Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation Plus: Your July update

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! It’s time to update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in July.

As usual, there are three new PS3 games and two PS Vita titles to enjoy, as well as great titles such as Demon’s Souls and ICO and Shadow of the Colossus that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 games:
I am very excited to announce that next month’s hero title will be the exceptional Battlefield 3, arriving on the service on 3rd July.

Built by the extremely talented team at DICE studios, Battlefield 3 is an FPS masterpiece from start to finish, taking full advantage of the Frostbite 2 game engine to deliver a superior visual experience.

battlefield3

Moving on to your next PS3 offering…. I know that a lot of you have been waiting a while for this one, so I am happy to announce that we will be bringing Payday: The Heist to the service!

This action packed shooter will take you on a spectacular crime spree. You’ll blast your way through a downtown bank vault robbery, manage hostages in an armoured car hijacking, and even engage in a midnight infiltration of a top-secret, high-security facility. Payday: The Heist challenges you with dynamic environments and adaptive enemy tactics, which means no scenario, will ever play out the same way twice.

payday

And if you can’t get enough Payday action make sure you visit the PlayStation Store for a huge saving on the Wolfpack DLC!

Your final offering for this month is Saints Row: The Third. Assume leadership of the Third Street Saints and rampage through the fictional city of Steelport in this outrageous open-world action epic where absolutely anything goes.

saints-row-the-third-e3-2011

New PS Vita content
First up for PS Vita on 3rd July is Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. For centuries, the Dragon Ninjas have protected the world and kept safe the most powerful weapons. But now, a powerful evil arises who will test the might of the ninjas. Take Dragon Sword in hand as the young Ryu Hayabusa, and journey to the farthest reaches of the world to cut down the malevolent Fiends!

Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-PSVita-Screenshots-031

And last but certainly not least, we are very happy to announce that from 3rd July you’ll also be able to download the action packed Unit 13. Conquer 45 tactical missions as you help take down global terror networks and prove your place in the military elite.

unit13

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive additional PS Plus discounts. We will update you on these offers in the weekly Store posts.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in July:

• 3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
  • 3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
  • 3rd July: The Cave
  • 3rd July: Rayman Origins
  • 3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:

• 3rd July: Battlefield 3
  • 3rd July: Payday: The Heist
  • 3rd July: Saints Row the Third
  • 3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • 3rd July: Unit 13

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site  to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99/€49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

356 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisboers 19 June, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

Battlefield 3?? Didn’t see THAT one coming! :-) Excellent update!

Shadowmancer88 19 June, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   2

Nice update.

Ants_Pai 19 June, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   3

O.O How can I continue to be part of PS+ without feeling guilty!?! Ninja Gaiden?! Battlefield?! Saints Row 3? Seriously guys, this is too much :’) Thank you!!!

Bahamut_MW 19 June, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   4

@Chris
Any chance we could get some new game time trials too?
Thanks

DKShadow 19 June, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   5

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus being the only game on this list that I don’t already own there isn’t much for me here, but overall this is another great month of PS+ offerings for sure. Keep it up!

Tagged_Deaf 19 June, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   6

Battlefield 3? Bring it on!

Already owned Saint Row 3 and it was quite crazy game!

I’d prefer Assassin Creed 3 over Payday Heist but hey, shall give it a try.

Nice choices for July

turbogeek421 19 June, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   7

Excellent post-E3 PS+ update! Saints Row the Third is awesome! Unit 13 is pretty good. Not played the rest though.

planeet32 19 June, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   8

So it looks like PS plus for PS3 and Vita is now alligned. Great offering for Vita! I already have NGSP, but still need to play it (There are so many games to play for the Vita). Was looking forward to Unit 13, and here it is in PS Plus. Great job!

Superb update even though I own most of them already.

Keep up the good work

awesome!

Nightmare966 19 June, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   11

Awesome July update Chris. Thanks for bringing Sigma + to my Vita and Saints Row: The Third. Was looking forward to them :)

I’ve got a question though. My sub is running out on September’s first week: Do you guys plan to have a sale soon on them? Or maybe I’m asking a bit ahead of time? :P

Amazing update as usual, keep the good work up, I am very happy you do not add psp titles instead of real vita titles as the americans does sometimes, I hope you never will either!

Captain9Fingers 19 June, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   13

OMG amazing just amaxing

Radioactivist 19 June, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   14

How about Germany? Will all games be available here, too?

XDerKleineX 19 June, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   15

Amazing update! I’ve been kind of interested (but not sure about) Ninja Gaiden Sigma + and Unit 13 was always something I wanted to buy, but never got around to it, so this is fantastic!

sheehy83 19 June, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   16

Absolutely brilliant, take a bow Sony!!!! 3 games I really wanted to play (BF3, SR3 and Payday)

RPG heavy June, Shooters only in July. What’s the theme for August? All about racing? ;)

KingKjellboy 19 June, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   18

Another busy month ahead. :)

Masonish 19 June, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   19

Amazing update, though too many shooter games in one month for the PS3..

Lucreto 19 June, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   20

A very good update.

Is there any plans on a sale for PS+ subscription?

A reduced price or 18 months for the price of 12?

AMAZING Stuff:P + Just think if you buy a PS4 to soon you will get stuff for free for that console to for just 1 PS Plus price:P KEEP IT UP SONY;)

toxic-inferno 19 June, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   22

Darn it! Stop giving me free games PS Plus! My hard drive is already full, and has been for over a year!!

Only joking! Keep it up!!

whedonfan 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   23

Another great update – but just a question, as far as i can tell Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is not available from the New Zealand psn store – is that game going to be accessible in NZ?

Cube1701 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   24

My prediction for next month is DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Little King’s Story (Vita),When Vikings Attack (Vita) and one more PS3 game.

Silent_Gig 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   25

Im not a shooter guy but i might be convinced to play battlefield 3!
Not my faveourite line-up but as always im greatful for these quality titles.

aryan_1_mann 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   26

@Chris Any chance of Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart coming to Europe ?

szczudel 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   27

I admit it is a great update, but as for me – last update, IGC update and this update have nothing to offer in PS3 matter.

Great months for vita though :)

woodypride 19 June, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   28

Three PS3 games, three pictures of guys shooting at someone else…

Where are the sport games ? racing games (not mario kart like) ? puzzle games ?
Why not some indie games more original ?

Four shooters in the same update? Sorry but that’s just not for me…

DestructorSVK 19 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   30

Wow, this is awesome. One of the best months EVER, thanks SCEE!

Samabyte 19 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   31

PS3… Action Shooter. Action Shooter. Action Shooter. I know these are popular games, but really? There are some of us who happen to not like shooters… Very disappointing month.

And it isn’t much better on Vita. Can we at least make sure there is one game that isn’t focussed on violent fighting each month? Great games like New Little Kings Story etc. would be cool.

And also, you said Uncharted/Gravity Rush were supposed to be changing in June – will we hear about this soon? :)

Nemeth050506 19 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   32

Wow! Just wow!
I already own BF3, but it is still a very good month for both platforms. I think it could be the second best month for Vita (the Nov12 with Uncharted and Gravity Rush was the best).

Wonderful update! Didn’t see Battlefield coming :-D. Any chance for the Lego title next month or so?

MIhigh01 19 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   34

Never commented on one of these before, even though I read it most weeks, but I just have to thank Sony for the best Plus offering ever! (In my opinion) Thank you guys so much, and keep up the good work!

vonhammer 19 June, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   35

I cant handle all the games, and this is no joke. It’s insane what you guys are doing with +.

5 amazing games, but I own already 3 of them.
Any chance that we can expect Spec Ops: The Line next month? ;) @chris

Fred Dutton 19 June, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

Hey everyone. Just a heads-up – Chris is taking a well-deserved holiday this week, so I’m afraid he won’t be able to answer questions. If I see anything I’m able to answer, I’ll jump in…

WeAreWicked 19 June, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   37

This is really a fantastic update,thnx guys!

Oh and I’ll use the chance to request a (good) Persona 4 Golden sale once more Chris. You know you can do it! ;)

luckysalt81 19 June, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   39

That Russian website that leaked the games were right then.

They only said 4 games per month, didn’t get the 5th but were right with all four, only one they didn’t say was Saints Row 3

Aug is PS3 – DmC and Spec Ops
Vita – Little Kings Story and When Vikings Attack then!

Gildas_B 19 June, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   40

Salivating already.

Gildas_B 19 June, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   41

Salivating already

zalwelgoedgaan 19 June, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   42

Kyaaaaaaaaa DmC soon!

icecrasher_zero 19 June, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   43

Is this Battlefield 3 Premium Edition?

killah_fury 19 June, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   44

Awesome – Great update!

CerberusSco 19 June, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   45

That’s a fantastic update!

ownjoouk 19 June, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   46

My only critisism of PS plus is my hard drive is full!!

PS Plus is the gift that just keeps giving!!

dark_angel69 19 June, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   47

Those are some great games here. Battlefield 3 and Payday the Heist are the two best games here but just like Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 is a big game and I’m sure most people already have it so try put in games most people DON’T have. It’s kind of like throwing in a CoD when you know most people already have/played it.

Already have both them games so nothing there for me and not a fan of Saints Row so will pass on that. But might get round to the Vita games as it’s not a complete loss. Unit 13 looks interesting so thanks for that one.

Miro33no 19 June, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   48

Even tough I am not a big fan of FPSs and would like to see more RPGs/Adventures, I am totally happy to see them here. We had more then enough RPGs in last few months and it was about the time for the other people to have their share :) We cant be too greedy right ? :)
(and NGS+ still made me pretty excited :D)

DarkArchoNx66 19 June, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   49

I thought there wasn’t gonna be an update because of the recent yearly update. I wanna be happy (since you keep crossing games of my list), but this is madness. I hardly have enough time as it is.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 19 June, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   50

More for the backlog. To give an idea of how far behind I am: still need to play Saints Row 2 from last year… and many more.

Amazing update as always. :D