Posted 1:41pm

PS Vita Mega Pack – 10 games and an 8GB Memory Card for €39.99

untitled

There’s a whole world of gaming to experience on PS Vita, so where do you start? Well, we have good news for you – we’re releasing the Mega Pack – 10 great games packaged on an 8GB memory card.

Available on 21st June, priced at €39.99 (RRP) it’s a great value way to download and enjoy a selection of 10 games straight away – and better yet, pick up an 8GB memory card for you to store them all on.

Get your game collection off to a flying start with top-rated titles including WipEout 2048, LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita, MotorStorm RC and loads more besides. All you need to do is get your PS Vita online, sign in to Sony Entertainment Network and head to PlayStation Store where you can begin downloading your 10 games.

The following titles are included:

1. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
  2. WipeOut 2048
  3. MotorStorm RC
  4. Little Deviants
  5. Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
  6. Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
  7. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
  8. Lemmings
  9. Hungry Giraffe
  10. The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

ENG_PSV_WifiMegaPack_8gbMCrd_3D

The Mega Pack will also be available in some territories as part of a new Wi-Fi PS Vita hardware bundle, priced at €249.99 (RRP). Release dates for this pack vary slightly across Europe:

• Out now: France, Spain, Portugal, Israel
  • 26th June: Austria, Switzerland, Germany
  • 28th June: UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

98 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Roxas598 19 June, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   1

A psp game?

seriously? lol

planeet32 19 June, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   2

A nice collection there. Fills up the 8GB nicely! Mostly targeted at children I guess. But still a good deal! Though I would suggest to do this as well with a 32GB memory card, with a few other games.

Awesome value, a great starter pack for those buying a Vita in the coming months to use for remote play with the PS4. As I already have a 8GB memory card I won’t be buying this as it would feel like a waste but good for others

Arkeologen 19 June, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   4

Great idea.
Any chance of lowering the prices of existing memory cards and adding bigger cards as well?

You really need to release bigger memory cards, 64 & 128 gb, maybe even 256.
If you see a digital future for the Vita it’s the only way forward.

mulletboyjay 19 June, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   5

A price reduction for all cards would be better…

Why not in Italy? é_è

Why it is not released in Italy? é_è

UK price?

Fred Dutton 19 June, 2013 @ 2:20 pm

UK RRP is £34.99 for the card and £219.99 for the hardware bundle.

Will this console bundle be released in Australia and if so, when and how much? Cheers :-)

So these games are already installed on the card and once you start playing these games they go onto your download list? or are they lost forever once deleted?

hayzink 19 June, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   11

I have most of these if i did not i would buy it in a shot as its a great deal.

The American post says more packs are coming further down the line will this also be happening with us?

Oh ok sorry just read the last bit they appear on your download list once you sign in .Cool

hayzink 19 June, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   13

@stu123

You get a redemption code so all titles will be in your psn account download list.

By the time you download the patches for lbp i don’t think they would all fit at the same time.

This isnt bad idea at all. Lots of family games it seems. Nice way to try to get some more Vita sold!

But that being said, would still love to see some cheaper memory cards, and possibly some cards with more memory on them.

cowbanana 19 June, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   15

Please tell me that it’s Bertie in accounting who did the cover art for this, please for the love of [insert deity] don’t tell me that anyone who considers him/herself a graphics professional had ANYTHING to do with this atrocity. My eyes… they bleed. My aesthetic sense will take days to recover :(

As for the bundle. Is SCEE completely clueless when it comes to the Vita? Everything surrounding this system screams incompetence.

Want to sell the system? Create awesome, system selling games that people actually want. (Killzone and Tearaway seem to be a step in the right direction, but man are they late in the day and what happens after they release and indeed until then?)

jaspertandy 19 June, 2013 @ 2:19 pm   16

The problem with this is the user experience for memory card switching is absolutely terrible. Buying a filled one is a recipe for frustration and rearranging your icons.

supersmith2500 19 June, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   17

Forbisher Says and Ecolibrium is a waste. They are just Free to Play titles but with DLC. And an 8GB card will fill up with all these games anyways but still. A price cut and a new colour for Vita would be nice.

SwingerE11 19 June, 2013 @ 2:24 pm   18

Why don’t you reduce the price of the memory cards? These games and an 8GB memory card ain’t worth £40

jakster123x 19 June, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   19

Cool idea, but with a PS+ subscription i’d really appreciate it if you lowered the price of the memory cards. They’re way too expensive right now and i’ve got no idea why a 32GB card can be £75 in some places.

I want to play games on my Vita but this price barrier is making things difficult.

Gary485 19 June, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   20

I already have 6 of those 10 games, and the 4 I don’t have are 4 I don’t want, and even if I did I could get them for really cheap. Great offer if you don’t own these games though.

mdogg91 19 June, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   21

Hi fred is there any plans to release these with bigger cards like 16gb, 32gb? I already have 8gb and tend to download everything i own, so i always run out of space lol

Fred Dutton 19 June, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

No plans at present – but we’ll let you know right here if there’s news of a new offer.

zakattack127 19 June, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   22

any chance of anything like this with a 32gb card?

Chungles 19 June, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   23

Never mind if and when they release 16 or 32gb cards with the pack, when are we going to see the release of 64gb+ cards? You’re actually preventing me from buying anything more on the store because I don’t want to delete any of the other games I have on my device at present.

Thank you for ignoring all other European countries.
What is next, no Gaikai, no Netflix. Thanks for not caring.

Fred Dutton 19 June, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

To clarify, the Mega Pack is available across Europe. It’s only the bundle that is launching in select territories.

Is this coming to Finland? I have been considering to get the vita and this peaked my interest even more… Well I might just get the version which costs 229€ and it comes with sly thieves in time, 4gb card and 3g + wifi vita…

Please say are there any plans..

i already have this 2 weeks in holland so i dont know what your thinking sony saying that its not in other country’s we have it befor the other countie’s over here haha

bennyrafal 19 June, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   27

Fred please, make some kind of PSP heritage sales, Patapons etc, or atleast include such titles in to PS+ for Vita.

Chungles 19 June, 2013 @ 2:40 pm   28

Or rather than releasing the no doubt expensive 64gb cards, what’s the chances of Sony offering a new firmware update which addresses the folder resets that occur when switching memory cards? If I didn’t have to go through the process of rearranging my folders every time I inserted a new card, I’d immediately go for the pack.

Stonesthrow 19 June, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   29

All downloads? Whatever happened to physical copies? Oh well, not the best selection anyway.

mulletboyjay 19 June, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   30

£219.99 for the bundle is a bit steep. GAME have the Vita plus a game (LBP, Soul Sacrifice, or Uncharted) for £149.99. So you could then buy the card bundle for £34.99 and save youself almost enough to buy PS+ for a year, giving you one extra game on card plus all the PS+ games…

KingOfTheHill 19 June, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   31

Nice idea, but you should make it more easy to use multiple memorycards for Vita. I think this 8 GB card will be full already after downloading those games. And I for one dont like to have to delete games, I rather buy a new card once in a while, fill it up with games, and then buying another one. But the Vita doesnt really support switching memorycards. If it did, this would be a great deal for people already having a memorycard full of games.

monoliet 19 June, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   32

more peopel are awaiting next tings =
-price drop vita needed soon 200€
-ps4/vita bundel +- 600 €
-biger mem cards + al cards cheaper !!!!! very urgent + use of more then 100 bubbels ( icone on vita)

i can not even find 32 gb in store !!!4/8 gb jes

luky i buy 16 gb one day 1 + other 32 gb

SwingerE11 19 June, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   33

At chungles
I change my memory card all the time and the folders don’t get reseted, they’re there where I left it.

crusher915 19 June, 2013 @ 2:48 pm   34

So will all of that fit on a (GB card ;)

crusher915 19 June, 2013 @ 2:48 pm   35

*8gb

RyanSufc1997 19 June, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   36

#cheapermemorycards

I love the idea, pity its only added at new users :(

I would maybe pick it up, as its not a bad price for LBP with a Mem card, but thats all i get from it.

I am a bit reluctant though, as i know Little Big Planet will be on PS+ very soon. (I mean seriously… its the only one we havent gotten yet on PS+)

Benjamin81 19 June, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   38

Really genius to bundle a mere 8GB card with 10 games. After finishing downloading those games, you have to buy another card because you already ran out of space.

Also drop the price on the 16/32GB cards.

Chungles 19 June, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   39

@SwingerE11, Yeah? When I re-insert a memory card all my games are moved to a different page, why’s that?

crusher915 19 June, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   40

also will there be a Digital bundle? (wishful thinking i know)

Yep. I’ve seen the bundle now at bol.com
It’s only 10 euro more expensive, guess what I’m not going to buy.

cowbanana 19 June, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   42

Sony, the Vita is in MAJOR trouble.

One very telling example is that Elgiganten, one of the biggest retailers and online electronics stores in Scandinavia has a whopping three games available to buy online. The stores I’ve been to have zero consoles and zero games. The Vita does not exist in the stores. Most other chains are like this as well, with very few exceptions. It’s practically dead :(

How about some games that people (in general) actually want? I don’t think you can turn this around anymore. You need to buy some PROPER 3rd party support, not stuff like a half-baked ridiculously bad CoD game developed by a C-tier studio.

Chaosprower 19 June, 2013 @ 2:59 pm   43

PSP games, freemium games, and an updated mini? What a relief, for a moment I thought Sony had released 10 worthy titles for the Vita in its lifetime and I had missed them all!

leon_A0 19 June, 2013 @ 3:05 pm   44

Hi great pack guys but i wanna ask something. on the US PSN they are having some discounts on vita games like assasins creed libration for 15$.
are we geting that over here too?

Why everyone whines that price drop is needed for Vita… 200 euro is good enough for 3g + wifi version, imho… Or is Finland only country in EU where Vita 3g + wifi costs 199,90?

8GB what a Joke. How about you lower the prices(ALOT) and release a 64GB and 128GB cards?

GalapagosaraY 19 June, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   47

Seriously the 32gb Vita card need to be sat down in price now, it costs as much as a 2nd hand Vita now since people arent using them.

im not buying a vita till theres a price drop on the 32gb card, the games on vita fills alot more and i already have enough trouble with my psp and 2 8gb to switch all the time let alone 3 psp batteries that deplete all the time too quick when its not even being used.

#15 Like this guy says the Vita and its games are almost not sold anywhere in scandinavia, the only store that actually has them is Gamestop but most of the games are still launch titles, the few you find around at other stores are launch titles aswell. Looking for games locally is almost non existant for Vita in Denmark, it reminds me of the same thinbg with Nintendo DS, which is basically only Nintendos own games that are left at stores, the 3DS have a much wider and steadier release of good games.

MASPALOMAZ 19 June, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   48

I will buy a vita when its 99€ with a 32 GB Card to put all my Plus Vita titles on it :)

stormyuk 19 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   49

Bigger memory cards need to drop in price, they are a total rip off and a barrier for m My Vita hardly gets used as I can’t even be bothered using my plus subscription for it when I have to juggle all the games constantly. Just make the memory cards better value.

Benneth 19 June, 2013 @ 4:41 pm   50

Hi Fred, will this be available in UK stores on the 21st then? I can’t see it listed on any UK retailer website except for Smyths. Will we just be able to stroll into Game or HMV and buy it?

I am tempted:P but i am going to wait & see if all that ‘Remote Play’ with ‘every’ PS4 game is real 1st:D Then i will buy the PSVita:P

solarwind12 19 June, 2013 @ 4:52 pm   52

Had a Big shock yesterday, was in a gamesretailer (Graingergames) and kinda overheard a guy asking for a best offer price trade in, for his vita, the staff quoted him a 60to70 pound price, depending on condition etc, customer walked out, shaking his head.. Anyway i kinda enquired about this offer myself, being the curious type i am (read a nosy so-n-so).. Turned out the price, for a mint, boxed 3g/wi-fi vita is £70, IF your asking for trade towards something.. But (shocking bit), IF you were (i ain’t btw) looking to Sell, a A rated, boxed 3g/wi-fi vita, you would be offered the grand sum of £35 !.. Couldn’t believe it.. i mean as a day1 buyer i expected ‘some’ depreciation on the near £300ish i spent, But hearing That left me a little bit shellshocked… What the dickens has happened here.. Unreal.. Anyway, IF anyone is shopping for vita atm, i spyed a 3g vers in Argos for £160.. bout cheapest New one i seen for a while.
But £35, don’t know if i should laugh or cry..

solarwind12 19 June, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   53

comment 52, awaiting moderation (for no reason). 4.52pm.

aros2011 19 June, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   54

Please release larger memory cards. As a heavy user I have a full 32gb and 8gb and nowhere near all the games I own installed. I would be happy with a 64gb but the ideal size would be 128gb or 256gb.

Heavily lowering the prices of memory cards also makes complete financial sense as the more space people have the more games they will buy. Almost every Vita owner I know doesn’t buy games due to storage restrictions and I’ve spoken to dozens of people who aren’t interested in the system due to memory prices. The system is priced spot on but the memory is the major reason sales are low, for me a 32gb is worth it but for many it is not.

The games are good enough despite the disappointing e3 for Vita but please, please indicate this is an issue you are discussing at a high level. Cards should be sold for cost and profit made on games.

aros2011 19 June, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   55

By removing the smaller cards from sale you would also be able to release games up to 8gb or 12gb with space on the card for patches and dlc. The 4gb maximum for games due to the insane memory card situation is stopping Vita being represented with multi platform titles. You could make the cards big enough to hold a DVD game and make any multi platform game that has appeared on 360 a reality for the system.

I know you can’t announce anything but a simple confirmation that you are aware of the issues regarding small, expensive memory cards and the associated 4gb maximum for game cards and are in discussions would do a huge amount to reassure both the hardcore Vita owners who love the system and do everything they can in terms of word of mouth PR as well as the wider audience. Sony are doing everything right with ps4 at the moment and I have faith in Vita so please confirm ‘talks’

Yours faithfully and hopefully!

VitalogyPJ 19 June, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   56

Sony forcing stupid and worthless games into gamers throat, and even worst, they’re charging for what’s actually free on the store with some of those “games” LOOL oh my, this is priceless.

The only 2 games worth are LBPV and Wipeout which at this point BOTH cost around €25 so of course I’m not gonna pay €40 for them *sigh* *rolls eyes*

The only time sony puts Portugal in the map they decide to milk money out of garbage… my wallet says NO!

Shadowdragoon 19 June, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   57

How about making a 64 GB version (mening a 64GB card would get released..) ;) 32 GB is just to small..

residentSteve 19 June, 2013 @ 5:52 pm   58

I don’t like any of those games any chance of a different pack?
I got rid of my vita ages ago I won’t buy another till I see a new gow not a ps2 port and another uncharted.

robbenslb 19 June, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   59

I’m glad this is out in Portugal already, however I think I’ll wait for this or some other pack to go for 199.99€ before getting a Vita.

sephiroth399 19 June, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   60

nice little offer here, but i honestly think a price drop in cards wouldve been a much better choice or maybe even a higher storage size released, its a shame you cant just have the vita games saved on the ps3s hard drive and be able to run them remotely.

vashrahan 19 June, 2013 @ 6:15 pm   61

Idea is great. But you should have instead allow the buyers to choose the games they want instead.

AkodoRyu 19 June, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   62

Just a few sidenotes.

1. I’m pretty sure that it’s impossible to manufacture cards bigger than 64GB in that form factor at this point in time.

2. Even if it was possible, 128 and especially 256GB flash cards are way above point of diminishing returns. Ergo there is no chance in hell you would get 128GB card for less than 100 pounds and 256GB for less than 400-500 or your regional equivalent. Those are actually quite good prices, for any card format.

detictiveconan 19 June, 2013 @ 7:07 pm   63

I like the idea but 8GB cards are worthless. I have a 16GB and it’s still frustratingly small.

RKO_JPL7 19 June, 2013 @ 7:31 pm   64

I doubt all 10 games are going to fit on a 8GB memory card. What you should be doing SCEE is dropping the prices on the Vita memory cards the current prices are ridiculous. I wish a third party company SanDisk would make some memory cards for the Vita.

Igores07 19 June, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   65

why not this games – NFS MW, Call of Duty D, AC 3 and other good games not this (CENSORED) (sorry))

very good initiative, you get your moneys worth with this
now for a memory card price drop…

KylieDog 19 June, 2013 @ 9:42 pm   67

Do you know how useless an 8GB memory card is? We need larger memory cards, and we need a 75% price drop on them. Seriously Vita memory cards being 400% of normal memory card prices is stopping the people with Vitas I know from buying them, and without memory cards, no buying DLC or games.

solarwind12 19 June, 2013 @ 10:01 pm   68

What about a kind of (small) dongle device, for our vita that allowed us to insert 4or5 of these ‘tiny’ mem-cards ?, ok it mighn’t look pretty, but I can live with such a add on, is it technically possible ?, if so then Please, make one. Also when this Gaiko stream thing begins, can vita use that as a sort of cloud memory, for home use i suppose, or when able to use reliable wi-fi source, All i can say with certainty is the present mem situation Has held me off buying more games, so surely that Must also be a SCE problem, to be resolved.

solarwind12 19 June, 2013 @ 10:19 pm   69

Also, i Know this is wrong thread, But Why did the plus version of MGS have to be either both, or in my case none, i woulda loved to have access to MGS3, but (strangely) i can’t stand MGS2, doing that, in that way, when they’re available as seperates on store, was imo a bad trick, almost like forcing people to go buy another mem-card, only thing is when i feel i’m being forced to do something, usually i do complete opposite, like many people do… IS there a plausible reason why the both of em together were given, rather than seperate files.?. i mean IF i were to purchase them, would they have been available separately. Am guessing that option (both) Must somehow be the cheaper option..It still makes No common sense though.

pb-live 19 June, 2013 @ 10:48 pm   70

A 64GB card at a decent price and lowering the price of other cards would be a very good move.

SwingerE11 20 June, 2013 @ 1:37 am   71

A 32GB vita memory card is almost the same price as a 1TB HDD.
The hard drive is a thousand times the size of the memory card.
Only a fool would spend over £50 for a 32GB.
If I had known the memory cards were gonna be expensive,
I would never have bought a vita. I only found out after I bought it.

This 1TB HDD works perfectly on PS3

evilwitch83 20 June, 2013 @ 2:21 am   72

The cost of the memory cards has stopped me from buying a lot of games from the store. I have 1 32g memory card and that is now full. I have a slow internet connection (Uncharted Golden Abyss, for example, took 6 hours to download) and because of this, I don’t like deleting things from my card.

If the memory cards were much cheaper (eg £20-£25 for a 32gb card), then when 1 card fills up, people will be far more likely to buy another card, and then buy more games from the store. Or, as you seem to love bundles so much, why not bundle a 32gb with a 1 year plus subscription for around £60.

Sutorcen 20 June, 2013 @ 7:49 am   73

32GB Mega Pack please.

DoYouLikeMyID 20 June, 2013 @ 8:43 am   74

I agree with many people here, a 32 gb pack (maybe with some different games?) would be greatly appreciated. :D

Still, I might pick this up.

keywarrior17 20 June, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   75

Cheeper cards please. If cards are more reasonably priced you would sell more games, its not rocket science. my 16gb was full a long time ago and i refuse to buy another card due to the over pricing. i won’t buy any more games as i cba deleting and switching games around.

keywarrior17 20 June, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   76

Comment no 72 talks a lot of sense.

keywarrior17 20 June, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   77

So many comment with regards to lowering the price of these mega overpriced cards, yet you never reply to any of them! No wonder the inferior 3ds is outselling the ps vita, people won’t be overcharged for stuff in todays market!

millgate1 20 June, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   78

Can you please remove ‘IE’ from countries at the top when this is not available in IRELAND? T_T Very misleading.

TheMART 21 June, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   79

I bought a 16GB card at launch, instant rebate for 35 Euro which was kinda alright.

But I don’t get who would want an 8GB, at 16GB I already have to constantly delete stuff, not even downloading many demo’s…

That starting pack with 8GB included is useful for starters indeed, especially kids and people that don’t have PS+

As soon as someone has PS+, 16GB is a minimum, 32GB is prefered and best would be if Sony brought 64GB en 128GB cards. But then for a reasonable price.

Rancid_Undead 21 June, 2013 @ 12:57 pm   80

@evilwitch83

That idea for the card & plus sub is excellent! I’d be all over that like a wet flannel if were to become available.

Darkerthan25 21 June, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   81

cheaper memory cards! cheaper memory cards!! CHEAPER MEMORY CARDS!!!!

silmorat1 21 June, 2013 @ 10:25 pm   82

Zavvi.Co.UK are selling pre orders for this game pack for £25.99 – good for new Vita owners

I have got a 32gb card myself and some of these games so not for me either, I would agree with that we need bigger cards at a much lower prices.

Player_550 22 June, 2013 @ 6:21 am   83

When it will be released in the Middle East?

mixindave 24 June, 2013 @ 9:31 am   84

£250 on zavvi. no way that will sell

unbiased 24 June, 2013 @ 10:16 am   85

Yeah come on sony, answer all the questions about the memory cards,its the ONE single thing that is putting alot of people off, why is nothing being done about it??
Everyone of my friends says the same thing, everyone on facebok says the same thing, everyone on vita forums says the same thing,if cards were cheaper they would be more likely to buy the vita or more games if they have it- surely market research has shown this?

aros2011 24 June, 2013 @ 10:50 am   86

The prices should be as follows, no more:

8gb £15
16gb £25
32gb £40
64gb £75

These prices are still higher than normal memory, but are reasonable. You will still make a decent profit considering my Xperia Play’s 64gb cost about £50. I would buy a £75 64gb in a heartbeat. If you can drop all prices by £5, even better.

Making a statement about meeting the communities demands along with info about how the cards must be a much higher standard than normal memory so proprietary is required would win a lot of people round to Vita.

Come on Sony, give the device a chance. When every owner is struggling with storage it DOES impact game sales.

MikeJR_e2ipi 24 June, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   87

Nice starter bundle. Personally not for me but hopefully will move more units.

Shan_Unleashed 24 June, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   88

Is this coming to the US?

laz1973 24 June, 2013 @ 11:49 pm   89

Would be just better if SONY just dropped the price of the memory cards. Cmon you can get micro SD cards for half the price even USB sticks are cheaper. Yes it’s a great deal but not if you already have the games.

NoFX_Caz 28 June, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   90

Why has the release for the UK been pushed back to 5th July when it is already out everywhere else in Europe?

Although I agree with a lot of comments that lowering the price of the higher capacity memory cards would be nice this pack was the trigger to tempt me to buy a Vita here in Australia.

JB Hifi is currently selling the PS Vita with a case/starter pack and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale for A$259. I asked them to just swap the Battle Royale game for this Mega Pack instead so at least I had a memory card and a few more games to start with and they did that deal also for A$259. (183 euros / 156 UK pound).

Think that is a reasonably good deal to get aboard.

kylejc86 29 June, 2013 @ 10:20 pm   92

Hi I have bought this today and the code will not redeem on my vita, PS3 or online store.

It gets to a certain point then fails when connecting and the games are never added to my download list

Any idea what the problem is? I’m in the UK.

It seems to be widespread as I have seen the exact same errors on other forums.

nonkelvladimir 30 June, 2013 @ 9:44 pm   93

Yesterday I bought a bundle with PS VITA (wifi, not 3g), this 10 games + 8gb card pack and Playstation Battle All Stars for €240 in a Belgian mediamarkt.
I know most of the games in this pack are not that good, but in combination with my Plus subscription I hope I’m gonna have a lot of fun with my Vita. I know the games out there are quite disappointing, but the hardware is slick!

Bloodlust_1138 3 July, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   94

Ok firstly the price is outlandish as are ALL Vita Memory Cards. I bought 1 16 GB it’s full already but I refuse to buy another until the card prices fall inline with other SD cards. £2 per GB at the best price I can find is simply wrong.

Secondly, what are you trying to do here? Make people realise the Memory Card on the PS Vita is it’s Achilles heal? I doubt you could fit all 10 games on 8GB and if you do it will be so full you can forget about saving anything. Like playing Music taking pictures or want to use Skype, Youtube or Facebook apps? Forget it! Buy a new over priced SD Card!

I really hope a third party either makes Vita SDs or makes an adapter as it’s the only time you would even consider a drop in price.

I LOVE my Vita but I HATE the price of Memory Cards and the limited size 32 GB Max in this day and age??

Bloodlust_1138 3 July, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   95

Additionally the other thing about Memory Cards is their size. The PS Vita could handle doing many present Gen games, however, the memory card prevents it.

Most games have an average of 7-20GB as many will know from downloading them on PS+ and that’s before the update. 4GB cards would be redundant, as to be honest they already are, 8GB could possibly hold ONE game. 16GB Could hold 1-2 Games and 32GB could hold 4max and 2 minimum.
If this was a home console… Oh wait… there was a home console like this where you bought a modified memory system… It was the Xbox 360!!!

Seriously, to make a handheld capable of giving a home console experience and limit it like this makes no sense what so ever. £65 for 32GB?? Make it 250GB and I might buy it. If this continues I honestly feel to sell my Vita until a new design comes out that doesn’t suffer from this weakness.

It’s been a week since normal release for switzerland and we still don’t have it, none of the resellers know about this pack…. Sony, our small country get a little update please?

II_RICHIE_II 4 July, 2013 @ 2:41 pm   97

Are the mega packs region-locked to countries or can I buy the Mega Pack from the UK or France and use it on my Swedish PSN account?

renmark-daboss 5 July, 2013 @ 1:26 am   98

is there going to be a US release