Posted 4:29pm

LittleBigPlanet update: It’s Tearaway time!

lead image finalLBPTearawayimage

The Sackfolk of LittleBigPlanet are getting very excited for the release of Tearaway on PlayStation Vita later this year and they want to put on the most splendid of welcomes for iota and atoi by creating some simply fantastic levels that will pay tribute to their new friends. But they need YOUR help!

Pick up your FREE Tearaway competition pack
If you head over to the Store tomorrow, you can pick up a FREE and excitingly exclusive Tearaway Competition Pack that contains a marvellous music track from Sogport, one of the many locations that iota and atoi will visit during their journey in Tearaway, as well as being chock full of new stickers to really help kick start your papery creativity.

Create a Tearaway level and win some fab prizes!
After picking up your free goodies from the Store, it’s time to get all paper-crafty on either LittleBigPlanet 2 or LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita by diving into create mode and creating the most wonderfully inspired Tearaway level.

When you have finished crafting your most crafty of creations, you will want to publish your level for the rest of the community to see. Not only that but we’re hosting a competition that will give you the chance win some fab goodies up for grabs for our favourite levels!

atoi_riding_pig_final

How to enter!
To enter the Tearaway competition just publish your level and make sure to add [TearawayCompetitionEU] to the name of your new level and have it published before midnight GMT on 14th September.

After the competition closes, all of your amazing levels will be judged by the LBP and Tearaway creators themselves: Media Molecule!

The prizes!
From all of the entries, they will pick out One Grand Prize Winner to receive a PlayStation Vita and the Rare Prize Crown for LittleBigPlanet. Meanwhile, four marvellous Runners-up will also be selected to receive some exclusive signed Tearaway artwork!

Entries will be judged on originality, creativity and general Tearaway-ness, so be sure to don your creative caps and give it your all! For full details on how to enter the competition and everything else you need to know, just pop over here!

PlayStation Vita

Check out Tearaway!
Before you head off to LittleBigPlanet to unleash your creativity, why not take a sneak peek at the land of Tearaway for some inspiration?

Good luck to all who enter, we can’t wait to see all of the great Tearaway-inspired levels that you create!

Sackboy_Happy

Smart Sackfolk remember!! Include [TearawayCompetitionEU] in the name of your levels to enter this fab competition!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Pomopop24 13 August, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   1

France is not in entrant countries ? An error or are french people banned from the competition ?

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

The full list of eligible countries can be found here:

We try so hard to open our competitions to as many people as possible and you have my sincerest apologies, if you’re not eligible to enter this particular competition. =/

On the plus side though, we are making the Free Tearaway DLC available to everyone! So at least you can still pick up some free goodies! :)

Is the competition international, So me being in UAE (Dubai) am allowed to enter?

Really looking forward to creating my level

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

That’s great! It sounds like LittleBigPlanet is going to be bursting with loads of Tearaway awesomeness soon! :)

Darn it… Its not out till tomorrow!

I was looking forward to making something on LBPV :D

vita-3000 13 August, 2013 @ 4:57 pm   5

I’m French … I can’t Participe …

supersmith2500 13 August, 2013 @ 4:57 pm   6

Hey Steve, is the Tearaway Competition Pack compatible with LBPVita?

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 4:58 pm

The Tearaway Competition Pack is compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

@Steven Isbell (Post 4)

Now I am yeah!

Got to plan some designs now.

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

Now the big question is…
    Will you be using your paper to draw your designs?
    Or will you try your hand at some paper-folding? ;)

MaxDiehard 13 August, 2013 @ 5:09 pm   8

Looking forward to attempting this. I have no chance against seasoned creators that have a better mindset for logic, but I will try nonetheless.

But hey…free DLC. :)

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

Oh yeah, we definitely wanted to run a competition where everyone can at least walk away with something! Hope you like the new DLC! :)

MaxDiehard 13 August, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   9

I’m glad it comes with an Interactive Music Track. Its weird not having the Interactive songs from LBP1/2 on Vita.

Nightmare966 13 August, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   10

New free stuff that’s Tearaway themed and a creation competition? I hope I can finish a level in time :D

(Now all that’s left is getting Tearaway itself — November can’t come soon enough!)

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 8:03 pm

Haha, well we thought that we would give you all something to do whilst we wait for iota and atoi’s arrival. :)

Mathew9R 13 August, 2013 @ 5:29 pm   11

@Steven Isbell (Post 7)

Who knows! Both if I get very good ideas :D

European_Gamer 13 August, 2013 @ 5:31 pm   12

Good news, but when anyone from SCEE say announcement these days we all think games, games, gamescom.

Sad Sack-boy face:( I am never going to listen to other gaming sites again because they made out LBP3 was coming. Oh well, this sounds cool anyway & i will pick it up & have a go;)

dark_angel69 13 August, 2013 @ 6:27 pm   14

This is the first time I actually have some interest in Tearaway. Would like to take part in this but I don’t think I’d do it. Been so long since I have played LittleBigPlanet so I don’t even remember how to make a level. lol. On the bright side, if I at least attempt it then it can help me get that horrible 24 hour trophy out of the way.

By the way do you think there will be plans on having a demo for Tearaway? Would liked to try it out. Used to really love LittleBigPlanet until the second game started to get boring after a while and it wasn’t as fun as it used to be when the first came out but perhaps Tearaway could give me that same enjoyment again but first thing first is need to try it out

This is really awesome! That crown sounds awfully tempting too. If only because I still haven’t received my Crown from the time Spaff, Tom, Mark and Kevin visited Ireland for the LBP level design comp for the LBP2 launch *cough* It’s been 2 years *cough* Jus’ saying ^_^ …

Looks like I may be hitting up the ol’ drawing board then.

Stonesthrow 13 August, 2013 @ 7:23 pm   16

Still unfamiliar with the building aspect in these games :d Very excited for Tearaway.

Steven Isbell 13 August, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

There’s only one way to learn! Jump into create mode and give it a try! :)

declan__watson 13 August, 2013 @ 9:20 pm   17

Hey Steven
I know im a little too late to the post but great DLC pack, will take a look at it. :)
Tearaway by the looks of what ive seen is a masterpiece, created by the LittleBigPlanet guys cant wait to hear more in the coming 3 months. ;)
Be nice for maybe a PS4 Tearaway 2 or a LittleBigPlanet 3 augmented reality type of game

You know what would be awesome, if the winner also had his level remade in Teraway as a bonus 2D level players could unlock for fun.

Porkyfern 14 August, 2013 @ 8:48 pm   19

Greetings.
I just have a question that i need to know.

I currently don’t inhabit any countries of that list.
But there is a relative in New Zealand. I’m over 13, tho. But that relative is older than i am.

However, is it possible for me to enter this contest?
I’d be pleased if you answer it :)

Porkyfern 15 August, 2013 @ 10:37 am   20

Unfortunately, i’m not.
And the only way i can enter is that i asked you. :(

Is that possible? I mean i’m not in that region but relatives can do the jobs for me. I just enter from another country.

(I needed to enter my region United States, for some personal reasons. Sorry for that.)

o.O I was waiting a competition like this for a long time and now it’s out but I can’t enter cause I’m from Greece?? Sorry, but are you serious? I understand that Greece is a small country but why WE should be out of everything?

Anyway, I understand you that you pick as many countries as possible but another problem is France… France is a big country with some of the best creators in LBP2 ;)

Hope you understand ;)

WAITING ANSWER

Ashreddy 15 August, 2013 @ 7:27 pm   22

Hehehe I’ve made an awesome tearaway themed level! Maybe my best level yet! The community better prepare! Hehehe

Hi Steve,
In consideration to the first prize winnings, should we feel certain that the competition winner won’t be from the Vita community? In honesty, I’m loving the idea of owning some signed artwork, but it would be a bit of a shame if our chances of getting a crown were cut short by default.