Posted 10:33pm

PlayStation at E3 2013: Watch it live on PS Blog

So, E3 is nearly upon us! That glorious week every June when the biggest and best video game creators from around the world gather in Los Angeles to show off the fruits of their labours is just days away.

Once again, we’ll be streaming the show live, right here on PlayStation Blog, for four days. Things kick off at 1.30am BST/2.30am CET early on Tuesday 11th June with the PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference, where we’ll be showcasing the future of PS3, PS Vita and, of course, PS4. Trust me, you won’t want to miss it – but if you’re not much of a night owl, fear not, you will be able to watch it on repeat later in the day.

Then, from 8.00pm/9.00pm on Tuesday evening, we’ll kick off three days of our PlayStation LiveCast show, featuring gameplay demos and developer interviews for zillions of upcoming PS4, PS3 and PS Vita games.

Expect to see BEYOND: Two Souls from Quantic Dream, Destiny from Bungie, DriveClub from Evolution Studios, The Evil Within from Tango GameWorks, Gran Turismo 6 from Polyphony Digital, inFAMOUS: Second Son from Sucker Punch Productions, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Killzone Mercenary from Guerrilla Games, The Last of Us from Naughty Dog, Tearaway from Media Molecule, Wolfenstein: The New Order from MachineGames and many, many more. All told, we’re planning to showcase more than 40 games across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

My esteemed colleague at SCEA, Sid Shuman, will be hosting all the action, but you might see me pop up here and there too.

You’ll find the livestream right here on PlayStation Blog, and at PlayStation.com, Ustream, PlayStation Home, Facebook or Google Plus. You’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 too — look for the icon under your XMB’s What’s New section.

Here’s the full live schedule – set those alarms and bookmarks!

Tuesday 11th June: PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference – 1.30am BST/2.30am CET
Tuesday 11th June: PlayStation LiveCast show – 8.00pm/9.00pm to 2.00am/3.00am
Wednesday 12th June: PlayStation LiveCast show – 6.00pm/7.00pm to 2.00am/3.00am
Thursday 13th June: PlayStation LiveCast show 6.00pm/7.00pm to 2.00am/3.00am

We could use a little help from you, too. Leave your questions for the games listed above in the comments below and we’ll post the best to the developers live (and yep, you’ll get full credit). We’ll be snagging questions from Twitter too – give @PlayStationEU a shout with any suggestions.

As well as the live video show, we’ll have posts from a huge number of developers going up on the Blog throughout the week, as well as a daily diary from the show floor from yours truly. Also, keep an eye on our Twitter feed for live updates all week. Exciting times – we can’t wait to get started!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

84 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

Can’t wait!!! :P :P :P

At 05/06/2013 23:36 (this video is private)

Reality_palez 5 June, 2013 @ 10:39 pm   3

Will the confrence only be an hour long

Handige_Harry 5 June, 2013 @ 10:44 pm   4

Whooohoooo! Setting my alarm clock!

Miro33no 5 June, 2013 @ 10:48 pm   5

Why do I have to go abroad when this will be streamed :( Hopefully I ll find time to see at least some bits of it, and if not, well, hopefully there will be a record somewhere on the internet :D I am looking forward for some awesome news anyway :D

Dr-abdulelah 5 June, 2013 @ 10:49 pm   6

hi fred
what happen to PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference livestream to vita ?

Fred Dutton 6 June, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

We’ll update you on Vita streaming tomorrow – sorry to keep you waiting.

skells22 5 June, 2013 @ 10:57 pm   7

at least I know home will be used and I will take full use of the repeat as I am normally in bed by 10.00pm

cooldudematt 5 June, 2013 @ 11:00 pm   8

Hi Fred, My name is Matthew McNamee & Me & A few friends have put together a gaming news website where we publish the latest gaming news stories and include features, We even borrowed your Weekend Playlist idea =). Anyway I was wondering if there was anyway of contacting you guys via Email regarding press releases for the site. We are trying to do our best with what we have at the moment. A Reply would be greatly appreciated and respected. Thanks. P.S. We are all huge PlayStation fans =D

Elbender93 5 June, 2013 @ 11:09 pm   9

Here in Italy the live conference starts at 3:00 AM, Im gonna watch it live! that’s how much I like E3

Lucreto 5 June, 2013 @ 11:28 pm   10

So the conference will start half an hour earlier that we expected.

Lucky you said that. I would have hated missing half an hour.

How long will the show be on for? 90 minutes or 120 minutes?

I hope for 2 hours but I expect 90 minutes with this new time.

Fred Dutton 6 June, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

The main event itself starts at 2.00am, but everyone loves a bit of pre-show excitement-building, no?

Question for all PS4 game developers:
- Which of the new dualshock features do they put into their games?
- How do they solve the lack of some buttons on the Vita because every game needs to be playable through that system?
- How much do their games depend on the fastest network in the world Sony has promised to build but will probably take it’s time to do so for all countries?
- What (if any) problems do occur when you have to program a game that needs to be playable while downloading?
- How much easier is it to program for the new PS4 and do they think they reach the maximum potential of that system faster then programming for PS3?
- Destiny (Bungie) How do they think their loyal fanbase will feel now they have been on stage with Sony? Will we get extra exclusive content? How do they think they can succeed in a MMO market that seems to be full of games that don’t do well?

dark_angel69 5 June, 2013 @ 11:47 pm   12

AHHHHH!! I cant wait!! Just want to scream with excitement!! lol. Tell me, is The Last Guardian going to appear at E3?? :D I hope it is :D

CRASHBASHUK 5 June, 2013 @ 11:52 pm   13

@10 the 1.30AM BST or 2.30AM CET is the pre-show they did this last year

Stonesthrow 6 June, 2013 @ 12:12 am   14

Now that I’m done grieving over the fact my beloved Dualshock3 will soon be no more, the hype has gone way up. A new Playstation console is always most exciting! One thing that really has me pumped up at this point, so close to launch, is the amount of amazing looking games releasing at launch. This is by far the best launch lineup in the history of Playstation consoles. Just the thought of having Killzone at launch to see all the early potential of this next gen iteration is giving me goosebumps. And then there’s a bagfull of other musthaves available at launch!
Argh this can’t come soon enough! Will definitely be watching here and regularly be checking up on the posts after.

vonhammer 6 June, 2013 @ 12:17 am   15

I’m almost a 100% sold on PS4. Been asking for a while but PlanetSide 2 is the 90% clincher.

All I need to know is that my PS3 USB accessories like my G25 wheel, and the PC/PS3 Hotas flight stick (come to me War Thunder) will still work on PS4. Based on the past I’m not worried, but would like confirmation as soon as possible.

That last 5% is the DRM policy and if the current account system works the same. I’ll end up with one upstairs and downstairs, and having my account on both systems with cloud saves is like a nice dream that shouldn’t be spoiled.

Alienshade 6 June, 2013 @ 12:22 am   16

The vita have touch=L2 R2 L3 R3 and more. The dualshock3 dont.

Lucreto 6 June, 2013 @ 12:24 am   17

@CRASHBASHUK

Did they? I don’t remember that. I was watching gametrailers so I must have missed it.

lillehagen 6 June, 2013 @ 12:27 am   18

2:30am

So Yurrup still doesn’t exist?

hayzink 6 June, 2013 @ 12:48 am   19

Hayzinks top tips for e3 supremacy.

1. Remover your at a worldwide event so focus on the things we can all use, if you have loads of cool tv stuff thats USA only keep it off the stage and on the USA blog.
There’s nothing worse as a customer than having cool features u won’t get raved about on stage.

2. Keep it about the games, we can read after the event stats about how many accounts are connected to psn and how many vita units have shipped worldwide.

3. Lots of live gameplay, cgi gameplay tells us nothing about the next gen.

4. Have a woman on stage to stop click bait journalists making issues out of nothing.

5.LAUNCH 2013 IN EUROPE

And finally dont charge for used games.

brimoETHAN 6 June, 2013 @ 1:04 am   20

hey fred what did happen to the E3 livestream on the vita or cwn we watch it live at e3.eu.playstation.com ?

SERGEANT-Q6R 6 June, 2013 @ 1:05 am   21

Can’t wait :) :) :)

CRASHBASHUK 6 June, 2013 @ 1:07 am   22

@Lucreto
well that’s why you watch from the official website and not a web site where you can watch all of them

ocelot07 6 June, 2013 @ 1:50 am   23

I have a question for Guerrilla Games. Will there be any sort of cross content between Killzone Shadow Fall and Killzone Mercenary? Like we have seen before with Assassin’s Creed 3 on the PS3 and Assassin’s Creed Liberation on the PS Vita?

Immortal-Wolf-- 6 June, 2013 @ 4:34 am   24

I don’t understand why is every gaming news saying out there saying PS4 / PS4 Games are Free to Play as at E3 2013 Sony PSN will confirm PS4 MMO and PS4 games online you will have to pay the online pass gaikai service PS4 is not FREE TO PLAY online.

PS4 Games will also have a pay fee used games as well

Enuff Said…

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 6 June, 2013 @ 4:49 am   25

OMG! THIS IS TRUE!

PS4 Games will also have a pay fee used games as well

Enuff Said…

Terarded 6 June, 2013 @ 5:11 am   26

hard to get excited when most of the featured games have taken so long to come out that they were all showcased last year -.-

residentSteve 6 June, 2013 @ 6:49 am   27

Finally I can watch it on my ps3 can’t wait, hope I don’t fall a sleep has its on so late.

dark_angel69 6 June, 2013 @ 9:26 am   28

Omg I was going to ask the exact same thing what ocelot07 was going to ask and compare it with AC3 and ACL3 also. lol. It slipped my mind last night and thought I would do it in the morning cos couldn’t be bothered switching on the laptop again. lol. Would like to know the answer to it also.

Also about Destiny, can you find out if it is in any way like Halo? I mean like for game play.

james_agent 6 June, 2013 @ 9:48 am   29

Hi Fred

Will you post the trailers of the games on PS Store trailers section?

Fred Dutton 6 June, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

I’ll need to check with the Store team, but I hope so, yes

TheMART 6 June, 2013 @ 11:13 am   30

So it was said we could watch a stream through the PSVita too. This gonna have to be done in the browser or something?

Beyond on the PS3 looks amazing! What can we expect for the PS4 in terms of graphics and gameplay possibilities?

dark_angel69 6 June, 2013 @ 11:32 am   32

Few question about DriveClub.

What kind of team races would the game have? Like would it be race together or does one player do a lap then the next player does a lap and so on?

Can we create something like clan? If yes does it keep a level up system or something for that clan similar to what Call of Duty Elite does and unlocks things as it levels up?

Also can we race for pink slips?

Is the game more like GT but as a team or is it a whole new kind of racing game? Maybe similar to Need for Speed but in the GT way?

@asking for the stream on the Vita

Sorry guys, that’s just for the folks in Japan and America. You need the Nico Nico app to watch the stream and that isn’t available here.

And to complete the service they’ll ignore your questions about this.

Fred Dutton 6 June, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

Calm down Mr Golwar! We’re not ignoring questions. I’ll be able to update you tomorrow on Vita plans.

loki_1987 6 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   34

ok i have a quick question. there is alot of things flying around the internet about pre registering on home and getting some cool freebies for doing quests when it starts. is that u.s. only because i cant find anything on the home.

Nazar_Ops 6 June, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   35

@Golwar, wow what the heck? Are they pulling this US only again? Looks like the conference is downgrading…

@Nazar_Ops
You just have to compare the US blog entry about this topic ( http://bit.ly/19JFWH0 ) with the European one here.
It is identical with the exception about the stream onto the Vita, via Nico Nico.

So they simply cut that part out and ignore the questions about the promised stream.
I planned to watch it on my laptop or tablet anyway, so no loss for me. But that attitude alone is really annoying.

Fred Dutton 6 June, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

Witcher70 6 June, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   37

Will you be showing the whole event or just sony’s ? I would like to watch all of it.

loki_1987 6 June, 2013 @ 12:42 pm   38

is there a contact us button somewhere as i have a couple ofproblems atm

@loki
You might be looking for this: http://bit.ly/RPj9Pa

Ganth90 6 June, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   40

US PS Home is running an E3 pre-register event where they are gonna give out many goodies, anything similiar for us EU users?

monoliet 6 June, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   41

i have holiday so i watch live .

i need to see next tings
1- ps4
2- ps4 price + contenet u get when u buy ( howh many versions )
3- psn change in new name ore new abo tyes ps+ ? + are we abel to pay same mony on al consoles .

then games games games games
-also if next gen al games comes out 100% digital /100%real store
+ u gone foucus more on cortect digita prices i U SHOP
-no more puting not wanted stuf on our consels ( singstarjoke)
ps vita lack of butons also = howh u gone solve ?

monoliet 6 June, 2013 @ 12:54 pm   42

edit=
u gone foucus more on cortect digital prices in U SHOP.

TomW344 6 June, 2013 @ 1:01 pm   43

I hope you guys have planned this one out better than the PS4 Reveal. The stream was consistently unwatchable.

loki_1987 6 June, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   44

i notice no one is awnsering the questions about pre registration is it u.s. exclusive?

loki_1987 6 June, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   45

and thank you golwar i sent an email so hopefully they will reply

Linconan 6 June, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   46

I close my eyes and to picture Playstation as an Entity, is a think of a Seductive Temptress of unbelievable beauty, that teases me with a wave and a smile.
Show me the Future Sony. Take me beyond Playstation.
And let me Play!

Can’t wait till E3!
Can’t wait till Playstation 4

*Throws money at screen*

TheMART 6 June, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   47

So I’ll repost the problem with Loco Roco 2 PSN sale + PS plus discount overhere as every mod already left the PSP sale article yesterday, only comments on page one I guess:

“@Fred or @Jawad

Or any other mod at this blog

Loco Roco 2 for PSP that should be in the PSN sale, is still on its old price at 7.99 Euro

It should be 3.99 and then 20% extra discount for PS+ users coming down to 3.19
It is still not fixed.’

I would like to buy it, please?

TheMART 6 June, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   48

Oh and

“Posted on 6 June, 2013 at 12:29 pm by Fred Dutton
Hey folks, I’ll be along to answer questions shortly. Sorry, swamped in meetings all morning!”

Cut meetings. They’re useless. Managers plan a full hour and this means an hour times X number of people that have to attend. Total amount of hours spend often at least with 5 or 10 people, makes 5 or 10 hours of wages burned.

And even more often: only 10 to 15 mins of that hour planned are used for actually talking about what is important. The rest of that hour is filled with stuff that doesn’t even matter.

Cut the meetings, spend that time on the blog itself. I won’t charge Sony for this pro tip, you’re welcome.

TehPhilosopher 6 June, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   49

- How will you serve your customers better than MS when it comes to used games and always on requirement?. I appears used games will play on XBONE, but require additional payment, and always-on requirement means games won’t work unless you log in to their internet servers every day (?).
- Will we finally see pan-European pricing, release schedules and PSN content as required by EU law? I’m an expat living in the Netherlands, and would like my PSN to be in English.
- Will PS4 games be region locked?
- Any update on PS+ on PS4?
- Are there plans to include PS4 support for Oculus Rift or similar virtual reality glasses?
- Any pre-order bonuses for PS4?

loki_1987 6 June, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   50

fred dutton please could you tell us wether the pre registration is u.s. only and if not where is the e3 room on home

Load all