Posted 23 July
God of War: Ascension co-op weapons unleashed
The team at Sony Santa Monica has been working on an array of new weapons, armours, maps, and more for your champions. Today, we’re pleased to unveil a whole new set of weapons made especially for executing brutal co-op moves. With more than 10 possible co-op moves, these Mythological Heroes Weapons make an excellent addition to any arsenal. The new weapons include:
- Spear of Achilles
- Hammer of Odysseus
- Sword of Orion
- Sword of Perseus
We’ve also added Mythological Heroes Armours, previously reserved for those who pre-ordered God of War: Ascension. These include the Armour of Achilles, Odysseus, Orion, and Perseus.
The Mythological Heroes Weapons are available now on the PlayStation Network Store – simply search for “God of War”.
How do I use co-op weapons?
These weapons were designed to execute co-op moves easily to deliver heavy blows to your opponents. Here’s how they work:
1. Equip one of the four co-op weapons
2. Enter any multiplayer mode for God of War: Ascension
3. Execute either your L1 Triangle or L1 Square special attacks
4. Upon special attack execution, a green halo will appear over your champion’s head
5. Have a team mate tether you when the green halo appears to begin the co-op move
Only one player has to have a co-op weapon equipped to perform a special co-op move, but feel free to have as many teammates equipped with them as you like. The more mayhem, the better.