Posted 11:56am

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD release date confirmed

monsters1

We announced PixelJunk Monsters‘ impending arrival on the PlayStation Vita back in June and we were met with an amazing response from fans and the press, waiting with bated breath to see the tower defence classic come to life on the portable handheld. Well, the wait is officially over and we now have official release dates for the game!

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD will be available on PlayStation Store on 31st July, priced at £9.99/€12.99.

monsters2

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD has been faithfully recreated for PlayStation Vita in high definition, with 30+ hours of gameplay, online and ad-hoc co-op play and everything you loved about all the previous editions. Our very talented team put a lot of work into making this the definitive edition of Monsters!

monsters3

Seeing the game in stores in just two weeks’ time marks our first independently released title as a studio, an epic milestone for us! To celebrate, we will be announcing some very cool giveaways, so feel free to follow us at @PJMonsters, where more info will follow shortly!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Unicronic 17 July, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   1

Wow, that’s like only 2 weeks away.

PJM was one of my first and favourite games during the early days of PS3. It is quite fitting that it be one of the last games I play before moving on to PS4.

Great news Kirsten!

JoaoJBispo 17 July, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   2

I already have this game and I play it with my wife (PS Vita and PSP in two players mode). We play an adult strip version. I’ll post the rules later on. ;)

Can I still play this in two players mode, with a PS Vita (using the HD version) and a PSP (using the “SD version”?

Actually what I would love for the vita would be PixelJunk Eden….hint hint, hint

I have every PixelJunk game and my two favourites are Eden and the first Shooter. Brilliant games

Please bring Eden to to the vita!

Thank you so much for this and confirmation of Local and Online Co-Op.

I love this game. It will be in my personal 10 VITA Launch games when I can finally afford that VITA.
(The others will be LittleBigPlanet, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman Legends, Ys: Memories of Celceta, FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster).

I wish I could afford one. :,(

(I already have Guacamelee!, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and Rayman Origins thanks to Cross-Buy and Playstation Plus).

Then, I’ll get Toukiden, Stealth Inc, Persona 4: Golden, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Dragon’s Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, God Eater 2, Terraria, and Silent Hill: Book of Memories down the line, alongside some imports like The Legend of Heroes Trilogy, Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R, Lord of Apocalypse, and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2.

Anyway, thanks for Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD.

(One slight complaint. It would be awesome if you also released it on PS3 / PS4 too as Cross-Buy / Cross-Play, but ok… :p)

*sigh* I wish I had a VITA. :(

thomaas23 17 July, 2013 @ 12:45 pm   5

I like this, but price seems to me little bit high for PSP remake, is there planed any discount, at least for ps plus?

winkelwagentje 17 July, 2013 @ 1:01 pm   6

Blimey! Did not expect a release so soon. Looking forward to it – Monsters is brilliant (as is everything by Q-games)!

Curious how the online multiplayer turns out. I know the PSP version had online, but I never really dug into it. Communication is key in co-op; looking forward to see how that works.

INS1GHTFUL 17 July, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   7

Will there be cross buy on this?
Ive got it for PSP and PS3 and would happily play it again (amazing game!) but £10 is way too high for a game I completed twice.

pineanas 17 July, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   8

Hi! I love the work the PS EU team is doing, but you really have to look at the pricing model for small games. A remake of an old psp game for 13euro is just insane…
I can understand guacamelee or journey go for 10 euros, but games like this, when vikings attack, plants vs zombies etc are simply mobile games that are sold between 1-3 euro on iOS/android.

Im not complaining just for the sake of it, but 12euro is the price for which i got a used R&C Crack in time, for 20 you can get full new ps3 games at discounts.(Like your sale on Tomb Raider!)

If such small games were around 3 euro I would buy them all, spending quite some money. I buy most of my vita games digital.
At 10+ I will not buy any sadly and i think many consumers feel that way:)

Any discount/corssbuy for people who already own the game? im nto big on buying games I already own (and i’m fairly sure i can use remote play with)

pineanas 17 July, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   10

By the way is the touchscreen utilised in the HD port? Od do we have to use the analog sticks?

VitalogyPJ 17 July, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   11

I was excited for this game but I lost it. In my opinion €13 is a bit too much for this game, €6,99 would be more appealing.

patatdrolleke83 17 July, 2013 @ 3:51 pm   12

Like others say: 13 EUR is a bit too much and would like to see cross buy with the PS3 version.

Bambeakz 17 July, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   13

€13 made it a nogo for me either. I will come back when its on sale or in Ps+

Sutorcen 18 July, 2013 @ 8:02 am   14

Great news. I agree that the price is high, a sub 10 Euros would be perfect for this title. As for the cross-buy or PS3 version that everyone wants I have to disagree. We need more titles to be Vita exclusive, a PS3 version defeats that purpose.

I was actually looking forward to this :( . But no way i’m paying that price. Should be under €10.

miky_magawolaz 18 July, 2013 @ 7:34 pm   16

13€? LMAO

shanechenko73 19 July, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   17

I cannot wait, best tower defence game ever!