Posted 10:00am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Greetings readers. Too busy sunbathing to keep on top of your PlayStation news this week? You’ve come to the right place. This week’s headlines included first word on the next entry in the Ratchet & Clank series, news on Killzone: Shadow Fall’s esteemed voice cast, a new track reveal for Gran Turismo 6, a fascinating behind the scenes look at the making of Beyond: Two Souls, and a handful of tasty new PS Store sales.

See you back here next week – we’re hoping to have a few of the biggest names in the PlayStation universe stop by to say hello, so please stay tuned!

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

53 Comments 21 Author replies
Show oldest first

So more news about Instant Game Collection of August? :)

Samabyte 14 July, 2013 @ 10:25 am   2

Liked the 20 things about PS4 vid – actually made me think about buying one!

Will we hear about the new PS+ stuff this week? Maybe shooter free after this month? :P

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:20 am

Yes, you should hear this week. Great mix of genres this month, I think.

Nightmare966 14 July, 2013 @ 10:32 am   3

And another week that goes! Quite a calm one, but good nonetheless! That Ratchet announcement was completely unexpected and you can be sure I want to know a lot more about it :D Talk about giving PS3 another surprise yet. I see those of us who can’t get a PS4 in its first year will be busy still.

Before asking a few things: Remember last recap (two weeks ago) that I asked if you could report an issue to the Store team and insisted to call customer support again? Spot on advice — that made them notice there was something wrong on the pages and were fixed for everyone. So kudos :P

Question/feedback time!

[On the next post]

Nightmare966 14 July, 2013 @ 10:33 am   4

[Continued]

1- Could you please take a look at the Blog’s Facebook extension? It’s not loading and it gives us a issue where direct links to comments don’t send you directly there as the page keeps loading to infinity!

2- Weekend Playlist! Summer seems like the right time to have it back as it’s usually calmer — please consider it!

3- We’ve had two key sales with the PS2/Naughty Dog ones but… there’s no Ratchet, no Jak, no Sly, no Devil May Cry — those are key titles, and they’re missed. It’s like having a chocolate icecream with no chocolate. And almost everyone likes chocolate.

Also… Is my memory failing, or have you already been here (on SCEE/Blog) one whole year? :D

PS: Seeing the Weekend Debate this week, I hope it’s not too hot on London guys!

PS2: I hope the users that wanted to throw vegetables on you for the Nexus disc thing have not found you yet :P

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:24 am

1. I’ll check it out with the tech team – thanks for raising
    2. I’ll do my best – been a bit swamped of late!
    3. Sorry you’ve not found something you liked. All I can say is we have new sales pretty much every week – hopefully something will come along soon that will take your interest.

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:28 am

Also, amazing memory! I think this week is indeed my one year anniversary! It’s been fun…

ALFAHAD20 14 July, 2013 @ 10:35 am   5

Woooooooooow

ALFAHAD20 14 July, 2013 @ 10:42 am   6

Nice one

skells22 14 July, 2013 @ 11:50 am   7

Well, happy to see the GTA V gameplay video and happy that there is a new ratchet game out. At the mo I not buying anything until i get the firm date of ratchet gladiator due to my almost full hard drive

Hexahedronaut 14 July, 2013 @ 11:51 am   8

Highlights of the week for me were.

Signing up to the killzone merc beta
The GTAV gameplay video
The new Ratchet and clank game announcement
Divekick vita release date 20 Aug
Retro city rampage will be getting a graphics update
Telsagrad announcement
Getting Uncharted 2 + a few packs of DLC for £7.19
And metro last light DLC announcement, first pack next week!

so a pretty good week overall.

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:24 am

Yes, sorry we couldn’t get the Divekick news out on the Blog. We’ll have those guys back on the site soon. Looking forward to that one!

supersmith2500 14 July, 2013 @ 11:52 am   9

Could we happen to see DmC, Little King’s Story, When Vikings Attack and Spec Ops and maybe even Munch’s Oddysee next month. I bet those titles are on IGC next. That’s according to the image leak and it got the first month very well correct: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/19/augusts-playstation-plus-could-include-dmc-and-spec-ops-the-line/

If true and got them all right, consider myself a mind reader. I bet Munch’s Oddysee will be on IGC alongside.

Juhal_1234 14 July, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   10

Is there a chance that we can get secret agent clank on ps store, it’s a psp title and it’s also on the north American store yet not in the uk store, I hope there is a possibility that it will be released on ps store as it can be perfect to play on the vita

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:26 am

It’s not on my radar at present, but if news comes in I will pass it on!

eMcUbE3 14 July, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   11

Hey guys…just check ur naughty dog sale as everything is beng the same regular price..

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 14 July, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   12

Ah still need to play The Walking Dead: 400 Days. I will try to get that done next week.

I’m guessing Jet Set Radio for the IGC, if it’s to be announced this week and due on 31st July. Would love to see Sonic Generations as I can’t recall ever seeing the PS3 version on sale.

eMcUbE3 14 July, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   13

Uncharted 2 is still the same 20 bucks…cmon guys..u make us excited and this is what u do…

eMcUbE3 14 July, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   14

Uncharted 2 is still 20 bucks…cmon guys u make us excited and this is what happpens..

Nightmare966 14 July, 2013 @ 1:54 pm   15

@13: You should note in which Store it’s showing up as 20€, because on mine it’s at the discounted price.

PIREDERAS 14 July, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   16

Fred, thanks for the recent sales! Awesome!

When are we to get news about August’s PS Plus offerings? July’s were not up to my taste (please, no more shooters of any kind, we already have too many of them).

Is it possible to see any future Sly Cooper (apart from Thieves in Time) or Jak & Daxter game (or any platformer), like the Nth Ratchet & Clank game? Why forget about them and R&C gets Mario-ed?!

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:27 am

Should be a little later this week. Nice varied line up this month – hopefully there’ll be something for you!

supersmith2500 14 July, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   17

Fred, will the Summer sale have BETTER deals and Vita games? The PS2 and Naughty Dog sales were highly disappointing.

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:29 am

I haven’t seen a full list of content yet. We do our best to offer you all some nice deals – again, hopefully there’ll be something there to your liking.

supersmith2500 14 July, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   18

One more thing, please no stupid Easter Egg hunt or Xmas and that sort of every 2 days that sort of sale. Vita games will just miss out anyways and can you please avoid putting the same games on sale please?

@PIREDERAS
There haven’t been that many shooters in the past few months, so it was okay to offer some of those again.
Though I didn’t like any of July’s Vita content, those 2 were rather poor.

I wonder if Chris will be around when August’s content is revealed. Can’t remember to have seen him reply to anything for many weeks now.

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 9:30 am

Yep, he’s back at his desk now. We’ve chained him to it for a few months ;)

eMcUbE3 14 July, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   20

@Nightmare966 hey its the middle east store (AE) .. its still showin up for 20.

Alex-1124 14 July, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   21

Any idea if GTAV will day 1 digital title/up for pre-order on PSN?

PHEEliNUX 14 July, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   23

About the ZoE HD collection sale, When it will be over?
I don’t think i can buy it immediately

Podyman 14 July, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   24

I waited some time, and like usually nothing happened. So it’s time to start another round:

Five updates to PSN store app without positive effect to speed, numerous useless FW updates without adding new major functions to PS3 (turn trophies showing off – who wanted that?), but you can’t add simple option to delete Singstar thing from XMB. I know you can, but you don’t want. I don’t understand why? Why are you still make fun of us? Why the hell i must look at those two girls everytime i eject disc from PS3? Do you must remind me your arrogance and deafness about many customer complaints everytime i eject disc from PS3? I will never “play” Singstar, it insults me, so why i can’t have option to delete it? Keeping this Singstar thing forced for people who hates it isn’t logicaly defensible and i think it’s completely contraproductive. Could this madness finally end?

Nightmare966 14 July, 2013 @ 9:21 pm   25

@PHEEliNUX: The PS2 sale is on until until the 24th.

Phene90x 15 July, 2013 @ 1:54 am   26

Here’s an idea how about blazblue cs extended for ps plus in august :)

Miro33no 15 July, 2013 @ 5:58 am   27

Hey there guys, That Uncharted 2 sale does not work for me :( My PSN is set to Czech Republic and I still see it priced at 500kc (20€). Is there any chance it will get fixed until 19th when the sale should end ? Thanks for the response. :)

furland 15 July, 2013 @ 6:21 am   28

what s happening with the poker lol 6 eks now

furland 15 July, 2013 @ 6:28 am   29

hi does this realy work or not

MR-NONO77 15 July, 2013 @ 9:46 am   30

After waiting for a few days uncharted 2 still doesn’t show the correct discounted price on Dutch psn store..current price on the store= €17,99 and not the advertised discounted price on this blog for €9,99,Checked on the uk store and they indeed did get the correct discounted price..,you messed up real bad Sony since the sale is almost over and a large number of countries got screwed over by not updating the stores with the correct price.
Fix it while you still can..uk gets it for cheap and do I expect the same treatment.

Hell-Raiser-85 15 July, 2013 @ 10:22 am   32

Is it safe to buy Dokuro on vita or wait for PS+?

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 10:40 am

It’s not in the August line-up. Couldn’t say for sure right now beyond that!

monoliet 15 July, 2013 @ 10:36 am   33

noting special

ff a realm reborn closed beta = i like a lot

i hope squire enix make jear abo 96 € ( ore 8 € month )
also ps3 carakter advencement + abo transfer to ps4

also Podyman = i hate sing spam also + future spam on ps4 of the game whith robots ( to promote + sel ps4 camera , but i wil refuse to buy camera if u force somting i do not want on mi ps4 !! make ith optional aps u can dowload free .)

MASPALOMAZ 15 July, 2013 @ 11:17 am   34

So with the summer sale starting on wednesday (probably), will we see 4 weeks of summer sale, without any complaints in this blog?! xD Nice week everyone ;)

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Ah, to clarify – the summer sale kicks off at the end of July, not Wednesday.

MASPALOMAZ 15 July, 2013 @ 11:19 am   35

And on a sidenote, that Plus game Saints Row 3 is really excellent, it is a lot of fun and totally different from SR2 which I personally didnt like at all, but just driving thru the huge city in SR3 is just excellent plus a very nice choice of music. Will definately look into buying SR4 when it comes out even tho I didnt even have this franchise on the “horizon” at all before getting sr3 for free.

Nightmare966 15 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   36

@Fred: Completely certain of that? There’s an image on the Store that says: Summer Sale: 17-07 – 28-07.

That was a letdown. Oh well, let’s see what you guys have in store for us this wednesday then!

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

Yes, at least that’s what Chris has just told me. There’ll be at least one new deal this week, but the summer sale proper kicks of later in the month.

PHEEliNUX 15 July, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   37

@Nightmare966
Thanks

ThugETH 15 July, 2013 @ 12:47 pm   38

I’m considering buying Zone of the Enders HD collection from the current sale as I loved the games on PS2 and would love ZOE3 to come to PS3 or 4 but can anyone confirm if we will get the same patch Japan just got that fixes the slowdown and makes the games run at a solid 60fps?

Chris is chained, while this week’s video update contains Django Unchained? I fear whereto this might lead Fred! ;)

PHEEliNUX 15 July, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   40

@ThugETH Konami isn’t Atlus, We will get it eventually

Albertflintstone 15 July, 2013 @ 12:54 pm   41

hi Fred where can I get the Fred flintstone avatar from. It would go perfect with my psn name .

Nightmare966 15 July, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   42

@40, 38: There is an almost 600MB patch for version 2.0 out right now…

Thanks for the reply Fred :)

@Albertflintstone
Sony staff and guests on the blog can chose whatever image they want to use as their avatar. Fred Flintstone isn’t purchasable.

Can’t wait that the PS4 will allow us to pick our individual avatars.

richrich1991 15 July, 2013 @ 2:49 pm   44

Fred if its possible could we have timesplitters 123 and GHOSTHUNTER ported to the PSN store as I miss playing these 4 great games :)

Fred Dutton 15 July, 2013 @ 4:00 pm

Great games indeed! I’ve got no news on whether they’re in the pipeline, but if I hear anything I will of course pass it on.

Flugsvampen_97 15 July, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   45

Congratulations Fred on your first anniversary as Blog Manager! It’s around thist time in July since you started, right? Just want to say that you have been a great blog manager so far, just a few minor mistakes like that Nexus disc thing. ;)
Also want to thank you again for what happend less than two months ago if you remember me… ;)
Hoping that you can stay as blog manager here with us another year if not more!
Keep up the good work! :)

nakano1987 15 July, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   46

That TimeSplitters seems to be a very much requested series. And I don’t see why not as those have great 4-player split screen support. Hopefully, you’re trying to get the series as a PS2 classic. Perfect Dark Zero from Xbox360 would also be interesting if the “exclusive” time has expired.

Hi Fred,

Is Plus getting a discount in summer sale? Need to renew mine…

solarwind12 15 July, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   48

wow, 20 replies (and counting ?), hope that’s a sign of business as usual Fred, as tbh i’ve been a bit upset with the drop in interaction the last 4or5 weeks, may of even posted something that’s gotten my ps3′s browser connection to EUBLOG ‘jammed’, both of them simply won’t work when attempting to browse this blog, but work fine on every other site i use them for, or are others having similar problems, every other device connects fine, also, i have mentioned it before but, i now have duplicates of plus games in my downloaded list, went from 1125 to 1650 items overnight, about 3 weeks ago, anyone else ?

Keep up the great work, PS+ is awesome!

Are there any chances we might see more ps1 and psp (like FF tactics, Patapon etc.) titles?
I’d love to play those on the Vita.

Player42791 15 July, 2013 @ 11:13 pm   50

Hi Fred

Is there any news on Ibb & Obb?

Fred Dutton 16 July, 2013 @ 9:09 am

It’s due very soon! I know SCEA announced a date yesterday and we’ll confirm an EU date asap. Hopefully it will be the same week.

Load all