Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII trailer – ‘The Divine Return’

To celebrate this week’s Japan Expo, taking place in Paris, we’ve released a new trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. It’s called “The Divine Task”, and reveals more about the story, action and characters you’ll encounter in the game when it launches next year.

Make sure you check out:

• The reappearance of Hope… but not as you’d expect…
  • A new location, The Ark – the place from which Hope guides Lightning, but where time has stopped
  • Fang! What is she doing in the Dead Dunes, with a bandit group?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is set for launch on 14th February 2014, and don’t forget that we revealed the special pre-order incentives for Europe this week in the shape of Cloud Strife and Samurai content!

How will you spend your final days?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first
Artemisthemp 4 July, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   1

Fang YES :)
Now I just wait for a trailer with Vanille in it

very nice, i’ll wait until christmas to see if it can tempt me into a pre-order. february is still far away.

BTW Amazon UK only confirms the Samurai Set with the pre-order. they arent eligible for the Cloud Strife outfit bonus? cause that’s the one that’s really tempting. that victory fanfare XD

Phil Elliott 8 July, 2013 @ 11:27 am

Different retailers may offer different options for the pre-order, so if you’re looking for something specific if might be worth looking around.

BurnWitchBurn 4 July, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   4

The Final Fantasy games of this generation were, all of them, terrible.

Artemisthemp 4 July, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   5

#3 I sadly fear Game.co.uk will get Samurai Outfit and Pre Order pack AKA Big middle finger to all European

Phil Elliott 8 July, 2013 @ 11:28 am

I believe there are pre-order options across Europe, but check out your local retailer for details.

I can’t wait to get it. Will there be a collector edition? Will this game also be available on PS4?

Phil Elliott 8 July, 2013 @ 11:28 am

There won’t be a Collector’s Edition for this game, I’m afraid. The game has been announced for PS3 – I don’t have any details on PS4.

AaronSOLDIER 4 July, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   7

No thanks.

I wanna get this, because FF 13 X2 was great unlike 13… But it’s PS4 era already then and I have already pre-ordered PS4, so feels like downgrade to play with ps3 after I have PS4…

Domino2097 4 July, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   9

Was that Serah in the trailer cause it sure as hell didn’t sound like Laura Bailey?

CoolRichy008UK 4 July, 2013 @ 8:04 pm   10

ooh looks gd i might get it & @7 if you aint got anything nice 2 say about ps3 games or indy games dont say nothing at alll

alice_push_lara2 4 July, 2013 @ 10:21 pm   11

to all JRPG fans that wanted to enjoy a first class experience of a final fantasy game: buy the Asian (Chinese) Version of this game, it comes with English subtitle & Japanese voice cover (!!!!)

Cheers!

szczudel 5 July, 2013 @ 7:20 am   12

As for FF13-3 I will buy brand new game definitely – but not day one.

I bought FF13-2 in preorder and payed 110% of full price, what is more two months later retailers [even distributors] had the game for 60% of full price.

If we are having a guest from SE maybe we will get some information about FFX/X-2 HD release date, huh?

AaronSOLDIER 5 July, 2013 @ 3:42 pm   13

@10 lol you aren’t interested in the slightest you only replied to this article to take another shot at me.

I’ve been playing FF since before you were born and seen the series get worse and worse, so I think my opinion is perfectly justified and not just blind hate.

Oh and starting arguments in the comments is not allowed, like Fred told you before, if you don’t like what someone has to say, leave it.

Podyman 5 July, 2013 @ 8:29 pm   14

Ahh…somebody from Squeenix. So, maybe you intentionaly forget, but long time ago you company released Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japan. When we will hear about western release? And Chrono Cross and Xenogears imports on our european Singrats PS3s?

MitchZombie 6 July, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   15

Looks a lot better then the other two games, Still I enjoyed them, I look forward to playing this.
Need a new Star Ocean game !! and a FFVI remake :P

monoliet 6 July, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   16

i mis old ff games :( ( 7-8-9-10 )

ff reborn ( if them change mothly fee in 1 time 49,99/50 € abo every jear = then i maby go buy the online version ps3/ps4
also digital version of reborn wil be needed on ps3 = lots of stores not taking risico to sel the game )

monoliet 8 July, 2013 @ 7:27 pm   17

Phil Elliott

hi ,

Friends have convinced me to buy Ff reborn online.
Buth i have three questions :
1- Buying abo via ps3 store?
2-Will it soon be possible to move your character and acount of ps3 version to transfer to ps4?
3-People who buy the game they get a month free?

Thank you to want to clarify this.