Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 10:01am

Download Gran Turismo 6 demo today

lead image particle_01

Hello everyone. If you were on PlayStation Blog last week you may be aware that it’s a big day if you are a Gran Turismo fan or fancy yourself as a Sebastian Vettel in the making.

Why? Well, today the free playable demo for Gran Turismo 6  is published on PlayStation Store. The demo is packed with new game content and is your first opportunity to get hands on with Gran Turismo 6due to hit the shops in Winter 2013.

gtacademy2013_02gtacademy2013_01

In participating countries* the demo could also be your once-in-a-lifetime chance of a fully-fledged racing career with Nissan – as it is the entry route for the innovative GT Academy competition that takes Gran Turismo players on the incredible journey from the sofa to the Le Mans racetrack.

The GT Academy competition will run from today until 28th July, but regardless of whether you are in a GT Academy country or not the demo will stay live until 31st August. You will also have equal access to the bonus content to be unlocked, plus the chance of bragging rights by getting your name up there on the leaderboard!

gtacademy2013_03

More news and information on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com. See you on the starting grid!

*GT Academy 2013 includes the following countries: France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Germany and Russia.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

36 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will this be available in the European PS Store as well today or will it be a part of Wednesday’s PS Store update?

KaiserMEX 2 July, 2013 @ 10:10 am   2

Today or tomorrow? Im confused

Nightmare966 2 July, 2013 @ 10:12 am   3

It’s up right now guys, go check the Store/Web Store :)

Nice! Great news.

GT Academy is supported in Slovakia, but PS Store is not available in my country. How am I supposed to download the demo? I know: fake account. I wonder why it takes so long to make the Store available in Slovakia.

andrewsqual 2 July, 2013 @ 10:16 am   6

Awww yeah, downloading now :)

vicheous 2 July, 2013 @ 10:17 am   7

Arg! Where do i change to KMT i dont wanna drive with MPH :-(

antikewl 2 July, 2013 @ 10:23 am   8

A heads-up: That store link doesn’t work.

SkylineR88 2 July, 2013 @ 10:26 am   9

Cannot find it, UK PS Store

SkylineR88 2 July, 2013 @ 10:32 am   10

Its called “GT Academy 2013″

Excellent News :P + if anyone can’t find it go to ‘Demos’ on PSN Store & it’s there(it’s called – ‘GT Academy 2013′ & not ‘GT6 Demo’) ;)

Hey Penrose,

I think you mean Tomorrow… guessing copy and pasted from a US post.

Either way, cant wait to play the demo, and see some of the new interface and new features.

I have 2 questions:

1: Demo is only available till end August? Does it completely end, or does just online or leader board access stop?
(And the game will be out then too right?)

2: If you have any, can you please mention any details on the Academy in the middle East/Africa?

Thanks, would really appreciate a response

Penrose Tackie 2 July, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Hello aKaSoG

The demo is indeed published today

1. The intention is that demo would end in August and would not be playable after that time.

2. There is no information at present on MEA Academy but more information will follow in due course

Have fun with the demo!

Mr-Brett 2 July, 2013 @ 10:43 am   13

The Url contains “link:” at the start, remove that and it’ll take you there although the demo isn’t at the linked page for the UK it seems. Direct link for UK: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/gt-academy-2013/cid=EP9001-NPEA90124_00-0000000000000000

o.O I see the demo is available….

And i was planning on taking my vita to work tomorrow so that i could remote in and start downloading so its done when i get home.

woodypride 2 July, 2013 @ 11:07 am   15

Is it a “real” demo or just some speed tests for GT Academy ?

Thanks for response Penrose,

How can i not have fun with the demo? :P

Just FYI, i made a promise to myself during the last Academy session, that i would have purchased a driving for GT before the next GT and GT academy.

I was able to fulfill this early last month, and now wait patiently :)

Keep it up

MASPALOMAZ 2 July, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   17

Is this false advertisement in the description of this blog?
Its just a demo and its free, so thats great. But “packed with content” ? I only see part of silverstone, one car and thats all, not even AI drivers like in the screens.

Its just a little time trial it seems and just the same old as if forza never happened?

Its not a bad experience but it will not save the GT franchise which now is pretty much dead :D

MaxDiehard 2 July, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   18

My PS3 died the other day, so I was wondering if the entire demo shuts down in August, or just the GT Academy Trials.

I would like to be able to get the unlockable extras once I have a new PS3.

MaxDiehard 2 July, 2013 @ 12:45 pm   19

@aKaSoG

Don’t you mean the Driving Force GT?

dean1076 2 July, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   20

bit of a stupid question because of the size of this game but id buy it, is there gonna be a digital release on release date thankings deano

JigSaw1st 2 July, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   21

Can’t wait to download this bad boy and play it.

Thanks.

Witcher70 2 July, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   22

I’m pretty rubbish at racing games but i’ll give the demo a bash after work tonight.

Penrose Tackie 2 July, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

Hello Witcher70…don’t worry about being good just give it a blast and enjoy!

Witcher70 2 July, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   23

Will do ! Thanx Penrose :D

Number9dream68 2 July, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   24

yeh thanks for the demo,its excellent,the replays are stunning.

Chungles 2 July, 2013 @ 2:52 pm   25

Will we be getting a Summer sale tomorrow?

rodrigoleles 2 July, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   26

Hi! When the demo will be available to download at the Brazilian PSN accounts?

Thanks!

supersmith2500 2 July, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   27

Awesome news, you know, I’ll download it when I claim my free Plus games tomorrow.

Kaspar_K 2 July, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   28

Can somebody please explain why there is a mouse cursor in the menu on a 2013 ps3 exclusive game? It just blows my mind how bad the GT user interface design is.

Revoco 2 July, 2013 @ 5:07 pm   29

@Kaspar_K… whats wrong with the interface… It’s clean and easy to use, and faster than GT5s a cursor ruins it THAT much for you. The more pressing issue is the frame stutters and drops especially when entering cockpit view.
Hopefully these are just pre release bugs and will get fixed…

Carnivius_Prime 2 July, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   30

@28 Oddly I was thinking how slick the menus feel. It’s not bad.

Anyways I downloaded it and had a go. Not sure why because I’ve never really cared for Gran Turismo or the whole ‘realistic driving simulator’ thing. Prefer Burnout. But I had a pleasant little race and with a couple of exciting bits I had to fight a bit to keep my car from spinning off. Yeah it was ok. Maybe if I drove in real life (the expense of it all is what’s been preventing that) I may get into cars a bit more and find more to enjoy in a game like this. But for now… I wanna just turbo boost over things like KITT from Knight Rider and this game don’t let me do that. :P Great for all those ‘serious’ racer fans though.

nerueen 3 July, 2013 @ 6:23 am   31

what the other things availlable on ps store? US psn have a great sale

Hey Penrose,

Just a update, Awesome demo, thanks.

I like the new engine alot, although it is definitely a very different look, the feel is the same.

I also like the new interface, but would like to see the end result of how the races and stuff will be laid out.

I have one thing to note though, the onscreen menu for the driving force GT’s little red dial does not work (or exists)

Please re-enforce this into GT6…. its a really nice thing to have, as i hate quieting a race to change Brake Bias and TC.

mh637099 3 July, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   33

Oh yeah! Now that’s what I’m talking about! And it’s 1 GB this year :D

GANTZn00b 3 July, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   34

does the GT6 demo support stereoscopic 3D and racing wheels , would love to try it onmy sony HMZ-T2 in 3D + logitech G25 recing wheel

Mackem1985 3 July, 2013 @ 4:18 pm   35

Is this the GT6 Silverstone demo announced on the Gran Turismo website (http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html)? I don’t see any sign of half of the cars announced on that list. In fact, all I could see were a Nissan Leaf, and a couple of 370Zs.

rixter81 15 July, 2013 @ 10:17 am   36