Posted 5:00pm

Gran Turismo 6 demo launches next week

gtr_gt3_02

Following on from yesterday’s reveal of the product and pre-order goodies we can expect when Gran Turismo 6 hits retail this year, I am very happy to bring you even more GT news.

Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.

What’s more, if you are in one of the GT Academy regions* then the demo could also be the ticket for your chance to race for real with Nissan.

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy (and one of the brand new confirmed GT6 track locations in GT6).

In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.

Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.

The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.

Details on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com and more news and information on the demo will be incoming shortly, so keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for updates.

*GT Academy regions: France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, Germany and Russia

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

ocelot07 25 June, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   1

Demo this early? Am not complaining can’t to try it.

BarryBallache 25 June, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   2

Awesome! Even though I may well wait to get GT6 on PS4, I still cant wait to get my hands on the demo and try it out! :D

Dionisiy 25 June, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   3

Very good! I will participate!
When we get photos of exclusive cars ‘Anniversary Edition’?

declan__watson 25 June, 2013 @ 5:57 pm   4

Hey Penrose
I am looking forward to this, GT6 is going to rock. Cant wait to play the demo, but it wont be my ticket for GT Academy as I am 15. :) Cant wait for this thanks again Penrose ;)

MASPALOMAZ 25 June, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   5

Nice that we can finally play gran turismo digitally from the PSN it wasnt posible before even tho we have 2013 xD.

But all kind cynism aside, thats great news… Who does not like a free demo. Your chance to make people excited again about gran turismo and forget about f**** good luck I hope we will have weather effects on the track.

VIPER-1Q 25 June, 2013 @ 6:13 pm   6

Can’t wait to test it. I am sad though that I cannot compete in GT Academy because I live in a “poor” country…

vonhammer 25 June, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   7

I know I asked this in the last topic, but can you try and put forward the need for a realistic tire guide for the cars in GT6.

Because it’s a new tire model I think it would be good for those players who want to experience the cars as close to realistic as possible.
And if there is no guide can you ask if they will fit the correct tires when you purchase a car, or have an option to fit the correct tires.
Again for reference this is the what was shown in GT5p.

If my memory serves me correctly,the guide shows realistic grip levels of the car when using fresh tires and and used (GT5P had no tire ware)
I always remember the F40 was N2 used ~ N3 fresh, ad it was so much fun driving the cars like this.

jacktheladfrost 25 June, 2013 @ 7:29 pm   8

Please don’t include B Spec in GT6. PLEEEEASE.

Use the disk space for something exciting

Hey Penrose,

Awesome, i cant wait for the demo, im already sold on GT6 though :)

Quick question, when will GT6 hit South Africa?
I know last year we started a bit late compared to EU, and we only got the Academy download at that time too.

COOL:P

Hi Penrose.

Is the Republic of Ireland part of the UK region (like last time) or are we not allowed to enter this year?

trickytree1 25 June, 2013 @ 9:14 pm   12

I’m one of many that would like a digital release of GT6, can you confirm yet whether it will be available on PSN? Thanks.

Cool news, just bought a wheel several weeks ago too.

mh637099 26 June, 2013 @ 4:23 am   14

WOOHOO! GT ACADEMY 2013! DUBBED AS GT6 DEMO!!! :D

Just one question, how big is the game? I hope it’s not 3 gigs like last year.

DavidHolliss 26 June, 2013 @ 8:43 am   15

Yes wonder how big the download will be. 3GB is no problem, shame it’s going up 9am UK time though when everyone will be at work/school.

Staff, curious, why just announce the demo now when all keen GT Academy followers knew of the 2nd July demo date when it was announced about ten days ago at the Racer X event….

r2dave2 26 June, 2013 @ 8:45 am   16

Will I be downloading this demo? Is the Pope jewish?

bestheelever 26 June, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   17

I’m looking forward to this Demo :) It may be the last game I get on the PS3 before I move onto the PS4 :)

Great news! It’s nice to see that GT Academy is supported in Czech Republic and Slovakia. However, the Store is not yet available for Slovak users. How are they supposed to download the demo?

LCachero_PHI_NZL 26 June, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   19

Another disappointing blog post regarding GT Academy Mr. Tackie.

This is the 3rd year in a row that New Zealand (and Australia) has been left out of the contest and a considerable number of unhappy PlayStation and Gran Turismo customers are willing to NOT purchase Gran Tursimo 6 regardless of the quality of the GT6 Demo…unless of course we have an incentive to open our wallets such as GT Academy.

Having some experience in the amateur and semi-professional motorsport industry myself I can honestly say that the $NZ300 investment for a PS3 is very easy to make in comparison to what GT Academy offers (I paid approximately $15,000 for my year in competitive go-karting. The winners of the competition got to race around the world in Nissan race cars).

There are plenty of motorsport/automotive enthusiasts living in this part of the world who would be more than happy to boost your console and peripheral sales if they were made aware of this great talent search program and if GT Academy makes a glorious return to New Zealand (and Australian) shores.

hobbie_gobbie 1 July, 2013 @ 1:42 am   20

Why not having Australia in the academy? That’s a bit sucky.

AlexAtkinUK 1 July, 2013 @ 2:24 am   21

This is excellent news as I have tried various GT games in the past including GT5 and could never get into them with the controller.

I got a Fanatec wheel for christmas though and have been wanting to try it out on PS3, the demo gives me the perfect excuse.

TERRORSA 2 July, 2013 @ 8:31 am   22

This is gonna be awesome can’t wait for tonight :)

MASPALOMAZ 2 July, 2013 @ 8:46 am   23

Demo should be up already actually:
Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST

But I dont see it. Not a problem got to work now anyways ;)

Where is the demo??? :(

MASPALOMAZ 2 July, 2013 @ 9:19 am   25

GT Academy 2013. Its there now :)

1GB only according to that page in the webstore.

sandystrachan 2 July, 2013 @ 9:24 am   26

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/gt-academy-2013/cid=EP9001-NPEA90124_00-0000000000000000 theres the link to the demo

sandystrachan 2 July, 2013 @ 9:25 am   27

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/gt-academy-2013/cid=EP9001-NPEA90124_00-0000000000000000 the demo