Posted 14 August

PlayStation Store update: DuckTales, Payday 2, Dishonored DLC, more

Uncle Scrooge is back! DuckTales: Remastered is a hand-crafted, beautiful reimagining of one of the most cherished 8-bit titles of all time. Embark on an authentic Disney adventure, as Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie travel to exotic locations throughout the world in their quest to retrieve the five legendary treasures.

Later on in the week you’ll also be able to step into the world of Hydaelyn in the Final Fantasy XIV open beta. Play the game before its 27th August release date and get to grips with many of the features packed into Square Enix’s new MMO. Maybe you’ll see a lost blue and white Miqu’te running around…

Elsewhere on the Store this week, look out for ingenious AR puzzler Open Me on PS Vita, charming co-op platformer ibb & obb on PS3, FPS sequel Payday 2 and new campaign DLC for Bethesda’s brilliant stealth epic Dishonored. Enjoy!

New PlayStation Network content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

If you are enjoying PayDay the Heist then make sure you check out the PayDay 2 full game trial which goes into Plus today!

ibb & obb – 20% off (until 27th August)
Ms. Germinator – 20% off

Payday 2
Price: £31.99/€39.99
PEGI: 18

PS3 demos (Free)

Madden NFL 25 demo
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rayman Legends demo

Prices: Free

Open Me

• Super Pack 1
  • Super Pack 2

Prices: £3.69/€4.49

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

123 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

grabbed ducktail this morning, happy days.
ill also grab the rayman demo.

jawad is there a date for castle of illusion yet?

Fred Dutton 14 August, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

Hey there everybody. Jawad is out of the office today, so apologies if questions go unanswered. I can chime in on this one though – Sega hasn’t announced a date yet.

also sorry for double post but any chance of us seeing disgaea 1 and 2 ps2 classics?

theicebucket 14 August, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   3

Rayman legends demo for vita?

RemyX-1988 14 August, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   4

Elminage Original? Isn’t that a PSP-game?

Any news on Hotline Miami in the NZ store?

@Jawad
Hi Jawad. First I want to congratulate all the team for the excellent work they always do.
I have a question, since it’s been said that the EU version on Ratchet and Clank Deadlock (gladiator) it’s different from the US version will it have a different trophy list? what I’m trying to say is if we have the two versions of the game (EU/ US) can we have two platinum trophy’s ?
Thanks for the great work. Kind regards.

cosmic_uk 14 August, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   7

Going to grab DuckTales. Any news on when we will hear about IGC for September?

Omegabug2003 14 August, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   8

Are we ever likely to see more PS1/PS2 Classics in the near future – we’ve not had any for a while.

What is the status of The Legend of Dragoon?

Are we likely to see Vexx, Klonoa, and Wild Arms 3 released as PS2 Classics?

Hope someone will reply?

Payday 2 Trial is very nice…

Branny77 14 August, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   10

Hi Jawad

Is there any chance we could get overboard as a ps1 classic?

Are there any good avatars coming soon? There has not been many lately.

chrisboers 14 August, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   11

I thought there was also going to be a 1-pack bundle for Open Me? I now see the free demo, the full 12 pack version, and the two 6-pack versions. Maybe I’m missing something?

RemyX-1988 14 August, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   12

And DuckTales Remastered is too expensive for me. I’ll wait for a price-drop on that one. Or a sale…

@7

igc update by next friday

No Plus discount for DuckTales? US people got discount, and standard price is cheaper…

Artemisthemp 14 August, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   15

Wait a second, those Party member for HDN Victory was available last week.

Still no Japanese voice for Dynasty Warriors 8…why did Koei even state there would be. I really don’t like my Chinese warlords having an American accent

GothPunk 14 August, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   17

One day the PS Vita games list will say ‘Terraria’ or ‘Spelunky’ and I will cry tears of joy. But until then my PSN wallet will remain full of cash. Ready. Waiting…

Mattiebo123 14 August, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   18

I’ll definitely have to give Open Me a try. Is there any news on Spelunky? I’ve been hoping it’ll appear on the store every week since it missed the expected release date in July.

odyhunter 14 August, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   19

Hi, Jawad

In Ireland PSN, the new DLC for soul sacrifice is not there, could you pls take a look?

Silent_Gig 14 August, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   20

Wow i didnt know Elminage Original was coming out this week!
Giving that one a buy!

@Jawad: Maybe you should explain how to participate in FFXIV open Beta since you need to register at Square-Enix before getting a code through e-mail if im not mistaken. And do we get the free FFXIV theme also on our store?

redlemons 14 August, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   22

Any word on when Playstation Mobile will be available in Ireland?

Hi

Where is the Plus discount on Ms Germinator as promised in an earlier post today

CardcaptorStacey 14 August, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   24

Glad Ducktales is out today :) Just wondering when we getting Atelier Totori avatars

Vashetti 14 August, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   25

Dare I ask about the status of Ratchet: Gladiator?

I think they’re hoping we forget about it at this point.

Nightmare966 14 August, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   26

Lots of stuff for me: ibb & obb demo (with a high chance of purchase), Rayman demo, Tearaway LBBP stuff…

I’ll have my PS3 busy today!

I have three questions I hope you can answer me, Jawad:

1- I’ve noticed that the Assassin’s Creed Anthology has disappeared from the Store. Was it pulled on Ubisoft’s request?

2- The LBP DLC Cross-buy issue: I know you’ve recently corrected a few things, but is there any update or date you can give us for the missing/left content, if possible?

3- Any news on the Sleeping Dogs DLC that’s missing in the EU Store? Typing the name does bring up the game page, but no DLC anywhere in the Storefront… :(

Thanks for your time, as usual :)

I_iz_deano 14 August, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   27

any news on minecraft again for ps3/4 thankings

When will the FFXIV: ARR Beta client be available for download?

@Bahgra: It already is, i already downloaded it this morning and installed it. Servers will be up friday for phase 3 participants and saturday for everyone else. You need to register for it to receive an email with a redeem code from SE.

loadstone007s 14 August, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   30

Too bad there’s no PS+ discount for DuckTales… The US store had a pre-order discount, we got zilch.

MaxDiehard 14 August, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   31

Absolutly loving Open Me! Bought the full 12 Pack.

Glad to see some devs are making use of Vita’s less touched on features.

monoliet 14 August, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   32

odyhunter 19 = also not in Belgium
them make same mistake over en over
u need to manuele search option on vita then u see newest dlc

on pc = u not find ath all newest dlc
sony u store(s) = big 00000

Roxas598 14 August, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   33

Fruit Ninja £4? i near died. *plays on phone for free*

I will say that KZ Mercs is at least competitive priced why can’t you do this all the time?

TroubleMaker411 14 August, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   34

@25 We all seemed to forget about Counter Strike eventually (or just got sick of asking and being ignored) why wouldn’t they hope the same fopr gladiator?

monoliet 14 August, 2013 @ 3:23 pm   35

Bahgra
if u play the closed beta squire enix give u new email
i got today ( almoast don dowloading ).

i realy hope ff a realm reborn abo also on psn+ them tinking about 100€ – 1 jear abo .

XDerKleineX 14 August, 2013 @ 3:25 pm   36

Will there be a Vita demo for Rayman Legends?
Also great price for Killzone Mercenary (but not for Fruit Ninja!), I was expecting that to be 5 – 10 euros more, but what exactly is the difference between the two pre-orders?

Scuffy_P 14 August, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   37

Was going to buy Duck Tails and Payday 2, but let’s be honest….you’ll be giving it away free with PS+ in a couple of months…so what’s the effing point?

I’ve been screwed over with PS+ too many times now, having spent my wages on games for them only to appear on Plus either weeks or days later (yes you NOW announce forthcoming games). After two years of subscribing to PS+…I never once was offered a game I hadn’t already bought. Not once.

So I’ve let my subscription run out, and will renew it when all these forthcoming games appear for “free”…Payday 2, Saints Row 4, Splinter Cell 6, XCOM, Lost Planet 3…as they inevitably will.

In the mean time, I’ll spend my wages on XBL and the Wii U.

monoliet 14 August, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   38

TroubleMaker411 33@
not forgeting : next time them lounch new game = also not intrested ;)

Still just waiting for Spelunky. Might get Open Me! though, that seems weird and cool.

thepuppystuffer 14 August, 2013 @ 3:29 pm   40

Will there be a digital Pre-order available for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn?

€4.99 for FRUIT NINJA!!!??? RIP-OFF!

Should atleast be 50% of that price. But really it should have been FREE since you have IAP for the game.

zalwelgoedgaan 14 August, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   42

I thought the price of Ducktales was lower. Was that only during the pre-order period? :/

I have bought payday 2 yesterday and i must say that it’s a very very good game.
I think it’s beter then payday 1 who also is very good.

For 39.95 it’s a must buy if you like multiplayer games!

Bealinator 14 August, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   44

Hi Jawad,

Any news on Ratchet Gladiator HD? You must be getting annoyed with this sort of question! Presumably when it launches you’ll still get it free via that cross buy facility with Q-Force?

Nothing new for me this week (though several sales items tempt me) but demos definitely getting downloaded!

CoolRichy007UK 14 August, 2013 @ 3:39 pm   45

@41 it was £10.59 pre order you should of pre ordered it like i did BESG GAME EVER till gtaV oh & will ppl stop asking about ratchet gladiator HD it will be out on ps4 now so u has 2 wait

AaronSOLDIER 14 August, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   46

Got Ibb Obb like a week ago off the US store, so nothing really there for me. Wish Bethesda would put up digital versions of their games though, I guess they don’t like money.

skells22 14 August, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   47

well, still no sign of Ratchet Gladitor and this is day number 84 on the waiting front? why is it taking so long to get to us? we were promised due to a q force vita wait we was getting it for free.

XnoobsquadX 14 August, 2013 @ 3:40 pm   48

There will be an update on the psp/vita memory sale today right? Hurry please my wallet is topped off and im ready to spend it on some vita games.

zalwelgoedgaan 14 August, 2013 @ 3:41 pm   49

@CoolRichy007UK I don’t like to pre-order digital games, I’m never sure if I’ll get my money back if the game ends up being disappointing. :/ Ah well.

Nice update ;) Just preordered Killzone Mercenary for only 35 euros! Can’t wait for that game!! Fruit ninja should be free indeed.. Who’s going to pay that amount of money for a free old mobile game..

Load all