gratuitous ass shot just conflicts with the type of game you are making and degrades the female protagonist. Even Tomb Raider have moved away from that crap.

Thank you for your reaction, JMax, but that has been told to me to often to be careful about that. Buying a games costs a lot of money so I need to be sure. Will you release a demo (prior to release)?

dark_angel69 17 May, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   21

First of all just want to say this was a nice read and the trailer looked fantastic. Secondary I just want to say that after the last video I watched which showed some gameplay, it started to make me have second thoughts about the game.

At first I thought WOW that looks like something I’d be very interested in but then after seeing some gameplay I started to question about it wondering to myself is it really going to be my type of game. I’m sure the story itself will be amazing but perhaps a demo might just help answer some questions no-one else can answer. It’s really on the game play which I’m most worried about if I would like it or not. And one cannot say it is awesome or bad cos after all, everyone does have different taste.

I was going to ask the same question as comment one but good job I took a read at the comments before doing so. lol.

RY3NO-412 17 May, 2013 @ 9:36 pm   22

You guys put forth a good effort which shows in the journal and is itself truly unexpected and very well done indeed. This and the radical excerpts on SoundCloud have already sold me on the game ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

SwingerE11 17 May, 2013 @ 11:26 pm   23

This might be the next game imma get, cannot wait
will it have a pre-order bonus content?