Posted 20 August

Murasaki Baby unveiled for PS Vita

MIB_Screenshot_002

Hello, nice to meet you all! Here at Ovosonico, we’re excited to announce our debut title Murasaki Baby coming to PS Vita next year.

Ovosonico is an independent game production studio founded by industry veteran and former Grasshopper Manufacture (Killer7, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned) Director Massimo Guarini.

We specialise in IP creation and we love to create unconventional and artistically crafted videogames characterised by a strong sense of authorship.

Our studio is based in an 18th-century villa in Northern Italy, immersed in a private park overlooking the Alps and the lakes. In such an unusual, creative environment, it is quite common to engage in many different activities that have nothing to do with game development, which is why the team always look so happy and motivated.

While enjoying the benefits of our location and getting inspiration from the surroundings, we also get time to create our brand new game. Our debut title is a new experiment far from explosions, wars to battle and zombies to kill. It is about human emotions and bonding. Featuring remarkable scenarios and unique atmospheres, Murasaki Baby is a fully hand-crafted game entirely designed by hand on paper.

CHAR_Baby_Pose003_T

Murasaki Baby wants to challenge convention and move its audience. Our game offers something different based on a strongly emotional game design through which players will live an experience like no other.

Baby wakes up in a weird world, populated by children’s fantasies and fears. Holding a purple, heart-shaped balloon in her hand, she feels lost, homesick and vulnerable. She wants her mommy. Grab her hand and be her guide: here begins a fantastic journey through a dramatic, yet grotesque world made of children’s fantasies and fears, nightmarish visions, peculiar characters, unique environments.

MIB_Screenshot_006

Grabbing Baby’s hand will make the player bond with her and feel the connection – in a very special way. The rest of the story is for you to experience.

MIB_Screenshot_009

We’re sure you want to know more about Murasaki Baby by now. If you have any questions, please do comment below and we’ll get back to you!

For further information and updates, please make sure you check www.murasakibaby.com, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you very much!

All the news from the PlayStation Gamescom 2013 Press Conference

PlayStation Plus on PS4: The revolution continues!

FEZ, Rogue Legacy, Volume lead an avalanche of awesome indies at gamescom

Murasaki Baby unveiled for PS Vita

Your first look at PS4 adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Helldivers battles its way onto PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2014

Shadow of the Beast is coming to PS4

N++ is coming to PlayStation 4

Extraterrestrial sandbox adventure Starbound coming to PS4

Velocity 2X leaps onto PS4 and PS Vita!

FEZ is coming soon to PS Vita, PS3 and PS4

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

15 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

dogwalker4000 20 August, 2013 @ 7:47 pm   1

This was my favourite trailer of the show. Day one for me, looks creepy and awesome :)

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   2

Yay another iOS alike game for a console that can deal with killzone mercenary -.-’

Andrefpvs 20 August, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   3

I really want to play this game.

Absolutely love the art style – will definitely pick this up. Even if it’s former the magic words Grasshopper Manufacture sold it. Shadows of The Damned, No More Heroes, obviously in for a treat.

When will it be out and the price (second part of the question is actually irrelevant). I just want to know WHEN?!

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 8:27 pm   5

This looks pretty nice. Won’t sell any Vitas though. Sadly.

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 8:43 pm   6

Cool, love the artstyle and audio.

This looked rather interesting. Not such a big fan of all the screen touching, but if it is key to delivering a better gameplay experience, then I guess I’d just have to deal with it.

The art style is quite appealing. Really hope you guys add the neat gyro parallax effect that some Vita games use (Like in Gravity Rush’s comic scenes and RocketBirds). It’s a nice little extra touch ;)

luckysalt81 20 August, 2013 @ 9:22 pm   8

Looks great, love these types of games

This and RIME had the best trailers for me. Having an amazing style and polished graphics are the best ways to get me initially hooked on a game and this media delivers. I like that it seems to be a bit more of a slower paced, methodical game and probably less stressful than Escape Plan!

I have to admit to turning my head to look at the face the ‘right’ way up.

Wow! This looks great. Day one for me!

UnpleasantSound 21 August, 2013 @ 3:29 am   11

I love these types of games, very emotional, first time I seen the trailer I was just like AWWW, and I think I might buy the bundle if they bring one out with the vita, just to get this game, I really love them. Also I’m doing art N design level 2 in college, so I might use this as a project of mine. very lovely.

Kirk_Enterprise 21 August, 2013 @ 6:09 am   12

This looks really interesting. Hope it is fun to play also.

Ramin1989 21 August, 2013 @ 7:47 pm   13

Hi! Must say I really loved this trailer. Games like Journey, Dear Esther and soon Rain and Murasaki baby are changing the industry. This game might sell me on the Vita. However, do you mind if I ask where that music comes from? Is it from the games soundtrack or could you inform me about if I can purchase it somewhere? :)

First of all – Shadows of the Damned was AWESOME.

Now that’s out of the way, my question – is this game download only, or will it have a funky box?

ashton_philip 21 August, 2013 @ 10:12 pm   15

Loved the look of this game and like that it uses the Vita’s features plus the artstyle is real cool with its sort of I don’t know if I’d call it a gothic aesthetic but it looks great as a concept nonetheless.