Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 release date revealed

banner-realm

Attention all adventurers, I come bearing great news! Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s PlayStation 3 release is locked-in for 27th August 2013! You’ll be able to join your PC comrades for an unforgettable adventure from day one. Just install the game, find out which servers your friends are on, and group together and embark on an epic quest. Pretty cool huh?

But I haven’t just come to the PlayStation Blog to reveal the release date – there’s more! For FINAL FANTASY fans looking to secure their copy before release we’ve got some great pre-order bonuses. Pre-order now and you’ll get the following in-game content:

• Early Access – Get a head start and leave your mark in the realm of Eorzea with this early access to the game servers ahead of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn‘s launch.
  • Cait Sith Doll Minion – On sabbatical from Shinra Inc. and looking for adventure, Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet.
  • Mog Cap – Strut around the world of Eorzea with this one-of-a-kind Moogle-themed hat. Kupo!

For the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan we’ve got something a little bit more special in mind, the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition! Locked up within the Collector’s Edition are the following treasures:

• Art of Eorzea – An 80-page hardcover art book featuring never-before-seen concept art.
  • The Waning of the Sixth Sun – A special bonus video disc that takes a cinematic look at the events leading up to the realm being reborn.
  • Sounds of Eorzea – An album that features musical scores by renowned FINAL FANTASY series composers.
  • Art Cards – Five collectable character cards.
  • In-game bonus items – Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding

FF14_DLC_EU-resized

So, to avoid missing out why not head over to your favourite retailer and secure your pre-order copy now? Monthly subscriptions for the game will start £7.69/€10.99.

If you’re eager to see more on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn then pay close attention to this year’s E3 where we’ll be revealing some exciting new battle content, a trailer and more. To avoid missing a beat, follow @FF_XIV_EN on Twitter, Kupo!

Don’t forget you can still sign up for the PlayStation 3 Beta test, starting June! Click here to sign up.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

50 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first
Tramain1987 23 May, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   1

Any news on a PS4 release? Good work from the team to finally get this to consumers.

Evil-LoPo 23 May, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   2

Wished it would come out earlier but that’s fine. I hope that I get accepted in the PS3 beta since I haven’t got anything for the PC beta.

Also, I wonder if there will be a digital release of the game with pr-order from the PS Store.

Benjamin Bateman 23 May, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

We’ve not announced any digital release on the PS Store. My suggestion would be to pre-order the boxed version from your favourite online retailer.

Russell_Strife 23 May, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   3

Any news on FF10hd yet

Carnivius_Prime 23 May, 2013 @ 4:23 pm   4

No, just no.
I’m kinda hoping the Wii U dies a horrible death and Nintendo does a Sega and ends up dropping hardware production and produce games for Sony and Microsoft consoles instead. I say this here only because Secret of Mana and it’s sequel Seiken Densetsu 3 are the only Square games I ever really enjoyed (I still remember doing all that agency work in factories when I was a teenager saving up for SoM) and I’d like to have the roms available on PSN like they are on the Wii’s Virtual Console. Failing that, a remake would be acceptable as long as it kept true to the originals (no 3D and horribly over-designed character revamps)

vonhammer 23 May, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   5

Will this get ps4 port?

Tempest_Blank 23 May, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   6

“So, to avoid missing out why not head over to your favourite retailer and secure your pre-order copy now?”
Because i’m from Russia( I want retail collector’s edition, but it will be too expensive here(
Darn!

StuDevo 23 May, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   7

Any chance of a PS4 version?

Benjamin Bateman 28 May, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

No plans officially announced. At the moment we’re just focusing on making sure the PS3 version is the best it can possibly be. If you a beta invite then your feedback will really help us with making sure we achieve this. :)

Wraxend 23 May, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   8

Hmm charging a monthly subscription for a MMO you announced 4 years ago, well good luck with that. Oh and when that fails don’t go blaming Eidos for your financial problems.

at this day you DARE charge ppl on a MMO ?

every mmo go’s free 2 play and you charge ppl for it your out of you mind

i dont want anything to do with this game its just a big joke haha

Podyman 23 May, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   10

Benjamin, i’m not interested in MMORPGs at all. Rather i’d like to hear any news about:

1. Final Fantasy Type-0 western release (PSP or Vita)
2. Chrono Cross US import in european PS store
3. Xenogears US import in european PS store

Thank you.

And one more thing – i’m not surprised, that your company is in “red numbers”. Think about it.

VaVeTi 23 May, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   11

Posted on 23 May, 2013 at 4:15 pm by Russell_Strife
Any news on FF10hd yet

Posted on 23 May, 2013 at 4:48 pm by Benjamin Bateman
We’re not talking about FFX HD today, but we did released some screenshots not that long ago. Don’t know if you saw them?

man i hope your company goes bankrupt that just plane rude man

TomW344 23 May, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   12

Yeah we got screenshots for FFX HD, but that didn’t really tell us much. I’m hoping for some information or a release date at E3, because I’ve got to the point that despite playing FF5-FF12, I’m not interested at all to play the latest one you guys bring out. I’m interested for news of FFX HD as that’s a remaster of a game which was great, not just good.

Benjamin Bateman 28 May, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

Yeah, totally understand. Nothing to report today, but we do have FFX HD updates coming your way soon.

hayzink 23 May, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   13

Personally don’t like sub based games, never understood why u pay for the game and he sub.

I think I’d more likely pay the fee if I did not also have to fork out 40 quid to get the actual software

Artemisthemp 23 May, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   14

Nice Collectors hopefully Shopto.net have it

RagingAvatar 23 May, 2013 @ 5:08 pm   15

Anyone know of anywhere that is taking pre-orders for the PS3 Collector’s Edition yet?

LiquidSolid 23 May, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   16

I miss the classic FF boxarts. Ever since Eidos Americanised them, they’ve been horrible.

Lucreto 23 May, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   17

€10.99 a month is not too bad. It could be worse.

I do have a few questions.

1. If you buy the game does it come with 1 or 2 months subscription.

2. Is it possible down the line to have a pay as you go option. For example €10.99 for 20 or 30 hours.

I would love to play the game but with work and all I might only get a few hours in a week. Spending €10.99 a month and only getting 7-8 hours out of it is wasteful for me.

What happens if a huge game comes out mid month. People would either not pay the subscription that month but less likely just abandon the game leaving the subscription to expire and never go back. With a Pay as you go option they can play for those two weeks, play the new game and say have another 8 hours left on FF XIV and go back to it and possibly renew it.

Mojo__Man 23 May, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   18

I hope your game does well, because I like Squeenix. BUT, you have got to have some balls charging a monthly sub in this day and age!

Gone are the days of paying monthly on an MMO for me, but I am all for FTP and microtransactions.

GalapagosaraY 23 May, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   19

#4 wth does that have anything to do with this article ? you are near or over your 30s and are babbling about another console and games they made 15+ years ago on a page thats mentioning a MMO that just wont die already

AaronSOLDIER 23 May, 2013 @ 5:52 pm   20

lol finally this game was announced like 3 years ago, not like FFversus13 though we’ve been waiting 7 years now.

Please put your PSP games on the Store so we can play them on Vita. You like money, right?

zalwelgoedgaan 23 May, 2013 @ 5:52 pm   21

€11 a month? You guys are adorable, I’m sure that will work out for you just fine. :]

Nimdork 23 May, 2013 @ 5:59 pm   22

Can’t wait to play FFXIV again! Sounds like all the issues I had with the original launch have been addressed, so super excited :D

Which retailers will be stocking the Collector’s Edition in the UK/EU? Have looked at several and none seem to have them listed yet.

Benjamin Bateman 28 May, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Amazon and GAME both should be. Not all of the retailers have updated their websites but when they do, we’ll list them on the website.

ShadowDoGGG 23 May, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   23

How much would I have to pay Sqaure Enix to forget about Final Fantasy and actually get on with Kingdom hearts? Your wasting the developers time on a game that is taking forever to ‘complete’ or most likely port to next gen.

dark_angel69 23 May, 2013 @ 6:41 pm   24

Darn.. Was scrolling down the blog to catch up on the latest news and then I seen something that got my heart racing and my eyes opened wider with excitement. The first thing I seen was Final Fantasy. I was like omg omg omg but then…… it turns out to be this. I thought it was going to say Final Fantasy X HD. lol

Cloud_AC 23 May, 2013 @ 7:01 pm   25

PS Plus subscribers should not need to pay the monthly fee. Make it happen, Sony.

ducky1549 23 May, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   26

If it’s like the earlier pc version it’ll be £7.49 a month for 1 character slot + £2 for each additional character slot, i bought ff XIV on pc and wasn’t happy about that as it didn’t mention anywhere that you had to pay extra per character slot.

MasenkoHa 23 May, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   27

Wow.. what’s with all the negativaty for this game? I for one am very excited! However I’m a bit confused about the subscription fee on as on their site they seem to have put them a bit backwards..
Standard £7.69 / 10.99 € * 8 40 180 day
£8.39 / 11.99 € * 8 40 90 day
£8.99 / 12.99 € * 8 40 30 day
Entry £7.69 / 10.99 € * 1 8 30 day

Stonesthrow 23 May, 2013 @ 8:34 pm   28

Monthly fee is the reason I’m not into MMORPG’s. Might as well play a regular RPG.

On a side note, any word on FFVERSUS13? Way too quiet around this title and I hope they learned not to announce too soon, when we eventually only get to experience it on the next console or not at all.

GetMarky 23 May, 2013 @ 9:05 pm   29

this game has taken soooo long it best come out on ps4 cause ill be selling my ps3 when i get ps4 so if you havent started making it for ps4 then you fail again

supersmith2500 23 May, 2013 @ 9:13 pm   30

Monthly subscriptions? Good luck with that.

Some MMO games are FTP anyways.

Lucreto 23 May, 2013 @ 9:23 pm   31

@MasenkoHa

If you commit to 4 months you pay €10.99 each month and if you do 1 month you have to pay €12.99

here is a blank cheque, my credit cards and all my money, I want this now!
Im a legacy player from the PC 1.0 version, and I’m definitely buying this again to get all the CE goodies, actually I may buy multiple copies and keep one set sealed.
I confess Im an XIV addict in withdrawal at the moment.

Witcher70 23 May, 2013 @ 10:04 pm   33

So a full retail price AND a monthly sub….. A bit greedy do you not think ? I love FF but not the fee paying kind !

Terarded 24 May, 2013 @ 1:23 am   34

ive been excited for this… until i found out its monthly subscription based.
monthly subscriptions are horrible its like paying retail price to hire it and being forced to re-hire it every month

id rather spend 200 to own it rather than 10$ a month, even if i was only planning on playing it for a month.

BrianDamage7 24 May, 2013 @ 2:06 am   35

Really looking forward to your game! Don’t understand all the negativity towards monthly sub? The money from subscription goes towards maintenance and the likes. Without that you would all just be complaining that the game has problems and not enough routine maintenance!
You can’t seem to win with some people, but I can’t wait to get this game!

DJDanny88 24 May, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   36

I wonder if they’ll bring some kind of special PSN based card for this, so you pay for a full year in one go, instead of monthly through your debit/credit card.

Stonesthrow 24 May, 2013 @ 9:05 pm   37

@36 My biggest issue with it is that you’re kind of ‘tied’ to the game that way. I like playing games at my own pacing and when it comes to RPG’s in particular, I tend to play with months in between sometimes. I still haven’t finished the Fallouts or Skyrim to this day.

Stonesthrow 24 May, 2013 @ 9:07 pm   38

Srr, that was @35 BrianDamage7 ^^

RemyX-1988 24 May, 2013 @ 9:44 pm   39

For many years, I have been a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and I have been waiting to be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV for a long time. It was too bad the original version of the game didn’t do as Square Enix had hoped, but I am confident that A REALM REBORN will be the true and definitive version of the game. Although I never was able to try out FINAL FANTASY XI: Online, I will certainly support the fourteenth main release in the series by buying the wonderful Collector’s Edition showcased here.

As for further support from me, I can say you have it. It’s just a bit hard to be waiting for Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII. And with the upcoming FINAL FANTASY-related announcement at the coming E3, my excitement for the future is ever-expanding. As is the FINAL FANTASY-franchise.

RemyX-1988 24 May, 2013 @ 9:45 pm   40

One thing I would love, though, is for Square-Enix to include both Japanese and English language options in their future game. While I do love the English cast of the most recent titles (especially Ali Hillis as Lightning), the Japanese voices are a much-requested feature by fans. Since we have been using Blu-ray technology for more than six years now, I would believe there is enough space on the disc to make this happen for future titles. Because as it stands now, I find myself buying multiple versions of FINAL FANTASY games, just to have the Japanese voices available to me. It’s perhaps one of the reasons why I own the Chinese editions for both FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, along with the European Collector’s and Crystal Editions.

In short, I would just like to say that I am a big fan of what Square Enix is doing as a company, and I hope to be able to enjoy the FINAL FANTASY series for many more years to come! A sincere “Thank you!” from the Netherlands.

TheBorzoi 24 May, 2013 @ 11:07 pm   41

I’ve checked all my usual sources for games but unfortunately, none of them have the collector’s edition listed yet. Will we or can we get a list of retailers which will be known to sell the collector’s edition?

Benjamin Bateman 28 May, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

Yup, we’ll be providing a full list on the FFXIV website very soon. Sorry for the delay.

SwingerE11 24 May, 2013 @ 11:58 pm   42

About this game, after you buy it, are there any monthly fees?
Coz some online only games you have to pay monthly.

SwingerE11 25 May, 2013 @ 2:26 am   43

Forget about my first comment
I spotted the monthly subscription bit
So I’m definitely not gonna buy this game.
There should only be a one time fee

KylieDog 25 May, 2013 @ 8:38 pm   44

No offence but expecting us to pay for the game and then pay again for a sub is backwards business.

MMORPGS these days are pay for the game and play free or pay a sub and the game is free.

couch-tattie 26 May, 2013 @ 2:30 pm   45

Dont get the hate I am really looking forward to this game. Regarding the free month or whatever there will be a demo on the store a month before the game is released so you can try it then and see if you like it or not. Thats much better than paying the price of the game to see if you like it.

I always loved the final fantasy games you can totally lose yourself in them and the fact this is online only gives the time an infinite lifespan and really cant wait to tackle a big boss with a group of other players.

Regarding the monthly charge if the game is going to last you (me) months maybe even years think how much money your saving on new games so I for one am happy to pay for a game that will keep me going.
Other bonus with paying is us in the EU dont have to suffer the way we suffered with white knight chronicles 2 in the fact they wouldn’t give us the dlc that japan had. If we are paying for it that will cover any losses they would normally suffer from us EU gamers who dont play as much of these games. It will probably be like FFXI as well where if xbox live was down you could still play FFXI due to there own servers by passing it :).

KnightOfSorrowDC 26 May, 2013 @ 8:29 pm   46

will there be cards with redeem codes to pay for the monthly fee coz i will not put my card on the net i really want to play this game

please make a game card to pay for the monthly fee square for ps3/4 or for comp

Tsubaki_14 27 May, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   47

@KnightOfSorrowDC there is such a card, called crysta I believe, check their official site for the game. As for PS3 I am assuming we’ll be able to use our PSN wallet to pay the monthly fee, I REALLY hope so. I mean, it’d be completely illogical if it doesn’t

dylanmasonjnr 27 May, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   48

i hope they dont expect us to pay 50 quid for the game then whatever a month cause that will be a major rip off i must say. pc owners dhould get the game free by going to official website then whatever a month then ps3 owners should pay 50 for the game then free after that but also add the dlc or whatever who is with me?.

PLAXlCO 28 May, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   49

I’d pay 50usd a month if a game was worth it, if you guys need to borrow some change ill lend it to you, 10,12 a month? Who cares I only care if the game is gonna be a quality game. I can either get 2 meals at McDonald’s or play countless hours of ff a month.

mrvalentine118 8 June, 2013 @ 5:24 am   50

ok its very nice to see this game finally get released but why sooo late. i mean were at the end of the ps3 era the ps4 is coming out at the end of this year. so after a few games come out for the new console who in there right mind would go back to there old one hmm. why release final fantasy a realm reborn to ps3 why not just port it to ps4. im sure the graphics for it are great and will probably give the ps3 some problems. i know alot of newer games with great graphics are giving the ps3 some problems why? because they should be ported to the ps4 duhh. A realm reborn would be great for the ps4 along with the brand new fantasy series. heck we waited all this time why not wait a bit more to give it the best graphics on the ps4.