Posted 28 May

Free Soul Sacrifice DLC launches this week

Lead image Berserker

Hello everyone! I hope you’ve been enjoying Soul Sacrifice. Tomorrow we’re releasing the first major update for Soul Sacrifice. Everything will be free, so don’t forget to update your game to version 1.10 from LiveArea and then visit PlayStation Store to download unlock keys for free!

New quests
Eight new quests will be added upon using the unlock key. To play the quests, go to Mad Chronicle > Inside Avalon > Avalon Pacts > Forgotten Pact > Hour of Amber (game progress required).

In these new quests, you will see two new boss characters called Dullahan and Behemoth and a new map called Caverns of Goliath.

About Dullahan
There was once a knight whose name was known the world over… But it was not his abilities that had made him famous. Indeed, he was viewed with curiosity, not respect. Many thought him downright unsettling; it was the way in which he did battle. While most warriors took pleasure in striking their enemies and avoiding their blows, this knight was the exact opposite. Apparently he would howl with joy whenever struck, and his face would twist with satisfaction…

Dullahan_SS

About Behemoth
In a quiet town, a young boy lived together with his parents. He had always had a big appetite, even since he was an infant. Above all, apples were his favourite. Any day he had an apple at hand was a happy day to him. And his parents, knowing this, had an easy time raising him.

Though they spoiled him in his infancy, there came a day when even his parents refused his demands for apples. The tantrum he threw was frightening. By that point, he was massively obese, easily weighing as much as three grown men. To say the thrashings of a boy that size were beyond his parents’ handling is an understatement…

Behemoth_SS

New map: Caverns of Goliath
You’re basically inside the body of a soldier who turned into a giant. The digestive fluid is always being secreted, so you constantly lose your HP just being there. The battle against Dullahan there will be quite challenging!

GoliathGoliathe_2

New Black Rite: Berserker
Download the free unlock key from PlayStation Store to add Berserker as your new Black Rite. Offer your brain to unleash its potential. The price for using this Black Rite will be to have redacted info on equipped Offerings. So you will not be able to see what Offerings you’ve set on each button.

Lead image Berserker

This huge 1.10 update also adds support for posting stats to Twitter and Facebook, plus an addictive new AR mini-game!

Posting to Twitter and Facebook
You can post your play information – such as the number of sacrifices/saves, or the status of your right arm – to Twitter/Facebook once a day. You will gain lacrima by sharing your stats with your friends!

Discovery Pact (AR cards required)
Use AR cards to summon your character and collect numerous “memories.” These memories are revealed using Mind’s Eye, and can be collected simply by touching them. After one memory has been collected, others become harder to find for a time. Memories can be exchanged for lacrima once collected. I recommend doing this mini-game if you use Black Rites often in the game to undo the price!

AR_1AR_2

Look for more new content in June – please check back to PlayStation Blog for details!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

supersmith2500 28 May, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   1

This looks amazing. Is the DLC coming out tommorow like always?

Lord_Gremlin 28 May, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   2

“Memories can be exchanged for lacrima”
Last I checked I had about 30000 lacrima. And I haven’t used a black rite or repaired an offering for ages. Any new way to earn lacrima is useless.
I do look forward to new bosses. Gonna abuse seadevil scales like there’s no tomorrow.
Hey, maybe you could tell us what the new bosses weaknesses are? Behemoth is probably fire, right?

Silent_Gig 28 May, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   3

Cannot wait, im very excited – thank you once again to the team in delivering PS Vitas Killer Software title!

Nightmare966 28 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   4

@supersmith: Re-read the post again

“Tomorrow we’re releasing the first major update for Soul Sacrifice. Everything will be free, so don’t forget to update your game to version 1.10 from LiveArea and then visit PlayStation Store to download unlock keys for free!”

:P

Don’t have (yet?) Soul Sacrifice myself, but this does surely look a good and complete update :)

CostaPablo 28 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   5

Man…this is so AWESOME!
Thanks for this, really! This show how much you guys love the game and the fans. Please, keep throwing out more free DLC :D
Also, if you can, you could give us some new powers :D I think even if it was paid DLC I would still grab it!
THANKS!

Artemisthemp 28 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   6

I looking forward to returning to my Soul Sacrifice with my friend to try this new DLC out

man oh man i cant wait to get my hands on the AR part

pressmyfoot 28 May, 2013 @ 7:05 pm   8

My excitement is palpable.

However… Sleep vs Soul Sacrifice.

pmf (getting on in life)

monoliet 28 May, 2013 @ 7:05 pm   9

i alrady update soul sacrefice today to newer version
tommoro i can dowload free keys ( misions )

cowbanana 28 May, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   10

Most excellent!

Soul Sacrifice is a tremendously enjoyable game. More content is awesome.

richard4481 28 May, 2013 @ 8:57 pm   11

The multi-player side of this game is one of the most underrated hidden gems of the PS Vita games, this needs more exposure!

Thank you for the DLC much appreciated

namseyn 28 May, 2013 @ 9:49 pm   12

i just updated my SS to the new patch then i installed it now im getting an error (C1-2760-5) please help :(

pineanas 28 May, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   13

Excellent!! Thank you for this great add-on to an already stellar game!

X_Blood_Curse_X 28 May, 2013 @ 9:53 pm   14

Great game + great looking FREE DLC = Great times!

Glad to see this game being supported across the globe!

pressmyfoot 29 May, 2013 @ 3:22 am   15

I wonder what I did with my AR cards…..

pmf (diminished)

SniperFox777 29 May, 2013 @ 5:25 am   16

God damn I lost some sleep it’s WAY to early and i’m not even sleepy, glad to know this game is getting free DLC but its costing me sleep anyways can’t wait for the dlc to be out. Just a few more hours.

aros2011 29 May, 2013 @ 10:24 am   17

Fantastic – thanks guys! I’m really impressed by your efforts to support Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content.

I can’t wait to see what the next year will bring for the Vita at e3.

ome_edge 29 May, 2013 @ 11:47 am   18

ITA Here. I’ve already updated to 1.10 last night but I can’t find any DLC/Keys yet: nor yesterday neither this morning. :c

supersmith2500 29 May, 2013 @ 12:33 pm   19

@ome_edge:
Wait for few hours. Then the it should come.

aros2011 29 May, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   20

3pm the store is updated by normally.

supersmith2500 29 May, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   21

@aros2011:
3pm now and still nothing. I’ll wait for an hour.

xXReplicANTXx 29 May, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   22

I want the developers of SS at SCEA to know that we all appreciate the tremendous effort you’ve put into this game. To release free DLC so close to launch epitomises how much you care about the fans. And shows a stark contrast between the services provided compared to a company like EA for instance.
Adding AR play as a feature really expands upon experience and showcases your interest in utlising the VITA’s fantastic capabalities. I will definitely be purchasing future DLC whteher it’s free or not. As fans we should reciprocate the support as well.
If you guys release a sequel which i’m sure you will, it would be great if you took some input from your fanbase into account. I for one would like to see a HUB of some sort to change the downtime between missions from something more static to engaging. And please could you make maps more characteristic. I.e terrain detail and locationn changing. Those are only two things i would expand upon. Other than that i love this game! Thank you :)

supersmith2500 29 May, 2013 @ 4:24 pm   23

Really starting to get downright annoying now. The DLC is NOT even on the Store yet!

supersmith2500 29 May, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   24

Well thanks for making this Store hard to use. I had to search for the game and I can finally see some DLC now. Now I can finally calm down and enjoy this new DLC.

JKonzon 29 May, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   25

well i’m happy i’m not the only person still waiting : ) can’t wait thanks Sony for the free Dlc