Posted 1:35pm

Hotline Miami release date, exclusive content detailed

HLM PS Screen 2

Let’s get to the news you’ve all been waiting for first – Hotline Miami will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation on 26th June, priced £6.49/€7.99! The teams at Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital have worked incredibly hard to reproduce the fast-paced gameplay and super tight controls of the original game and we couldn’t be happier with how Hotline Miami plays on PS3 and PS Vita.

Another thing we’re excited about is that the PlayStation versions of Hotline Miami will also have an exclusive new mask designed by Abstraction and Dennaton Games. After months of top secret bovine research, we finally get to unveil our new friend Russell the raging bull.

HLM PS Screen 1

Russell is hidden early on in the game and when equipped will turn the entire game black and white save the neon text and red blood left behind as you rampage through each floor of every level. It’s a really neat effect and even changes up the video filter a bit to give the whole game a classic film look – see the image at the top of the post.

There’s also a bunch of fun new upgrades like leaderboards for each level of the game, trophies, and even touch support for lock-on targeting on the PlayStation Vita version. Plus, Hotline Miami is a Cross Buy title on PlayStation Network so you can buy it for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita with a single purchase!

Thanks again for all the support and follow @HotlineMiami on Twitter for more news and fun from now and through launch!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

36 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

Grey_Fox007 21 June, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   1

Woohoo!

GothPunk 21 June, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   2

YES! I recently got this game from the Humble Indie Bundle 8 and will be buying again day one for my Vita. I think it’s a great fit for a portable system. Glad that hint on Twitter about a release next week was right! :)

I resisted purchases during all those Steam sales and even the Humble Bundle laterly, just so that I could experience Hotline Miami for the first time on my Vita.

No idea if the game will justify that painful waiting, but I already know that I love the soundtrack down to the bits. So damn good!

Rob_Velocity 21 June, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   4

Can’t wait! Already played it on PC but it’s perfectly suited to the Vita screen. More of this kind of stuff please – Great Giana guys, I’m looking at you.

GalapagosaraY 21 June, 2013 @ 4:14 pm   5

this game is amazing, it will be nice to have on Vita besides PC for me. I hope the music in the sequel is as cool as the 1st game the soundtrack is amazing

Xephon1970 21 June, 2013 @ 4:19 pm   6

Yes! Result, played this on my laptop, cannot wait to play it again. Nice work guys, thanks.

YESSSS! Can’t wait to play this. Have waited for Vita even though I have it for Mac.

Hopefully the sequel is Vita bound aswell.

CoolRichy008UK 21 June, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   8

i has 1 thing to say. Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy ^^

Rytteren 21 June, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   9

take my money!!!

About time! Good price aswell! So looking forward to playing it again! Hopefully be able to score that Platinum Trophy aswell. Am so ready for this!

Cr4z7WolF 21 June, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   11

Day one for me … quit playing on pc because i want to play this game on vita :)

Blessedkid9 21 June, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   12

PLZ SONY its 21 of june and still no sight of ratchet gladiator/deadlocked in EU. It came out 23′rd of May in USA. This customers service is horrible really. What company is 1 month late… HURRY UP AND DO YOUR JOB’s WILL YA?

thereallausebub 21 June, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   13

Will there be a platinum trophy as well? I’m buying it regardless, just curious.
Also, that effect looks rad.

LieutenantFatman 21 June, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   14

Sounds like it will be a perfect fit for the Vita, looking forward to it.

cowbanana 21 June, 2013 @ 6:33 pm   15

Great game, I am tempted to buy it (again) for my Vita.

FBZ1501 21 June, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   16

Never played this but always thought it looked super cool… made up it is out this week on the Vita and the cross buy bonus is a nice touch!
I will be buying it day 1 fur sure… can’t wait!

aros2011 21 June, 2013 @ 10:49 pm   17

I can’t wait for this title. Day one for certain.

Aces73High 21 June, 2013 @ 11:57 pm   18

I soooooo can’t wait to get to grips with Hotline Miami on my Vita next week! I’ve fancied this for ages, so I’m properly stoked that it’s almost here! Very excited.

Hoping it sells really well on Vita and PS3, so with any luck, Devolver will bring the recently teased sequel to Vita too. In the meantime, I’m planning to play the hell outta the current version!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

firesmax67 22 June, 2013 @ 10:08 am   19

No release in Germany?

BlackWarrior_NL 23 June, 2013 @ 3:42 pm   25

saai

Marco_Polo1988 24 June, 2013 @ 1:55 am   26

so Awesome

MukaZPJ 24 June, 2013 @ 11:37 am   27

Definitely buying this for PS3 and Vita since it’s cross-buy! Love the PC version, so having this on the go will be amazing! :D just not sure how well it will play without a mouse, but for just over £7 I’ll risk it :)

Unicronic 26 June, 2013 @ 7:58 am   28

In an act of sheer protect again the despicable and gratuitous violence contained within this game I’ll be buying this day one AGAIN and completing it…..just out of protest y’hear me?

xPROMISESKEPTx 26 June, 2013 @ 8:19 am   29

hmm why is this not on PSN its the 26th and I wanted to play it on my way to work :/

sheferd_ 26 June, 2013 @ 9:10 am   30

Where is it!? Come on guys it’s digital/online this stuff should work like clockwork. at 12 am it should have been set to “Publish to Europe PSN Store” it’s now 9am :(

Carnivius_Prime 26 June, 2013 @ 10:29 am   31

Can’t say I enjoyed it much on PC but then I don’t really like playing games on a PC at all to begin with (I hate using a mouse and keyboard to play most games). I may check it out for PS3 though as I’m sure I’d enjoy Dual Shock controls a heck of a lot more.

MASPALOMAZ 26 June, 2013 @ 10:36 am   32

Click “publish in store” before the hourlong coffeebreaks, breakfast and surfing the web for holiday destinations and home decor?? Come on guys, please ;-)

Fred Dutton 26 June, 2013 @ 10:58 am

Not long to wait folks. The Store updates every week at around 2pm BST. I’ll let you know if it goes up any earlier.

sheferd_ 26 June, 2013 @ 11:03 am   33

There should be a partially manual process to update the store for times like this, it’s 2013!
We need Hotline Miami! :)

MASPALOMAZ 26 June, 2013 @ 11:07 am   34

Nice, would it also be worth it to check the blog later today for a new sale?! :) Going to beach now for a quick swim have a great day everyone.

solarwind12 26 June, 2013 @ 11:48 am   35

‘ does this game have a platinum trophy’ and ‘can’t wait to get the plat, if i’m lucky’, Argg.. Why are these cheap, mostly easy and fast to finish, Small games even allowed a platinum trophy, in fact, TWO of em, for exact same time/effort ?. Is it some sort of compensation for vita not being ‘sold as advertised’, ie remote-play, AAA games, or if i can remember the exact quote. ‘a ps3 in your pocket’, Clearly it hasn’t been, So do sce believe rewarding people with easy platinum trophy’s kinda excuses them.. Nothing wrong with Hotline, or the other cross buys, Except they simply do Not deserve to have platinum as a reward, X2 to boot… Gets my blood boiling, i mean i buy a dlc for ME3. for £11.99, it takes around 10 hours to finish, my trophy reward ?.. 3 bronze’s.. And what about Resi4, ? would of Loved to have ‘earned’ a plat for that, But no, 1 gold, after earning right to play for it by beating it on normal, which earned me 10 bronze 1 silver, SCE your gamercard/profiles are no longer worth the pixels there printed on.
btw, is Sparticus also out l8r ?. and whats goin on with downloaded list ?, i had 1150, now its 1625 items.

MONTENERO 29 June, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   36

Not so long ago indie developers and their supporters were critical of AAA games’ practises of exclusive DLCs deals with platform holders etc.
Look, what’s happening now. I wonder how much does this “exclusivity” cost.