You’ve asked, we’ve listened and at last we are ecstatic to be able to bring iOS offline functionality to the service!
All our iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch customers can now store their favourite tracks within the app, allowing you to listen to any song, album or playlists of your choice, anywhere you go and without an internet connection. We can also offer all of this with our widespread high quality audio capabilities.
Listening to music offline is simple:
- Select a playlist, song or album that you’d like to download.
- Tap the “Options” button on the right of the album, track or playlist you’d like to download
- Select “Download Album” from the pop up menu.
- Once you select the music for download, hit the all new “Menu” button on the top left of the app and you’ll see the “My Downloads” queue to check the progress of your downloading tracks.
- Once the tracks are finished downloading, you’ll immediately see the list of artists, albums, songs and playlists in the “My Downloads” tab. They are all available to hear while online or offline.
- To listen offline, simply set the “Offline Mode” switch to “ON” and you’ll be taken immediately to your download list where you can select tracks by Artists, Albums, or Songs, or by Playlists.
Follow these easy steps to activate HQ Audio*:
- Select the “Menu” button, and then select the “Settings” option.
- Select “ON” where you see “High Quality Audio HQ Streaming”.
- Once HQ Audio is activated, you’ll see an “HQ” badge next to the right of the track information when you play a song.
At the end of this month, we will also be launching playlist sharing to the web application, allowing you to easily share your Music Unlimited playlists to friends through Facebook, Twitter or email.
Just create a playlist, click the “Like” (Facebook), “Tweet” (Twitter) or “Copy URL” (Email) and you can deliver your songs of choice straight to your social feed. Once the recipient clicks the playlist link you’ve shared, they can listen to the songs in the playlist if they’re a Music Unlimited subscriber. They can even put a copy of your playlist in their own library to enjoy. Those who aren’t subscribed to Music Unlimited yet can view the entire playlist and listen to 30 second samples of each song.
While you’re busy sharing your favorite playlists with friends, don’t forget to remind them that there’s never been a better time to subscribe to the Music Unlimited service with the special One Year Premium Subscription for half off the regular price.