Posted 11:00am

PSP sale starts today – Killzone, LBP, GoW, MotorStorm, more discounted

PSPSale_FeaturedImage_EN

Many of you asked for a PSP sale and now you shall receive it! Split over a number of weeks, the first wave of deals focus on our own home-grown first party titles, from LittleBigPlanet to God of War. You’ll notice each title costs almost the same as a Subway lunchtime offer – pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The below offers will run from 5th June for two weeks, when another wave of titles will take over. PS Plus members can claim an additional 20% discount on all offers.

LittleBigPlanet

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

ModNation Racers

Resistance: Retribution

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

Patapon 2

LocoRoco 2

Killzone: Liberation PLA

Did you enjoy this?

Related posts

Comments

40 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

Arkeologen 5 June, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   1

What happened with all the comments?

Astroduck777 5 June, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   2

There’s some awesome deals here, especially with PS+. I just hope MGS:PW is in the next batch!

The7sLegend 5 June, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   3

Motorstorm will fit on my GO nicely.

Is there a chance of a PSone sale in the near future?

*cough* Silent Hill *cough* …

Bambeakz 5 June, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   4

yeah, finally something for the Vita in sale to .. Keep it up ;)

Alcochetano 5 June, 2013 @ 5:11 pm   5

The PS+ discount on Killzone Liberation is set at 10% and not 20%. Its a really minor difference but I thought to point it out all the same. Most all other games in the promotion seem to be correctly discounted.

TheMART 5 June, 2013 @ 5:13 pm   6

As Sony keeps dodging good remarks and now even deletes them, repost:

I posted it at both PS3/PSP sales, because as a PSVita (PS3/PSP too) am disappoint.

@Fred or @Jawad

Don’t tell me you’re forgetting about a PSVita sale AGAIN, right?!?!
I mean, EU was left out on a PSVita Xmas sale at first at the end of 2012, where USA for example got LittleBigPlanet Vita for just a mere 18 USD for PS+ members and some other nice games. Then we were promised a PSVita 1 year anniversaire sale, which didn’t include main hitters like LBPV. I’ve been waiting for a decent sale for over a half year now, LBPV got a very, very tiny PS+ discount from 35 Euro to about 31.50 Euro on PSN store. But recently I saw the physical retail copy dropping to 17.99 Euro in my country, so I bought that ofcourse.

Sony listen, I’ve said this before: do you even really care for the shocking low sales the PSVita has? When are you going to support the PSVita including sales like you do for the PS3 and now even for the PSP?!?!

I am DISAPPOINT (in) Sony. Even though you do well for PS3 and future PS4, get in higher gear for PSVita… For the freaking 426913474363982347 time I am shouting this out!!!!

Fred Dutton 5 June, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

We hear you. All I can say at present is that hopefully we’ll be able to bring you some PS Vita savings in the near future.

TheMART 5 June, 2013 @ 5:35 pm   7

Good I’ve been heard.

But nothing is being done. We’re 7 months on since the nice USA Xmas sale and one pretty weak sale was done in EU for PSVita.

PS3 gets constant sales.

But hey. At least a reaction I guess. Thanks

Nightmare966 5 June, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   8

Hi Fred, going by the above comment, you guys should try to do a good one. Try to get titles like AC: Liberation or CoD. You know, popular franchises and choices. Try to grab also a few newer titles (and I don’t mean specifically DOA5+ this time), because some of the PS3 sales we’ve had (Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3) are a bit spoily, if you know what I mean.

I know, I know, these must be negotiated with the publishers and all, but push for it as much as you can, please, or, at least, try to work something out with your own published titles :/

sammy9005 5 June, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   9

as ps1 classics are playable on the psp is there any chance you can add the spyro trilogy metal gear solid ps1 classic and final fantasy 7, 8 and 9

yourlegaldealer 5 June, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   10

Oh man, just Patapon2?

What about Patapon 1 for the old school in us? :)

Bambeakz 5 June, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   11

Locoroco 2 is still €7,99 overhere.

Its says its on discount but from 15-08 2012 till 29-08 2012.

Can you please fix this.? Tnx

TheMART 5 June, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   12

LocoRoco 2
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Its still on 7.99 in Dutch store.

So should be 3.99 and then 20% PS+ discount: 3.19 total.

Fix? I’ll buy that one

Bovrillor 5 June, 2013 @ 6:18 pm   13

For potential buyers:

Motorstorm and Killzone’s multiplayer servers have been taken down.
Littlebigplanet crashes if you so much as look at it. Not kidding.
Socom & Modnation servers are dead.

Not too impressed with this wave of the sale (since I already own the GoW titles)

Hoping for Metal Gear PW, Harvest Moon, The ‘Badman’ games, Patapon 3,

TheMART 5 June, 2013 @ 6:55 pm   14

Yah that is another part I don’t get from Sony, shutting down the MP servers and still sell the game.

I hated it when they shut down Motorstorm 2 servers too while the MP was still popular just because they put out MS3 on the market. But that game wasn’t as fun as MS2 to play.

If the dev wants to shut servers down, Sony should take those over. XBL might be paid, but the servers for games are up way, WAY longer.

Hutchfull 5 June, 2013 @ 7:26 pm   15

Fred/jawad cant find chains of olympus on the vita store and for some reason ‘content unavailable’ on ps3??? Help!

StrLxP 5 June, 2013 @ 8:42 pm   16

Sadly I already already own the digital versions of the games I like from this list. So I hope that there will be some good games in two weeks, like some NIS games.

And I hope there will be some good Vita games out in the future. Over a year has passed since I’ve got my Vita and my main game console is still the Psp, not PsVita (or Ps3, mostly used as Mediaplayer)!

InnerSenses 6 June, 2013 @ 1:28 am   17

Nice sale! I think I’ll definitely be picking up R&C Size Matters and J&D The Lost Frontier :)

I know this may be a lost cause or an outdated topic, but is there any chance of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII appearing on the store as a digital download? I bought my Vita over a PSP thinking I’d be able to download that but then found out it wasn’t there!

Hutchfull 6 June, 2013 @ 10:41 am   18

Fred/Jawad can you look into or tell me who to speak to about the god of war chains of olympus issue. Its listed as part of your sale but its not on the vita store and i cant buy the game through my ps3 or pc. Thanks Guys

s8109csa_hun 6 June, 2013 @ 11:48 am   19

Hi! Why don’t I see all the games in the hungarian store? Please fix it ASAP. Or did I miss something? Again?

LocoRoco 2, LBP and Killzone still haven’t the right prices. Poor store team, must be difficult to do their job correct. Or to react to reports about mistakes in time.

Bambeakz 6 June, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   21

Please fix the Loco roco 2 price ! How difficult can that be ?

Krzysiek2401 6 June, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   22

I’m not sure but it seems to be region/country problem.. Polish SEN has wrong price on LocoRoco 2 too, but GB SEN has discount on this game.
I hope they’ll fix it.

TheMART 6 June, 2013 @ 8:23 pm   23

Probably The Netherlands/Poland aren’t important enough to Sony.

No respond either and I’ve posted this in many articles already even off topic.

I guess they’ll respond just after the sale has ended… Wait

“The below offers will run from 5th June for two weeks, when another wave of titles will take over”

Running for 2 weeks. I mean come on, they gotta fix this within those 14 days. If not… Man, I’ll be [DELETED]. I loved Loco Roco, part 2 and the was it named Carnival one on PSP. It just fits the control setup of the PSP and PSVita too.

aka_Ymer 7 June, 2013 @ 2:18 am   24

Sweden, Norway, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland and Greece all seem to be having the same problem, LocoRoco 2 is not listed as part of the sale nor has it been discounted, and that’s just the countries I bothered to check. There are probably several more. The only thing they all seem to have in common in comparison to countries that actually have discounted the game correctly is that they all append “(ESN)” for whatever reason to LocoRoco 2′s title. I’m guessing this may have caused Sony’s systems to fail to discount it properly.
Sure hope Sony can fix it.

Also, the Greek PSN store website doesn’t seem to have a search function for whatever reason.

chrisboers 7 June, 2013 @ 8:55 am   25

So, Killzone: Liberation PLA has the wrong PS Plus price (10% off instead of 20%)
LBP has the wrong PS Plus price (10% off instead of 20%)
LocoRoco 2 doesn’t have a rebate at all, and the link in this post goes to LocoRoco instead of Locoroco 2…
All this in the Dutch Store.

Will the sale be extended as soon as the above is fixed? Will they get fixed?

SPUD_1231 7 June, 2013 @ 10:14 am   26

LocoRoco isn’t on sale in the Irish store either.

Arnybira 7 June, 2013 @ 11:16 pm   27

It’s realy nice, but it’s too bad that half of these games aren’t available in our store…

TheMART 9 June, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   28

Loco Roco 2, part of the PSP sale, still doesn’t have the 20% extra PS+ discount in PSN store already 5 days after the sale started… So not the 3.19 Euro all the other PSP games are (sale price 3.99 down from 7.99 and 20% discount on the sale price)

Second, Loco Roco’s sale price of 3.99 is said to last till the 12th, according to the PSN description. So while the sale price down from 7.99 was now ‘fixed’ the durance isn’t right…

Yet, the PSP sale is said to last 14 days on the PS blog, so it should last way longer.

When will that fix be done? I got 3.45 Euro or something in my wallet and I want to buy Loco Roco 2 on my PSVita, only possible if you get the sale you promised right…

TheMART 9 June, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   29

And as said before the link to Loco Roco 2 in this article is directed wrong too, it links to Loco Roco 1

Sigh SIGH, and I’ve mentioned this now on this site in many articles and topics like one thousand times. Many mods have read it, heck Fred even deleted a post about this from me in the weekend debate article.

But yet NO ONE takes the time to fix it, soon we’re a week on with the next update and it seems it won’t even be fixed by then.

Will this freaking be fixed within the two weeks that this sale officially should be running?

WELL? Any answer on that guys? Man, this strange behavior is the only thing that would make me switch from PSN to XBL again. Stuff at least gets fixed pretty fast when pricing etc is wrong…

TheMART 10 June, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   30

And today, finally FINALLY the pricing for Loco Roco 2 is fixed and its 3.19 Euro for PS+ users

Another error did pop up though: LBP for PSP with PS+ discount displays at 3.59 Euro. Which is wrong as the saleprice is 3.99 and 20% discount should be 3.19 too…

Then again I just bought LBP Vita, so won’t buy that one, still for those that want it should be fixed

gilbinarao3 16 June, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   31

Why is the God Of War Chains of Olympus not in the PS store? I accessed it thru my PS Vita and was surprised to only find Ghost of Sparta. Before, it was always there. Let us know the reason why it was removed from the list of compatible games with the PS Vita console.

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   32

could someone fix the price for the tekken 6 psp sale was 7.99 still is 7.99

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   33

also for a week now there has been issues seeing the complete offers under ps+ on the psvita store. currently it stops at WWII:battle over the pacific. therefore displaying only 25 of the 38 psp sale items with the rest showing as blank unclickable items this seems to happen regularly with offers on psvita and a lot of people without other access to the store, ps3/pc will not notice miss out can you correct this asap.i would have expected updates and changes to market on vita/pc/ps3 to be tested externally on these devices for quality

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   34

there are 19 blank entries so i think that would include psp/vita items from the sports sales not showing as well

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   35

12 blank entries under the psvita sale entry on the psvita store

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   36

sorry post 33 i meant items under now on psvita entry, is there no way to edit posts.

supersmith2500 21 June, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   37

Just looked at the new set and to be honest. Few of the games are already discounted from the Spring sale, fair enough if some people missed the chance to get the offer but please try to avoid discounting the same games and even shovelware games.

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   38

tekken price fixed kool, wondering since you have other double packs in the sale shouldnt you include the tekken/soul calibur double pack as both items are individually in the sale, you know like the disney double packs.still not fixed blank entries with missing offers on the psvita store under now on psvita-19 entries and psvita sale 12 entries.

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 5:45 pm   39

sports sale international snooker ps3 and psvita no ps+ discount
everybodys golf psvita no ps+ discount

valex2u 21 June, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   40

also missing ps+ discount pool nation ps3. really do need a report error tag on the ps store items.