Posted 22 July

The making of Castle of Illusion HD – new video

Hi everyone. Back in May, we released our Behind the Scenes Video Part 1 which gave you a glimpse of how the original game was developed. Sega Studios Australia team also shared their excitement in working on a re-imagined version of their favorite game from their childhood, teaming up with the game director of the original game.

In this latest video, the development team share some of the key steps they took to bring the title to life while taking advantage of the latest gaming technology.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

nice, are you planning for a vita version ?

Nightmare966 22 July, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   2

I’ve never played the original, but I did play Mickey’s Wild Adventure back on PSX, and this game does remind me of it.

Which is a good sign :D

I hope the final release date is announced soon :)

Never played the original but this looks fun.

Sackboypsn 22 July, 2013 @ 5:20 pm   4

Looking nice, and from what I can tell a lot of work has been put into the overall atmosphere of the game, which in my opinion is what made the old Megadrive one such a classic back yonder.

Hoping for a good game and much success to those who have worked hard developing it.

VitalogyPJ 22 July, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   5

It’s a shame this game isn’t going to be on the Vita because it fits perfecty on the console. Oh well…

ShadowGandalf 22 July, 2013 @ 8:34 pm   6

As someone who HAS played the original, and still does from time to time, I have to say, this looks very promising. I’ll definitely buy.

bradigor1981 22 July, 2013 @ 8:37 pm   7

Needs a Vita port. Will be day one for that. I much prefer my 2D platformers on there. This is an ideal fit too.

MsclQuake 22 July, 2013 @ 10:24 pm   8

I agree, it should be on the Vita as well. All the platform type games and fighting games play really well on the Vita

If it were on Vita I’d buy it. Played the original all summer as a kid, great game!

cowbanana 23 July, 2013 @ 11:36 am   10

Sweet Vita version… oh wait… NOT interested in this then.

I want my platformers on my Vita! Not interested in playing games like this on PS3.

Urouborous 23 July, 2013 @ 11:53 am   11

@Rochala,
Vita version would be pretty nice but i don’t believe it ever happen :(
@All,
I can’t believe such a game missing Vita. Same with Duck Tales :(
Losing hope…

myron-bliss 23 July, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   12

Seeing all these ‘Vita version please!’-posts make me pretty happy, it seems that a lot of people do like their handheld… it’s just a shame Vita’s doing so poorly right now. Tretton seems right: people love it when they’ve got a Vita in their hands :)

As a day one owner, I too love my Vita and would like to see Ducktales and Mickey Mouse on it.. it just seems like the perfect fit! :D

Please make it happen, Sony! :D:D:D

Urouborous 23 July, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   13

You’re right @myron-bliss, you’re absolutely right.
Sony please, make it happen for God sake >_<

aros2011 23 July, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   14

I thought this was coming to Vita? That’s a real disappointment. I won’t be buying for PS3 guys but would day one for Vita. As more and more people get Vitas devs are throwing away thousands of sales by not bothering to port games over.

aros2011 23 July, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   15

This was originally announced for Vita back in April, I can find loads of news coverage announcing it as coming to Vita.

Have they cancelled the Vita version?

I hate the way huge devs and publishers never bother to reply on the blog.

Carnivius_Prime 23 July, 2013 @ 10:31 pm   16

I dunno. I just have a problem with these types of games using 3D graphics. I just find things a hell of a lot easier to see in the original 2D graphics. Something’s always ‘lost in the translation’ for me with this kind of thing. Same goes for 2D HD remakes of old low resolution 2D games. This does look well done though. Although I could live without Mickey’s voice added to the game (never could stand his voice and is one of many reasons I never liked him as much as Donald Duck :P)

skz_newkiNgz 31 July, 2013 @ 10:34 am   17

has anyone got ps3 and psvista hooked up to each othe and whsts it like? and ps4 ps4 comes out november has anyone tried it out already?