Posted 7 June

PlayStation Plus: More new games coming your way!

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! It’s been a topic on many of your minds for some time, so I am happy to finally announce the new titles replacing LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse that have been part of the PlayStation Plus service since the introduction of the Instant Game Collection a year ago.

First up, replacing LittleBigPlanet 2, our very own Nathan Drake makes his debut in PS Plus in the simply epic Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (Single Player).

Join Drake on his third as he stumbles into a centuries-old conspiracy that puts him back on the trail of his infamous ancestor, renowned explorer and privateer Sir Francis Drake. But his search for a lost 16th-century treasure leads him to an even greater discovery – an ancient secret that ensnares him in a web of deceit, pitting him against a shadowy clandestine organisation and the occult treachery of its cunning and ruthless leader.

Next up, replacing inFamous 2… LittleBigPlanet Karting!

Join Sackboy and Sackgirl on the starting grid for a kart racing adventure like no other. Fire up your engines, jump behind the steering wheel and take on your friends and foes in breathtakingly unpredictable battles through an ever-changing world of content.

And last but certainly not least, replacing Motorstorm Apocalypse, we are very happy to announce that we have teamed up with our friends at 2K to deliver XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the next 12 months!

XCOMEnemyUnknown_FeaturedImage_PVWIMG[1]

From the award winning creators of Civilization, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is an action-strategy game about humanity’s last stand.

Threatened by an unknown enemy, the Earth’s governments unite to form an elite paramilitary organization, known as XCOM, to combat this extra-terrestrial attack. As the commander of XCOM, you control the global defence team in a battle against a terrifying alien invasion by creating a fully operational base, researching alien technologies, planning combat missions, and controlling soldier movement in battle.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in June:
12th June: LittleBigPlanet 2
12th June: inFamous 2
12th June: Motorstorm Apocalypse

Entering PS Plus in June:
12th June: Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception (Single Player)
12th June: LittleBigPlanet Karting
12th June: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

288 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

zalwelgoedgaan 7 June, 2013 @ 4:01 pm   1

Xcom? Didn’t see that one coming.

VirusPT 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   2

XCom! Yes!
When will we know which games are coming next month?

Domatron0602 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   3

jebus these are AWFUL :(

Silent_Gig 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   4

Xcom – heck yes! Ive heard alot of great things about this game and i LOVE strategy games. Looking forward to trying this one out!

kashif_786 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   5

Awesome. I already have Uncharted 3 but the other two especially XCOM are welcomed surprises.

Bahamut_MW 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   6

@Chris
Nice games ;) looking forward to play XCOM =)
Any chance we can get new game trials too?
Thanks

Calciumee 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   7

Sweet!

jaspertandy 7 June, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   8

That is a damn fine lineup. Nearly bought XCOM on PC the other day.

Those are excellent replacements though I own UC3 and so only XCOM is main draw for me.

Gartleon 7 June, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   10

I have Uncharted 3 however I don’t have the other in which I almost bought both of them so this is fantastic. Still playing Kingdoms of Amalur so many games to complete!

JoshHood 7 June, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   11

I’m sure everyone under the sun has Uncharted 3, but very happy about those other two! :D

larger0o 7 June, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   12

Uncharted 3 won’t come with Multiplayer?

Kirin1984 7 June, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   13

When in June are the games being replaced?

Domatron0602 7 June, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   14

the three replacement titles are not upto the quality of the 3 they’re replacing…a joke, just a joke.

Hilster 7 June, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   15

Do we need to my Uncharted’s Multiplayer separately? If so how much is it?

laticspieman 7 June, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   16

Well xcom is the only game I don’t own and I’m willing to give it a go but am not really interested. Still a good choice of games for people who don’t own them, so well done Chris!

irish-sid 7 June, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   17

Exciting. Looking very much forward to uncharted and LBP karting. I’ll give Xcom a go, but not sure it’s my thing. But thanks!!

And for clarification purposes, is this on top of whatever will come next month, or is this next months content?

thomaas23 7 June, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   18

I guess that every ps3 owner have uncharted games, but XCOM – cool :)
When we can expect VITA update?

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   19

Xcom is great and I’m glad i never got round to finishing it as ill do it with this.
Glad i held off lbp karting as i expected it in igc.

Disappointed that uncharted is only single player as the free mp has a level cap so like starhawk when we got that this is not the full game but starhawk was an extra this is not.

Anyway 2 outta 3 ain’t bad :)

Ornigon 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   20

Also allready have Uncharted but then again i allready had Infamous 2 and Little Big Planet last time so thats fine. Im very happy with Xcom! Nice work guys. Looking forward to 12 June

kivi95 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   21

An okey list but I will never download Uncharted 3.WAY to big and most will kilely no be able to download it. Other then that it’s nice to finally get to play LBP karting! Will try Xcom aswell even if it’ a weird chice of a game to have for 12months.

moha-os 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   22

the HYPE was too high .. i’m kinda disappointed ….

cysymwe 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   23

Thank you for another great titles in IGC.

Cube1701 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   24

I was certain that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was going to be one of them. Especially after not being included in the fighting games sale last month. I was looking forward to this.

As for these, I own Uncharted 3, LBP Karting doesn’t interest me and I got XCOM free on PC and it’s not worth the time to play it. Rather disappointing.

Can we expect PASBR in the coming months at all?

iESCUDO 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   25

Even tho i already have Uncharted 3, LBP sounds great. As for the other i’ve never paid much attention to it but i’m sure it’s good.

Thank you. =)

broyds 7 June, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   26

Absolutely gutted! Couldn’t wait to find out what the new games were going to be. I’ve already got Uncharted 3, its fantastic. I hate little big planet with a vengeance and not too sure on Xcom. Oh well just have to wait till next months games.

Voodoo341 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   27

Nothing there to reignite my interest in PS+. Everyone has Uncharted 3, LBP Karting is terrible and already played Xcom. More evidence PS+ is just a bargain bucket for old and sub par games. Should concentrate more on the discounts.

irish-sid 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   28

@12 and @15, Uncharteds multiplayer is free on the store anyway.

chrisboers 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   29

Epic games for those that are just starting on Playstation, even this late in the game. For old-timers, Uncharted 3 is probably a given, as most will have that.
I am actually right now playing XCom myself, and it’s a great re-imagination of the original. I really love it.

For me, the only new game is LBP Karting, but that one is very welcome, and I’m thoroughly going to enjoy that one :-)

thegreatnolive 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   30

you will be also changing games for vita ,right?

Alphaembryo 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   31

Very good indeed! 3 more new games for me!

artopand 7 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   32

PS Plus is the best thing that happened to PS3 and Vita! If this carries over to PS4 count me in. Quick question: OPM is offering 30 days of PS Plus with today’s issue. Will this stack up to my current subscription if I’ve already had the trial that came with my PS3 or not???

necronom 7 June, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   33

I’ve already got U3 (hasn’t everyone?), but LBP should be okay, and I’m REALLY happy about XCOM. UFO: Enemu Unknown is one of my favourite Amiga games, and I’m been meaning to get this one since release (too many free games from PS+ to play!), and I was half expecting this to be a PS+ game. Excellent :-)

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   34

To post asking when this content goes live, read the blog post before asking as the date is right there.

They change on the 12 june

Silent_Gig 7 June, 2013 @ 4:08 pm   35

I feel like replacing a LBP game for another variation of a LBP isnt exactly diversety.

DestructorSVK 7 June, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   36

Wow! Finally something for me :) So in Uncharted 3 will be not multiplayer, right ?

Lil_UAE 7 June, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   37

How about for PSVITA? Is it possible if you change Uncharted Golden Abyss & Gravity Rush?

Thanks!!!!

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   38

@34

Lbp karting is hardly the same as lbp2 so other than the franchise the games are completely different.

ryannumber3gamer 7 June, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   39

Got to admit I’m disapointed. As a big PS fan I already got LBP Karting and Uncharted 3. I even got both the regular and game of the year edition of Uncharted 3 and honestly I’m not really interested in Xcom but I might give it a try. Great games for people who have not tried them yet.

socialjeebus 7 June, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   40

XCOM, sweet – nearly bought it last week. Thank God I didn’t.

ste_the_legend 7 June, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   41

I’m happy with that selection. I already have Uncharted 3 but not the other two. X-Com will be good to play.

There’s always going to be some people who already own certain games but on the whole I’m delighted with the instant games collection recently.

vonhammer 7 June, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   42

Brother will be pleased. He loaned (Imagine trying that in a few years time :( ) my Xcom but his disk drive died. He’ll be chuffed, and I’ll will own him online.
Younger brother will no doubt like karting and I’ll download it for the editor.

dogwalker4000 7 June, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   43

Big thank you! Don’t have any of these (though I did play the brother-in-laws U3) and look forward to next week ^^

Special thanks to 2k Games for XCOM, had my eyes on it for a long time and the demo is very good indeed.

PHEEliNUX 7 June, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   44

Honestly, That is somewhat disappointing, I liked inFamous 2 and LBP2(Even though it is a party game, Somewhat) but hated Motorstorm
But now…
Not even remotely interested in Uncharted 3, Don’t know about LBPKarting(I can just play Blur or Crash Team Racing instead), Maybe XCom, But i don’t know anything about it, Would like some information about it

MightyFlea 7 June, 2013 @ 4:13 pm   45

@35 Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is free on the store anyway…

jp08_pires 7 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   46

Uncharted 3 multiplayer is free-to-play , so you can download only if you want

dark_angel69 7 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   47

Awwwwww :( Nothing really exciting here. Got bored of LittleBigPlanet quite fast so I don’t see myself enjoying LittleBigPlanet Karting. Looking at the pictures of XCOM: Enemy Unknown from the store and it doesn’t look interesting. Will need to check out some videos to see if it’s worth playing but doesn’t look like my kind of thing. And already have Uncharted 3 which I would say most people here already do cos it’s an amazing story. Had a feeling Uncharted 3 would be in it.

Will be playing The Last of Us and wait to see what we get next month. Hope it’s a good one.

Any idea when we could be expecting new games for the Vita?

Golwar 7 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   48

Thanks @Chris.
I remember when I asked for XCOM some few weeks ago and you answered that you might have plans for that one. Heh, didn’t expect to see it as a yearly title. Nice!

Uncharted 3 and LBP Karting were pretty much 2 out the 4 hottest candidates. So no surprises there.

And now please a Persona 4 Golden sale with a Plus price of <20€. Then I'll consider naming my next kid Chris. ;)

Thane64 7 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   49

Uncharted – own
Little Big Planet Karting – not really into racing games but ill give it a go
Xcom – own

I’m a bit disappointed really, I was hoping for something more recent like the latest GoW or Sly Cooper. I think I’m mostly disappointed with Uncharted as everyone and their mum has that game and for those who don’t, they only get the single player meaning that have to pay for the full MP still :/

mman1235 7 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   50

wow another over the top month :)
you’ve done it Sony.

you’ve have fulfilled all my requests for PS+ games with XCOM being the last one :)

even though I already got U3 and XCOM (got a few month ago, though I am not mad about getting it on plus this late)

I still feel very happy for everyone who haven’t played them, as they are outstanding games!

P.S. Demon’s Souls is literally one of my favorite games of all time now!!
thanks to you :)