Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:45pm

Announcing the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector’s Edition

We are proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition of Grand Theft Auto V – which will be available for worldwide pre-order starting today from participating retailers.

As an additional bonus, those who pre-order any edition of Grand Theft Auto V (including the Special Edition, Collector’s Edition or the standard retail edition) between now and 17th September will get access to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle.

GTAV Atomic Blimp

Here are details of what exclusive items you can look forward to in each edition, and you can read about each of them in more detail over on the Rockstar Newswire and at http://www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder.

The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector's Edition

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector's Edition

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of GTA, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. All versions are now available for pre-order until 17th September 2013, while supplies last (check with your local retailer for international prices).

Look for online pre-order links to be updated at www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder starting later today.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
hayzink 23 May, 2013 @ 2:48 pm   1

I liked the lockbox edition of 4, this edition seems quite good but I think I like 4′s better

JammieDodgerz 23 May, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   2

Apparently it’s £120?!

flaming_fist_17 23 May, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   3

are you going to show us the full map ?

dee4life4444 23 May, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   4

Money grabbers. Shame on you R*

hayzink 23 May, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   5

It’s not money grabbing at all no one is forcing u to buy the special editions.

That’s how collectables are supposed to work make a small run charge more for them thus making them collectables.

Mugo123 23 May, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   6

I figure the amount of time I am going to be playing this game, I can justify the expense of the collectors edition.

vonhammer 23 May, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   7

Brother’s asking about day one digital as his disk drive is dead. Any info?

CoolRichy007UK 23 May, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   8

dee4life4444 shut up girlpants your the money grabber not Rockstar (Pushes you in front of a car) IM DEFFO getting the special edition & any1 who dont is missing out £120 i dont think so & anyway all DLC will be added 2 ps store

Dark-Twisted 23 May, 2013 @ 3:32 pm   9

Does the standard edition come with a usual map like the GTAs in past? Or do we need to pay extra and pre-order for that these days?

Carnivius_Prime 23 May, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   10

I can’t say GTA interests me anymore. I would prefer a sequel to Bully or The Warriors but hey.

MASPALOMAZ 23 May, 2013 @ 3:52 pm   11

yeah all these GTA (and watchdogs) news i have to say i get turned off more and more , bring us the games NOW or shut up is my opinion on this :D

solarwind12 23 May, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   12

Was wondering about inclusion of map or apparently ‘blueprint’ myself. It’s just kinda traditional with R* games and hope it continues, mind i noticed in a lot of my purchases lately there’s not even a manual, not too bad If the on screen one is both done right and is accessible IN Game, sadly there not many that have been, one game i had even had the nerve to Just give a website address, i guess it does depend on The game itself though, still i don’t like the direction of it.
Looking forward to getting my hands on this one, i have a good feeling (back again) about it, very similar to when awaiting SA for PS2, roll on september.

dee4life4444 23 May, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   13

@ #5 In game vehicles that are already coded into the game that they are making you pre-order just to have the privilege of using, even though you are already paying for the game when is comes out IS NOT…. a collectable.

Carl-G 23 May, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   14

I will wait & see… i.e ‘if’ Microsoft get any timed Exclusive GTA5 DLC then i won’t buy the game sorry to say:-/

GalapagosaraY 23 May, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   15

pretty dissapointing versions of CE this game has.

Please don’t let game.co.uk be the only place to get the collectors edition from as they screwed me over with the songbird edition of Bioshock and tbh I’d rather never have to deal with them again

hayzink 23 May, 2013 @ 4:59 pm   17

@13

Now your twisting what I was saying to prove your point.

You were referring to the 120 price which is clearly for the collectors edition with the hat etc which are collectables.

solarwind12 23 May, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   18

@dee4life4444
I would agree with that, mostly, ie most dlc is allready in a game and really Should be included, but like most businesses gaming is squeezing as much as possible out of us, shame as i started gaming Before it became the multi-billion $ ‘industry’ it now is.. mind i remember going the match with my weekly pocket money (lol), guess not All changes are for the better, If someone decides to pay more for CE editions then i believe they deserve, more than statues or t-shirts, access to unique digital content, it really is imo The best excuse to justify spending extra, and, though it may be on the (every) game, it doesn’t necessarily mean it detracts the standard experience in slighest, i believe it wouldn’t be too difficult for a coder to implement, so though your principle is right, it may not apply here, as for the airship incentive, well i am willing to bet that That bonus will be available well after release, and from most every retailer.

NYaNCaTSPaCiN 23 May, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   19

oh my gosh… why?

link1983 23 May, 2013 @ 6:13 pm   20

I wonder if CoolRichy008 is now eating humble pie? See the 3 trailers post from April for clarification. I suspect he has been on this blog already? Or is he going to continue to assume he knows more than R* about their product and act as an unofficial mouth piece?

dark_angel69 23 May, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   21

No thanks. Standard for me sometime later on when it’s cheaper. I’m sure you wouldn’t remember now but I hope you read my post from your previous post because it was feedback that could help improve your online gaming. The post was the one with 3 videos of each character. Cant remember now what the comment number was but don’t feel like typing it again but if you can reply to that comment and tell me what can be done about it, then I will reconsider about getting this sooner.

ziyouss 23 May, 2013 @ 7:39 pm   22

can you put gta 5 demo on play store plzz

Is this supposed to be on PS4 as well?!

MA76_666 24 May, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   24

by end of Aug i want to see psn pre-order rolling please ;)

Stonesthrow 24 May, 2013 @ 9:10 pm   25

Sure, tease us some more. As if the wait isn’t hard enough already. Hmph! :)

oggy78 25 May, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   26

£65 and £120 depending on which edition you get based on Game website. Regular one for me (after picking up Killzone and Arkham Origins).

MlNlN3V 26 May, 2013 @ 6:30 pm   27

I upgraded my pre order to the Special Edition on Friday, got a free poster as well.

Aims1984 31 May, 2013 @ 2:51 am   28

I ordered my Collectors Edition, and it just makes me more anxious. It is going to be well worth the money.

YoU_GoT_SwErVeD 7 June, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   29

im bursting with excitement for this rockstar you are gods!!