Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

Behind the scenes at the amazing Media Molecule studio – video

Hello PlayStation Blog! Have you checked out Geek Week on YouTube yet? Well today is Gaming Thursday, meaning there’s a tsunami of awesome video content for you lot to devour.

Not to be left out, we at Access have made our own video for Geek Week, and gone behind the scenes at one of PlayStation’s leading developers, Media Molecule – the talented folk behind LittleBigPlanet – for an inside look at the workings of the studio and for the latest on upcoming PSVita title, Tearaway.

Tearaway is a 3D platformer set in a beautiful papercraft world and is due for release later this year. We’ve taken an extensive tour through the studio so you can see the kind of work that goes in to creating games like this, plus there are interviews with a host of developers – artists, programmers and designers – that should give you a flavour of how Media Molecule operates on a day to day basis.

Enjoy the video, and don’t forget to check out the content across the rest of our channel – we’ve got all the latest info on PS4 in the run up to Gamescom, all served with a side order of funny. Come and say hello!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

11 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
European_Gamer 8 August, 2013 @ 5:58 pm   1

How many has worked on Tearaway?

for the last few years i have been to various access events, 2 for ps3 and 1 for the psvita all in Glasgow, i even went to Edinburgh for the uncharted access event.

are there plans afoot to do something like this again before the ps4 launch?
i thought these nights were great and a great way to bring the community together and try new games and hardware(plus free drinks and food is great too ;) )

This game looks amazing, can’t wait to play it. Also the atmosphere in the studio seems really ‘zen’.

Nightmare966 8 August, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   4

No wonder LittleBigPlanet came out from the minds of these people — those offices are just screaming “Throw your imagination at me!”. It’s been an interesting inside view to Media Molecule.

I have to say as well that I felt sorry for the pre-concept Sackboy stuck in the tree :P

Can’t wait to get my hands on Tearaway :)

Media Molecule, my favorite new developer this generation!

Heck, because of Media Molecule I bought a PS3 (80GB LBP bundle at the end of 2008) and what a journey LittleBigPlanet gave me…

LBP1, LBP2, and even though I know that Medie Molecule didn’t make them I liked LBP on PSP and LBPVita a lot too.

But MM is right as always, they thought it was time to move on after both LBP’s on PS3.

Tearaway, day 1 on my PSVita when its there in November. With every article about Tearaway I keep saying: please please make a collectors edition with the foldable books that we had a lot in our youth, the foldable worlds where one could pull at all kind of stuff that made movement and fun stuff on every page, an Iota doll (like the LBP sackboy doll that came with the LBP2 collectors USA edition I bought) and some other awesomeness.

I bought the LBP CE for 89 USD imported from USA and it is one of my favorite CE’s! Anyways, can’t wait to play the game itself too. My PSVita is gonna love Tearaway much :-)

Keep up the good work Media Molecule!

TargetFinderKing 9 August, 2013 @ 10:29 am   6

@ The Mart your first post I see where you not like Little Crybaby

Blackxino 9 August, 2013 @ 12:39 pm   7

we need Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks on PSN Store PS2 Classics.
(i will not stop until this is achieved on EU PSN Store) >:/

@Target

Obviously you:

1) Haven’t read most of my posts
2) You can’t see the difference between a post towards SCEE PSN announcements and articles on this blogs by developers (this one and others), where there is no reason to be vocal about for example bad PSVita sales/discounts compared to SCEA
3) Lets see some of your comments:

“Posted on 25 July, 2013 at 4:05 pm by TargetFinderKing
the visitors of this blog would prefer some answers to burning questions relating to the sale and other coming playstation titles, before you go on with your promotional material, please”

“Posted on 9 August, 2013 at 12:14 pm by TargetFinderKing
I love to give my private data, name, email on the web to companys for all kind of promotions, adverts, privacy breaches and so on”

Something like the pot calling the kettle black and stuff.

Besides that, your post would be better if it would have been directed to what this blogpost is about… Sounds like you need to find another hobby than following my posts.

@TheMart

dont get sucked in to the argument mate.

for some reason a few users seem to be trying to pick holes in your posts to bait you into an argument over the last few days.

dont feed the trolls or they will keep comming back for more ;)

TheMART 9 August, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   10

@hayzink

Oh I really don’t care, I’ve got time to kill this holiday (and some trolls while I’m at it ;-) ), with just 12 days to go till Sony’s conference at Gamescom :-)

Can’t wait for Tearaway to show up there too with new footage etc!

rodrigo1UP 10 August, 2013 @ 12:18 am   11

I’m really looking forward to playing this game =)