Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:03pm

PlayStation Store Update 31st July 2013

Enter the world of Cloudberry Kingdom, a new platformer with randomly generated levels to cater to your skill level. Whether you are a casual player or a platforming prodigy, Cloudberry Kingdom will serve levels to challenge you. Its hero is also named Bob. We all like Bob!

Also available this week are Superfrog HD, Zeno Clash 2 and now, PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD for PS Vita.

Our #playstationmemories sale is still going on and there’s one more week left for the PS3 leg of the promotion. Speaking of promotions, lots of other titles will be also go on offer in our Summer Festival sale, which I know many of you were patiently waiting for. That’s not all, we’re also holding a Need for Speed franchise sale, too where a whole host of NFS content has been discounted.

Lastly, PlayStation Plus has new content shuffling in, which now includes EA’s Need for Speed Most Wanted, Lego Lord of the Rings for Vita and more besides.

Full round up below.

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus – August Update

PEGI: 7

Invizimals: Hidden Challenges
Price: Free
PEGI: 3
Availability: France and Italy only

KEY_IMAGE_ENG_410957_THUMBIMG
Narco Terror (Trial available – except in Germany)
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 16

EP0005-NPEB01395_00-RIPDSCEEFULLGAME_en_THUMBIMG
R.I.P.D.: The Game
Price: £5.99/€7.49
PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available in Germany, New Zealand

EP4064-NPEB01316_00-SUPERFROG0000000_THUMBIMG
Superfrog HD
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 3

EP2043-NPEB01328_00-GAMEPURCHASE0001_en_THUMBIMG
The Last Bounty Hunter (Trial available)
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available in Turkey

EP0700-NPEB01339_00-TURBOSSSDIGITAL0_en_THUMBIMG
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
Price: £34.99/€44.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Bulgaria, Greece, India, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine

EP0005-NPEB01351_00-ZENOCLSH2FULLHDD_en_THUMBIMG

Zeno Clash 2 (Trial available, except in Germany)
Price: £8.99/€11.25

Bioshock Infinite

Prices: £3.69/€4.49

Breakquest: Extra Evolution

• 100 Balls

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

• Cod: Black Ops 2 Vengeance (available from 1st August)

Prices: £11.59/€14.49

Dynasty Warriors 8

God of War: Ascension

• Mantles of the Gods

Prices: £0.59/€0.75
Availability: Al

Injustice Gods Among Us

Prices: £3.99/€4.99

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

Time And Eternity

Availability: Not available in Russia

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

315 Comments 23 Author replies
Show oldest first

Awesome month for plus thanks SCEE!

Now start the complaining in…
GO!

JammieDodgerz 31 July, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   2

I have no clue why we haven’t seen Rachet: Gladiator? It’s the exact same as the U.S version just with a different name. I don’t understand the delay.

Thank you for the update anyhow! :)

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

Not totally true.

There are some technical issues with it. There may be another update soon, but please don’t get your hopes too high.

Voodoo341 31 July, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   3

I thought Superfrog and Narco were both to get PS+ discounts?

Nightmare966 31 July, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   4

Good week for me: Martian Manhunter and the Plus titles as well :D

Jamesyp00 31 July, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   5

No chance of that cheap Max Payne 3 or Defiance then?
Will the stores be this much different when the PS4 rolls out?

Rusworch 31 July, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   6

I guess it’s time I just give up on Legend of Dragoon being added at all.
Oh well.

any news on the Japanese voices for Dynasty Warriors 8? Any Dynasty Warriors 8 avatars perhaps?

also asked on another blog post but doubtful it will be seen or have a response. is there any reason why the recent blog posts aren’t updating?

this is what recent posts show for me

1. Stealth Inc sneaks onto PlayStation 3 and PS Vita tomorrow
2. LittleBigPlanet update: Contraption Challenge 18 results!
3. The making of Castle of Illusion HD – new video
4. Atomic Ninjas first gameplay trailer released
5. Do Not Fall drops onto PS3 this week

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Some DW8 stuff is scheduled for the coming weeks so look forward to those :)

Strange – It’s more something Fred would know but he’s MIA. I’m seeing it fine on my end (same as a consumer would see it). Perhaps clear your cache and see if that works.

Hexahedronaut 31 July, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   8

Afternoon hope your having a good day Jawad having to work outside in this rain has sucked today so it’s good to come home to a great update all 3 ps3 plus games, cloudberry kingdom and bio shock infinite for me. If you have any info could I ask for a status report on runner 2? I bought the American version but getting a dollar card was so much hassle and I really want the DLC for it.

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:20 pm

From my sources, it should be available pretty soon. Like, real soon… fingers crossed, yep?

Was going to get pixeljunk but it’s showing as £9.99 on the store for me and not £7.99.
Is the blog post price incorrect or the store price?

Got the Vita Plus games but no sign of the PS3 games yet…

MASPALOMAZ 31 July, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   10

nice one, thug :D

CyberDarg 31 July, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   11

Will we be getting the GTA V Avatars that the US store have got?

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

There will be two available. Not sure if they are the same as the US.

Superfrog HD, PS+ and Bioshock DLC (season pass) for me! Still waiting for DLC sale.

Domino2097 31 July, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   13

SUPERFROG :D

SwingerE11 31 July, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   14

mafia ii ain’t appearing as free on the web store

Dr-abdulelah 31 July, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   15

hello Jawad Ashraf
LEGO The Lord of the Rings ( ps vita )
still not available in saudi arabia playstation store

Asmerith 31 July, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   16

No PixelJunk Monsters HD in Australia? That makes me sad :( What’s the reason why just out of curiosity?

NewDust 31 July, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   17

Hey Jawad,

Nice store update, with some great sales!
About those sales… Sometimes I want to make use of an offer, but I can’t because I got the item already for free with my PS+ subbscription. Because bought content is also playable after my subscription ends (don’t worry though, have been PS+ since day one and have no intend of ending this). But also I sometimes want to support a developer by buying their stuff when I liked it. Could you ask the Store/UI team if this possibly could be made available?

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

Unfortunately this isn’t possible. It is set up so you are entitled to the free content of the month. It’s nice of you to want to support them further, though :) You could always set up a secondary account for that purpose if you so wished.

TheMART 31 July, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   18

After the very disappointing Summer Sale that has virtually nothing for PSVita, we get the just as bad Lego game on PSVita this month.

Ah well at least the last couple of months were good on the IGC for PSVita…

And I’ll buy Superfrog HD from Team17 as I already played that on my Amiga 500. A full blown level editor for the PSVita for that game too, cross buy only for that money, great deal. Will buy it today.

And the PS3 content on IGC side is good too, I’ll play NFS for sure.

So SCEE, partly thanks, for the PS3 IGC, and Superfrog HD, maybe I will thank you some more if the big Summer Sale really gets worth it mid August when you’ll update it with great content and not the weak stuff that is in there now for 2 weeks.

Lord_Gremlin 31 July, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   19

Please comment on next Soul Sacrifice DLC and Deadpool DLC.

CreditDue 31 July, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   20

Where are the GTAV avatars?

Deadpool0666 31 July, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   21

Good update :) Could I ask about PS2 classics? I was wondering now that the new Star Wars battlefront has been announced, would we see the original Star Wars battlefront (1 & 2) out on the store at some point? I loved those games and I have wanted them since the ps2 classics section was opened. Thanks :)

IvanFoul 31 July, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   22

I bought Monsters this morning for £9.99, have I been overcharged? Either way, completely worth it.

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Sorry, this is indeed £9.99 and the post above will be amended ASAP!

tomtvdale 31 July, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   23

When is Spelunky coming to Vita? I was expecting it today as it has been advertised as July. I can’t wait to play it!

Maddy01 31 July, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   24

Yeah, where are the GTAV avatars? Come on, Sony! You’ve pulled them off last week, and the USA already have m’

xX_HOJAT_Xx 31 July, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   25

hey Jawad , why PS plus is 64.99 USD on UAE PS store but 48.99 USD on USA PS store , what’s the difference , while both are in USD ?

Do you think that any of the thatgamecompany games will be either going on Plus or receiving any discounts. Also would love to see Pixeljunk shooter 1/2 on there!

Well done on the awesome update this month!

Superfrog? As in the old Amiga game? Cool!

Is it not cross buy then? I guess not because it doesn’t say. If it was cross buy I’d buy it immediately.
The sort of game I’d like to play at home on the TV, but also take with me sometimes.

What about size? How big would the Vita version be?

Cheers, and thanks.

Orangegamer1 31 July, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   28

Hey Jawad, I know you have been asked many questions as of right now, but I was just wondering if the Store is actually updated?

Sadly, the Store for me has not been updated on PSN and Web Store for the Plus Games.

Was hoping to play them over this month D:

Carnivius_Prime 31 July, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   29

Hm, was going to buy Superfrog but after seeing pics of it I’m not so sure now. The Amiga version had nicer graphics.

CrookedWings 31 July, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   30

Hey Jawad, Lego Lord of the Rings isn’t available at the Israeli Playstation Store either.

Just out of curiosity, will we get a different game instead?

fungame20 31 July, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   31

Will we ever see some ps1 or ps2 at some point i mean its great to see same classic games like rayman for the vita but I want to see more of the old games like suikoden etc.

turbogeek421 31 July, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   32

Man! I’d have preferred NBA 2K13 over Spec Ops: The Line!

Still one of the best PS+ updates to date!

helder-paulino 31 July, 2013 @ 3:23 pm   33

I can’t find none of the games for free for PS+, I have the games that were free last month

SwingerE11 31 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   34

non of the IGC’s have been updated

ShogunDarius 31 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   35

We likely to see Grandia, Black Rock Shooter or Atelier Totori Plus go on sale anytime soon?

TINTINTB303 31 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   36

Does anyone know if Mafia 2 was ever patched?!? I bought it about 18 months ago and could never play past chapter 13 ["chop chop"] due to an infinite loading screen. :-(

MASPALOMAZ 31 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   37

THE NEW PLUS GAMES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD AFTER SONY EUROPE GETS 5 “THANKS” TODAY. Could be some more hours.

Lord_Gremlin 31 July, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   38

Is it really so hard to ask about Soul Sacrifice DLC for which compatibility patch been out for a week? And Deadpool DLC which is out in US now? I want more Deadpool…

Dem-ON555 31 July, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   39

Great update,
But when can we expect “Lego Lord of the rings”? The game itself is not even available in PS Store.

When can we expect this update to be live? To save me checking the store constantly :3

bradigor1981 31 July, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   41

Hi,

Will we be seeing Nikoli Puzzle V Slitherlink in the EU store at any point? The US got it this week and it was one of the games I was most looking forward to.

Hexahedronaut 31 July, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   42

Thanks for the reply so yep fingers crossed!.

PTlls0ulHunt3rll 31 July, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   43

Why the europe don’t have the NBA2k13!!! OMG INJUSTICE!!!

belkin74 31 July, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   44

is this todays update coz there is nothing new on the UK store yet???

MaxRstar 31 July, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   45

superfrog for me <3

MaxiM_82 31 July, 2013 @ 3:29 pm   46

I guess TORO’s Friend Network is too much to ask?

Jawad Ashraf 31 July, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

I have mentioned this in past weeks. There aren’t plans at the moment. If things change we will update you.

hilts663 31 July, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   47

Hello, is the Store Update today or what? Who do I have to (CENSORED) to get the price lowered for The Line?

Reality_palez 31 July, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   48

How about the Godfather 2

INS1GHTFUL 31 July, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   49

I think I know the answer already, but will pixeljunk monsters be crossbuy? I bought it on PS3 and PSP already. I would happily play it again on vita but tough to justify buying for a third time.

Light_23-LCie 31 July, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   50

Oooo GoW DLC~ I got CE on monday and im really really loving multiplayer. Really don’t see all the hate. That said i’v played all GoW games xD

As for updates it be cool to be able to download PS+ content. Can’t seem to find it >.< hehe

Load all