Posted 20 June

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two arrives on PS Vita this week

Hey there, Disney fans! You’ll be pleased to hear that Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is out this week on PlayStation Vita.

The magical sequel to the smash hit Epic Mickey sees everyone’s favourite Mouse return on a fun-filled quest to save Wasteland, a weird and wonderful world of forgotten Disney characters. Check out the new trailer above!

The magic of Disney Epic Mickey 2 is made even better with the awesome controls of the PS Vita. You can use front touch to aim Mickey’s enchanted paintbrush to find new paths, solve puzzles and battle evil mechanical monsters, whilst the tilt action makes racing even more fun. Best of all you can really experience the Power of Two by teaming up with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in two-player Wi-Fi co-op fun – exclusive to the PS Vita.

Discover a treasure trove of famous costumes, rare film reels and much more besides on your way to uncovering the Mad Doctor’s cunning schemes and restoring Wasteland to its former glory.

To celebrate the launch of Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two you’ll also be able to pick up a free Disney Epic Mickey 2 poster in PlayStation Home from 26th June until 10th July to bring a splash of Disney magic to your apartments.

Straight On 1

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is available now in stores or click here to buy online.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

22 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

How does this compare to the PS3 version?

file size of the digital download version..?

Christos-34 20 June, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   3

@FBZ It’s the same as the PS3, and it’s only 14,99EURO/£11.99

INS1GHTFUL 20 June, 2013 @ 3:38 pm   4

the price is good, I just hope the control issues from the console versions are fixed.

has anyone seen any reviews for the vita version?

Christos-34 20 June, 2013 @ 3:43 pm   5

@INS1GHTFUL I could not find a review but I found gameplay recorded straight from the Vita.

supersmith2500 20 June, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   6

Glad the game is getting a retail release over in Europe. Over in the US you could only getting the game digital only. I hate digital only releases.

INS1GHTFUL 20 June, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   7

@ supersmith2500
given its £10 cheaper on PSN than shopto, im happy to get the digital version in this case. I wish all PSN games were cheaper than physical…oh well

THE_FORCE 20 June, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   8

Castle of Illusion was dope on the Megadrive. I’ll get this purely for that reason. 8-)

Serpantino 20 June, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   9

I’m interested in this. Seems like some pretty integral use of the front touchscreen though which is off putting. Touchscreens are one of the stupidest and most impractical gimmicks to happen in recent tech history; all it ever does is obscure the screen and leave rainbow smudges which take me out of the game constantly as I have to pause to wipe them. It may be a necessity on touchscreen only phones but c’mon… make it optional at least!

Panos_GRE 20 June, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   10

Unfortunately the game is not properly optimized for the Vita.
The graphics although at first look good and in native resolution, they appear to be blurry as the game goes on. The framerate is bad.

I really wanted to like this game, after skipping the PS3 version, because I want these types of games on the Vita but this game needs a serious patch to sort out the framerate. The download is 2,8GB and although the asking price is low, I feel that my money wasn’t well spent.

Please patch this game at least so it can be more fluid and fun to play.

sk8_u_down 20 June, 2013 @ 8:32 pm   11

Hi could someone please help me. Yesterday when I saw the new PSP games on sale I saw Tekken 6 and was so. excited, but when I saw the price it was kept same and for plus members it was dropped by a dollar or 2. Tekken 6 is a fighting game made by Namco and Soul Calibur Broken Destiny also is and that was discounted properly. So could you guys please look into this issue, because I really wanted to play Tekken 6 on my PS VITA, but can’t niw, becausec it’s still so expensive. Oh and I’m from New Zealand by the way. Thanks. :)

SetsunaF_Seiei_ 21 June, 2013 @ 1:14 am   12

OH MY GOD!!

YOUR PSN SYSTEM UPDATE 4.45 HAS CRASHED MY XMB PS3 IIIII SOOOOO WANNA PUNCHHHH SONY IN THE FACE RIGHT NOW I HAD TO REBOOT MY PS3 I LOST ALL MY DATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowbanana 21 June, 2013 @ 8:07 am   13

Sony has lost the plot! Why keep pushing out these games with horrible frame rates? Why do you think this shoddy quality is good enough? Jak and Daxter is also completely horrible on the Vita, way to kill Naughty Dog’s incredible original craftsmanship. R&C: FFA is also a total visual train wreck. Clearly Sony doesn’t care one bit, the proof is right there in the games.

No wonder Nintendo is utterly destroying Sony in the handheld space. They don’t push out mediocre, half-finished crap like Sony does. Sony has ports, ports that run lige one-legged dogs. Yay?!

JAW had one guy do the Vita port of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and it runs native resolution at a smooth 30 fps. It’s a great port and the minimum I expect from games on the Vita.

Sony is simply incompetent and have all but killed the Vita themselves through indifference, shoddy work and poor third party relations for the platform. Pathetic.

Wild_Guns 21 June, 2013 @ 9:54 am   14

Pay attention that they means “ad hoc” coop, not online coop with everyone. In substance you have to be in the same location (same wifi hotspot) of the other user. Also I have to agree with others that it looks blurry the whole time (why?) and there are even framerate issues.

ElluinK 21 June, 2013 @ 11:17 am   15

A port that noone asked for. Why not port games with bigger audience at least? If you are focusing kids why not Disney Infinity or Skylanders?

Carnivius_Prime 21 June, 2013 @ 11:21 am   16

‘No wonder Nintendo is utterly destroying Sony in the handheld space. They don’t push out mediocre, half-finished crap like Sony does. ‘

Dunno about that. The majority of DS and 3DS titles range from sorta average to absolute forgettable trash. I miss the Nintendo of the 8 and 16 bit era where each release almost felt like a special event (and usually cos they were actually good games that felt fresh and unlike much else on other systems which just isn’t the case anymore)

Elvick_ 21 June, 2013 @ 11:57 am   17

Thanks for putting it out at retail.

I imported it for myself here in Canada. I’d rather pay extra and support putting RETAIL games at RETAIL… especially when they aren’t even priced accordingly. $30 for digital only? Jak Collection was $25 on PSN, and it had the option to go retail.

anunnakid 21 June, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   18

I actually love this game. When I saw it on console release I skipped it because I felt this was more of a hand held game. I was right, its amazing!!! thanks for porting this Sony and all involved.

aros2011 21 June, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   19

I’ve bought this at retail to support boxed releases even though it was £4 more than PSN. A small price to pay for a box and cart IMO, especially as I could fill my 32gb twice over with PSN downloads!

Impressions from those who actually have the game online are good.

R&C and Jak were done by third tier studios although Jak is fine for me. I agree first party releases should be a higher than average standard rather than less though as they are the titles that represent the device. I’m looking forward to Epic Mickey though and have faith it will be good.

Hopefully Sony’s second tier studios who can make the Vita sing (Tarsier!) are hard at work on the next wave of unreleased retail games as it seems Sony have written off until this year’s holiday season when I expect Vita to start showing what it can do post Killzone and Tearaway.

Keep the faith guys! (and fight as much as you can against f2p and endless runners infecting the device! Indie should equal creatively brilliant rather than bankrupt!)

Great game!

BBear_27 22 June, 2013 @ 11:03 am   21

Awesome on the vita, few frame rate drops when things get busy on the screen but you can forgive it for its ambition, looks and sounds great, touch controls are well utilized for the game, awesome for the asking price too :-)

ralahinn1 27 June, 2013 @ 2:35 am   22

where can you find the poster?