Posted 24 June
Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition, pre-order extras detailed
Hello everyone. It has been an exciting couple of months for fans of Gran Turismo. Firstly, at the 15th Anniversary Event this May, we confirmed that the forthcoming sixth iteration of Gran Turismo would be released Winter 2013. This very welcome news was followed by the unveiling at E3 of some of the new vehicles, locations and game innovations we can expect to see when Gran Turismo 6 arrives.
Hopefully adding to the sense of anticipation, I am very pleased to confirm the product and pre-order line ups that will be making their way to your local retailer very soon.
As you might expect, there will of course be a Standard Edition version of GT6, but this will be accompanied by a special, celebratory ‘Anniversary Edition’, which comes packed with extra content set to make your time with GT6 even more fun (and perhaps make you that little bit more competitive on the race track later this year).
Here’s the run-down of this special product, intended to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo’s relentless innovation and pursuit of (digital) automotive perfection.
- Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook (what you see here is not the final pack design)
- GT6 game
- 1M in-game credits
- 20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement
- Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars
- Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide
Completing the line up will be a PS3/GT6 bundle which will also include all of the Anniversary Edition content you see above here.
But the good stuff doesn’t end there – depending on your retail outlet, if you pre-order either edition, not only will you be one of the first on the GT6 starting grid, you could have the chance to pick up 1 million in game credits or a choose from the incredible range of 20 specially designed 15th Anniversary vehicles, with their custom livery and performance enhancement. There’s plenty on offer to whet the appetite – check out the list below:
- Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale (2011)
- Alpine A110 1600S (1968)
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage (2010)
- Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 (2012)
- BMW Z4 GT3 (2011)
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) (2014)
- Ford Focus ST (2013)
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (2013)
- Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) (2011)
- KTM X-BOW R
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011)
- Lexus IS F Racing Concept (2008)
- Lotus Europa (type54) (1968)
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport (2013)
- Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car (2011)
- SRT Viper GTS (2013)
- Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance (2013)
- TRD 86 Racing (2008)
- Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car (2008)
Images of the all the above cars will be unveiled very soon, but in the meantime feast your eyes on all of the loveliness on show in the GT6 E3 trailer below.
There will be more news to come on Gran Turismo 6, the Anniversary Edition and pre-order content, so keep your eyes on PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com for more information.