Posted 9 July

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Limited Edition revealed

HD-2 screenshot

We’ve been waiting to be able to share this with you – so it’s great to now announce that pre-orders for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster are now open… and that we’re also releasing a Limited Edition across all European and PAL territories!

Included in the Limited Edition is a great collection of concept art from the original Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 games, all contained in a smart artwork book.

But if you want to get your hands on it, you’ll have to hurry, because stock is limited – so keep watching your favourite retailers as the pre-order links go online!

FFX2_hero_shot_ENG_3

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

56 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

Snelldiablo 9 July, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   1

If I buy the limited edition does it come with the Vita version as well?

Fred Dutton 9 July, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

Phil is away from his desk today but will be here to answer questions as soon as possible. However, I have chased clarification on the PS Vita version: the special edition is currently for PS3 only.

RablaAndrews 9 July, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   2

Any chance of a double-pack edition for the Playstation Vita games?

What about the psvita version then?

Johnova 9 July, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   4

@1
Agreed. It would be great if the Vita version was bundled with the limited edition too.

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:04 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but just to clarify the PS Vita and PS3 editions are sold separately – the PS Vita version isn’t part of the PS3 Limited Edition; and the Limited Edition is only available for the PS3.

RY3NO-412 9 July, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   5

Whoa, Nelly! They finally revealed it. How many pages for the artbook?

Thedeademon 9 July, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   6

I wish they will make the Vita a limited edition too

w1th0utnam3 9 July, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   7

I can only repeat what the others said. I would love to buy a nice bundle box with the PS3 and the Vita Version.

yaureUK 9 July, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   8

Can’t wait to get it on Vita, hope there is a limited edition for it too.

Baleoce 9 July, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   9

If the Vita version is thrown in with the PS3 limited edition as cross-buy, then I’d definitely pre-order.

azakajam 9 July, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   10

Are X and X-2 sold in a bundle for the Vita or sold separately? I’m not gonna bother if they’re sold separately….

bidbaldwolf86 9 July, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   11

C’mon Square. Where is the Vita version? It had better not be DD only or there’s gonna be a lot of unhappy people.

HarryT_UK 9 July, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   12

Will there be a bundle with the Vita version?

Stealth20k 9 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   13

Most of you will be disappointed when its announced vita is digital only

RY3NO-412 9 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   14

Dang nabbit! These petty 24-page art books are not really that convincing. No soundtrack with either of Squeenix’s remasters too (¬_¬)

Stealth20k 9 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   15

I hope you guys arent too upset

blendercat27 9 July, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   16

Was really hoping for a Yuna statue, and that incredible soundtrack on CD.

But this, is still AWESOME. I just hope it will be available in Australia. If I can’t get this Limited Edition, I will seriously cry. =(

pinkplaybunny 9 July, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   17

The book standing image looks very much like my Skyrim Guide!

Jamesyp00 9 July, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   18

Can’t wait, this is just icing on the cake now!
And ally ou vita guys better buy a copy for your ps3 too, they’ve said if this sells well then were sure to get a XII HD remake too!

Baleoce 9 July, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   19

#16 – It says Countries: AU, and also “PAL territories”. So it is coming to you in Australia :)

pinkplaybunny 9 July, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   20

So i’ve heard that there will be a cross save feature between the ps3 and vita versions, but does this require me to buy the game on both formats? Or is there going to be a digital version that has a cross buy option so its not stupid expensive to do?

MaxDiehard 9 July, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   21

Unless stated otherwise, there’s no mention that there is actually a Vita version in the pipeline.

chrisboers 9 July, 2013 @ 1:56 pm   22

@21: Cross-save has been announced already, so there WILL be a Vita version. Question is: Cross-buy? Or will there be a LE for the Vita version? Digital only? SE has to adress this, before I make a buying decision.

MaxDiehard 9 July, 2013 @ 1:59 pm   23

Unless there’s an official statement saying so, i’m not holding my breath.

MaxDiehard 9 July, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   24

Okay. I found an older blog post saying so. It just would have been nice to mention in in here for those unaware like me.

blendercat27 9 July, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   25

#19 = Aye, I missed that, in my excitement earlier. =(

I’ve already begun periodically refreshing search pages on JB Hifi and EBGames. Just waiting for this to appear so I can slam MAH MONEHZ down.

chrisboers 9 July, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   26

US price was revealed as $39.99, so expect that to transform 1-1 to Euros…

tarsanell 9 July, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   27

Is the Vita version getting a retail release?

Artemisthemp 9 July, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   28

@22 Vita version will be available as Retail. (Confirm for so long ago).

So have anyone in EU found a retailer with it?
I only found cdon in Denmark having a Collector’s Edition for PS3

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Keep checking your local retailer for the PS3 Limited Edition. Sometimes it takes a while for the updates to happen.

Artemisthemp 9 July, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   29

those who pre-order the game on PlayStation 3 for $39.99 will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package! (Quote from US blog).

So EU have to change Pre order to Limited Edition, while US get it free :(

Ikkarus 9 July, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   30

Can you please confirm two things for me:

1) Will the Vita version of Final Fantasy X and X-2 be available as a physical format?

2) If they are available in a physical format are there any plans to have a special edition version for each?

Thanks!

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Hello – the format of the PS Vita release hasn’t yet been announced, so we’ll try to answer your questions soon!

ThugETH 9 July, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   31

I’m only interested in buying the Vita version as I 100% both of the games on PS2. I want the Vita versions so I can play it anywhere anytime. I still have the piggyback official guide for X which has nice artwork in it too.
On a side note why would anyone preorder this when the release date is unknown?

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

The release is set for 2013, but I don’t have anything more precise just yet I’m afraid.

bidbaldwolf86 9 July, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   32

@ThugETH

I still have my Piggback guide as well :) I want the Vita versions for the same reason. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on this when it came out and I’ve always wanted to be able to take these games with me.

declan__watson 9 July, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   33

Hey Phil
Great bundle not been a man of Final Fantasy but it looks like an awesomr game to play, maybe might pick it up maybe at christmas but to everyone getting it om launch, hope its a fantastic game. Yet another testement to Sony and Square Enixs amazing partnership and also due to Sony as Square Enixs 3rd Largest shareholder. ;)

Chocobo115 9 July, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   34

Already got it preordered, but my retailer charged 5 euro extra for the Limited/Collector’s Edition :( (Hopefully they’ll correct the price).

Long till we get a release date? Played the originals but I feel excited revisiting the world and this time i’m gonna do all the extra bosses and such.

KylieDog 9 July, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   35

There is no cross buy, if you want the game on PS3 and Vita you need buy:

FFX/X-2 on PS3
FFX Vita
FF X-2 Vita

Vita versions will not even be sold as a bundle. Looking at retailer pre-order prices (shopto as example) the Vita games will each cost the same as the PS3 bundle that includes both. So you’ll be paying double on Vita.

deimian86 9 July, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   36

Don’t forget Vita retail version on Europe Square Enix.

nakano1987 9 July, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   37

Next wishing a Final Fantasy XII, Type-0 & Crisis Core HD Collection for PS3 after this :) PS. No need to dub Type-0, subs will be sufficient.

RustyTachikoma 9 July, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   38

Come on guys. People want clarification on the Vita version. Are both games sold separately? Is there going to be a physical release for Europe? Will there be some delay?

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

Both games are sold separately, but we haven’t announced the format of releases yet. I don’t have any details on release date other than “2013″.

dark_angel69 9 July, 2013 @ 5:00 pm   39

If there is no cross buy for this game, how about making another limited edition that includes this book and the vita version of the game?

Nobody wants to buy the same thing twice and doing that can help people buy it twice at a cheaper price than it would be on its own

THE_FORCE 9 July, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   40

I read ages ago from an official source that X and X-2 for the Vita will be available as two separate titles. However, there may be a chance that you can purchase the two together for a reduced price.

This tends to lend itself to the notion that it will be Digital Download only.

Personally, if the price is right, I’m favourable with this setup as I’m only interested in X-2. If I can purchase the Vita version for roughly half the price of the PS3 physical bundle, I’m a happy bunwah. :)

SwingerE11 9 July, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   41

I’d get this for vita if it comes with both games.

DarkMilo13 9 July, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   42

yeah sony tell square enix to give us a release date of a physical vita version where is our vita version don’t go fully digital

ssorc_bro 9 July, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   43

Vita versions have been confirmed multiple times that they’re being sold individually, and therefore, means they’ll be download only, makes sense. If that’s deal beaker, then guess you won’t be enjoying these awesome classics with the rest of us.

Kinda hoping a release date or at least a confirmation of participating retailers would be mentioned, as you guys did with the Kingdom Hearts ReMIX Limited Edition.

Phil Elliott 9 July, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

“2013″ is the only release information available right now I’m afraid. Sorry!

mazegami 9 July, 2013 @ 8:26 pm   44

Which sites are getting this!? Nothing on amazon yet and if I miss this I might have to have a cry about it…

alice_push_lara2 9 July, 2013 @ 9:43 pm   45

vita needs LOVE sony!!!!!!!!

Kathyff 9 July, 2013 @ 11:40 pm   46

I really feel they could have done better with this limited edition…there is so much more they could have added, apart from just an art book. Don’t think I will bother…

triplejmzu8 10 July, 2013 @ 1:12 am   47

This game will be my highlight of the year. <3

Alienshade 10 July, 2013 @ 1:26 am   48

Ehhhh this is not ok I want the date move along folks nothing new to see here……..ATLUS has taken your plase in turn based games. FF series dont interest me any longer FFXII is ok if it comes to vita in HD so I can finish that game…….

unggoyy 10 July, 2013 @ 1:33 am   49

how about the trophies, separate lists or shared?

AlphaChris 10 July, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   50

Ah… Final Fantasy X. When I played through that game back on the PS2 I thought that I had played an almost perfect game. This game is a true Masterpiece and I am looking forward to earning this platinum trophy (So please don’t spoil me with an impossible trophy list^^).

Load all