Posted 4:03pm

KickBeat fights its way onto PS Vita and PS3 next month

KickBeat

It’s been a long, long time coming, but we are so excited to announce that KickBeat will be available for download not only to your PS Vita, but also on PlayStation 3 on 4th September.

We heard so many of you asking for the game on PS3 so we put our heads down, guzzled gallons of energy drinks and just made it happen! Best of all, the game will be Cross Buy, so buy it once and enjoy it on both screens at no additional charge.

If you are hearing about KickBeat for the first time, I welcome you to check out a few of our previous blog posts and trailers.

And now, in the spirit of awesomely cheesy kung fu movies, we bring you this:

In the next KickBeat post, I’ll be showing you how to rock out to your very own tracks in KickBeat, so stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for more details!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

This game realy kicks.
Off topic: could we get some discount on the store for Zen Pinball tables other then the Star Wars ones?

dirtyCAT79 7 August, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   2

Yay.
I promise to get this if you promise to make an announcement about Castle Storm coming to the vita :p

Bugabuser69 7 August, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   3

When will castlestorm come on ps3?

dogwalker4000 7 August, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   4

The video is private :(

dogwalker4000 7 August, 2013 @ 4:18 pm   5

Nevermind…working now :P

Looks cool, will deffo keep my eye out for it now it’s cross-buy too.

AgentChaos 7 August, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   6

Looks interesting. Will there be a demo version too, to help me make up my mind?

DoYouLikeMyID 7 August, 2013 @ 4:46 pm   7

I’m really intrigued by this. I love games where your own music library comes into play… So to speak.

If there is a demo, (and I like it), and it’s reasonably priced, I will most definately buy this. I’ll mostly play it on Vita, but I can’t complain about getting the PS3 version for free! :D

XnoobsquadX 7 August, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   8

was hoping for a game like this. absolutely loved bust a groove. :D Gj on making a game that takes the genre to a next level.
Any price indicator? so i can stock my wallet when it hits the store.

Dante_Zero 7 August, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   9

I can not wait for this. I have been eagerly waiting for this game for a long time and now it finally has a release date. If this game has a platinum trophy I’ll be rocking that. Great news that it’s getting a PS3 version and cross-buy. :)

TrulyALie 7 August, 2013 @ 5:15 pm   10

You can add your own music into this game right?

KylieDog 7 August, 2013 @ 5:46 pm   11

+1 for more Zen table sales. :p

I’ll try demo on this when it out.

Cr4z7WolF 7 August, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   12

Finally :) .. day one buy … what i see from this game it was great, and now with our own musics, just fantastic !!

ChazzH69 7 August, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   13

Looking forward to the PS Nation podcast next week when we get to hear from Zen Studios about Kickbeat and everything else!

#Zencast

silmorat1 7 August, 2013 @ 8:08 pm   14

Sounds good! Looks like fun too and cross buy…..I will look forward to seeing more.

Also +1 for more Zen pinball tables but it seems only our cousins in America get all the offers :-(

MsclQuake 7 August, 2013 @ 10:32 pm   15

This game looks so fun. Its going to have me in Disco Combat mode for hours hahah I can see myself dancing with my Vita and I like to laugh when I play so I know this is going to brighten my day! Thanks !

TrueMurton 8 August, 2013 @ 8:34 am   16

Far far too many music games have a tracklist selected by committee in an attempt to please everyone and end up pleasing no one, nothing worse than being forced to play something I don’t like in order to progress.

From the tracks confirmed so far it looks like you’ve avoided this trap so well done there. Also putting our own music in there, such a obvious way to boost appeal that everyone else has ignored so again great move.

I’ll definitely be trying the demo, if the gameplay is as good as it looks in the video, I’ll grab the full game as well.

GANTZn00b 8 August, 2013 @ 11:08 am   17

im sorry for the offtopic , id just like to ask if there are any new pinball tables planned? that would be really cool.

sephiroth399 8 August, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   18

ive been having lots of fun recently with vikings attack with the crossplay feature a;; on one console, will this support the same feature?

biskiel17 8 August, 2013 @ 8:56 pm   19

Perfect bday gift; thanks Bobby!!