Posted 6:03pm

The Last of Us demo available today via God of War: Ascension

The Last of Us on PS3

When the PlayStation Store updates in your region later this evening, if you were wise enough to purchase a copy of God of War: Ascension, you’ll be able to pop that disc into your PS3 and download The Last of Us demo.

Instructions for installation came with your voucher code so find that flyer and get to downloading! If you’re having any trouble finding your flyer, just insert your God of War: Ascension disc into your PS3, navigate to the “Launch The Last of Us Demo” option on the main menu and you’ll be taken to the PlayStation Store where you can download the demo. Once downloaded, simply find it on your XMB and install it to start playing.

The Last of Us on PS3

The demo features the Outskirts level of The Last of Us in which Joel and Ellie, along with Tess, will encounter multiple Infected enemies. Runners and Clickers have distinct behaviors and methods of attacking you. You’re going to need to explore the environment and scavenge your surroundings for items and objects that might give you the kind of offensive or defensive advantage that suits your play style. Here’s a look at the tense situation Joel and Ellie will be in:

The Last of Us on PS3The Last of Us on PS3

If you’re already sold, we think this demo will sate your hunger for the full game until it launches in just a few weeks. If you haven’t read or seen much about The Last of Us, hopefully this demo will pique your curiosity to pre-order The Last of Us today. The Last of Us will be available 14th June 2013.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

KylieDog 31 May, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   1

“An error has occured” x infinity

Great launch.

Not working right now, but ND&Sony SM seem to be trying to fix it https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/340515304822153217

TKC-Muzzer 31 May, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   3

Is this what happens when everyone presses download at the same time?

Bahamut_MW 31 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   4

The same error over and over again =/ way to go sony, your store is as good as ever… oh well

bushdoctor777 31 May, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   5

Not working for me either. Come on Sony fix this i have been waiting for months for this Demo.

KylieDog 31 May, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   6

It kicked me back to GoW:A menu, only now there is no option for TLoU demo.

It gets better…

residentSteve 31 May, 2013 @ 6:15 pm   7

I thought this would happen now the store closed for maintenance.

nanduX123 31 May, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   8

well not working

TKC-Muzzer 31 May, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   9

I can’t access the store either, seems an unforeseen error has occurred. Patience people.

DarthKoth 31 May, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   10

An error has occurred. (80023017) They had months to make sure this worked, (CENSORED) as usual

BSAA_Agent_Tony 31 May, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   11

Same KylieDog :/ maaan. I guess we’re gonna have to wait for a couple more hours..

rooky91 31 May, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   13

Why have a timer if your going to start maintenance as soon as?!

Or even if its crashed due to demand Sony Europe needs to step up for next Gen. They tweeted we’d get the demo TOMORROW!

C98976 31 May, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   14

sorry for dupe comment didn’t know the first one came through ^^

Carl-G 31 May, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   15

It’s not working :( Didn’t SONY realize that EVERYONE would try & download it at the same time? :D I will try later i suppose(MEGA-DISAPPOINTED) + This is the sort of stuff SONY really should get right next-gen(on the PS4) Or it won’t end well. Oh well.

TKC-Muzzer 31 May, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   16

Patience people, the store went down as well. There is no way you can prepare for that, we didn’t expect, they didn’t expect it. Have some tea, relax….

paulbaker84 31 May, 2013 @ 6:26 pm   17

Soooooooo (CENSORED) of right now. Been all hyped up since I heard of the last of us a few years ago And what do Sony do? (CENSORED) us up the (CENSORED) with a retractable baton! Thank you very much Sony!!!!!!

BlazinT10 31 May, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   18

I will have some tea while pressing the start button a thousand times.

trojanfoe 31 May, 2013 @ 6:31 pm   19

They didn’t expect that everyone with access would try and download at exactly the same time? I expected it.

JediKnight246 31 May, 2013 @ 6:35 pm   20

I’m getting the error code as well, and a ’502 Bad Gateway’ error while trying to sign into this blog. What’s the point in having a fancy countdown timer if the demo doesn’t work when it finally hits zero? I’ll guess I’ll give it another go later on.

Silent_Gig 31 May, 2013 @ 6:44 pm   21

What about non god of war ascension people?

I can’t download the Last of Us demo here in the Netherlands. I phoned Sony they didn’t know anything about it so they checked but their system was down too. They told me to wait…….i’ve been waiting for 2 months already to play this demo! I know how this is going to turn out, the demo will be available at midnight and then it’s gonna take al night to download and because I have to work tomorrow I won’t be able to play it before saturday evening. Way to go Sony, and I’m supposed to buy the PS4 when it comes out? Yeah right!

jaffe07 31 May, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   23

Playing right now,its just like uncharted..

Ishan_The_King 31 May, 2013 @ 6:55 pm   24

Finished downloading the 132MB XMB file, installed it, now it seems to be downloading more data – 2 hours remaining.

EggersTownVille 31 May, 2013 @ 6:57 pm   25

@19 non GOWA people miss out on seeing a countdown to infinite loop of error and frustration. :)

Makes me wonder if i should get physical retail copy instead of digital ver at launch assuming this will happen again ?

Rasterico 31 May, 2013 @ 7:01 pm   26

I guess I struck lucky getting the download, it did take persistence though (constant backing out and retrying) as posted above though don’t think when you’ve downloaded the initial 132MB file that’s it, oh no! Be prepared for another hour wait while it rips the rest of the demo files from I presume the God Of War disc to your playstation hard drive :( I’m currently sat at 34% with 31 minutes remaining!

At least I’m on the home straight though!

bushdoctor777 31 May, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   27

Managed to add it to my download list but when i try to download it i get an error:(

Is your E3 livestream going to work just as good?

ShadowDoGGG 31 May, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   29

You do realise Sony this is one way to really alienate your fan base… let me tell you what a DEMO is…. it is a way to advertise your product..

Rasterico 31 May, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   30

@bushdoctor777 I also had that problem, as soon as it came up with the “initialising” thing it kept giving me an error, I just kept pressing circle to back out then X to try again over and over and over! Eventually I got lucky, make sure if any of you get to the “initialising” stage you don’t back out too far and just keep retrying, good luck!

Lunastra78 31 May, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   31

No demo for me. I’ve already pre-ordered TLoU long ago and I want to enter that game innocent like a lamb, fresh like the morning dew and curious like a ascetic monk in the red light district.

bushdoctor777 31 May, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   32

Success!!!Downloaded and installed will play in 10 minutes.

trojanfoe 31 May, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   33

Yeah it’s working now. 25 minutes away…

Rasterico 31 May, 2013 @ 7:20 pm   34

You’ll be lucky, you have to wait till the files install from the disc first! I’ve still got 13 minutes to go on that part!

rooky91 31 May, 2013 @ 7:30 pm   35

Just finished it. So cruel how short it is, but only 2 weeks out.

Just to say, the “Infected” are no push overs. You will really start to dread them. Can’t wait now.

bushdoctor777 31 May, 2013 @ 7:33 pm   36

Installed the extra info in 3 minutes going to play it now!!So excited.

supercoolmanchu 31 May, 2013 @ 8:01 pm   37

Oooohhh, and you can also pre-order the game from the demo… €59.99 for the digital version, which comes with either the Survival or Sights & Sounds Pack!

Grantoso 31 May, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   38

Got it into my download list but still getting 80029722 error =(

MASPALOMAZ 31 May, 2013 @ 8:07 pm   39

thx for the infos guys. 60€ and no plus discount? some of the recent USA $60 games wer 50€ here. Cant have it all I guess. Anyone see the filesize of the full game already?

conormcl2007 31 May, 2013 @ 8:09 pm   40

Finished it, loved it. Roll on release day here in Northern Ireland! I’ve got my Ellie edition pre-ordered! Can’t wait!

Dessan88 31 May, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   41

Do i need to update the game to download the demo ?! Can’t seem to find the last of us page…

ashton_philip 31 May, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   42

Absolutely loved it and really happy I’ve Pr-ordered the game! Short and sweet demo. It has a feel that is a lot more strategic than typical shooters I really had to think about how I was gonna approach the infected using all the tools at my disposal. Stupid Clicker took two of my shivs and 2 revolver bullets. I loved Bioshock: Infinite but the gameplay in this game is something that breaks out of a cliched mould.

Voodoo341 31 May, 2013 @ 8:18 pm   43

So much for PS+ getting you exclusive demos.

Grantoso 31 May, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   44

Still can’t download it. Error Code 80029722 =((((

residentSteve 31 May, 2013 @ 8:28 pm   45

Not sure if I like it yet why can’t you change weapons with the d-pad it’s to slow to change weapons if you run out of ammo took 3 goes to finish the demo just wished it was a bit longer to see if I liked the controls or not.

rooky91 31 May, 2013 @ 8:56 pm   46

@residentSteve its slow to change weapon because its about survival. You need to plan, changing at any moment would decrease the tention.

Stonesthrow 31 May, 2013 @ 9:05 pm   47

Thanks for the heads up on the extra downloading time guys. Hate to run into something like that when I expect to do a quick download and play another game after.

Coody-Baroody 31 May, 2013 @ 9:22 pm   48

I cant tell you how much I WISH with every fibre of myself that ND never made this DAMN demo. I stumbled on the fact that hackers had hacked this demo and revealed all the titles of the cut scenes. I didn’t know anything about it, went on Youtube to watch the PS4 show again and there was a comment from a jealous xbox fanboy spoiling the end for everyone!

I just hope and pray what I saw wasn’t accurate cos TLOU is my most anticipated game ever. Also fellow PS gamers, I heard that the demo detracts from the actual experience of that section if the game so I wouldn’t bother playing it anyway.

Anyone know how I can give myself amnesia? ;(((((

andrewsqual 31 May, 2013 @ 9:30 pm   49

@supercoolmanchu Gamestop Ireland are doing the Ellie Edition mate that comes with the two packs and more. They are also doing the Statue on its own that usually comes with the U.S. Post Pandemic Edition and it is on sale right now!!! Gamestop UK are doing it also. I got my statue today!!!

Jamesyp00 31 May, 2013 @ 9:33 pm   50

Anyone care to give an unbiased opinion on the demo?
Controls,gameplay, environment etc