Posted 7 June

PlayStation Store PAL charts, May 2013

PS-Store

I’m in the 27th circle of pre-E3 prep hell today, so you’ll forgive me for rattling through this month’s charts at double-quick speed! Lots of movers and shakers this month – see below for the full skinny!

Full PS3 game downloads:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (8)
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (RE)
  3. GTA IV: The Complete Edition (RE)
  4. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (New)
  5. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (RE)
  6. Demon’s Souls (RE)
  7. GTA Episodes from Liberty City (RE)
  8. FIFA Street (RE)
  9. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD (RE)
  10. Dead Island Riptide (New)

PSN games:

1. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (New)
  2. Terraria (New)
  3. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (New)
  4. The Unfinished Swan (RE)
  5. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (New)
  6. Journey (2)
  7. Trine 2 (RE)
  8. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (7)
  9. Jetpack Joyride (RE)
  10. GTA IV Episodes Bundle (RE)

PS Vita games:

1. Soul Sacrifice (5)
  2. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (New)
  3. Machinarium (New)
  4. Farming Simulator (New)
  5. Guacamelee! (1)
  6. Nun Attack (New)
  7. Men’s Room Mayhem (New)
  8. Draw Slasher (9)
  9. Urban Trial Freestyle (2)
  10. Jetpack Joyride (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1)
  2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (9)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (2)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (3)
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (4)
  6. CTR: Crash Team Racing (5)
  7. MediEvil (RE)
  8. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (6)
  9. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (RE)
  10. Final Fantasy VII (7)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

38 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first
iFrozen-BR 7 June, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   1

Good morning!
I wonder about the game The Last Guardian which was announced at E3 2009, I wonder if the game is canceled or if it is still being produced …
Thank you!

scott_meghan 7 June, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   2

Tell us the 3 yearly titles early? I want to go to bed :(

BlinkCoLT 7 June, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   3

Where is Chris? :) How long should we wait for plus update? Yearly titles were put in plus on the 06/06/2012. Please just answer me so I stop refreshing the page.

vonhammer 7 June, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   4

Fred,…the heat…is…taking my senses,….away from me….Must have….the last of us,…digital,…details….for all….mankind’s sake,put us….out….of our…………misery..

MASPALOMAZ 7 June, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   5

SONY S C A M with Last Of Us … I need to say it one last time….

In UK Last of us PSN is 40GBP that equals 47€ , usually such a game would be available for 49€ for rest of europe. But this time you ask 60€ so rest of europe pays > 20% more than uk for the exact same download in PSN. Please fix this today. Ty.

PHEEliNUX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   6

Why is…. NNK there?
And not P4G and P3P?
And what are those stuff in Parentheses mean?

I3loodthirsty 7 June, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   7

how do we know the 3 yearly titles being replaced will be revealed at 4pm ?

Fred Dutton 7 June, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

You need to get on Twitter! We post the odd tease here and there via @PlayStationEU.

link1983 7 June, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   8

@PHEELiNUX ‘Why is NNK… there?’ 2 reasons, It was put in the recent Wizards sale. 2. It is one of the best games released this generation.

Parentheses; Number denotes previous position in the chart. RE = Re-entry. New= New entry.

PHEEliNUX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   9

@link1983 it is opinions, I tried the demo and it was horrible, And there are many good games as well, People just don’t look for them
And thanks for the parentheses explanation

PHEEliNUX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   10

And adding to the last post, Persona 4 Golden is also one of the best games, So is Persona 3 Portable, Why aren’t they there?

Nightmare966 7 June, 2013 @ 2:19 pm   11

No Fred, no. That title’s wrong, you should have called this PlayStation Store PAL charts, Sales Edition!

On the serious note, glad to see Soul Sacrifice at number one spot for Vita, not like it was a surprise though :P

I knew Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon would be in the top 10, but I wasn’t expecting the game to be number 1, so congrats Ubisoft.

vonhammer 7 June, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   12

@ MASPALOMAZ
“In UK Last of us PSN is 40GB”

wait it’s on the store now?

Just checked the online store £39.99,YEEESSSSS. It didn’t show yesterday,bless you my child.

Well at least I got to write like Kirk for a bit :)

iFrozen-BR 7 June, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   13

Fred Dutton, please answer my question?

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   14

Unexpected surprise at 4pm.

Only game i bought on the list was tony hawk and was totally surprised by it having a plat as it was only 250 gamer score on xbla so usually we don’t get plat on them, but I was happy to add thps hd as my 30 th platinum :)

Stonesthrow 7 June, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   15

I am both stunned and amazed to see GTAIV on number one. How are there gamers out there that still don’t own this :s
The ps Plus offers really water down these lists, Plus sales and downloads should go seperate so we can see which ones did good without getting them for free or on discount via plus.

Fred Dutton 7 June, 2013 @ 2:35 pm

Plus downloads are not included on these charts – these are all purchased items.

supersmith2500 7 June, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   16

For a 2008 game I’m very surprised GTAIV topped the PS3 EU charts this time along with it’s PS2 games in the Classics. Since GTAV is coming this year. We never know that GTAIV might even hit our Plus IGC this year to coincide the release. Could be real likely.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   17

This has been a brilliant month, thankyou SCEE! I’ve picked up LOK:BLood Omen for my Vita, Machinarium Vita, Wild Arms for my Vita and I stil have £9 left which I might save for a PS1 sale or spend it now on Crash Bandicoot & Silent Hill for my Vita because I love them both and would love to play them on holiday this year.

Once again, thanks for a great month! The weather has been beautiful today, I have some brilliant classics for my Vita and E3 is very soon.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:37 pm   18

No better way to enjoy the great weather with a bike ride, in my opinion! I just got home from one.

PHEEliNUX 7 June, 2013 @ 2:37 pm   19

I’m probably the only one who doesn’t like Rockstar games that much, In the US blog top sellers, The top 4 PS2 classics are all Rockstar, Persona 3 FES being the 5th

vonhammer 7 June, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   20

@Fred
It’s ok, just I’m away this week and I know I’ll blow the cash if I don’t get it on the store.

Like I said in the Driveclub topic, been on a media blackout since last E3, and felt like kid again because I don’t get burnt out see the marketing and the hammering of game news. But seeing Yosp retweeting scores sent me loopy.

Also big shout out for Sony, again your doing the correct thing regarding pricing. Deep down I knew it would be 40 quid, but you can never be sure. It really turns me off digital when certain companies stick a £60 price tag on a yearly franchise.

godheit 7 June, 2013 @ 2:40 pm   21

@MASPALOMAZ
I think you didn’t get an answer. :(
But I would really like to know, why there is such a difference in TLoU pricing?

iFrozen-BR 7 June, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   22

Fred Dutton I’m sorry, I’m new on blog, but what topic I answered?

Fred Dutton 7 June, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

No worries! If you could keep your comments relevant to the topic being discussed in the Blog post that would be great – in this case PSN Store sales and charts. If you have a more general question, I do a Recap post every sunday where I’m happy to answer, or you can Tweet us at @PlayStationEU. We have this rule out of respect for our contributors – it’s frustrating for them if they give up their time to write a post only to find people de-railing the conversation below with other topics.

zantam 7 June, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   23

Hey, are both Vita and PS3 yearly Plus games getting updated or just the PS3?

DoYouLikeMyID 7 June, 2013 @ 2:55 pm   24

@zantam (24)

I would assume it’s just the 3 PS3 titles considering none of the Vita titles have been there for a year yet.

MASPALOMAZ 7 June, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   25

@gottheit yeah i dont know whats wrong with them , why Sony needs to upset fans and break EU laws, its ridiculous the EXACT SAME DOWNLOAD of The Last of us is +20% more expensive in rest of europe compared to UK. We want the good prize too ! Especially because its only a 15 hour “interactive novel”-game with probably a very bad multiplayer like Tomb Raider and all the other “campaign-games” ( i know they ALWAYS promise the best multiplayer ever, blabla ;) ).

dark_angel69 7 June, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   26

Wha wha wha what??!?! Someone slap me in the face here cos I think I’m dreaming. Did Fred just say we are getting the new 3 games for ps+ announced today???????

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   27

Hayzink slaps dark_angel

Nope your awake :D

MASPALOMAZ 7 June, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   28

That LBP kart racing is probably one of the new yearly plus titles? Is it announced in like ~ 48 minutes from now? Not sure about the timezones.

dark_angel69 7 June, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   29

Thanks hayzink. Good slap! Got red cheeks now. That was unexpected news. Thought we wouldn’t know about it until E3

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   30

I thought it would be e3 also, apple style show and say its available on the store right now.

I think they change on wed but its good to know in advance.

belmont_gr 7 June, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   31

Wait is it true that the Last of us is 40 pounds? If the case is so it should be something like 47-48 euros not 60. If this is the case please sort this out.

belmont_gr 7 June, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   32

hayzink 7 June, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   33

Btw guys morrisons are selling the new god of war for £20 in store.
The also have dual shock 3 for £35 which is one of the lowest prices i have seen.

Just a heads up if anyone’s on the lookout for either

Carl-G 7 June, 2013 @ 3:41 pm   34

I thought ‘Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon’ was BRILLIANT! ! ! :P :P :P
Really hope they do a FC3:BD2 for the PS4 maybe in the 1980/90′s :D Future :P

Airiaen 7 June, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   35

Cool to see Medievil and Soul Reaver in the charts :p

ten-bucks 7 June, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   36

new plus games xcom enemy unknown lbp karting uncharted 3 single player

Stonesthrow 7 June, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   37

@Fred (16RE) So Demon’s souls and the ICO/SOTC collection sold that well eventhough they’re available on Plus now? I figured those were Plus downloads.
But it would be nice to see the games that were on sale seperately, or indicate that they were somehow. I remember Ni no kuni, GTAIV and Unfinished swan all being on sale lately, so that definitely influences the list.

Stonesthrow 7 June, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   38

On a side note, I really need to get Soul sacrifice. Been hearing nothing but good things bout it.

Fred Dutton 7 June, 2013 @ 2:21 pm