Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:49pm

Grand Theft Auto Online detailed in new trailer

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first
thepuppystuffer 15 August, 2013 @ 3:57 pm   1

Will GTA 5 be available for pre-order on PSN?

never really played gta 4 online but that shall not be the case this time :)

“Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on 1st October.”

online pass then?

shelbylu1 15 August, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   3

badass!

Stonesthrow 15 August, 2013 @ 4:08 pm   4

Waw.. I never played the competitive multiplayer in 4 that much, only grinded the hell out of those 3 co op levels. But the mechanics and the shooting looks so good here, no way I won’t play this. RDR and Max payne obviously payed off, and it shows here.
The level of excitement is through the roof now, this kind of game only comes around so often.

dark_angel69 15 August, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   5

I have my game pre-ordered one day but I don’t know if I’d be getting the blimp with it. Would I be missing out much with the blimp or is it just going to be slow and boring? Should I order somewhere else to get it or no point?

This game better allow me to play online. Multiplayer was really bad for me in GTA4. Always unable to find a game or get kicked out in 5 minutes after joining due to connection loss. This game wont do that right? I love your games but your online has never been good at all. Well not for me anyway.

Hey there, regarding access to the Atomic Blimp, there’s no need to worry – every pre-ordered copy of GTAV will have that included, regardless of where and when you placed your pre-order.

supercoolmanchu 15 August, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   6

This looks exciting! :-) I am also curious if there will be a digital copy for grabs on PSN??? Disc-based copies are so 2012.

CoolRichy007UK 15 August, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   7

hayzink read the last part

no online pass needed

DestructorSVK 15 August, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   8

Will GTA V have an online pass or something like that ? I’m so hyped!

Psn store grand theft auto V ??

CreditDue 15 August, 2013 @ 4:57 pm   10

Epic, epic stuff. I’ve had GTA V Collector’s Edition pre-ordered for months now. I can’t wait for this. Just 32 days

monoliet 15 August, 2013 @ 5:29 pm   11

i was intrested , but wait untile gta comes on ps4
lots of games focusing on bringing to curent + next gen
i want next gen version .

Slevster 15 August, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   12

there goes my life

HEY RSTAR!!! GTA 5 GET PORTUGUESE IDIOME? PLEASE YES

PORTUGUESE IDIOME PLEASE ROCKSTAR

Agamakus 15 August, 2013 @ 6:07 pm   15

Cant wait…

dogwalker4000 15 August, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   16

This looks like a definite day one for me, a bit of a rare thing for me these days!

Is GTA V going to be available on PSN at launch?

Carnivius_Prime 15 August, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   18

Well I got some enjoyment out of GTAIV’s online multiplayer at the time (it came with my PS3 and I wanted something to play online that wasn’t a tedious FPS) and it had it’s moments but I always found the controls somewhat clunky in GTA for combat. I didn’t care that much for the single player mode and when Uncharted 2 brought multiplayer to that series that became ‘my’ multiplayer action game fun (and I still constantly play Uncharted 3 multiplayer more than anything else). I just can’t seem to get excited about this game. The open world genre has felt like too much padding and wasted time and the GTA ‘world’ just doesn’t interest me anymore. Too depressing. It’s not a place I want to spend my free time, sorry. I’d still like an online version of The Warriors though.

MASPALOMAZ 15 August, 2013 @ 6:39 pm   19

Playing max payne 3 at the moment and i have to admit its brilliant , controls, camera work, i even like the story telling a lot, great game and nice that Gta5 shooting mechanics will be similiar to max payne because gta4 sucked in every way :)

Wonder if this will look and drive anything like most wanted , i dont trust trailers at all even they are called ingame or gameplay.

MASPALOMAZ 15 August, 2013 @ 6:48 pm   20

But why rockstar needs to trick their fans?Please?

I know a ton of gamer who would gladly buy this for both gens but not like this where you just TRICK everyone into buying both, nobody in the world wants you to start teasing hd graphic trailers for a next gen version 3 month after release, if you didnt tell us BEFORE we bought this gen version, so WE can decide and not get tricked. Free choice baby!

dee4life4444 15 August, 2013 @ 7:03 pm   21

Incredible! As expected! ;) The details regarding PS4 editions (& PS4 details themselves) really need to be announced though! Come on guys, stop the secrecy!

Advocate_0069 15 August, 2013 @ 7:12 pm   22

GTA 5 looks amazing but will it be available on Ps 4?

MASPALOMAZ 15 August, 2013 @ 8:40 pm   23

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

MASPALOMAZ 15 August, 2013 @ 8:41 pm   24

So why rockstar needs to t r i c k their fans?

I know a ton of gamers who would gladly buy this for both gens but not like this where you just t r i c k everyone into buying both, nobody in the world wants you to start teasin hd graf trailers for a next gen version 3 month after release, if you didnt tell us BEF0RE we bought the gen version, so we can decide and not get t r i c k e d

MASPALOMAZ 15 August, 2013 @ 8:43 pm   25

i want to rage in the comments but it does not even appear :(

Coolrichy007UK

Have you finished telling Rockstar what their game will be like when they release it on my 30th?

They didn’t say there wasn’t an online pass they just said it was free. (Like all new sony titles are free, pre-owned they are £7.99 to play on-line)

I actually only read this post to see if you were still trying to tell people all about this game that you know nothing more (than the rest of us) about so I am not surprised to see you up toyour old tricks.

The reality is this. Red Dead never had a pass So I am guessing it is not in Rockstars nature.

I remember you distinctly saying there wasn’t going to be a PS4 version as well as no limited editions of the game, in your words, (roughly)(they didn’t do one for 4 so why would they do one for 5) except that wasn’t true either. A bunch of people have GTA IV locker boxes and Duffel bags.
There are also two special editions for this game, you know the special editions you said didn’t exist.

1/2

Cont:

Look no doubt I am dealing with a zealous 12 year old who is spoiled to the core, maybe you are old enough to buy the game who knows. One thing you’re not, is helpful to anybody. So feel free to leave the community to the ones who have something positive to contribute.

Cont:

2/2

MASPALOMAZ 16 August, 2013 @ 10:35 am   29

Regarding something positive to contribute here is an excellent rare interview with the third man behind GTA next to the houser brothers:

CoolRichy007UK 16 August, 2013 @ 11:16 am   30

link FYI im 31 not 12 n im not spoilt to the core im glad i just bloked you ur worse then other ppl here

vigilante_man 16 August, 2013 @ 12:35 pm   31

I have great hope for this game. I got sucked into the hype for GTA4 but thought it was a bit boring. Drive here do this, drive there do that, drive here again, etc. And the driving was awful.

Glad to read all mechanisms have been optimised. This actually looks great fun.

vigilante_man 16 August, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   32

Forgot to add thanks to Rockstar for releasing game and online footage on PS3. Looks amazing and is much appreciated. Cheers guys!

Is this gonna be availble digital?

trAffkOr_69 16 August, 2013 @ 6:15 pm   34

Would love to download The game on PSN!

it sucks when you’re one of those people who doesn’t have any of the current-gen consoles.
i hope they make a GTA game for Vita.

StonecoldSidious 20 August, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   36

I must admit i like many others would like to know if this will be available on the PS store on day it comes out. Fact is im going to be getting a PS4, which means another fact is PS3 discs wont work on said PS4, so thus if i buy digital then i know it’ll work and can just be re-downloaded once i have PS4. I think surely we should be told this? or is it the case that you (rockstar) will try and sting us loyal fans (ive played every GTA there has been since the first one) twice over

MASPALOMAZ 21 August, 2013 @ 10:30 am   37

PS3 fans in Europe will be able to pre-order digitally starting this Friday.

TargetFinderKing 23 August, 2013 @ 9:26 am   38

WHYS GTA 5 $90 IN EUROPE PSN??? Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND???

TargetFinderKing 23 August, 2013 @ 9:26 am   39

WHYS GTA 5 $90 IN EUROPE PSN???

@TargetFinderKing

do the use $ in europe now?

i though the game was 70 euro’s ;)

CanaryIsles 23 August, 2013 @ 9:45 am   41

He is right. 70 Euros = 93.39400 U.S. dollars

What a joke.

£50 is almost $80.

we pay more for games than the usa, why is that a surprise to anyone this has been the case forever.

here is a tip for free, if you feel you are being overcharged for something and you dont feel its worth it dont buy it.
companys price products at an amount they feel the market will pay because they have in the past and they will again.

if people want lower prices they have to vote with there wallets.

You dont need to play this game you want to so again if you feel the price is too much skip it.

CanaryIsles 23 August, 2013 @ 10:05 am   43

@hayzink

Like others in the Blog comment have said before me:

You are an idiot

@CanaryIsles

so im an idiot for stating facts?

its there product they can charge whatever they like, dont buy it if your not happy.

simples

also no one has called me an idiot on her until you so congrats on being the first