Posted 7 August

PSP and PS Vita sale starts today – tell us your #PlayStationMemories

PSMemories_PSVita_PSP_featured_image

It’s been quite a ride so far as we have worked our way through the consoles that have made the PlayStation brand a global phenomenon.

But our story would not be complete without taking a look at our handheld platforms. The PSP revolutionised portable gaming with amazing screen, robust multimedia capabilities and connectivity with our other Sony platforms. But what we all really love are games, and the PSP produced some real classics. Our very own God of War: Chains of Olympus tops it for me but how can we forget Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, WipEout Pure and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. What a great library.

That brings us to our latest console, the PS Vita. Now in terms of lifespan, PS Vita is just a youngster, so what we want to know from you is what your best moments with it have been so far? This magical piece of kit is here to stay and it’s only going to get better with the PS4!

Personally I love playing FIFA 13 on its crystal clear screen; it passes the time brilliantly on my journey to and from PlayStation HQ every day. I am also eagerly awaiting the release of Tearaway in November which will really show the power of this console.

To celebrate our handheld platforms we have arranged a few discounts off some classic titles – and check back in two weeks’ time when we will add a few more! Don’t forget to share your memories!

F1 2011
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95

Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Not available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Sweden)
Was €39.99/£34.99/AU$54.95, now €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Valkyria Chronicles II (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €12.99/£9.99/AU$18.45, now €6.99/£5.49/AU$10.35

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Was €34.99/£29.99/AU$47.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$32.95

Alien Breed
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.75, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.49, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Final Fantasy Tactics War of Lions (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Thomas Was Alone
Was €7.49/£5.9, now €3.49/£2.79
Additional 10% off for PS Plus members

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Guacamelee!
Was €12.99/£9.99/AU$18.45, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95

Michael Jackson The Experience HD
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Asphalt Injection
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

202 Comments 19 Author replies
Show oldest first

Splutterbug 7 August, 2013 @ 11:04 am   1

Cool, might have to give Guacamelee! a try

Speedfreak_R 7 August, 2013 @ 11:05 am   2

Will all the listed PSP-titles be playable on PS Vita? If so, there goes my credit.. :P

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:29 am

Valkyria Chronicles II, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker are all playable on PS VITA as well as PSP

ChaosMash 7 August, 2013 @ 11:06 am   3

@Chris
Any chance of us getting the rest of the Disgaea series in a Sale in the near future?

A good selection of titles, with a large selection of genres, there are 4 games for me here Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, FFT, MHU.

Any discount for Sound Shapes + DLC? I seen that the US are getting an anniversary sale

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:31 am

Yep there will be a discount on this, they are being added to the summer sale later today :)

Will definitely be picking up Disgaea 3 since I sadly sold my physical copy a while back as I never thought I’d get around to playing it… So many good titles on sale!

When will the deals be going live? Already itching to buy D3 but it still shows as full price at the moment. :)

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:31 am

Deals will go live when the store updates, this will happen throughout the day

Nice sale, nothing for me but still its a nice one.

Chris can you please try for a discount at Sid Meier’s Pirates! ?

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:32 am

We won’t be able to put it in this sale I’m afraid but leave it with me

Razgriz375 7 August, 2013 @ 11:11 am   7

My PSP memory would be playing Ace Combat X all the time. Could you not replace Joint Assault with Ace Combat X?

Maybe FF Tactics for me – loads of good titles for people who don’t buy so many games. Well done Sony.

Is there any chance to get a good discount on Half Minute Hero? Down to about £5?

Also is there any hope of an NIS sale at some point? I’m interested in lots of their PSP titles at £4 or under but they are just too much right now.

Also I would like to see Manhunt PSP reduced please.

Will you be bringing WTF – Work Time Fun to the EU store? I used to love that game on PSP! I would buy it for full price. It’s on the USA store so please, please, please work to bring it over! Or ideally even an HD version for Vita. Perhaps buy the rights and do it yourselves? The Gacha machine would be an ideal fit for Near functionality.

no discount on persona 4 golden. Too bad

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:33 am

Sorry guys I will say now that we have tried but we have to respect the wishes of the publishers at the end of the day

Ry_Ratchet 7 August, 2013 @ 11:16 am   10

Is R&C Size Matters going to be discounted? it’s the only PSP game I’m willing to buy again since I have it on UMD.

lukeroux 7 August, 2013 @ 11:16 am   11

Disgaea link does not work for me.
Probably will get FF, Valkyria and Guacamelee.

Luizelgespuizel 7 August, 2013 @ 11:17 am   12

I own all the good games on list except for Valkyria 2. Are we also getting a Silent Hill Vita discount like on the US store ?

supersmith2500 7 August, 2013 @ 11:17 am   13

Better sale first of all. I will share my memories over at the forums later on. ; )

Hutchfull 7 August, 2013 @ 11:19 am   14

my best ps vita memory is when sony blocked the ability to access foreign accounts on one memory card…

as for psp metal slug anthology and ultimate ghosts n goblins are missing from the EU store…

lukeroux 7 August, 2013 @ 11:20 am   15

Ohh I see It’s because I live in Poland.

chrisboers 7 August, 2013 @ 11:20 am   16

My #PSPMemory: I’m actually not sure what I got first: My PS3, or my PSP! I DO remember holding it for the very first time, and being amazed at the weight of it. The PSP felt absolutely solid, and one of the most tech-loaded devices I’ve ever bought.
I’m still amazed with the amount of functionality that was crammed into that device. I remember using it as a TV-screen (streaming TV signal from my PC TV tuner to the PSP), and even controlling my PC through VNC.

The PSP gave me the feeling only rivalled by the original C64. Anything seemed possible, even things that it wasn’t supposed to be able to do!

Oh, and of course it also played games…

very tempted by disgaea and valkyria chronicles 2… I’ll wait and see for now since there’s the rest of summer sales next week. how long do these deals last?

paullavender 7 August, 2013 @ 11:24 am   18

what no ps3 games. disgusting sony you always forget us in your sales. etc etc. lol

No Disgaea love for Finns.. :< Otherwise nice sale. Hope my 32gb card arrives soon, so I can DL these bad boys to me Vita.

MASPALOMAZ 7 August, 2013 @ 11:28 am   20

@paullavender

lol was thinking the same, but suppose there is ps3 sale incoming today or next 2 days.

oh and my best memories are with the vita despite it being so recent. the psp was an awesome system but the Vita was the first system i ever pre-ordered. I went to the reveal event in Lisbon on december 17th (the day it released in japan) and was very excited about the system.
this year i’ve spent a lot of time stuck in the hospital being treated for leukemia and the PS Vita has been a true lifesaver to kill time and distract me from pain and dull moments.
It is an awesome system and constantly competing with my ps3 for my attention.
Oh and that hauntingly beautiful screen!!!!!!!!!

murgolicious 7 August, 2013 @ 11:31 am   22

I remember playing and getting addicted to Metal Gear Ac!d :)

SuperJag86 7 August, 2013 @ 11:34 am   23

The PS Vita had an awesome initial three months. The quality of games available was brilliant. My faves include Uncharted, Rayman, and the gorgeous Gravity Rush. Later on I loved Persona 4, AC3, Most Wanted and LBP.

In the future I really would like to see the likes of Infamous, Bioshock, FF, and GT come to the system. Sequels to Uncharted and Gravity Rush wouldn’t go amiss either.

I was a big lover of the PSP too from Lumines to Burnout Legends in the early days to Peace Walker at the end which still wows me today given how it was a full MGS game. The Syphon Filter’s were awesome too.

My PSP was always with me at University during breaks and when I had cancer it was a lifesaver during all those long hospital stays.
Today I always boot up my Vita for a quick game every now and then and when I’m having a bad day cos of my health a session helps take my mind off things.

This is a nice sale but I hope Sony sticks with and pushes for more big titles for the Vita so we can keep making even more Playstation Memories in the future.

Voodoo341 7 August, 2013 @ 11:36 am   24

SCEE sales have been terrible this summer. Time to shut it down Sony!

SuperJag86 7 August, 2013 @ 11:37 am   25

Also please prod Atlus to bring Muramasa Rebirth over here. It’s such a shame that such a gorgeous game isn’t available here!

Serpantino 7 August, 2013 @ 11:38 am   26

My favourite memory was with my PSP one winter when the water tank had burst in the loft and I was left without electricity or heating for a weekend. I huddled under 2 duvets in a sleeping bag with my psp and 2 spare batteries and I played through Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core. What a great game; it was like all the best bits of FF7 without the hours of filler.

That game NEEDS to be on PSN so I can play it again on my vita!

TW_DoomMachine 7 August, 2013 @ 11:38 am   27

But we will get Summer Festival sale update today as well, right? the Most was already on sale before or for free for PlaystationPlus subscribers so I am not impresed. I liked very much Thives in Time sale though….

Chris Howe 7 August, 2013 @ 11:46 am

The Summer Festival deals will be updated next week. We are adding Sound Shapes and various DLC packs to it today to celebrate it’s anniversary. You can also pick up Journey at a very cheap price until Friday when a new title will replace it

I think my biggest and best memory from the PSP is Patapon 2, i already picked this up on a recent special though.

I would have expected more launch titles here for Vita though?

These are not memories i have, maybe you can help me create them?:
Escape Plan
Ridge Racer
Little Big Planet
Stardust

Chris, what is happening in two weeks? I really hope that there are more PSP/Vita sales with Sony games coming up.

SuperJag86 7 August, 2013 @ 11:41 am   30

@rutea7
I was diagnosed with Leukaemia in ’07 and the PSP was a brilliant distraction for me then. I still have other health issues today and the Vita is a great companion for those days when you feel like you know what.

I really hope your treatment goes well and you get into remission soon :)

@22 Yay, Sony’s portables beat cancer =D

Vita memory – why I remember it as tho’ it were a meal ago. The only reason I bought a vita was to play Persona 4 Golden. My PSP, I bought when Game was having difficulties last year (sexy metallic red little number with 9 RPG games for under £70 – bargain I couldn’t refuse). I love playing games on a big screen, but seemingly the best games I like only show up on a ditty screen. The hubb supports me playing anything on a handheld so he can “steal” the telly and watch his giallo – horror – cult films

I was hoping for EDF 2017 to be on sale, maybe Atelier Totori Plus – perhaps you could twist Namco Bandai’s arm and make them feel guilty for not releasing One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 on vita in EU and give us a sale on those 2 items.

Also the US announced a 1 year birthday sale on Sound Shapes and all the dlc, any chance we will be invited to that party?

@Chris
Do you think that it will be possible to arrange a P4G sale later this year?
I absolutely prefer digital content on my PSV. But if the publisher is too stubborn, I might as well import it from the USA. Play-asia.com often enough offered P4G for around $20.

Otherwise nothing for me in this sale. Interested in Guacamelee! but the price isn’t tempting enough. ;)

Hey Chris

Is Mars: War Logs coming out today ?

I am very much looking forward to this game…

thanks

strzechu 7 August, 2013 @ 11:45 am   35

Any chances of getting discount on MotorStorm RC DLC tracks, Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition, Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force, Little Deviants, Soul Sacrifice or Resistance: Burning Skies?

@ Sadodee

Chris already said that after two weeks this sale will end but new psp/vita games will be added.

brittanz 7 August, 2013 @ 11:46 am   37

I have heard rumors of Guacamelee! up for PS+ in Sept?

Can you confirm this?

well because I used one word to describe my PSP its awaiting moderation here it is without the word

Vita memory – why I remember it as tho’ it were a meal ago. The only reason I bought a vita was to play Persona 4 Golden. My PSP, I bought when Game was having difficulties last year (s..y metallic red little number with 9 RPG games for under £70 – bargain I couldn’t refuse). I love playing games on a big screen, but seemingly the best games I like only show up on a ditty screen. The hubb supports me playing anything on a handheld so he can “steal” the telly and watch his giallo – horror – cult films

thomaas23 7 August, 2013 @ 11:47 am   39

Cool sale, going for Valkyria Chronicles and FF Tactics (maybe monster hunter), but after sale from last week I will have to buy new memory stick for my old PSP :) Thanks SONY.

supersmith2500 7 August, 2013 @ 11:48 am   40

@SuperJag86:
Atlus didn’t publish Muramasa Rebirth, Aksys Games published it in which they don’t have a EU office meaning the game can’t be released unless they just release it digital only or find a EU publisher to publish the game for EU.

So Sound Shapes + DLC is being added to the summer sale later today…

Are there more games being added to the summer sale today ?

GoldPhoenix0 7 August, 2013 @ 11:49 am   42

I was so excited to see “Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker” on sale, especially since they had 2 & 3 on sale during the PS2 sale.

Then I actually looked at it, no Peace Walker HD on that list. *sigh*

I was totally looking forward to getting the HD version since I bought the HD Collection on the Vita which excludes Peace Walker.

No chance of the HD version for PS3 on sale as well?

Valis1-cz 7 August, 2013 @ 11:49 am   43

Any chance to get on sale Escape Plan with dlc?

PIREDERAS 7 August, 2013 @ 11:50 am   44

@ Chris

This sale is so poor on the PS Vita side, as the games are too few (I ‘m not interested in the PSP games), although I understand that it is quite difficult to secure good deals in PS Vita games. Nonetheless, where are PS Vita games like PS All-Stars Battle Royale? LittleBigPlanet PS Vita? Smart As…? And others, too? I ‘d gladly buy them if they were on sale at the right price.

Most of the Vita games on offer were already in the IGC (Thomas was alone, Lumines, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus). And Guacamelee! is hardly a good deal at this price, even considering it is a cross-buy title.

Ry_Ratchet 7 August, 2013 @ 11:50 am   45

Thanksfor the reply! Don’t worry I’m here every wednesday ;) (does it sound like a threat? lol)

Ome more question – two weeks ago WO HD got discounted, I bought it again (had it on disc but I wanted the dlc for 2048). I’m planning to do the same with the fury dlc, any chance for it to be discounted on vita or ps3?

Nice to see a Vita sale, though I was hoping to see some more niche titles:
- Gensan (PSP)
- Dokuro
- Little King’s Story
- Escape Plan
- Sumioni Demon Arts
Hopefully in 2 weeks?

If I would have the time, I’d pick up Valkyria Chronicles 2, but since I still need to finish 1, I think I’ll pass.

cowbanana 7 August, 2013 @ 11:53 am   47

New Little King’s Story?

SCEE – Masters of major letdowns again, again!

matdub69 7 August, 2013 @ 11:53 am   48

A great memory for me was my psp go. That thing was the only true portable console i ever had. It slipped in my pocket and I didn’t even feel it there. 16 gb was alot then and with a 16 gb card I had 100 games in my pocket. Favourite games where portable ops, disgaea afternoon of darkness and motorstorm. I just bought disgaea 3 for vita (just before sale lol) and its awesome. So is my vita. The new update is great. I never got around to peacerwalker so I might get that one.

thomaas23 7 August, 2013 @ 11:54 am   49

btw any chance for sale of YS series or Trails in the sky?

AlucardDHK 7 August, 2013 @ 11:55 am   50

AlucardDHL is not impressed with this sale. Not because it’s a bad selection but because AlucardDHK already owns most of the games.

Load all