Posted 11:59am

PlayStation Plus in August: Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Mafia II, more!

PS-Plus-1024x576
Hi everyone! The summer is upon us and the sun is shining, but that doesn’t mean we are going to kick back and relax! PlayStation Plus is the service that keeps on giving, and we’ve some great additions to the Instant Game Collection this month, alongside heaps of discounts!

We have another impressive line-up of titles for you to enjoy throughout next month. As usual, there are three new PS3 games and two new PS Vita titles to enjoy, as well as great titles such as Payday the Heist and Saints Row the Third that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 games:
First up, I am extremely happy to announce that your lead title for this month is the adrenaline-packed, open-world racing experience Need for Speed: Most Wanted!

Built by Criterion Studios, Need for Speed: Most Wanted was widely lauded as the best driving game of 2012. You’ll need to outrun the cops, outdrive friends, and outsmart your rivals. With a relentless police force gunning to take you down, you’ll need to make split second decisions and use the open world to your advantage.

Also, make sure you visit the PlayStation Store for some great savings on a huge amount of DLC from Need for Speed: Most Wanted, The Run and Hot Pursuit for one week only from 31st July.

Your next PS3 offering is Mafia II - a beautifully crafted look into a dark criminal underworld. You will take on the role of Vito, a poor Italian American immigrant who is trying to escape a life of poverty. A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend Joe, will descend into the world of organised crime in a bid to prove themselves to the mob.

Mafia-2-1800x2880

Your final offering for this month is acclaimed shooter Spec Ops: The Line from our friends at 2K.

The game follows Captain Martin Walker as he is sent into a post-catastrophe Dubai with an elite Delta Force team on a reconnaissance mission. However, the situation escalates into a hunt for a rogue US officer, Colonel John Konrad. I won’t ruin the storyline but trust me when I say it’s intense and utterly gripping.

spec-ops-1

New PS Vita games
First up for PS Vita is Lego Lord of the Rings where you’ll journey through Peter Jackson’s original epic trilogy of films, with all the usual humor and creativity you’d expect from the Lego series.

llotr-1

And last but certainly not least we are very happy to announce that you will also be able to download the all-action adventure When Vikings Attack!

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in July/August:

Entering PS Plus in July/August:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site  to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99 / €49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store. Get the most out of your PS3 and PS Vita with PS Plus’ Instant Game Collection!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

383 Comments 20 Author replies
Show oldest first

XDerKleineX 17 July, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

You just couldn’t get the Vita version of Need for Speed Most Wanted, right?

turbogeek421 17 July, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   2

Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Mafia 2 = EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

*cough*

I’m quite happy with those.

sentry-23 17 July, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   3

And my backlog keeps growing…
Great update again :)

Damn it! The one month where you deviate away from the supposedly leaked schedule and it’s the only month where there’s a PS3 game that I wanted/didn’t already own. I was looking forward to getting hold of DMC.

Spec Ops is a nice addition, but got everything else. :(

chrisboers 17 July, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   5

So, the spoiler was only partly right this time. Shame about DmC, but NFS: MW is a great game! Also very happy about Lego LotR. I just finished Lego Batman 2, so LotR will land quite nicely :-)

For thos that didn’t play When Vikings.. yet: It’s terribly great fun!

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

When Vikings Attack certainly is a fun little game and because its Cross Buy you lucky people will be getting both the PS3 and PS VITA versions :)

Silent_Gig 17 July, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   6

Exellent selection, really interested in Spec Ops and Mafia 2.
The vita stuff is a little weak but im willing to try my hand at some lego lotr.

MASPALOMAZ 17 July, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   7

Just wow. Thats a very nice month and enough reason to add 3 more months to plus :) Ty

Ants_Pai 17 July, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   8

Har har the rumors were false! Which is alright by me :3 The Vita line up is still great and the ps3 titles are tight, all games I don’t have and probably wouldn’t have tried otherwise ^^ thanks PlayStation!!

No DmC? That’s really, really lame.

Also it’s fair to say you should keep around Ninja Gaiden an extra for week for New Zealnders after not giving it to us for the first week. Then there’s all the Unit 13 issues.

Brodiesan 17 July, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   10

Great update – kudos guys.

hilts663 17 July, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   11

Most Wanted is GREAT! My stats show 260 hours played (SP+MP)…Too bad i paid the full price for the dlc’s :(

johnnycide 17 July, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   12

Nice update! Really looking forward to playing Mafia II and Spec Ops!

chrisboers 17 July, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   13

Oh, now I think of it: When Vikings.. is cross-buy, isn’t it? So the PS3 version is included?

Very nice month for Plus!
Yeah, discounts on Most Wanted DLCs. I will buy them all, if they will get a fair price. Thanks.

Wow, NFS Most Wanted! I didn’t expect that game, but I already own it.
But thanks for Spec Ops: The Line, Lego Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack! :)

Oh, can we expect DMC in September then?

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

We would ruin the surprise if we told you what the September content is now wouldn’t we???

Lego lord of the rings!! AWESOME!

AntGreenfield 17 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   17

First month in a long time there’s nothing for me on PS3 having already played all the titles but I’ll happily enjoy Lego LotR & Vikings on my Vita. Cracking month again for those who haven’t played Need for Speed and particularly Spec Ops, one of the best shooters out there I think, really enjoyed it when I played it on Xbox

Unicronic 17 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   18

WOW. A great month again for plus. For the last 6 months or so I’ve had to just pick one of two plus games to play as there are two many in my ‘to play’ pile.

Great stuff.

Tagged_Deaf 17 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   19

Already completed Mafia 2 long, long ago but I think I would download it and try to get 100% on it

Already owned Spec Ops and it’s pretty damn impressive and the story is brilliant, I would recommend it every time.

Need for Speed? Count me in.

Nice update!

PanaSlayer 17 July, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   20

awesome!!! So glad I didn’t buy NFS when it came out!! :-P

More games to add to that backlog (and even more reason to remain a member, lol )

thomaas23 17 July, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   21

Another great month, already have lego lotr, but many thanks for mafia!

blackmamba707 17 July, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   22

poor update, wanted to resub this month but I won’t, no Devil May Cry, NFS is ok but aAfia is too similar to what you offered before (Sleeping Dogs) and uhhh Lego games…yuck

Rochala 17 July, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   23

I dont like to complain but two more shooters after july’s seems too much for me. Not that i wont try them of course, but a little mroe diversity is nice :)

luckysalt81 17 July, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   24

Anyone think they changed the line up just to say you DIDNT know the line up.

Gutted no little kings story, its so expensive to buy hope it comes to plus soon.

Happy with Most Wanted and LLOTR tho

SlimeTyrant 17 July, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   25

Thankyou, another great Plus month.

ryryryan 17 July, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   26

Awesome vita line up, as well as a good PS3 line up too. Good month!

Nightmare966 17 July, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   27

Thanks Chris! Need for Speeed will be a great addition for my collection, and I see that you truly heard the LEGO voices :D

TwistedBomberrZ 17 July, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   28

NFS, Fantastic!!

Krish123 17 July, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   29

My backlog is huge and it’s just gotten bigger. Great update, heard great things for Spec Ops and NFS. And my PS+ ends in September so I’ve got to renew soon! Plus PS4 soon. D:

arbyandchief93 17 July, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   30

Was kinda excited to see Lego Lord of the Rings but then I noticed its the Vita version….Really? Don’t get me wrong I own a Vita and love it but I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the Vita port of lotr compared to the PS3 version, ah well the PS3 lineup is pretty good!

AnTi_FlaG_20 17 July, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   31

Excellent games, well done:)

glasgowdave 17 July, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   32

Yet another solid line up, was just considering getting The Lord of The Rings of the store. Plenty for me to be playing in August.

tombraiders 17 July, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   33

Can I make some wishes for some older games like Mirror’s Edge, Heavy Rain, GTA IV and Dead Space! Also Bethesda Games (Skyrim, Fallout 3), Max Payne 3, Dead Space 3, DmC: Devil May Cry, Crysis 3 and PS All-Stars!

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Mirror’s Edge is a good shout
    Heavy Rain is only available in a few countries
    GTA IV – could be waiting some tiiiiime!
    Dead Space 2 has already been in the IGC

djdarkmatter 17 July, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   34

Is there any chance of the Lego Lord Of The Rings game being the PS3 release too? I don’t yet have a vita but love to go through some of the Lego games.

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

I’m afraid the deal with have with the publisher is for the VITA version only

Unbelievably good month but gutted that I have already got most wanted and mafia 2, oh well spec ops the line seems to be fantastic as well as LOTR thanks Plus.

Epic update! I’m going to download Mafia 2 en spec ops for sure. Any chance for Lego LOTR ps3 version for Plus in the future?

TheMART 17 July, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   37

PS3 stuff is alright.

But the PSVita game…

Score 5.4 out of 10

Why give such a crap poo poo game away? Has SCEE gone through all games that are decent, good or great yet for PSVita that aren’t brand new? Can’t be.

That is utter, utter crap, I won’t even spend the time on downloading it. And don’t say it has an audience that likes it, kids buy a 3DS, PSVita is bought by mostly grown up gamers. Months up till now were pretty good on PSVita in PS+ for the free games. The sales for PSVita suck constantly compared to USA, but if even the free games turn into a pile of crap that no one wants to play…

Just to know guys, nfs most wanted multiplayer is broken.It is required for you to buy the car dlc in order to be good,since most of the people online have it.Its the fastest car in the game by far

szczudel 17 July, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   39

And to make thing clear – I do not blame Capcom – i would have done the same.

And this is , fellow gamers, how leaks can harm all of us.
Some things are meant to be be kept secret.

Gary485 17 July, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   40

Strong PS3 lineup. Not too bad a Vita lineup but not particularly good. What are the chances of NFS Vita on Plus in the near future?

Overall a good month, but to provide some “real” feedback I’ll cover what comes to my mind:

* When the people asked for a Lego game I somehow doubt that most of them had the Vita as the platform in mind.
While the PS3 versions are actually considered good, this surely isn’t the case for the Vita versions. Last month already offered 2 Vita games the 6x% range and now we got this with 54%?

* Mafia 2 is a bit disappointing. It’s old and hasn’t the the best quality. L.A. Noire would have been a far better candidate.

But that we got NFS Most Wanted is wonderful and Spec Ops as well. Those 2 make it a really good month.

But please take more care for the Vita in future, I’d be hugely disappointed if that was my only system.
My humble suggestion: Some RPG for the Vita, as we had none for that system yet. At the very least I’d require a good Persona 4 Golden sale.

EMORTAL9 17 July, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   42

great update lego is amazing we are waiting for resistance vita (any chance?) thanks chris

KaneTheGoth 17 July, 2013 @ 12:21 pm   43

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

I will confirm once and for all that DMC was never on the cards for this month

oh… i was hoping for New Little King’s story =( maybe you guys could do a good sale for it this summer? not a big fan of Lego games but I’ll check that out.
I guess the hype of the rumoured titles kind of killed the actual offers for me.

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

Just beacuse it’s not here now doesn’t mean it won’t be in the future ;)

Hexahedronaut 17 July, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   46

WHAT! I mean seriously just yesterday I was remembering how awsone mafia 2 was and I was gona buy it Friday, uncanny seriously!

icecrasher_zero 17 July, 2013 @ 12:25 pm   47

I just bought Mafia 2 ;/

Lance_87 17 July, 2013 @ 12:25 pm   48

#38: the most broken car is in the base game anyway, the Bugatti Veyron.

Anyway the game is not broken because of that, but it’s because of damn glitches. Since the v1.03 update and the triple DLC pack, some features are no longer working properly (like total mileage when you boot the game) and Concours still give problems (it was never ever fixed since release), they silently dropped support on this game and moved to Rivals. Also the Autolog site cannot be used anymore. Isn’t it illegal to offer games with faulty features?

hilts663 17 July, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   49

@38 You are so wrong… You can easily beat Hennesey or other Ultimate Speed dlc cars with Veyron or with Agera… If you keep crashing that is not the car’s fault…

ricardz 17 July, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   50

Unfortunatly for me i already have (and finished) Mafia 2 and Spec Ops (2 great games of this generation), but Most wanted was on my list of PSN Plus “most wanted games”.
I hoping for DMC like it was rumored…i can still wait one more month…

Here’s my list of Most Wanted Games for PSN PLUS PS3 (i hope my list of games of plus can be playable in my future PS4 by Gaikai)

- Ni No Kuni

Maybe later…
- Ramember me
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Grid 2
- Fuse
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Thanks a lot and great job for all you guys at EU Blog Playstation and PSN Plus great service. This is one of the best reasons to continue to be your customer with the PS4.

Hi there, just wanted to ask, do UAE gamers get a substitute for Spec Ops, since the game isn’t available in our PSN store?

I wouldn’t mind a download code for the UK Store version either ;)

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

As Spec Ops is not available in UAE our friends at 2K have kindly supplied NBA 2K13 as a replacement for you

CraigyGInDaHut 17 July, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   52

Im so glad about most wanted. Played it on my xbox and vita and been meaning to get it for my ps3

I’ve actually been wanting to play Mafia II but never got around to picking it up.

I’ve played Lego LOTR on the PS3, hopefully its as fun on the vita (currently playing Lego Legend of Chima on the vita) and have to admit that Lego games are best played in co-op.

Not really into racing (I’m probably the only person who played Burnout for Road Rage and Crashing) but as Criterion have made NFS, willing to give it ago (I have every console version of Burnout – bring back traffic attack please!)

Request for sales on dlc from Kingdom of Amalur, Dragons Age II and being cheeky Mafia II

Chris, I don’t know how you do that, but this is freaking awesome! I’m a PS+ member for more or less 6 months and this is becoming ridiculous, I don’t even have time to download all these games let alone playing them! I just want to say that if this is the direction Sony is heading with PS4 (ridiculous number of games for a small monthly fee), you are going to achieve everything Microsoft wanted to do (reduce used games market, promote digital copies etc.) – but you do that with respect to gamers. Thank you Chris, you’re great!

Dr-abdulelah 17 July, 2013 @ 12:32 pm   55

but lego lord of the rings not available in saudi arabia playstation store or this game will be available in august

Samabyte 17 July, 2013 @ 12:32 pm   56

Thank you! At last we get a full retail headliner that isn’t mature rated! Hope this is a sign of things to come. Shame I’ve already got it, but I’m glad many more people will get to enjoy it.

Shame about New Little King’s Story being dropped, I guess things are always changing. Hope it might come in future months though.

Keep it up with the games that everyone can play!

djchristy 17 July, 2013 @ 12:34 pm   57

Another great month guys keep up the good work :-)

PIREDERAS 17 July, 2013 @ 12:34 pm   58

@ Chris

Hi, PS Plus always gives so much to us! August’s games are far better than July’s shooters in my opinion, keep going!

Could we get SSX in the future?

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

We looked at SSX earlier in the year but we were unable to secure it, maybe in the upcoming months, it’s a little to sunny at the moment for a snowboarding game :)

pineanas 17 July, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   59

PS3 lineup is as good as always, will be fun to try NFS and mafia.

But vita… a bad Lego game and a mini-game?
As a day 1 vita adopter…oh well…

You could redeem it with Persona 4 golden in september!
That would be killer! Also DMC/Ni No Kuni/MG Rising are great suggestions for ps3! I second that motion!

JxAxMxPxAxSxH 17 July, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   60

Nice Entry, heard somewhere is was meant to be DMC: Devil May cry coming in August, but i think i like NFS: Most Wanted better!

Nazar_Ops 17 July, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   61

I heard Little Kings Story was supposed to be available for free for PS+ members. Or was that only for US PS+ members?

Bit disappointed about the false rumour of DMC and Little King’s Story, but NFS MW has been on my to buy list for ages. Glad I didn’t get it. And a lego game <3

We don’t really get often racing games so I am glad that Need for Speed: Most Wanted is coming. Is there any chance (even a little), that Blur from Activision will make it to Plus in the future? Thanks for the reply in advance!

Miro33no 17 July, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   64

A bit disappointing for me :(. Well thats what we get for getting all hyped by rumors. I may give a shot to Spec Ops (I ve heard its got pretty good story) and maybe those vita games, but the rest will jut go to my already huge backlog. Although I cant really complain, I still have so many games from last months that i should beat, one month without a “new game” wont hurt me anyway :D And since the community likes NFS, I have no right to complain at all :D. Keep going guys, there should be something for everyone.

pinkplaybunny 17 July, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   65

Cool I don’t have any of these and have been holding out for Lego lotr. Just as well I have a vita!

Would still like to see little kings story and DMC at some point.

Also any chance of escape plan since its about as old as a vita game can get?!

P.s the iPhone app still doesn’t post comments stupid thing..

vivan000 17 July, 2013 @ 12:49 pm   66

April post was tagged with “ps plus, psn”
May post was tagged with “ps plus, psn”
June post was tagged with “ps plus, psn”
July post was tagged with “playstation network, playstation plus, ps plus”
This post was tagged with “discounts, instant game collection, playstation network, playstation network games, playstation plus”

You are breaking my RSS. Please decide on one tag for PS Plus and use it every time. Otherwise tags are useless.

@ricardz nice list..Out of all theese i would like ni no kuni , and borderlands 2 .I will buy thoose if they ever put them on sale(probably summer sale). You should buy darksiders 2 on your own ,its 10$ and to me it was the best game of 2012.

vonhammer 17 July, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   68

Not sure I’ll bother with 2 out of the 3.

I think NFS was 30fps,and I cant except that from a racer.

I think my brother has Mafia 2, so will borrow the disk off him. If not I’ll probably download.

And Spec Op’s never looked good outside of the first trailer at that Spike award’s tat.

Jamesyp00 17 July, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   69

Really decent month!
Mafia 2 and Spec ops are brilliant games, not a big fan of racers though but quite happy :)

blackout_pt 17 July, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   70

Lego Lord of the Rings for the Vita is EPIC! I love ps+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (also is a good compensation for last month unit 13 language crap!)

Every update without DMC is a great update!
I’m really looking forward to check out Mafia 2, and When Vikings Attack!

darkdudes_2 17 July, 2013 @ 12:57 pm   72

is it safe to buy jak & daxter HD Collection or assassins creed 3 liberation?^^

darkdudes_2 17 July, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   73

any plans for lego lotr for ps3?^^

CalamariWrestler 17 July, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   74

I’d love to see some JRPGs on plus, I feel like it’s a category plus is sorely lacking in. Would also help newcomers get into the genre!

obiadekanobi1980 17 July, 2013 @ 1:01 pm   75

awesome lineup but hopefully im in the killzone beta so ill be busy on my vita (fingers crossed!)

cant wait to play the line as i tried the demo and waited for it to drop in price and then just orgot about it, and nfs woop! can finally finish the plat on this amazing racer its currently getting some huge playtime on me vita

keep up the good work guys!!!

pinkplaybunny 17 July, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   76

Last month my 32gb vita card run out of space so I went to delete some games to find that the save files are not separate like on the ps3. When I checked the cloud to check they were backed up I discovered it hadn’t been updating to the cloud even though the option is turned on and I have the latest update. I thought this issue was patched ages ago?? The trophies update fine just not the saves. Is this a known issue?

ThreeWallzz 17 July, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   77

thank you!there aren’t much racing games on the service,am very glad u put NFS

heymrbooze 17 July, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   78

Nooooooooo..i wanted DMC :(

Hoping it will still come in coming months

Spec:Ops supposed to be good, and will give NFS a try. So still nice month, but dissappointed for DMC

Shinobi-vs-Gast 17 July, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   79

I’m glad the rumours were true for Spec Ops. Truly an amazing game, can’t wait to play it again.

Most Wanted is awesome too, did not see that coming. Wanted to play it for a long time now.

All in all a great update, Plus seems to get better and better.

DestructorSVK 17 July, 2013 @ 1:07 pm   80

Awesome! btw: contains mafia 2 from UK Ps Store czech language ?

DMC and New Little Kings Story in future IGC
This picture posted 1st june http://www.stratege.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=33420

XR-NOFEAR17 17 July, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   82

Disappointed update. The stuff for the Vita is nothing for me and I already own NFS Most Wanted and Spec Ops. I rather did see Devil May Cry since Mafia 2 doesn’t interest me.

Firstly a big thank you to the EU Playstation Blog team, I think I speak for many of us when I say we appreciate the effort that the team does. Another really good update.

A few quick questions:

1. Will Gravity Rush & Uncharted leave IGC soon? It would be good to get new games in.

2. Do you know if Dragon Fantasy will be coming to EU PSN? Its been out for a while in US.

3. Will Vikings attack be the cross buy version?

Chris Howe 17 July, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

1 – Not until November at the earliest

2 – Jawad is the best man to ask as he is a genius, drop him a note on the store blog

3- Yes

ocelot07 17 July, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   84

Just ordered Most Wanted from Amazon last night and has been dispatched :(. I will have to send it back. But brill update ant played Mafia 2 and have not played a Lego game in years.

XR-NOFEAR17 17 July, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   85

1. Will the DLC for NFS Most Wanted be discounted. The bundle still contains the online pass which is now FREE for a while.
2. Will Unit 13 available in english? I can only download a French version while I use the Dutch store.

I love you :D, so summer sale items when will we see more info???

Fr34kyUK 17 July, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   87

HAHAHAHAHA

Hope you enjoy the SP of socom as thats all your gonna be able to play, servers are closing for MP side

CostaPablo 17 July, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   88

I’m just here to tell you that…you guys are awesome! This kind of service you provide us, European members, it’s what is going to make me buy a PS4 day one :D
I was hoping for DmC :p damn leaks! Hope it comes in september to play while waiting for GTA V!
The content this month is even better than July! Congrats guys

bandoors_ksa 17 July, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   89

Lego is not avalible on SA store

GribbleGrunger 17 July, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   90

Will I be able to play the LOTRL on my PS3?

heymrbooze 17 July, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   91

@81

Vita yearly games wil change when it (vita) has been one year in the IGC. Believe that is around november .

PHEEliNUX 17 July, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   92

@CalamariWrestler

According to what Plus says, Every game that enters plus must have 70 Metacritic

The only PS3/Vita JRPGs that i can think of that has 70 or more and on PSN are
Persona 4 Golden
Disgaea 3
Agarest War series
Ni no Kuni(I hope not…)
Tales of Graces f(I guess i can play it for free since i don’t want to give my money to Namco Bandai)

brownbeauty69 17 July, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   93

This is absolutely fantastic. Great Job guys.

SayVegin 17 July, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   94

@XR-NOFEAR17

Unit 13 is not available in English from the EU store.
If your system language is set to English the game language defaults to French.
You can play it in Dutch if you change your system language to Dutch.

GUDGER666 17 July, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   95

Already have these games again!! You seriously need to change things so people who already bought these off the store get something as well
…. i mean this is another month where i get nothing!

PHEEliNUX 17 July, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   96

I forgot to say

Cool, I did need some racing game, NFS:MW would be a cool choice, But the rest are stuff i don’t care about, But at least it is one good new game

theStoneSkull 17 July, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   97

This is fantastic..

Can’t wait for August..

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately already played all but one of them. But great for people who haven’t.

supersmith2500 17 July, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   99

Least the leaked image got half of it right.

Also I love GTA sandbox clones, already completed Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row: The Third but Mafia II has got my eye.

Also already have the Vita version of NFS: Most Wanted (Holy cow a another EA title? EA must of love us Plus members for a reason).

As for the Vita it’s pretty decent, may try When Vikings Attack and possibly LEGO Lord Of The Rings (but I perfer to have Batman instead).

Great Plus update as always though.

TW1STEDH34T 17 July, 2013 @ 1:35 pm   100

Not too excited about this month of Plus games. The only games I don’t have is the Need for Speed games and I’m not that interested in the Vita games. Oh well. Can’t have it all.

JammieDodgerz 17 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   101

Another amazing lineup. Simply astonishing!

I’d love Little Kings Story on Vita in September, please. ;)

supersmith2500 17 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   102

Btw, question, is Vikings Attack PS3 and Vita or Vita only, I think it has cross-buy.

Neil McPhillips 18 July, 2013 @ 9:45 am

It is indeed the cross-buy version. So you get the PS3 version as well!

Carnivius_Prime 17 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   103

ugh. Was hoping for DmC but it’s not there. Big pass on Mafia 2 and Spec Ops. Seriously, why all the grey, boring shooty games that thing they’re being ‘grown up’ but are actually just embarrasing? There were other types of games this generation… weren’t there?

I will however thank you for Need for Speed: Most Wanted as that was on my list of wants and I’m a fan of Criterion racers (I own Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit).

theStoneSkull 17 July, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   104

Mortal Kombat was banned in Australia when it became a PS+ game and Australia got a replacement game.

So to the guys from UAE and Saudi Arabia, you may get a replacement game. I hope you do.

That reminds me that Australia’s replacement game was Lego Batman 1! I should start playing it.. even though sometimes I wish you could play PSP games on PS3….

RedMustang72 17 July, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   105

Good games again, although I own a lot of what is put up on the IGC #I appreciate it’s still great value, and it’s handy to have digital copies of some stuff too. Looking forward to Spec Ops, but I hope DMC does in fact appear at some point..wouldn’t mind trying it out!

Someone mentioned Jrpgs, Resonance of Fate is an incredibly underrated game imo, but I’m not aware if it’s actually on the PSN? As for other ideas:

Journey Collectors Ed. with FlOw & Flower
Resi 4 & Code Veronica Bundle
Darksiders 1/2
Binary Domain
Prototype 2
Twisted Metal
ACM
Snipe Elite V2
Tomb Raider
Dead Island Riptide…

Being newish to PS Plus, I’m not sure if any of those have already been up, or if they’re possible, but it be pretty cool to see some of them at some point.

The Resistance games or Silent hill for the Vita would be good too…:)

SandrokottosRule 17 July, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   106

I am very satisfied with Sony’s services…I mean, I don’t have to spend extra money from my pocket to play games which is one or more years old. Thanks sony, proud to be your customer.
Keeping things in mind towards how sony treat their customers, I already pre-ordered ps4!
Can’t wait for winters :) glad to be your customer sony.

PG-Wackiest 17 July, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   107

That’s 4 games now removed from my Amazon Wishlist ;) I love you PS Plus

Vedovato 17 July, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   108

QUERO PLAYSTATION + PLUS PARA O BRASIL

Carnivius_Prime 17 July, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   109

@103 Darksiders 1 was already a Plus freebie some time ago.

TheMART 17 July, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   110

“Posted on 17 July, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Rulfor
Yeah, Lego lotr Vita has a holds a rating of 54 on Metacritic. Weren’t all IGC games supposed to be “top-rated”, meaning a 70+ rating on Metacritic?”

This exactly THIS.

PS+ was said to only put critically acclaimed good received games rated 7/10 or above. Sony even put some marketingcommunication out that all the games were rated 7/10 or above.

And now this bullcrap Lego game at 5.4/10. SCEE you can make it up to me next month by giving me Fifa and DJMax or PS All Stars for PSVita :-)

Huono_peleis 17 July, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   111

Second month in a row with only titles I already own. This Plus service offers very little for people who actually buy games. What’s the point?

Alphaembryo 17 July, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   112

Thank you! Not a very early update, but impressive games for the PSN+.

Noisepurge 17 July, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   113

oh man why NFS:Most Wanted not on the Vita too? :(

PG-Wackiest 17 July, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   114

My only slight annoyance is that I’d prefer NFS on the Vita and LotR on PS3 :P but ho hum, I can deal with that

planeet32 17 July, 2013 @ 1:51 pm   115

@109

Then stop buying games. :) I stopped a few months ago, but I am still running into games that I already played… like LLOTR. It wasn’t a very good game. Lego Batman 2 was far more supperior.

jayashantha 17 July, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   116

what should i download from these game (am limited on download)
Battlefield 3??
catherine???

TheMART 17 July, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   117

@Jayashantha

If you mostly love online: go for BF3
Single player shooter modes are boring anyway, never a story just pewpewpew clear area one, proceed.

If you like gameplay and a more different game than the average one and don’t care for online that much go for Catherine. Little strange but great!

Nelsonslb1991 17 July, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   118

epic month! i love ps plus :D.

heymrbooze 17 July, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   119

Watched a few NFS reviews, and it does look nice. Haven’t really played racing since Burnout Revenge so this might be fun :)

Also support the request for Ni no kuni/Metal Gear Rising/SSX

Gazzy30 17 July, 2013 @ 1:59 pm   120

Another amazing month for PS+ members, thank you Sony :-) I want to ask, is there a chance that we could see Resistance: Burning Skies for Vita in the near future as a part of PS+?

RedMustang72 17 July, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   121

@107…Yeah, I wasn’t sure if any had been on before. Do games ever reappear on the IGC? It’d be an interesting idea if Plus did an annual recap of sorts, that is, made all games that were on Plus for that year available to download for a day/week, but you could only download say 2 or 3 of them. Some miss putting stuff on their download list, or like me, are newish, and have missed some previous games that I wouldn’t mind playing but either wouldn’t normally buy or feel a little awkward buying something that was free just months before…

Maybe I’m just being greedy, but it would be an interesting feature…

dubhorizon 17 July, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   122

Nice

Except for Mafia II, an amazing single player story driven game (don’t expect an open world game though), I haven’t got any of them. I’m eying NFS for a long time because many said it was very much like my favourite Criterion game ever, Burnout Paradise.
The shooter in there should have a good story so I’m sure I will work trough the sp (the bf3 story was mega crap).
It’s unfortunate the lego Vita game is a very poor port. The PS3 one gets very high scores but the Vita one is horrible. I’ll try it but I’m sure I’ll be disappointed. The Viking game doesn’t interest me at all but I give it a try.
For me 2 out of 5 is a very good score to keep me busy for a long time with a backlog that is huge. Thanks!

chrisboers 17 July, 2013 @ 2:04 pm   124

@118 Nope. The way the PSPlus system works: free games feature only once. When they’re gone, they’re gone. They are never re-run.

Jestersoil 17 July, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   125

great games! but, we’ve been begging for a lego game for some time now and you restricted it only to a vita version???

MASPALOMAZ 17 July, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   126

Sony europe going CraAzzZYYYY if sony europe keeps going at this rate in IGC september we will have GTA5 , Gran Turismo 6 and Cod Ghost! ;)

Great month looking forward to all three ps3 titles.

TVR-77 17 July, 2013 @ 2:06 pm   127

Great update again, Yes i’m sure we all have a couple of them but its nothing to get upset about, its bound to happen from time to time but even if you only manage to get one or two a month it still more than pays for its self. Four measly quid a month and look at the sheer value for money we get! this month alone is worth a three month subscription. I seriously cant believe people actually have the audacity to complain.

heymrbooze 17 July, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   128

@118

Agree, that would be nice feature. When i started on plus i just missed Sleeping Dogs & Vanquish and also thought it would be cool to have an option somehow get them later

Btw, Darksiders 1/2 are very cheap, even in the store i think (or maybe i bought it on sale..don’t remember)

Binairy Domain can be ordered online cheaply

BlackZam 17 July, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   129

I can’t “buy” Unit 13.
It just refuse me to do it or it says that I don’t have a discount voucher. :(
And I want it for my future Vita. :~(

@Carnivius_Prime I don’t get it why you won’t try a game because you expect it to be something it may be not. For instance Mafia 2. I’m not a shooter fan but I love an adult story driven game and that is what Mafia 2 is. It has a great story, a beautiful world and the action isn’t bad. Just give it a try.

RedMustang72 17 July, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   131

@121 Ah ok, I see…probably not a good idea for me to look back at what was on the store before I subscribed then…:)

Prem-aka-Prince 17 July, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   132

I’m with comment #48 Lance_87
I love NFS:MW, I bought it on release, but I’m really disappointed that they haven’t continued to patch to fix some pretty obvious problems. Still, I enjoy the game, I played it yesterday evening. I went concours ages ago and was hoping it would have been patched by now.

I haven’t played against the new cars (and I’m really glad the DLC is getting a discount) but I disagree it was unbalanced against the Bugatti VeyronSS. I used to rock the Lamborghini Aventador even after I had the VeyronSS- it’s not all about pure speed, it’s also about handling. Getting around tight 90 degree corners or dodging and weaving between oncoming cars… the VeyronSS may have slightly higher top speed but the Aventador is versatile like the fighter jets it’s so often compared to.
With these two cars there IS such a thing as choosing the slower mod just so you can actually handle the beast. Risk/reward strategy.

I do miss some of the features of NFS:HP, particularly playing the cops, and the game doesn’t give me the same joy that Burnout Paradise did… but this game has style. I love the Aventador Most Wanted intro, and the music.

SquirmysTwin 17 July, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   133

loving it so far keep them coming

RedMustang72 17 July, 2013 @ 2:30 pm   134

@125 I’ve missed those games too lol Some might just see it as being greedy, or some might appreciate it, as long as, I would say, you could only download 2 or 3 of the years titles. Certainly would be appreciated by us :)

Yeah I’ve looked at the Darksiders games and BD, and yeah they are very cheap. I played the demos for them and although I enjoyed them I wasn’t ‘that’ taken with them…but if they were on Plus I’d certainly download them and give them a chance. Darksiders 1 is that cheap I might just buy it anyway lol !!

Skookie30 17 July, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   135

“Has it occurred to anyone that SCEE may have taken DMC off this months update because they’re sick to death of people leaking their surprises?”

No it called sour grapes by them so they pulled it out of the listings it does not bother me as I already got it on disk.

But once again SCEE mislead us it does not matter where it posed as it was SCEE Russia that leak it & still called misleading advertise.

Try to wiggle out of that one then.

Not a bad update could be better though the vita ones are weak. But NFS saves it being crap update. :|

Dermado 17 July, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   136

Looks pretty mediocre tbh.
If the store release times and prices along with PS+ discounts were on par with SCEA this wouldnt be as big of an issue =\.

zebrag 17 July, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   137

Very excited yet again for this next update, Awesome!

chary9 17 July, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   138

I’ve been waiting for the little king’s story in IGC for a month and am disappointed. Can I give up all IGC games in August just to exchange to this one?

Envirasu 17 July, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   139

There’s nothing amazing for me this month, but I’ve heard great things about Spec Ops, and Vikings has always struck me as a game everyone should try at some point. Great work as usual, Chris. :)

zebrag 17 July, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   140

Awesome update cannot recommend PS plus enough!

AshesArise 17 July, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   141

YES! MAFIA II Thank you, after getting rid of my copy some time ago i was holding off of buying it again hoping it would enter the IGC, now i can get those last few trophies to platinum it!

Cube1701 17 July, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   142

Very disappointing week, worst since the IGC began. Made even worse due to the rumours of DmC and Little King’s Story, which would have been amazing.

theStoneSkull 17 July, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   143

I noticed that there are two versions of Unit 13 in my download list now.. I remember that I had added Unit 13 then saw it again and added it.. then saw it again and it said I’m not allowed or something.. You may have to go the store on a PC and ‘purchase’ it on there. I have the game card so didn’t actually download them but I add everything anyway and now there are two versions in my list.. so keep trying and good luck, because it is a pretty good FPS for the Vita.. nothing super-amazing but a good, solid game.

Artemisthemp 17 July, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   144

So happy to getting a chance to try out Lego Lords of the Ring on Vita (Already own it on PS3)

flapperke 17 July, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   145

A great line up!

Just played mafia 2 like a week ago and it’s a great game, everyone should really try it out before hating on it…

On the lego lotr on the psvita, i hope it’s not as bad as the comments say but oh well, i’m just gonna give it a shot

Vorlon 17 July, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   146

Another excellent selection, I only have Mafia II already.

Phene90x 17 July, 2013 @ 3:36 pm   147

Ps3 games are ok but the vita ones suck hard :(

link1983 17 July, 2013 @ 3:47 pm   148

Yes, Thank you so much. I have been patiently waiting for Need For Speed MW. I love Criterion racers and bought this on launch. Unfortunately due to money problems I had to sell it and I have never had the excess cash to buy it back. I love this month. I have no interest in Mafia 2 but Spec Ops and NFS on the ps3 and Lego Lord of the rings on the vita is your way of spoiling us.

Joolesasher 17 July, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   149

Cool month. SO:tL was the main game I wanted from the supposed leak, so it’s all good. Besides, the fact that you’ve already had so many new releases as it is for that price is beyond me.

QUESTION!

Last month I asked about potential titles that WOULDN’T appear. I’d like to go a bit in-depth.

Games like Rayman and Metal Gear-collection both came to Vita only; is it safe to assume that these will NOT appear as PS3-titles in future IGCs?

Also, Binary Domain and Gotham City Imposters were IGC-substitutes for… Germany? Are they any likely to appear in Europe-wide IGCs? Been itching for Binary Domain for almost a year now, but I always assumed that that’d be an IGC-title.

ThugETH 17 July, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   150

Amazing month I wanted DMC too but oh well maybe September ;)
The Vita offering is aweful though!

TVR-77 17 July, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   151

Anyway Chris, can i ask a question please? iv’e asked it several times already to no avail.
So at the beginning of the year i read an article saying that the long term Vita games Uncharted and Gravity Rush would be replaced this summer around June/July, is this still the case?
thanks in advance if i’m lucky enough to get a reply.

Joolesasher 17 July, 2013 @ 4:13 pm   152

@TVR-77 / 147

They switch later in the year (OCT-DEC?) to correspond when the Vita-IGC first launched.

UltraSilver64 17 July, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   153

Quick Question about When Vikings Attack for Vita:

Since it is Cross-Save (and presumably Cross-Buy), will we get the PS3 version along with the Vita version?

rateddany998 17 July, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   154

Hey Chris, Is Spec ope:the line going to be available in Saudi Arabia if not what will be the replacement?

JO-AYNE 17 July, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   155

@65
I second Escape Plan!

TVR-77 17 July, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   156

@148 That has never been stated as fact, has it? We are just assuming it because the PS3 games were changed after a year. I read an article were Chris answered a question about the Vita ICG and he said they would be replaced in the summer time June/July and that’s why i’m asking.

YYujiY 17 July, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   157

Hi.

I have a question, please.

Is Spec Ops: The Line available on Saudi Arabia PlayStation Store?

If it is not available, would you please give us another game?

Thank you.

SaeidEagle 17 July, 2013 @ 4:43 pm   159

Any chance to see MGS HD collection for Ps3 in IGC?

TVR-77 17 July, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   160

Ok Chris thanks for the reply anyways.

Nice! Dusted off The Run and Hot Pursuit recently and completed them both after watching the NFS: Rivals E3 demo. Never got round to buying 2012′s Most Wanted so for me, this freebie just come at the right time! :) Thanks PS once again!

Golwar 17 July, 2013 @ 4:55 pm   162

Don’t see the point in your repeating your answers that WVA is cross buy or that LOTR isn’t for the PS3, Chris.

Far more interesting would be why LEGO LotR isn’t for the PS3 and NFS MW for the Vita instead. Those who wanted LEGO would get their actually good Lego game and those with a Vita would get something good to play too.

And nope, I don’t want Escape Plan. Something with some meat for the Vita please. *cough*RPGs!*cough*

NoamD77 17 July, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   163

amazing mounth but i am already own NFS:MW and did a plat i will take Mafia 2 as my main game

also llotr is Vita game i was happy for him until saw its Vita

Terarded 17 July, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   164

Extremely happy about need for speed, ive wanted that game for a long time.

cant say im two happy about the other 2 though, there both pretty old. mafia 2 i bought on ebay for 5 bucks and spec ops the line is so old i saw it on the US ps plus before i even joined (a year ago)

KojimaFan79 17 July, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   165

Meh, can’t say I’m excited but I can’t complain either. Need for Speed – PASS. I’ll download it, but I’ll probably play for 15mns and delete it; Mafia 2 – finished it on Xbox, good game though. Anyhoo, Spec Ops is almost worth the whole monthly update.

Still PS+ is such an awesome deal, anyone who says otherwise is just being a nag. Just bought my Vita 2 weeks ago and I love it. BIG fan of Lego games (33yrs old and I’ll die a Lego fan). As for the other games, I’m sure I’ll enjoy them!

Thanks, Sony! :)

Golwar 17 July, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   166

@Terarded
Ahem, yeah. Spec Ops is soooo old … that it was released June 2012.
And it was in the US IGC in March 2013.

TimNED 17 July, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   167

Chris, any chance F1 2012 wil be on IGC anytime or if it will be included in the summer sale?

ZoeyYukio 17 July, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   168

I`m really glad to see my favourite racing title in the ps+. I want to give you a huuuuuuuuuge thank you for bringing it to us! ^^

Boy_Killer09 17 July, 2013 @ 6:13 pm   169

I would like to ask something regarding the PlayStation Summer Festival: is there any chance that the game Persona 4 The Golden for the PlayStation Vita get a discount or appearing on PlayStation Plus?

Thanks

MadforitUK 17 July, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   170

I’m amazed how you guys do it, most of the games recently are from games I was close to buying but did not, so glad to be getting these as part of my plus sub ;)

brychap85 17 July, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   171

quick question will my ps3 ps+ digital content work on ps4 when ps4 allow for ps3 digital content to be downloaded?

DrakeThief90 17 July, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   172

I know we have just had Uncharted 3, but Uncharted 1/2 would be greatly appreciated?? Pretty good month as well thanks:)

eMcUbE3 17 July, 2013 @ 6:51 pm   173

PS Guys…dont let me down by saying spec ops the line wont be available in the UAE.. PLEASEEEEEE

Ps-vita-gal 17 July, 2013 @ 7:00 pm   174

These games are coming out on my biRthday and I’m very very happy about this update the best one yet!!!!!! This is why playstation is the best!! Keep it up<3

THE_FORCE 17 July, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   175

PS+ is the best thing to happen to gaming since the Playstation was invented.

Cheers chaps and chapettes. 8-)

Terarded 17 July, 2013 @ 7:35 pm   176

Hey can you please answer as to whether or not drive club will be available to eu ps plus members on the ps4 release aswell? or is it just US

pedrocas170 17 July, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   177

Where’s Battlefield 3 dlc and Saints Row the third dlc discounts?
Really disappointing!

BlueTigerCub 17 July, 2013 @ 7:47 pm   178

Great update for me, am loving being a ps+ subscriber. One request though, for vita can we have plants vs zombies? US ps+ got this right at the very beginning and I was hoping that this would make it across the pond.

Dermado 17 July, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   179

Chris irt to 81, are you unaware of how awful SCEE as a whole is in terms of customer service and actually answering questions? Posting anything on any blog has such a small chance of actually being replied to, not only that but the number of helpful, correct replies could be counted on one hand in a month o_O.
The only part of him that is a “genius” is the part that has figured out Sony as a parent company couldnt care less about SCEE and the insane level of dissatisfaction its customers frequently have =\.

CHEESE-_-BUBBLES 17 July, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   180

Is the vita version of Most Wanted part of this?

supersmith2500 17 July, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   181

@CHEESE_BUBBLES:
PS3 version only. It’s not a cross-buy title.

Stonesthrow 17 July, 2013 @ 8:17 pm   182

Own them all again -_- Good thing Payday was more interesting than expected because it’s getting harder and harder to see value in this when you own everything on offer that you’re slightly interested in. Especially now it’s going to be forced on us with ps4 this whole PLUS thing has left a bitter aftertaste here. On top of that I suppose we’ll only be getting ‘PLUS editions’ of games which don’t contain all content, and I’m guessing we still won’t get to keep the games unless subscribted?
Sorry, not trying to troll here or anything. But personally I’m getting little value out of this, always have and it doesn’t seem to be getting better either. Just remember that, in between all the praise, not everyone is content with PLUS. And I expect it to get a lot better on ps4.

MikLSP 17 July, 2013 @ 8:17 pm   183

Another month of stupendous value, when am I going to find time for all these :-)

Is there any chance of an update to the site downloads list yet so we could actually keep track of the previous offerings which we have yet to install?

ThunderElect 17 July, 2013 @ 8:31 pm   184

Another Great update… just like last month

Masta-RX2 17 July, 2013 @ 9:42 pm   185

Great

Breadd_93 17 July, 2013 @ 9:55 pm   186

Any chance of getting Guacamelee any time in the forseeable future? I’ve heard great things and it looks really good!

Kathyff 17 July, 2013 @ 10:05 pm   187

Ah August is so much better for me than July’s PS+. Can’t wait to play Lord of the Rings! I’ve wanted to play that for so long :D Also looking forward to Spec Ops, for the story.

Kathyff 17 July, 2013 @ 10:06 pm   188

hmm…just read back on the comments..sounds like the Vita version of lotr isn’t as good as PS3…kinda disappointing

Spot_Of_Tea_Chap 17 July, 2013 @ 11:30 pm   189

I love you, Im so glad I have a EU account since the US PS+ is a joke in comparison

Phene90x 18 July, 2013 @ 12:37 am   190

Any chance of us getting persona 4 golden or blazblue cs extended for the vita in the future ?

JQuest1977 18 July, 2013 @ 12:52 am   191

I can’t found “Unit 13″. Or is only for Europe?

SOUL-FAT 18 July, 2013 @ 1:13 am   192

COOL!

G4m3r_dot_net 18 July, 2013 @ 1:35 am   193

PS+ is getting better and better. Great service.

I got PS+ first time back in september 2012, to get RedDeadRedemption, and in same month back then I got huge discount for Bf3 digital. And all this months I was getting nice games, good discounts. People were able to download bf3 now, and NFS next month. I expect good times playing NFS with my friends online ^_^

Sony just rocks with PS+, I don’t even care that it will be like needed to be able to play online on ps4. Just take my money, keep it same good and give me more :)

gbgamesmember 18 July, 2013 @ 1:58 am   194

Thanks Chris ! .. Always Wanted To try NFS and Spec Ops . You Guys are Just Awesome :) .

Hi Chris,

Can we get Gran Slam Tennis 2 in the future?
We never have sports games!

gbgamesmember 18 July, 2013 @ 2:38 am   196

Just Noticed that Spec Ops Isn’t available In UAE Region :( . Do You have any replacement for Us ? :(

PHEEliNUX 18 July, 2013 @ 2:43 am   197

What are you talking about?
I see Spec Ops:The Line in the SA Store

MajorTit 18 July, 2013 @ 2:49 am   198

This is so awesome thank you so much. Playstation for life!

Massive 18 July, 2013 @ 3:12 am   199

For those low on download speed, there is no need to decide before the games disappear. Just purchase them and don’t download, this will add them to your download list, allowing for download at some point in the future.

jadehare 18 July, 2013 @ 3:25 am   200

pretty nice, made me take notice.
mafia is one of my faves.

mynxnmirrors 18 July, 2013 @ 4:27 am   201

@178 So PS Plus is a bad service, because they aren’t going through your collection and catering specifically to you?.. Even if there is a month where I have everything (‘RPG month’) or things I’m less interested in (‘FPS month’), I can still see the value and appreciate it.

That said, if you guys want to flick over Disgaea on the Vita there would be much love <3 I actually thought it was a shoe in since it popped up on the US store awhile back.

nakano1987 18 July, 2013 @ 6:00 am   202

@178 PS+ is a rental service so you must be subscribed to play the games (you never own them). For me it’s a good service to try out games (especially never heard indie games like CubixxHD – nice game), so I know which games would be worth buying/not. For example, imported Okami HD from Japan. As I already owned it free from PS+, couldn’t buy it from the sale anymore…

I would say PS+ is worth if you get 3 commercial games in a year you’re actually interested in AND do play them through. Personally, I have only finished Machinarium so the service may not be for me (not planning to continue PS+ after testing annual subscription). I mainly benefit its discounts, but those are nothing compared to the US Store.

ghattas 18 July, 2013 @ 6:26 am   203

All new games for me!!1 I am one happy customer.

Leeuwonstage 18 July, 2013 @ 8:55 am   204

Need for Speed Most Wanted vita ?????

SeanoftheDethUK 18 July, 2013 @ 9:45 am   205

Somehow, you outdo yourself in the level of quality you give month, after month, after month. And to think I was arguing with a friend about who offers the better service of giving free games, just cause he was a little happy over getting Assasins Creed 2 for free… a game that you could pick up for a fiver in shops. Honestly, you’re doing a service for us gamers and it’s this service and all others offered by Sony that I’m staying loyal and getting the PS4.

Scuffy_P 18 July, 2013 @ 10:22 am   206

Please put my mind at rest, and tell me a new subsidiary are to develop and run the PS Store for the PS4, or at least run it in-house? And not the same incompetent none-gamer’s that clearly develop the Store currently.

It’s unbelievably buggy (constant crashes and failing to load), outrageously slow..and I do mean sloooooooooow. The design itself looks very pretty, but the functionality it woeful. At best it feels like a 16 year old blind intern with sausage fingers designed and programmed the whole thing. Dreadful search engine, non existent categorisation and structure. What’s going on? This has been a problem for far too long to call “teething problems”.

Yes you’ll ignore this message, and nothing will be done about it. If the Singstar debacle showed Users anything, it’s that SCEE policy is to;
4a: Ignore all complaints and/or suggestions.
4b: Refuse to engage in constructive debate.
4c: Wait for them to get bored and they’ll go away.

Along with the continued archaic submission procedures unlikely to change next gen, sitting back on ones laurels and assuming Microsoft’s continued balls-up will project PS4 sales is destined to fail.

Getting this fecal Store fixed would be a good start.

kjLoveless 18 July, 2013 @ 11:21 am   207

Hey Chris. Awesome update man.. Just 1 question. I recently finished Bioshock Infinite. What an amazing game!!!!! An amazing story. Cannot stop thinking about it since I finished it.

Any chance for the original BIOSHOCK, please? Do let me know.

Wes_Zonda 18 July, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   208

Hope this gets a reply, is there any chance that we can get spyro on IGC?

ghattas 18 July, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   209

Wait, will Spec Ops be available in AE? I believe it is banned in Dubai

LegendaryMSN 18 July, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   210

Wow, any excuse to play Mafia 2 again, played it on 360 and always wanted to jump into it again. Been waiting for Spec Ops for a long time, really looking forward to it. Not much of a NFS fan but will give it ago. Still too many games to play lol I’m still playing XCOM!

Another amazing month!

morsy199 18 July, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   211

i know it doesn’t take a genius to detect
but we got sleeping dogs 6 months after release and hitman 6 months after release so i have been holding my breath for tomb raider till next month and i hope square enix doesn’t disappoint us

Shi_Neko 18 July, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   212

Awesome! I’ve always wanted to play full version of Mafia II.
Will there be any discounts for Mafia’s DLCs too?

niqos_89 18 July, 2013 @ 1:59 pm   213

niceeeeee!!thank you ps plus!!

TITAN-5X 18 July, 2013 @ 2:06 pm   214

thanks chris for an awesome ps plus month again. I know its a big ask but in the future could journey come to IGC?

aarjen116 18 July, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   215

Any chance that we can see Dead Island in the IGC soon?

NoobBlast 18 July, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   216

I already own “NFS Most Wanted” on Wii U, and Mafia 2 on PC and Spec Ops on PS3 retail.
As for VITA, i didnt own any of those.

I still don’t complain, because overall PSN+ gives alot of value. ;)

Shooters, FPS, Racing, Action..I don’t care. We should be satisfied with what we get.

PHEEliNUX 18 July, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   217

@NoobBlast

Besides, You get to try new games, At least ones that seem a little bit interesting to you

stathmos 18 July, 2013 @ 6:43 pm   218

Great update once again, only have Mafia II (great game), keep it up!

edwardccm 18 July, 2013 @ 10:47 pm   219

You guys are unbelievable!

I have been asking for months for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted to go on sale, and there was nothing.

Instead, you suddenly put it in the IGC so I can get it for free.

You guys are unbelievable.

Unbelievably AWESOME!!!!

I love you, Chris! One thousand kisses!!!

edwardccm 18 July, 2013 @ 10:50 pm   220

Once again you guys have proven that Sony, especially the EU team, listens to us. That’s why I give you my money and pity those poor sods who are still supporting the other team.

Another thousand kisses!!!

daxterstarsriba 19 July, 2013 @ 1:44 am   221

OMGosh I’m so happy! Last month I commented that a racing game would be nice and this month we get NFS Most Wanted!!! I’ve wanted this game soooO much! Thank yooouu ^^ Very much looking forward to Spec Ops also, it looks like a great adventure. I don’t have a PS VITA but those games are really fantastic, too. This is a really superb month with some excellent varied content with something sure to please everyone :)

I already have Mafia II and it’s one of my very favourite games. The story and characters are sO incredibly immersive; you get really caught up in the whole story and by the end you’ll be on an emotional high! The dynamically changing seasonal environment is beautiful, too. Honestly, absolutely stunning game with huge drawn-out missions. For anyone who hasn’t played this yet it’s an incredible treat! Particular kudos for offering this in the IGC, PS+ team! :)

Thanks ever so much! Lots of happiness all round :)

CielUK 19 July, 2013 @ 2:49 am   222

Awesome month!
I would like to see some JRPG in IGC, Final Fantasy XIII or XIII-2 would be nice. :)

spiritbender777 19 July, 2013 @ 5:04 am   223

PlayStation + Wins again always look forward to what free games I get every month…. This month is especially awesome because of SPEC OPS : THE LINE… also think getting need for speed most wanted is pretty awesome as well… so glad to be a playstation customer…

GREAT THING : “ENABLES ME TO PLAY AND HAVE FUN WITH GAMES WOULDN’T NORMALLY BUY” as a result I have a more balanced gaming life… I usually play exclusivly rpg and platformer so getting a shooter or racing game as well is really cool :)

DavoTheDiv 19 July, 2013 @ 8:59 am   224

Please help. The PSN store is STILL not allowing me to purchase Unit 13 for vita. I get the “you are not eligible” message.

MASPALOMAZ 19 July, 2013 @ 9:04 am   225

have same problems as DavoTheDiv.

unit 13 does give that error message and cant be bought, except that i now have unit 13 3 times under “service” in my ps3 which would be great if it could get cleared out/fixed i dont even have a vita just wanted to add it to cart for i have nothing else to do i guess. oO

DavoTheDiv 19 July, 2013 @ 9:10 am   226

I dont have a vita either, but thinking about one soon. Adding game so I have a nice little library ready :)

DavoTheDiv 19 July, 2013 @ 9:11 am   227

Ooooh, I have it four time in my purchased history, again with service next to it. Anyone know what that means?

dark_angel69 19 July, 2013 @ 10:42 am   228

Nice month there. Might play Need for Speed and Lego lord of the rings. Already have the platinum for Mafia 2 and Spec Ops The Line. Both amazing games!!!

mihalekpihalek 19 July, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   229

WOW!!!!Another great month for PS+ members. Thanks to all PS+ staff:) for taking care of us. By the way – can you consider to include New Little King Story to PS+ program? Thanks!!!!

NoobBlast 19 July, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   230

#217: PHEEliNUX: Yes. I own alot of games on my 360 too, but then its console dupe and not on same console. If you collect trophies and achievements its great to have it on both.

The only reason why got “NFS Most Wanted” on Wii U, is because it runs at better framerate, uses PC Textures, have some DLC on disc + boatloads of new exclusive game features not on any other system.

The advantage of owning all systems is that you can get the best version on each multiplatform game. :)

PHEEliNUX 19 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   231

@NoobBlast
I have some games on my Wii as well(I play some games like Rune Factory:Frontier, Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade on it)

I consider getting Wii U after a price drop and when “X” and “SMT x FE” comes over, Barely any game interest me on it

360 maybe when it becomes very cheap like PS2, I would like to try Phantom Breaker:Battleground

herohit125304 19 July, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   232

Will be Mafia II in Czech language? Like retail?

koz3bal 19 July, 2013 @ 5:56 pm   233

Chris Howe i hope to answer me spec ops the line its banned in store U.A.E it well be available in store or there another game ??????

AnDriIZyThaBEST 19 July, 2013 @ 7:35 pm   234

Oh I Cannot WAIT !!!

cowbanana 20 July, 2013 @ 10:32 am   235

Ugh… terrible selection for the Vita. Atrociously bad, actually. You really couldn’t do better than these crap games? Does SCEE really think that these games are even remotely acceptable?

MCU1992 21 July, 2013 @ 12:54 am   236

THIS COOL

MnrtjTimmy 21 July, 2013 @ 2:16 am   237

nice selection of games..i still have to finish okami hd from a few months back lol.. cant wait for mafia 2 and spec ops those were on my list to play!!!.. i would like to get La noire next month or Devil may cry for the ps3 and for the vita maybe New little kings story would be nice

Oh, first month without anything for me. Time to get through that backlog then :-)

Here is another shout for future titles:

Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Rising
MGS HD Collection
Resident Evil 4 + Code Veronica
LA Noire GOTY
Tomb Raider
Dead Island

Also, I understand why people aren’t terribly excited about a game like Lego LOTR for VITA, but some of you are acting a little over-entitled. Seriously, PS+ is £3.33 per month – the value of the service over a whole year is still staggeringly good.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 21 July, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   239

Fantastic line-up but I don’t think there’s anything here to take priority on my “small” 100+ game backlog. :P

mobaky 21 July, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   240

hey, i was wondering if games that were previously included in your Instant Games Collection, will ever be included again in the future.
i missed out on Rayman Legends for vita, i have the ps3 version on disc but having it on the go would’ve been great, amazing platformer.

and will there be any sales going on for the summer??

thanks in advance! #vivalaplaystation!

waleed3531 21 July, 2013 @ 10:28 pm   241

can we get some fifa street ,ps all stars and some call of duty
but still this update is awesome

flapperke 22 July, 2013 @ 12:08 am   242

Hey Chris, any chance we are getting some Killzone 3 or just cause 2? :)

xhordecorex 22 July, 2013 @ 8:20 am   243

Another wave of gr8 games added to the already awesome list. Thanks in advance :D

KarimStyle 22 July, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   244

I recently joined plus only for a specific game which was Kingdom of Amalur and I joined not knowing it was no longer available for free anymore. I was really upset but seeing this thread of upcoming games and the current games on offer in the store I am still very glad I purchased plus. I’m not sure if it’s possible but is there a way I could contact Playstation and get some sort of redeem code to be able to download Kingdom of Amalur for free Chris?

Phene90x 22 July, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   245

@244 I played it the game is not that good takes long time to load, especially in cities, the only above average stuff is combat.

DoctorMarten 22 July, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   246

Great selection as per usual. I just have to work out what to delete now so I have some more room. Not a bad problem to have. Why people complain is beyond me. For £40 a year you’re saving money even if you only want a few of the games. Of course in the space of a year there are going to be games you already own/don’t like. Other people will want them though so keep your worthless opinion to yourself and wait for the month after. If you don’t like it leave. I’m sure Amazon would quite happily take the many hundreds of pounds it would cost to buy the same selection there.

MASPALOMAZ 22 July, 2013 @ 6:39 pm   247

@245 Kingdom of Amalur is not that great?.. LOL

It was made by some famous sportsman from USA WITH A HUGE BUDGET and even tho for a new brand it only sold average they delivered an amazing game. Its not the devs fault that new franchises often get a 7/10 or 8/10 only and the same cod/fifa/nba every year gets a 10/10.

I am happy for some variety in plastation plus, and i honestly can say (after playing them) that Kingdom of Amalur and Saints Row 3 are both games i would NEVER have bought but after getting them for free, they are some of the best games of 2013 even better to me than games i paid full price for like bioshock infinite or dead island riptide (which also are good games).

But yes whats gone from PS PLUS is gone. If you didnt subscribe from day1 chances are you missed a ton of games. I missed some too. We will not get them back, but there is always new games plus we can still buy those games of course :) Lucky the ones who have PLUS since day1.

zippyonline1 22 July, 2013 @ 7:39 pm   248

will Gran Turismo 5 be coming soon?
who do I talk to, to ask about discworld coming to psn store

jony76 23 July, 2013 @ 6:32 am   249

This is Awesome. I sold my copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted to a friend in work, after I unlocked the Platinum Trophy but then came the DLC so now I can unlock the rest of the trophies and finally get that magical 100%……

Phene90x 23 July, 2013 @ 8:37 am   250

@245 I did not say that the game was bad the story is pretty interesting but it gets repetitive,in my opinion the game is above average similar to Gothic, and another thing u cant jump in this open world game and the ps3 has to load every zone u go in for example if i want to unload stuff and go to a blacksmith it takes at least 5 transitions. And another thing why does it mather that the game “was made by some famous sportsman from USA WITH A HUGE BUDGET” i don’t care who made the game as long as it is good and for that mather the game company that made this game went bankrupt did u know that :)

Phene90x 23 July, 2013 @ 8:39 am   251

i meant @247 mistaque.

kitch82 23 July, 2013 @ 9:56 am   252

Fantastic month, psplus is such good value for money.

zippyonline1 23 July, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   253

:( was hoping for a game from 2009 like the ones I got on xbox, dam you psn for not giving me games that are 4years old :p lol

solarwind12 23 July, 2013 @ 8:08 pm   254

@ zippyonline1
lol m8, tbh though i grabbed AC2 (again) other day and i loved replaying it, well for hour or so, can’t really complain about last months Fable3 though, something to finish, someday, traded the disc in last year but enjoyed the time i played it, just need some device that freezes time now, as the backlog on ps3 is shamefull, such a waste, but if xbox do throw any decent games out, i just may have to become a monk to try and catch up.

scott_meghan 24 July, 2013 @ 2:13 am   255

I still get the error about not being eligible to purchase or download Unit 13.
Will this be fixed before it gets removed?

spikewestphal 24 July, 2013 @ 11:26 am   256

dam you psn blog toooo many games and not enough memory

Going_Merry88 25 July, 2013 @ 7:28 am   257

Weak line-up for the Vita, what happen to “All games have a rating of 70+ on Metacritic”, since Lego Lord of the Rings for the vita most definitely isn’t 70+ rated. (54)

umt_drk 25 July, 2013 @ 11:42 am   258

Well, not much to say! Perfect :)

hiddencape 25 July, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   259

As a gamer who loves his PS3, yet plays most games on PC, I would love to see more console exclusive games – GOW Ascension, Journey, SSX, Metal Gear ECT…

It’s gonna be a good moth again for us psn plus users..

When we get the ps4, can we download these titles and play them on it? Or, will these ps3 games only work on the ps3?.. It will be stupid if you cannot download them. Most ps3 gamers wil be moving to the ps4 on launch.. Like me, I love my gaming..
My ps3 wont play disks now so, these are the only ps3 games I can play at the moment.. I do have vita which I got for when the ps4 gets released.. I love the connectivity that its gonna offer with the ps4..
Ah what the heck, I’m gonna do what cartman did for when he couldnt waith for the W** to come out, so he froze himself.. Thats, what I’m gonna do!..

PS.. I’m gamer, not fanboy!.. I do have xbox too and have a gold membership.. Still, PS plus is so much better. At least sony is rewarding our countined support for this amazing console.. It took microcash 5 years to reward me..(Yes, I’m a gold member for over 5 years now) And when they did reward us, they gave us 3year old games, which I have already completed and still own on disk..

TargetFinderKing 25 July, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   261

@sos21 are you serious……… you will never get an answer in this blog

wallsofrock 25 July, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   262

Any sign of All Stars Battle Royale coming to PS+ anytime soon?

EternalChaos72 25 July, 2013 @ 7:47 pm   263

to SCEE,

you guys are doing extremely well with +. im not subscriber since i rent all my titles from lovefilm, but since LF are doing away with rentals in august i may just have to sign up tho the yearly subscription. keep up the good work :D

supersmith2500 25 July, 2013 @ 8:46 pm   264

Now don’t get me wrong, you may give us horrible sales and late releases on latest but I have to give you credit and also a great big thank you for giving us great AAA titles such as Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, Hitman Absolution and heck even Need for Speed Most Wanted next month. Both you and EA did really well. Hope you keep up the good work with the Plus titles.

freddy-2801 26 July, 2013 @ 9:06 am   265

Great games!
But one question: I’ve already got the disc version of NFS. Will the trophies and DLC be the same for the PSN version?
I mean: I will not get a second set of (the same) trophies and I don’t have to buy any DLC I already own again?

I’m still working on so many other great games, my backlog keeps growing and growing. Each time I have to choose; enjoying the wheather, or keeping my PS3 busy.. :-)

WizzNL 26 July, 2013 @ 10:06 am   266

@freddy-2801: retail and digital version are the same versions, so dlc should work and no new trophies set.

LawBreakerKSA 26 July, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   267

thanks alot for the best service ever

ScorpioN-MarK 26 July, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   268

Do you know if there is any chance of getting remember me on Ps+ .. Im amazed at the new releases tho Ps+ continues to impress im just curious about R.m thats all its an awesome game

ACTAEON88 26 July, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   269

With all the Killzone coverage we’ve been seeing over the last couple of weeks, it’d be great to get Killzone 2/3 as part of a future update. It would be a good chance for everyone to get caught up on the lore before Killzone: Mercenary.

sercreep 26 July, 2013 @ 8:46 pm   270

Oh well, what can i say ?? I just love you guys!!! although i’m straight lol).
What a fantastic month August will be. I’m looking forward to it…

You can also count me in as a PS4 owner!!!

Aergan- 27 July, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   271

Looking forward to having a go at Most Wanted.

Any chance of getting the leeches at Square-Enix to let up on the PSOne prices?

thirteen82 27 July, 2013 @ 7:24 pm   272

Bang on, bang on.

Was close to selling my Vita but you pulled me back in, great titles recently.

Any chance of a Vita/PSP summer sale to top it off?

spectralheaven 27 July, 2013 @ 10:36 pm   273

SPEC OPS: THE LINE finally in EU! That’s like a dream come true. I’ve been waiting for so long since I heard this game was coming out for US. Thank you so much. Also Most Wanted out – this is just kuhhhrazzy! Thanks guys

gandalfyao 28 July, 2013 @ 12:51 am   274

exited about need for speed most wanted, love that game but anyone that playd maffia 2? is it good? :) acctuly never playd it XD

Terarded 28 July, 2013 @ 3:33 am   275

@274 its a very average game. its like a much cheaper grand theft auto. but the trophies are easy so if your interested in that then youll enjoy it :D

Ulic_SAA 28 July, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   276

So, anyone know when our beloved Jawad will make the August Plus content available? Is it like 00:01 Central European Time on July 29, or do us true Europeans have to wait for someone in the Arab Emirates’ EU server to switch the content to on?

Why can’t EU have their own server in Germany, and not having to share it with some archaic Sharia place like Dubai?

sicktrash 29 July, 2013 @ 10:24 am   277

i dont understand the dashboard layout for the “summer festival” sale. one of the tabs says coming soon-playstation plus with a pic of most wanted. then inside the tab is starhawk at the discounted price that ends wednesday but the other sale prices end 28/8/13. why the difference? is starhawk gonna be in ps+ at some point?! really confusing

DoYouLikeMyID 29 July, 2013 @ 11:02 am   278

@sicktrash

Starhawk has already been in the PS Plus Instant Games Collection, (Only the single-player, though) so it’s not going to be in it again.

counterUAVbaby 29 July, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   279

Good job Sony for destroying my console completely with your firmaware update and prevent me to get these games you will see on the other side on the next generation!

MASPALOMAZ 29 July, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   280

Max Payne 3 is $7.99 with plus

In US :) I think europe has mostly better PLUS content, but thats quite a deal.

WizzNL 29 July, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   281

Its less them 2 days till Summer Sale and theres still no info bout whats on sale. There hasnt been a single post or comment at all from our wonderfull Blog Crew for almost a week. Prolly too busy playing the Killzone Beta instead of doing their job.

EliteDave93 29 July, 2013 @ 9:37 pm   282

Update the EU store already! I want Mafia 2 and Most Wanted!

TrickishDcnc 30 July, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   283

Great list Only just got my 1 year plus this month and am already impressed with the ever changing list of games for vita and ps3 cant wait till tomorrow to get the newly added games. Ps Playstation Plus is a great service :)

Gyuszi13 30 July, 2013 @ 10:39 pm   284

Awesome month!Thx!

sullyshah 31 July, 2013 @ 12:43 am   285

How come the store hasnt been updated yet

DAVEHUDSON 31 July, 2013 @ 1:12 am   286

@285 the uk store wont get the update tell about 4 pm today if not befor

Amcj001 31 July, 2013 @ 5:51 am   287

What about Saints Row 3 is it gone ?? Because I want to get a PS+ again…

rauloo 31 July, 2013 @ 6:38 am   288

im loving the ps plus, will be my one year subscription soon! It’s really a great service so thanks guys! Great games this month.

My only request is will you be having Max Payne 3 any time soon or has it already been on plus before?

Ps: my first post :)

almostrodney 31 July, 2013 @ 7:13 am   289

Only been with ps plus about 2 months and I must say I’m impressed with everything so far :) just a couple of questions though:-

1. Is there a specific time on the 31st these titles change?

2. Is there a list of past ps plus games I have missed out on, just to see which I won’t be getting in the future.

Thanks again!

hilts663 31 July, 2013 @ 9:15 am   290

@289
Games will be available in about 2-3 hours… The list is here

abbsey78 31 July, 2013 @ 10:16 am   291

What time today are these available UK time please?

Phene90x 31 July, 2013 @ 11:10 am   292

whats the deal those new games are not there ?

Ulic_SAA 31 July, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   293

Finally, the content is up now. But I wish someone would announce in advance the exact time for next month.

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   294

Vita games are up still waiting ps3 games though. Vikings game is pretty good btw.

ar-bass 31 July, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   295

hey great games , but slow updateeeeee …
can you update more faster beacause is 31st of july now!!!!!!!

abbsey78 31 July, 2013 @ 1:00 pm   296

I just checked the content isn’t up now so don’t know how you claim it is. Chris Howe can you updated us on a time for the availability please?

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   297

@ 296 Your half right the PS3 games are still not available but both the Vita games are. Look them up in the games list rather than the ps plus tab in the Vita store, you wont find them there until later.

POGO_JAWZ 31 July, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   298

when will the store update so we can get these games ?

Ulic_SAA 31 July, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   299

You just need to search for “Vikings” and “The Lord Of The Rings” for Vita, instead of waiting for them to appear under “Now on PS VITA”…

MASPALOMAZ 31 July, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   300

@PLUS europe its brilliant compared to it steam, live and Sony USA can go home

@sales of last weeks/months, there was some great stuff in sales like uncharted,MGS, old GTA games (i actually regret not having bought SA or vice city at half price, if just to cruise thru the area listening to the radio stations), tomb raider was a gread price too for an amazing game…

Now if you look at the europe exclusive plus titles, its some great games and we got them free while USA had to pay for most of the better games ;)

If you look at how much the US people complain in their blog, and how many people in USA want our plus content, i think it isnt that bad and chris is doing a good job afaik he brought PLUS in the first place to sony, one of the greatest gaming inventions in all history of gaming since amiga/c64

Ulic_SAA 31 July, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   301

@300, how much are you getting paid for this meaningless rant? the folks at psn eu need to realize that there’t not much point in talking about “content out today”, when it’s still not. I think 12:00 should be a time limit. And yes, we’re entitled to complain, otherwise things will not get done…

Leraje68 31 July, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   302

What time do the new games hit the store today?

Leraje68 31 July, 2013 @ 1:54 pm   303

Scratch that, stupid last post shown was the 17th, my bad.

Ulic_SAA 31 July, 2013 @ 1:55 pm   304

If you click on “New this week on PlayStation Store”, you’ll find this week’s current content of “Stealth, Inc.” and such…

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   305

The updates are done way to late and when the sloooow download and the ridiculous install times are taken into account its even worse. Id really love to try out Spec Ops some time today maybe before i go back to work tomoz.
On a second note sorry to complain as PS Plus does deserve a huge amount of credit its an amazing service content wise.

johnnycide 31 July, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   306

3PM is pushing things a little, I know it’s not August yet and I know that we’re cheeky to complain about getting “free” games.

As mentioned before, some games seem to download faster than others, and it can be days before we get to play them. Would it not be possible to fix the update to 12 Midnight BST, that way we could download the games and have them waiting to install in the morning.

As is, I’ve been sat here waiting for about 5 hours now. That’s a bit much.

LazyGamer3 31 July, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   307

I agree, these games should be ready at midnight

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   308

@307 Yep midnight would be good, leaving them downloading and installing over night ready to play in the morning would be perfect.

@306 Nothing cheeky about it, although PS plus is a very very good service and great value for money it is not a free service and we never fully own the titles either.

dutchpride0318 31 July, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   309

Takes a long time !
I have a need to speed for today :-)
Come on PS , fix my need and give me my free goodies

theskillzy 31 July, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   310

chris im sorry but i bet your paid fairly well for the job you do so please do it for the love of sithis … if you cant get them on right now please tell us and tell us when it will be so we arent constantly checking the store …. you need to be more attentive we all pay our subscription and we want a good service (we do get one most times but this is silly)

johnnycide 31 July, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   311

There is no way in Hades I’ll be able to play any of these today now.

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 3:37 pm   312

@ 310 Agreed a heads up would be nice instead of constantly checking the store all day. Just think we still have to download and install the damn things yet. :-(

TheHmmisee 31 July, 2013 @ 3:43 pm   313

Nearly 1AM in Aus.. Hopefully the store will update soon!

johnnycide 31 July, 2013 @ 3:43 pm   314

That and a couple of the titles are from publishers with notoriously poor servers. I had to wait three days to DL Hitman. Three days! Catherine was 9gb and took about 45 mins, and Demon’s Souls about the same.

What happened to the claim that Sony made that PS Plus titles are “chosen from the top tier of critical acclaim, upholding a 70+ Metacritic score”?

Lego Lord of the Rings for PS Vita has just a 54 out of 100 rating, which is pretty poor compared to the above claim.

gandalfyao 31 July, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   316

Kimdah_ 31 July, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   317

Thanks for the awesome lineup of games for PS3 this month!

Though, I’d really like to see Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, or Portal 2 in the lineup. (All of them for the PS3)

Coninuing my subscription of PS+! <3

Tomiss_13 31 July, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   318

“its says the new game coming 31, its that day now, anybody nows whay it hasent come?”

Pretty strange. Usually it’s updated in early afternoon…

TheHazardsJoker 31 July, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   319

Right i need some help my mate on ps3 told me that i can download the august ps plus game today 31.7.2013 is this true cause every time i go on ps store there’s no update and the Igc is still the same game’s Thanks :)

TVR-77 31 July, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   320

This is really odd, its never took this long before ther must be something wrong. Maybe there will be a post incoming soon saying why there is such a long hold up.

@TheHazardsJoker This is a one off and usually the games are always available by the afternoon of the specified day. Just keep checking back.

dutchpride0318 31 July, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   321

I am now downloading spec ops , its the only one that works for now.

POGO_JAWZ 31 July, 2013 @ 5:24 pm   322

half past 5 and there still not on the store yet , will we ever get them today or will it be midnight 1st august ?

johnnycide 31 July, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   323

Spec ops works if you search for it. NFS is still 60 quid (Ha!). Haven’t checked Mafia yet.

thevix 31 July, 2013 @ 5:35 pm   324

i got all the online passes that are free for now, just search online passes when i was waiting to add some of the content thats free so added all the free online passes mostly ea stuff

dutchpride0318 31 July, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   325

Mafia 2 also works now

thevix 31 July, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   326

just most wanted and the lord of the rings on the vista left to do

YoungSMiLEZ 31 July, 2013 @ 5:52 pm   327

The games are live!! Happy downloading and ill see you on the road, providing the dust in your HDScreens.

POGO_JAWZ 31 July, 2013 @ 6:00 pm   328

mafia and spec ops works nfs doesnt :(

dutchpride0318 31 July, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   329

Yeah most wanted works !!!
Oh my girlfriend will hate me this weekend !
Need 4 speed most wanted
Maffia 2
Spec Ops the line
And tomorrow new mappack Black Ops 2

POGO_JAWZ 31 July, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   330

most wanted is up now

Lekhter 31 July, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   331

Why there is no LEGO LOTR in Ukrainian store?

Phene90x 31 July, 2013 @ 6:12 pm   332

Lego in uk still show that its not free.

hurleyboyk 31 July, 2013 @ 6:14 pm   333

All working and currently downloading. luckily, i had already downloaded the Mafia II free trail, so that’s one less to worry about. Can’t wait to get on NFS. Playstation Plus is a great service, but communication needs to be greatly improved.

Maybe a future store update can allow Plus users to automatically download new content from Instant Game Collection and save us all from hitting their website all day for an update. Failing that; an email notification of when content is available would help.

YoungSMiLEZ 31 July, 2013 @ 6:21 pm   334

All that extra communication will cost extra time & extra time = extra money, my internet is rather fast not too bothered with how ps+ works now. Just be glad youre not a member of the US/JAP PS+ store ;’)

JackBennett 31 July, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   335

I LOVE PS going to buy a couple years of plus ready for ps4!!!

CampofMusic 31 July, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   336

I’m really disappointed from you guys, Like every month I wait for the PSS to updated every time I go to see if it updated
and for the first time im really disappointed. now I realize that Lego: Lord of The Rings to PS VITA is not on Israel Users, WHY?!!?! i Paid 244 Shekel for Playstation Plus Subscription and i didn’t get what i really want to download and play !
why its that huh EU Plus ?
EU please i want it on ISraeli Users ! and fast its not fair!!!

P4G3Y-YIDARMY 31 July, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   337

Need for speed most wanted is not working for me, it simply downloads the online pass only anhe not the full game although I’m guessing/hoping that a fix for this is being worked on as I can’t be the only person this is affecting.

Alrenta 31 July, 2013 @ 8:04 pm   338

I’ve had a ps3 and vita for about 3 months now and got my plus sub at the same time, This service is fantastic. I’m getting married next year so all my salary is going into savings so my game budget has gone right down.
Due to this i can’t get many games at the moment, Only got last of us, ni no kuni, and defiance on discs. and uncharted on the vita. But thanks to plus got some great titles I would never of brought Katherine for one and never knew how fun it is.
Currently downloading lego lotr looking forward to playing that.
Keep up the great work can’t wait to see septembers content but until then nfs and lego lotr will keep me busy :oD

bf3wolfer 1 August, 2013 @ 12:33 am   339

What about us??? The last month was not cool please give us great game we are waiting a lot

Beowulf1211 1 August, 2013 @ 1:06 am   340

Most people dont know THIS but guess what??
NBA 2k13 is ALSO free this month for us…..its not in the instant game collection list so search it! :p

Fr0st_P1xel 1 August, 2013 @ 4:18 am   341

I am waiting since 2 days for the new free games of PS+ but I only got when vikings attack. LEGO lord of the rings isnt availaible on the store (cant even buy it if i wanted to). Now for PS3, Spec ops the line isnt free and same for Need for speed MW 2012 and mafia II. I was really looking forward to play those games but when I opened the store today (1st August 2013) on PS3 the games werent free. Just tell us the time they will be free!

ghattas 1 August, 2013 @ 6:47 am   342

I can’t find Lego LOTR or Spec Ops on the store, I live in UAE, will we get them anytime soon?

i didn’t get LEGO Lord Of The rings!!!
I want this game or another!!!
I is not in the store!!!

why its that huh EU Plus ?
EU please i want it on ISraeli Users ! and fast its not fair!!!

salvogdaze 1 August, 2013 @ 10:41 am   345

Why isn’t Lego LOTR not on the Turkish store? It seems only UK accounts can access it. Countless users from many countries seem to be affected by this, please provide us with a solution.

TheDevil533 1 August, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   346

I also did not get the game Lego
Really, really disappointing, you’ll alternate game or something else that’s not fair

zeleni2 1 August, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   347

Does anybody have problem with need for speed ? Mine is broken , corrupted data…..

Bloodshotz94 1 August, 2013 @ 9:50 pm   348

hi i need help because whenever i download mafia 2 from the IGC page it lets me download it but once thats down it says that it is a 1 hour trial , is there a fix around this

TheVladXp 1 August, 2013 @ 10:59 pm   349

@348,just play through the trial then the game will quit, and once you turn it again it will automaticaly uprgrade to full version.

jimyidioanna 2 August, 2013 @ 8:03 am   350

Where is the LEGO LOTR? Please upload it or replace it with a new game for PS Vita.

Flip122 2 August, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   351

What an amazing month for plus once again :D

I was wondering if one of my all time favorite ps3 games could be added to the IGC Folklore. I simply loved this game but sadly I had to sell it because my old playstation(60gb) broke down , luckily I have a new ps3 now but i can’t seem to get my hands on this awesome game.

Ghost_AC_RB 2 August, 2013 @ 8:23 pm   352

E fogo pq na PSN Plus EU tem mais games que a americana, ai como e que fica quem assina a conta americana, fica a chupar dedo…francamente a sony so da ratada nesse sentido…

Oako123 2 August, 2013 @ 9:06 pm   353

I’d absolutely love the following to join the Instant Game Collection:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. <- My favourite.
Read Dead Redemption.
Borderlands 2.
Max Payne 3.
Portal 2.
Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Vita:
FIFA 2013.
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation.
Wipeout 2048.
Sly Cooper: Theives in Time.

PLEASE any of these!

knut1c0 3 August, 2013 @ 6:46 am   354

I know this is not the blog for the Americas but I really want to know when this update is coming for us…

FirLocke 3 August, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   355

Really enjoying this month’s content, thank you very much SCEE! Spec Ops is pretty good, NFS is really fun as I’ve never played a NFS before
and I haven’t tried Mafia 2 yet but I’m eager to. Vita content could be a bit better though.

Are games like Far Cry 3 and Dishonored in the cards at all? I’m quite interested in those, but I’m saving up for the PS4. :)

BluSpykz 3 August, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   356

@353

Red Dead was already on Plus IGC and I can’t see Arkham Asylum on either as they had Arkham City.

Also on Vita, Wipeout has been on Plus IGC too.

neokillerandre6 3 August, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   357

will we see devil may cry (dmc) hitting ps plus anytime soon?

moodypostman 4 August, 2013 @ 8:57 am   358

please put dishonored on for next month

m550344 4 August, 2013 @ 9:56 am   359

Amazing games this month. They’ve really outdone themselves in the past couple months too. Is there any chance of fallout 3 anytime soon?

dullsville 4 August, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   360

I got a nice backlog now :)

gothicsyn 5 August, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   361

Well looks like I will be getting the remake of NFS: Most Wanted after all, considering this is probably my favourite release of the NFS series I kept away from the remake on purpose, namely cos I believe the series took a dive after Carbon, but it’s free so hey why not take a look.

derrickjones14 5 August, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   362

Will these games available in the U.S

MASPALOMAZ 5 August, 2013 @ 3:38 pm   363

@gothicsyn Most wanted is not a remake at all, it might be similiar to burnout paradise and hot pursuit, but i think its still its own game and a ton of fun , you dont like races you can just drive around or compete with your friends about the jumps , it will display the avatar in the billboard who made the record, i love this competition in most wanted and i think its a ton of fun even if some people say they crash a lot (you can optimize the cars, and some dont crash so easy anyways).

MadDogxIRLx 6 August, 2013 @ 11:03 pm   364

Hi, just wanted to ask if any one knows if we will also get that Hitman: Absolution game free on Plus tomorrow like they are in USA, hope so, would love to have a go on that, but feel it might not be out over here, sadly we don’t seem to be as lucky as USA, hope so some time that won’t be the case and that we will all be treated equally.. thx..

MASPALOMAZ 6 August, 2013 @ 11:11 pm   365

@MadDogxIRLx we already got it in may sorry bud.

MadDogxIRLx 6 August, 2013 @ 11:16 pm   366

@MASPALOMAZ Thanks for getting back so quick with a reply, looks like i’ve gone and signed up to Plus too late then lol.. no worries, cheers m8…

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/MadDogxIRLx/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/MadDogxIRLx.png[/img] [/url]

ard3nt_gamer 7 August, 2013 @ 11:23 pm   367

come on it’s not fair when everyone is getting spec ops why don’t we get it in UAE. i know its banned then give us another game instead. the same happened with red dead redemption

superfurryrug 9 August, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   368

hi i wonder if u can help me i have just been charged for my free games this month need for speed and mafia 11 and also how do u change your email adress as i have missed out a letter thanks.

Blackxino 9 August, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   369

we WANT Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks on PSN Store PS2 Classics.
(i will not stop until this is achieved on EU PSN Store) >:/

hayzink 9 August, 2013 @ 12:47 pm   370

@Blackxino

spamming every blog post with same post is not the way to get it.

email NetherRealm Studios or wb games its up to them to submit it to sony

MadDogxIRLx 10 August, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   371

@superfurryrug the same thing happened to my friend in UK also, i’m in Ireland and have been lucky enough to have had no problem in getting it, but like i said my friend in UK thinks he’s just spent £20 on getting whats meant to be a FREE game..

jdayrit07 10 August, 2013 @ 8:07 pm   372

damn..EU PS PLUS IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE US..Maybe i should create a EU account for this..

Phene90x 13 August, 2013 @ 10:22 am   373

Any idea what games we will get for september, or is it too early ?

@Blackxino: WE dont want that, YOU want that. I could care less bout Shaolin Monks.

@Phene90x: They gonna announce them next week Fred said yesterday.

Kamil1987pro 13 August, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   375

When for september update?? DMC maybe borderlands 2??

supersmith2500 13 August, 2013 @ 4:20 pm   376

@Kamil1987pro:
Find out next week.

Miller3188 14 August, 2013 @ 1:54 pm   377

Hola buenas, me quedan 3 dias de psplus, por lo que me he dispuesto a renovar por 3 meses… El caso es que lo he comprado y me sigue poniendo 3 dias… Que me renueva cuando acabe? O tarda un rato o que, porque los 15 euros si que me los ha chupado rapido… Eso no tarda…

whydoyoudothisps 14 August, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   378

Hello there, I am pretty new to the ps plus thingy, and when I went to try out some of those nifty game trials, I saw the battlefield 3 game, so i try to download the free game trial, but it does not offer me a choice of version so it only lets me download the full game and not the trial ;( so I would like to know if this is an error or something or if there is a bigger problem that wont be resolved. Thank you very much!

Nightmare966 14 August, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   379

@Miller3188: Puedes esperar a que te expire el juego dentro de 3 dias y entrar en el (se te actualizará la información entones) O puedes darle a Descargar a los juegos que tengas (sin borrarlos!) y cancelar la descarga — se te habrá renovado la información en ese juego.

You should try in English next time though!

Phene90x 14 August, 2013 @ 11:22 pm   380

Here’s hopping that the upcoming ps plus games aren’t shooters.

MASPALOMAZ 14 August, 2013 @ 11:27 pm   381

@ whydoyoudothisps

you can download trials of games. This is the FULL game download but it only works for one hour :) But to get bf3 for free i think its gone now from plus…

hey there anybody knows which games be free to plus members in september?
note: i use turkish psn

supersmith2500 15 August, 2013 @ 12:01 am   383

@fozcam:
Fred said next week.

@MadDogxIRLx:
Hitman was already on Plus.