Posted 11:00am

Ridge Racer Driftopia PS3 beta starting soon

A_HOME_LARGE__954x302

PlayStation Blog readers, we need you! Sign up here to have a chance to be one of the first players to get a glimpse of the drifting experience offered by Ridge Racer Driftopia and contribute to the game’s optimisation by providing valuable feedback.

Ridge Racer Driftopia is the first ever free-to-play game based on the legendary franchise, and puts the series’ signature drifting and arcade handling right at the heart of the experience with upgraded visuals that make every dust mote and gleaming fender shimmer with life.

In the game you will be challenged to shave seconds off each other’s times as they tear up the streets and punch holes in solid concrete to reveal vital shortcuts. Beat other players’ times to climb the global rankings, level up cars and earn booster cards to get that racing edge over the competition.

To get involved, please register your interest here.

This beta is available for selected participants from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

its not coming to the ps vita so not interested

I signed up, but I am wondering will I still receive a beta invite if I have chosen that I don’t want to receive any (I don’t get any emails from Sony) promotional emails or marketing stuff from 3rd party companies. This is in case I get chosen.

MASPALOMAZ 16 August, 2013 @ 11:08 am   3

Yeah its also not coming to iphone? But great its coming for ps3 I have always been a fan of the series and you definately have an opportunity here to deliver a fun game, and we have a way to test it for free, all sides win. Except iphone users.

MASPALOMAZ 16 August, 2013 @ 11:09 am   4

@Zankes yes of course because you agreed for this one instance to get an email.

supersmith2500 16 August, 2013 @ 11:20 am   5

This is the problem with Namco now. I used to loved loved Ridge Racer and used to love them as a 2nd party dev way back on the PSone and now look what they done to the legendary franchise. They turned a legendary arcade drift racer into a complete ripoff of Spilt/Second and Burnout.

And what’s worse. They stopped supporting the Vita for the west which is just dull. Oh and they if do plan on making a Ridge Racer 8 for PS4, they better bring back to it’s original roots or else. So Namco, please be original with your franchise. -_-

SERGEANT-Q6R 16 August, 2013 @ 11:44 am   6

dose this beta will work in QATAR region

blade1003605 16 August, 2013 @ 11:58 am   7

Played this game (beta) on PC. So boring.

vigilante_man 16 August, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   8

Loved Ridge Racer on PS2 and was the first game I got for my PS3. Cannot wait to see what this is. I also hope they bring out RR for PS4.

I signed up for the PC a while ago and got the steam key almost straight away. unfortunately when i played it it was all messed up. could see lighting effects and blury things but no textures. no roads.. really messed up. no idea why. all my other games play fine and my drivers are up to date. doubt this problem will be on the ps3 ver :p

SiborgSimoSctlnd 16 August, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   10

Riiiiiiiiiiidge RRaaaaaaaacerrrr!

Han_the_Dragon 16 August, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   11

I got an invite for the PC beta a while ago, but I don’t play on PC, so didn’t tried it, but if this is also coming to PS3, then sure, I will try it.

Still no RR game is as good as old RR Type 4 on PSX!

assassin2k 16 August, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   12

First the Vita version is a stripped down, micro transaction nightmare and now this. Ridge Racer FTP? my faith in this series is gone. Like others have said RR Type 4 was ace. Get back to that or you’re going to lose what’s left of the soul of Ridge Racer.

icecrasher_zero 16 August, 2013 @ 2:13 pm   13

God… this is not RIDGE RACER, this is some stupid joke. Where’s drifting and ultra burn? You should remove RIDGE RACER from title…

Cube1701 16 August, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   14

I played the PC beta. The Pay2Win system is the worst I’ve ever seen, and the entire game is just an insult.

PHEEliNUX 16 August, 2013 @ 2:39 pm   15

I signed up for the PC Beta but it coouldn’t run, I will try to see how it plays on the PS3

How come i cant see the link on the android app? Dam need to fire up the pc now.

mh637099 17 August, 2013 @ 6:19 am   17

I signed up! I’m just worried about the file size.

Majik_Meerkat 17 August, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   18

Really looking forward to this, I loved what they did with tekken… well minus how the handled the character unlock

mrcookie2011 18 August, 2013 @ 10:42 am   19

This is an excellent and exciting concept.
I remember getting my first RR on my ps1 and think this idea will be a major hit worldwide.
would love to be part of this experience and look forward to its release.

maRiozLp 19 August, 2013 @ 9:14 am   20

would be awesome if I had the chance to try it.

Ice_Rydaa 20 August, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   21

Looking forward to the beta on PS3

HebrewLoc 23 August, 2013 @ 7:00 am   22

please pick me for beta testing. im tired of testing FPS’s,MMO’s & Action games, & to me RIDGE RACER is the ultimate racing game,better then the GT,NFS,Shift & Grid franchises. i remember in the 90′s sitting in the R.R. simulator in the Arcade. droping the clutch shifting the gears,the way a race game should be. I love RIDGE RACER & Namco Bandi forever

got my invite today.

first beta i have played that has trophies, some are very easy to get as all paid purchases the game offers right now are free (they get reset in full game)

seems there will be lots of in game purchases so ill try to get 100% in beta

supersmith2500 29 August, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   24

Cheers for the invite, will try it tomorrow. = )

MorbidSoul 30 August, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   25

Played the beta, one of the worst games I’ve ever played, the drifting is missing , you can do a perfect drift and get nothing but if you smash into objects etc. you get nitrous boost. You race against people’s ghosts with them not actually being there which is ridiculous. Cars handling are terrible and even for an arcade racer this game is terrible.
Yes the game is in beta but the fundamentals of everything is totally flawed. The game is extremely bland repetitive and boring, don;t waste your time.