Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation gamescom 2013 livestream

Guten tag one and all! In just a few hours’ time our gamescom 2013 press conference will kick off here in Cologne, Germany. We’ll be briefing you on some of the awesome games and services you can expect to see coming to PS3, PS Vita and PS4 later this year and into 2014.

The livestream will kick off right here at 6.00pm BST/7.00pm CET, with around three hours of pure PlayStation entertainment lined up for the evening. Once the press conference has concluded, please stay on the stream for interviews and new trailers, before our live panel discussion begins at around 8.00pm BST/9.00pm GMT.

As revealed last week, some of the biggest names in game development, including our own Shuhei Yoshida, Beyond: Two Souls creator David Cage and Assassin’s Creed writer Darby McDevitt, will be sitting down to chew over the topic ‘narrative and storytelling in video games’. They’ll be taking questions on that theme via Twitter – if you have one, please do let us know at #PlayStationGC.

Finally, if you haven’t already, please also join us on Twitter and Instagram throughout the week for lots more behind the scenes coverage of this year’s show. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

160 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

and for the 5th time no one knows if we can see it on the vita you guys would have told us yesterday but you ignored us all

Fred Dutton 20 August, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

Hey everyone. Apologies for my silence for the last day or two. It has been a very busy time. I’m afraid that the stream will not be watch-able on PS Vita.

I3loodthirsty 20 August, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   2

looking forward too this.

be nice too get a release date and a hint or something of a new uncharted game on ps4 :D

European_Gamer 20 August, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   3

I hope you will live up to my high expectations.

Mardolina 20 August, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   4

If they can’t answer questions they should close the comments section entirely (just sometimes!) and spare us time asking when they clearly don’t have time to read and answer the comments at all. But I know…it’s only a blog, not support page (even though I wrote several times on support and nobody answered so far)….funny…just try harder pls (IMHO)

Expectations are indeed high especially forbthe vita. Make or break

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   6

*crosses fingers* Please PS Vita news, Vita news, Vita news…

thymeparadox 20 August, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   7

But they do answer questions, regularly. It’s just that they’ve been asked the same question constantly over the past couple of weeks and there is only so many times they can be expected to tell us that they don’t know.

MASPALOMAZ 20 August, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   8

I wouldnt expect any big vita news since the PS4 is way more important now for Sony. But if there is vita news you could still be happy. Just please spare us the dissapointment, it was already said EVERYWHERE this is about the ps4 ^^

nakano1987 20 August, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   9

Well if you meet David Cage ask him about the linearity of Beyond Two souls. Is there multiple endings like in the previous games? Regarding to the theme of ‘narrative and storytelling in video games’, you could ask how important is that the player can affect to the storyline. Does he think they have achieved this in Beyond: Two Souls? For example, does the player have a freedom of not to recruit into the military at all? And even with the given choice, the game’s story would keep interesting.

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   10

Will watch for Vita news! Disappointment receptors primed for maximum impact.

Not interested in PS4 until at least a year after launch. SCEE’s pathetic handling of everything Playstation/services makes me stay away. There’s nothing in the launch lineup I want anyway. No WipEout, no buy! RIP Studio Liverpool.

Why should I buy a PS4 when SCEE doesn’t give me the same services as their favored pet countries? Hello… video store? Hello… PS Mobile? SCEE runs such an abysmal business.

dogwalker4000 20 August, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   11

Microsoft seem to be pulling some fairly impressive moves out the bag, I hope Sony has just as much in store ^^

Urouborous 20 August, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   12

@Chaosprower, I am 100% with You. We gonna see new amazing announcements I hope. Vita’s price drop and PS4 release date seems to be clear but Vita needs more games, more BIG games announcements to show it’s full potential. Gamescom is last chance to change the future of Sony’s portable gaming.

Skookie30 20 August, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   13

looking forward to it fred, i have not regret getting a vita however there rumour of a new vita with bigger screen if that is true i wont be please.

why because it too soon for it the vita Needs games plus it not that old.

anyhows im glad the Ps3, vita still getting services that be features looking forward to more about cloud gaming in action tonight the price or is it a new plus tiel on all devices with new games that has not be reveal yet. :)

TheJungler 20 August, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   14

Can we watch the stream on PS3?

Hopefully we get some Vita Love!

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 1:45 pm   16

@MASPALOMAZ

@cowbanana

It clearly says that there will be games and servces revealed for Vita.

‘We’ll be briefing you on some of the awesome games and services you can expect to see coming to PS3, PS Vita and PS4 later this year and into 2014.’

My hopes are as high as yours that there will be good news.

@ MaxDiehard

they told that befor the E3 the only thing they told us was god of war hd collection and that was it

IceBoyUnique 20 August, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   18

Looking forward to it.

It’s funny you can tell who doesn’t have a vita by blog posts. Always so negative any time the vita gets mentioned.

People seem to forget that at E3 when talking about the PS4 they stated it was built around the vita. I’m guessing we will find out more about that at Gamescon.

The one big piece of news I’m waiting for is who bought Atlus. However I suspect I won’t know that until TGS, unless it was some western comapny.

I bought my vita for JRPG’s. The main game I want to know about is Toukiden. I know its suppose to be released Q4 yet no UK store seems to have a pre-order and I suspect like Muramasa this will only have a US release

MASPALOMAZ 20 August, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   20

Ok but what game could ever save the vita ?? I mean people ask always for more vita games but when you ask them what games.. Its NICHE games the masses dont care about (sadly?).

Now if for the vita they bring a FULL call of duty with all modes and maps, a full GTA 5, a full FIFA , now then we are talking and you can fasten your seatbelts and expect the vita to sell out , but like its now even when they announce some new vita games like bioshock ? who cares ?

Its not changing the situation that the vita isnt powerful enough and as a streaming device people probably rather buy some tablet

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 2:06 pm   21

@MaxDiehard

Yeah, I don’t doubt for a second that there will be Vita games. But will they be great games? Games that sell systems? Games I want to play?

Or will it be more sub-native resolution, stuttering crap ports by incompetent small time studios? More talking animals? More box opening? More creatively bankrupt mobile games? More F2P shovelware?

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   22

When the PS3 was first announced along with LittleBigPlanet, that game was the reason I got one, a whole year ahead of it’s release.

I’ll just keep saying it.

Good things come to those who wait.

“with around three hours of pure PlayStation entertainment lined up for the evening” Only 3 hours? I want MORE!:-D COOL i can’t wait;-)
+ I hope SONY being very quiet these last few weeks means they have some jaw-dropping stuff to show us:-P (it seems to be just Xbox ONE positive News these last few weeks online & i hope SONY don’t go quiet again after this show or MS will steal some sales with their Billions of pounds Advertising Brainwashing to come):-/

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 2:10 pm   24

There is a difference between Free2Play and Freemium.

Free2Play can all be had for free, anything you purchase is optional.

Freemium is where you do literally have to pay to progress.

Free2Play is great when done properly and having a game that’s genuinely worth sinking time into.

DiogoM07 20 August, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   25

UNCHARTED 4 pleaseee!!

Please both PSVita and PS4 great announcements.

PSVita pricedrop, new IP’s, PS4 new IP’s for launch too as Xbone has some big games going for it at the moment.

*Looks at: Naughty Dogs, Media Molecule, London Studio, Santa Monica and more studios

Come on! And why isn’t there still not a PSVita app to watch the conference live?

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   27

Been waiting for this day for the last 2 months…PLEASE some Vita news, if you’s disappoint me like E3 i will be so annoyed

pineanas 20 August, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   28

@ MASPALOMAZ the psp already had a FULL gta (LCS and Vice City Stories), Mercenary is shaping up to be a FULL killzone, Golden abyss is as full an uncharted as U1..
It’s all possible, just needs the support.

Also vita is portable so its okay that a vita Assasins creed is different than the main one, more fun for us! As long as its top quality which can be achieved as seen in Uncharted, Killzone, Wipeout, Rayman, Little Big Planet.
Problem is lack of first party support therefore lack of 3rd party and lazy coding on ports…

I dare say that a bioshock, infamous, assasins creed sequel and really good COD sequel would sell it to the masses.

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   29

@TheMART

Media Molecule already have a Vita title incoming.

Surely you haven’t forgotten about Tearaway?

Are you uploading all the 3 hours to the youtube, if possible today?

Fred Dutton 20 August, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

Yes, all the video we show tonight will be available in one way or another on YouTube. The file sizes are massive, so it’s unlikely they’ll go live today. We hope to have them ready for tomorrow morning.

However, you will be able to watch the stream on a loop via Ustream in the meantime.

I hope you enjoy the show!

no wonder 3rd party devs dont support the vita sony doesnt even do that

to bad last console from sony that im going to buy unless something will change but i guess it wont

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 2:25 pm   32

Tearaway looks nice, but it’s old news. Sony better bring some interesting titles, because there isn’t much to look forward to. There’s a couple of Japanese titles that look great, but there’s no EU announcements for them and like Muramasa I doubt there will be :/

I imported Muramasa and Dragon’s Crown (which is coming in October) just to play something interesting on my Vita. Sony’s support for their own handheld has been abysmal. Only two upcoming games for EU that were announced a long time ago. Really pathetic. No wonder Nintendo is destroying Sony in the handheld market with all the things they release.

Sony doesn’t care and it shows… I doubt they can turn it around at this point, to be honest. They should have done much more instead of twiddling thumbs.

@28

Tearaway is made by one of their teams and I got it pre-ordered.

Devs always have 2 teams at work though. It is said that the Tearaway team is rather small compared to the complete size of Media Molecule.

Thus, it is safe to say that the bigger team is working on a PS4 IP. And that is what I was pointing at!

BATTENBERG91 20 August, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   34

When can we expect to find out what September’s ps+ games will be?

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   35

@TheMART

Not all devs have 2 teams. Mine for example.

And i’m aware of Mm’s PS4 project, especially after their tech demo at E3.

MaxDiehard 20 August, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   36

Considering the fact that LittleBigPlanet 1 was created by only 21 people, and the help of a few other studios for external assets. The studio has greatly expanded since then.

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   37

Edit for above: I mean two titles that interest me. I’m not into talking dogs and other silly titles… and I doubt talking dogs will sell Vitas. Nintendo already popularized the dog thing and took the money. Adding cringeworthy voices will do nothing, mark my words. Parent’s don’t buy 3-7 year old girls expensive Vitas and memory cards when they can buy Android/iOS apps for a few dollars. (I know, speaking as a parent).

Sony needs to innovate instead of running with yesteryears fads. Whoever green-lit the funding of the talking dogs thing needs to be tied down and facepalmed, a lot.

@34

Not all devs… But the bigger ones do. Naughty Dog for example too. All 1st party Sony studios pretty much do. Aside of MM, Guerilla (they are working on something else than Killzone).

Their old IP spinoff is handled by other devs, like LBPVita wasn’t done by MM themselves. Neither is Killzone Mercenary made by Guerilla Amsterdam, but another SOny studio that was renamed to Guerilla in UK. Uncharted for PSVita wasn’t made by Naughty Dog either etc.

Thanks Fred!

Absolutely pathetic that we can’t watch on vita. What year is it?

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 2:41 pm   41

Bend Studios > Naughty Dog! Not because of Golden Abyss, because of Resistance Retribution + Logan’s Shadow

Mardolina 20 August, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   42

@ MASPALOMAZ
I can’t agree more. Vita is not a very powerful device but still for its price quite good. The games created or to be created are not the ones I would love by 100%, maybe except the Killzone: M which was great in beta even though I can’t get used to the controls (on most of the vita games) but it is only problem of small PSVs analogs and my clumsy fingers.

In spite of that I love my PSV and I am satisfied with its arsenal of games although I bought it for more than my PSP library (ohhh, I enjoyed games more without trophies)

Anyway, those complaining about the lack of vita games are totally wrong. There are so many of them and I think that normal ppl with normal life and job have only time for a few games each year (2-3 games per year suffice) which will take a lot of time to have 100% completion for each of them (take example of JRPGs). I hope gamescom will be nice addition to PS4s info we already have (mayhaps some PSV but its okay if not cause as I said there are multiple games to be played)

planeet32 20 August, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   43

Thanks Fred for your reply Re. Vita! Will be watching on my PC then.

@41

Resistance Retribution was bad yo… They did pretty good with Uncharted certainly for a launch game. Sorry, but Bend isn’t beating Naughty Dog by a long shot, Uncharted 1 to 3 on PS3 + The Last of Us, and not even forgetting what ND did in the past.

They should be renamed to Naughty Gods…

@42

“Vita is not a very powerful device but still for its price quite good.”

Now tell me that again, when I’m looking at Killzone Mercenary and know it runs on a port of the PS3 Killzone 3 engine, and when the 3DS bad graphics make my eyes bleed.

Haven’t seen a mobile device doing what the PSVita does. No, not on tablets or smartphones I can find game experiences like that with these graphics, effects etc.

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   46

So, Vita gets no live stream because… Vita gets no games? Amirite?

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   47

I read somewhere that naughty dog refused to make a vita game, only thing I have to say is “I’m sorry, WHAT!?”

Last time I heard ND was bought by sony so they answer to them, why oh why haven’t sony said “dear nd, you WILL make a great Vita game to make , so good that will make other devs jump in the boat”.

But no, when sony itself doesn’t force their own studios to make exclusive vita ip’s, of course 3rd parties couldn’t care less either.

And this indie support crap is beyong my comprehension because all I see is crappy ios and android alike games being made for a console that can handle “little” games games like… umm… KILLZONE MERCENARY!?

I haven’t bought a ps vita to play ports and/or mobile phone games.

@46

Sounds like a poor attempt of trolling… Amirite?

Anyways, I’ll see if the updated browser with new streaming video formats is able to run any of the streams tonight.

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   49

@TheMART

Trolling? I am a Vita owner since day 1. A disappointed Vita owner.

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   50

cowbanana, TheMart was talking about Amirite LOL

Mardolina 20 August, 2013 @ 3:04 pm   51

I meant it in the whole. I can’t call my PSV a portable and powerful enough device when it’s battery cannot hold for more than 4 hours of straight playing, really, can not…and still I enjoy it despite its numerous flaws.

And yes, I was amazed of Killzone: M and its graphics, I was really, even the gameplay. But if it takes a lot of time and effort for devs to create games like that (i dont know, I’m just guessing, sorry), then there is no point in having powerful enough PSV in my hands. Maybe I was misunderstood, my English is not that good (its somewhere deep down below) and what I meant by “powerful” was not the graphics aspect of the games.

Sony really need to push the Vita allot more, I know this is the Smartphone/Cheap games era and competition is hard, But considering Sony owns many developers and franchises they should be able to make more 1st party

@49

So why would you assume no PSVita games, because the stream isnt’ running on the PSVita? That isn’t logic…

@51

Agreed, battery life could indeed be better. I hope the fw updateds will make it a tad better in the future. Probably not or not by much

Sure, it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good game. No different on other consoles. PSVita is pretty easy to develop for it is said, like PS4. Unlike the PS3 which was very hard.

We must not forget, games like Killzone Mercenary are the real 2nd wave of games that didn’t have the launch trouble of not knowing the hardware good enough. I expect more of such goodness coming our way and new stuff announced this Gamescom by Sony for PSVita too.

MASPALOMAZ 20 August, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   55

Well now for the future if a dev makes a game basically it can run on PS4/XboxOne/PC because they are all based on PC technology..

Vita, Wii-U and other failed hardware designs will have it quite difficult. While they may be nice devices like the atari lynx back in the day, there simply is no market sadly :(

So as with everything in life, its better to appreciate what you have.. Over complaining about what you dont have. Because there is already quite a big amount of vita games and I guess some more good ones are coming before Sony cancels the device (or brings a new hardware revision,whatever).

@55

Oh there is a market. But for that market the PSVita isn’t on the right price level.

Handhelds hardly sell on prices above 200.

3DS showed that. No sales at the 250 launch price pretty much, like hot cakes on 150 to 180, even when there were fewer games.

Mardolina 20 August, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   57

@54

I sincerely hope so :). I’m also saying I won’t disappointed if they don’t release any new PSV games info. If PS4 gets attention of more than enough ppl I am sure the PSV will get noticed in no time by more ppl too.

Although – make more commercials about PSV and PS4. Most ppl I know only think the PSV is for kids only and some think there is still only PSP…but I guess it’s a long way to succeed in this part.

My personal reasons why ppl are not buying PSVs or selling it:

1) they just don’t have time and found out they don’t enjoy gaming that much in their lives

2) have negative view of gaming in general

3) think it’s kids “thing” (i know 3 university teachers who sometimes play on their PS3 and PSV so it’s totally not true)

4) game too much and therefore are not easily satisfied

supersmith2500 20 August, 2013 @ 3:47 pm   58

Really hoping Sony’s 1st party studios and 3rd party studio reveal some games for the Vita and less ports and even a White Vita bundle. At E3 it was really disappointing. Dear Jim Ryan or even Andy House, do not disappoint me by not revealing more Vita games.

And I’m not watching the stream via Home because it is broken and has failed to stream E3 on June so yup. I’m on the PC this time.

Dansmith89 20 August, 2013 @ 3:49 pm   59

if the vita cant play live stream then how the hell can i watch it, my pc broke and vita was last option, im guessing ps3 cant play it either, this sucks, they really need to make it easier for people to watch live streams

I forgot to ask, will the SONY PlayStation GamesCom Show be on PSN soon to, to download? I have watched the PS4 show(in Feb) & the E3 2013 show ’5′ times each now(YES i am PlayStation obsessed) :D

Dansmith89 20 August, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   61

if the vita cant play live stream then how are we going to watch it, my pc is dead, ps3 obviously wont, so what do we do

DoYouLikeMyID 20 August, 2013 @ 3:58 pm   62

@Dansmith89

You can watch the stream in PS Home on your PS3. If you haven’t already made a character, I suggest you do so now. ;)

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 3:59 pm   63

@Mardolina Two or three good games for year are not enough for me. I enjoyed Persona 4 Golden and I’ll probably get Tearaway, but that’s not enough to cover 12 months. And there’s so many famous franchises that don’t have games for Vita like Grand Theft Auto, Kingdom Hearts, anything big by EA, Activision or even Sony itself, Final Fantasy/God of War/Ratchet and Clank games which are not a port, in fact, anything that isn’t a port. etc, etc.

Leaving these impossible fantasies aside, I wonder about PS4 services for Vita, if Gaikai is supposedly all server-side, wouldn’t the Vita be able to use cloud computing without having buy a PS4? (Gaikai is releasing in the US in 2014, no info at all for Europe concerning availability or release date, this could also be adressed). Also, the new PSN social network thingie with real names and stuff, will it be added to the Vita as a firmware update? As even the mobile apps will have it, I suppose so, but it would be nice if it were confirmed.

@61

With what device are you typing on this blog? can’t be PSVita, now is it…

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   65

“they just don’t have time and found out they don’t enjoy gaming that much in their lives”

If it’s all gaming itself’s fault, then why is the 3DS a top seller with games like Animal Crossing?

@62

There are more games than just two or three good games a year though. Maybe not your genre preference, not all AAA and many indies, but this year alone I saw:

Soul Sacrifice, Guacamelee!, Superfrog HD, Dragons Crown, Muramasa Rebirth…

In Japan, still has to get region coding though, many new games. I hope they’ll release this Xmas in the west. Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway out soon and I’ll have some to play on PSVita this year. I just want more big Sony IP’s to be announced for the future.

@TheMART
Lately I have been using Vita to read and comment on this blog. Works great.

Too bad you can’t stream on Vita, I guess I have to wait for those youtube videos…

@66

Maybe you can stream. The browser has just been updated with new video formats. Just try tonight with the major sites like IGN etc.

EA’s conference stream just ended. BF4 looks sick

The only complaint I have with the vita, is that the EU is sorely lacking in games coming out for it, behind the US and miles behind Japan.

If these games were available to buy in EU today I would One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Toukiden, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ciel Nosurge: Re incarnation, Dragon’s Dogma Quest (JPSN only out next month), Samurai Warriors 2 with Xtreme Legends and Empires (once again JPSN only), Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (J release next month). At least 9 games that have no concrete release for anywhere outside of Japan (Toukiden, but I’ll believe it when shops start having it for pre-order).

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   70

@44 Uncharted is the most overrated game of all time, just an alright game with a typical good guy who makes cheesy joke and will never die.
RR was an awesome game, i clocked about 800 hours in the Multiplayer.
Haven’t play TLOU yet but i imagine it’s only rated so high because of an emotional story like TWD and the graphics

The lack of games for vita is a big issue. I bought one about a year ago and I have played and finished most of the existing collection, about 60 of these to 100% completion. I work full time and have two kids and house to tend to so I can’t say I play that much.
The overall amount of games might seem much but the content isn’t.
The vita needs more good, quality games.

@69

Wrong. It might not have been your genre, but the game, especially part 2 was pretty good. Part 3 I enjoyed too. The PSVita version was alright/good.

Resistance on PS3 was good, PSVita version meh.

So you are just assuming about TLOU? Nice… Maybe play first and then complain, no?

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   73

@71 I’m not talking about the PS Vita version, that sucked…i’m talking about the PSP version Resistance Retribution

Also i’m not complaining…

Mardolina 20 August, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   74

@69
How can then be TLOU overrated due to great story and graphicsv (if that’s what you heard when not played)? It doesn’t make sense the way you wrote it

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   75

@47 Naughty dog is highly likely working on Uncharted 4. If I could choose between a PS4 uncharted made by ND or a Vita one, I’d still go for the prettier looking console game. Besides, Golden abyss wasn’t all that bad, despite not being developed by ND.
But I do agree, the Vita needs a lot more games and exclusives.

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   76

@69 That is such a simplistic way of looking at it. Uncharted has single handedly raised the bar of quality in third person shooters. Animations that are out of this world, controlls so smooth you could eat off of them, graphics that are beyond most of everything we’ve seen this gen, the list goes on..
Calling this overrated is a crime by itself, but the most overrated game of all time? I fart in your general direction sir.

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   77

sorry that was @70 xYakuzaz

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   78

Sony besta please me today! I’ve been a Playstation gamer and lover from the start but lately I’ve been losing some of my respect for Sony with the whole ‘mandatory Plus for online gaming’ thing. Getting watered down PLUS edtitions for the games in the IGC on top of that just adds to the flames.. They really have something to make up for imo. The console being a little cheaper might win over the masses, but not me. Stop dropping the ball and get back on it Sony.

If Sony got 1 dev from each of their 1st party companies, and formed them all into a dedicated ps vita developer/company that would still be a big improvement

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   80

@76 Name a more overrated game then? Excluding COD

Vannaa_Girl 20 August, 2013 @ 5:15 pm   81

Señors,
Pehaps we can stop argueing so much over small things and just enjoy being gamers in what looks like a awesome time to be with PS :p

Very excited for this stream, thank you Fred and team ofc,
Would die to see something new off NG but my ps4 is all set and i am a very happy Señorita what else comes after E3

Vita love would be great though huh :)

dark_angel69 20 August, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   82

Bring this to PS4

Game looks so amazing and I don’t want to get an Xbox One or even a PC just for that one game. Would be much better on PS4! Would be possible to come to PS4 someday right?

supersmith2500 20 August, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   83

@Izorpo:
I have to agree with you. While Japan has a pretty decent library of games. The Vita really needs good quality AAA titles and less Pay2play and indie titles as well as more 3rd-party support. Like I said before, I’m hoping for more AAA titles for the Vita and not ports. Otherwise, more 1st party cross-buy titles would be real nice.

What’s this? My Vita implies I could watch the stream?

xYakuzaz 20 August, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   85

What’s with the loud beep coming from the stream? Jeez

cirnodaisuki 20 August, 2013 @ 5:42 pm   86

vita AAA game please
at least,minecraft please

people stop directing comments about Uncharted to me, I don’t care about the game or The Last of Us for that matter. AAA western games mean nowt to me ok?

@supersmith2500

I have no issue with indie games, I have played loads of good indie games on both the PS3 and the vita. Poor ports like Lego LOTR is another matter (not even a 1/4 of the PS3 game – how can one have an LOTR game and not have Ents???!!)

All I want are more of the games Japan gets be it physical or download only release. Also apps and games the US gets localised but the EU has no release. It’s bad enough having to import games from the US and now having to do it from Japan as well whilst learning hiragana and katakana has made my hobby more expensive than it should be. Yet some game released in Japan only mean you have to buy dlc to finish the story and as the vita is one account locked (without endlessly switching memory cards).

XnoobsquadX 20 August, 2013 @ 6:04 pm   88

I hope sony listened to vita gamers and will give it the attention it
needs. If its anything like E3 u´d might aswell give it up and stop producing it. Very annoyed at the so called announcements(E3) w/o actual footage/explenation or expected release dates. Hoping for some good tripple A games (not those fudging titles announced at E3) Good luck vita gamers we need it.

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   89

Guess I’ll watch via Chrome, IE messed up on me last time.

Standard Sony press conference. Late start, constantly buffering stream. COME ON I RUSHED BACK FROM WORK FOR THIS!

INS1GHTFUL 20 August, 2013 @ 6:18 pm   91

Won’t work on iPad or my android phone :-(

There I was thinking it was just me staring at a black screen

and people should listen to drolltroll007UK? the resident bully that mocks people on the basis of ethnicity and sexual orientation. That attacks and stalks people on Facebook, and often has his comments moderated as he feels a compulsion to harass and harangue other people.

yawn tedious

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   93

Ugh, why give more money to Phil Fish if he said he has given up on game development.

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   94

Big Fest: Royalty-free music? -_-

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 6:36 pm   95

Indies, indies, indeas, what about first-party games from Sony themselves?

sakulukk 20 August, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   96

For the love of cookies …. Make that guy who works on cameras stop switching from full screen to showing the hall all the time when there are trailers playing… Its annoying when you watch a stream…

ZorroDelDemonio 20 August, 2013 @ 6:42 pm   97

So all we got for Vita is Borderlands 2. The rest of the gamescon was about Android games :/

That it for the Vita? 1 lonely big title with gameplay, geez thats one way to ruin a price drop with – still not enough support for the avg gamer

the stream is rather choppy here i have had to switch to gametrailers there stream is smooth for me so if your having issues try it

monoliet 20 August, 2013 @ 6:46 pm   100

vita stil overpriced 150 € needed
mem cards % of = howh many ?????
indie games are good but to many in conference = boaring
untile nowh = boaring

ZorroDelDemonio 20 August, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   101

BTW, 199$ =/= 199€.
As usual, your conversions make me laugh.

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 6:49 pm   102

So…Just one more port? No hope for more Vita games? :(

MafiaCub 20 August, 2013 @ 6:50 pm   103

Far far far too many of these announcements are stating: “Making it’s console exclusive debut on PS4, and Ps Vita”

So what happened to not giving up on support for PS3? if they’re coming out next year, and can be handled by VITA, why are they not on PS3 too? I know you want to force people to upgrade, but surely the big AAA titles are the place for that. Why have indy games been designated to PS4 only? This is a huge step back from the PS2 support post PS3 release, and I’m not impressed.

New AAA titles for PS3 are gonna be very few, the PSN store titles were gonna be what keeps people around. It’s annoying that it seems by next year there’ll be very few new titles.

ZorroDelDemonio 20 August, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   104

Can we watch the trailer without showing the audience, for once?

CodeMonkey_UK 20 August, 2013 @ 7:01 pm   105

Do you think you could pass on to the Director a little tip. Nobody watching the stream wants to see the audience during a clip of a game!

Huge captive audience for all these reveals and someone thinks it’s a good idea to keep cutting away and pan across the audience with a crappy grainy long distance shot of the clip poorly lit in the background.

I’ve quit watching and will watch the videos later.

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   106

The Playroom app is going to be a waste of space for people without the PS Eye. Expect people to be annoyed by it just like the Singstar icon on the PS3.

BitBoy-DK 20 August, 2013 @ 7:04 pm   107

Gamescon streaming: Please keep the view onscreen and not on the audience when you show content. It’s so incredibly annoying when the view switches away. :-(

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:09 pm   108

The Internet providers thing, does it mean they will sell PS4 subsidized packages or something like that? Or the offers are just for their services and not for the PS4? I didn’t quite understand.

pressmyfoot 20 August, 2013 @ 7:10 pm   109

Liking the vita indie love.

pmf (indie fan)

ShadowDoGGG 20 August, 2013 @ 7:13 pm   110

Sure as hell hope the vita price cut isn’t anywhere near the deal I got

vita + 8gb (preowned obviously but mint condition and no original box) for £102.50

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:14 pm   111

So in Assassins Creed III you killed Englishmen, now you kill Spaniards, yay!

Hexahedronaut 20 August, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   112

Orange Really!! They’ve been voted worst in the UK BEHIND talk talk which I didn’t think was possible.

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   113

“Assassins Creed is a brand commonly associated with Playstation”

Well, I played most of the series on PC.

Hexahedronaut 20 August, 2013 @ 7:21 pm   114

Someone for the love of Nora get that cameraman out of there!!

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:31 pm   115

“Microsoft sucks because they changed their plans, however, we always have screwed Vita and European users since the beginning.”

mulletboyjay 20 August, 2013 @ 7:32 pm   116

November, yes!

monoliet 20 August, 2013 @ 7:33 pm   117

29 febr = to late
so i have 0 games to play untile end nov ( only ff a realm rebon )
u gone lounch u own games whith games of bf -cod -ac = u games are not intresting then .

Chaosprower 20 August, 2013 @ 7:35 pm   118

What a craptastic conference, no new games for PS Vita, and most of the new PS4 games were indie games already announced for PC. Just a quick mocking of the competition at the end doesn’t cut it. At least Microsoft changed their strategy before their launch for the better rather than making the changes on the fly after they console is released.

MASPALOMAZ 20 August, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   119

So Minecraft is PS3/PS4 only or also coming for Vita?!

Not that i am interested in the vita but that would be a killer app i assume :P

I have to say I never was as unexcited about gaming as now, I just saw the new bf4 trailer and while graphic is stunning and so many things are going on, like planes, ships, storms, hundrets of troops i think,…. just give me a pistol and an enemy?? Lets fight Man vs. Man??

Dont know all these flashing things really…

I’m disappointed. Sony has so many studios but no new big titles where announced. Not for PS4 not for Vita. The highlight was indie games but I don’t care for the majority of them. They don’t need a the hardware Vita or PS4 is delivering (99% of them). Also a lot of games where unclear. The Amiga Beast thing or the LBP hub, what are they?!
And please fire the guy who was responsible for the camera’s. Showing the stage during every effing gameplay video is NOT how you show it!

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   121

Only thing I can say after this conference is that I’ve wasted 1 hour and a half of my life to watch garbage.

Intro
10 minutes for PS3
10-15 minutes for PS Vita
Rest for PS4

As for the PS Vita games and PS4 launch games I can only laugh, what a joke of a press conference this was seriously.

They didn’t even said the prices for the ps vita mem cards, only that they will be discounted, which makes me wonder how much, not much I guess otherwise they’d make it an huge announcement and they didn’t.

I for one won’t be getting a ps4 at launch, would be stupid as I don’t want a ps4 for indie games (riddiculous), and I sure keep hitting the key on the vita, a console made to match console enviroment and yet its being flled with ios/android alike rubish.

Then, for last I laugh hard when one said that the remote play will be available for ALMOST all ps4 games and then it comes the other guy saying it will be available for ALL ps4 games haha this coming from a company that waved that flag for the ps3 when they first announced the Vita and then the ps4, it seems that like other promisses this won’t be fully delivered.

xscapeguy2007 20 August, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   122

Sorry Sony but you have really made me sad that it looks like Ps3 will be left for dead after this year, i was at least expecting for news on Until Dawn , but nothing, its been over ayear now.

As for the games coming to ps4 nothing excites me, at all. I have been with Sony since ps1 and my fears once a PC developer got there hands on archartecture of next gen has been realised, well hope everyone enjoys FPS because apart from a few this is what this gen looks like its going to be! One unhappy gamer here!

Terry

So I finally get the live stream to work – on youtube to find out the big news is Minecraft and that big AAA titles bought on PS3 get a “significant discount” for PS4 version – ummm like the usual 15% off.

Honestly if you are going to hire people to film a conference, you may want to be sure that they actually have at least a miniscule knowledge of cinematography. People are watching to see what games are on offer (re trailers) and its also customary to keep the camera on the person speaking (the one on stage). If you are going to pull out and show the audience there should be a reason for it, not arbitrary pan and scan. This is really poor, so Sony next time you have a conference maybe bring over the cameraman who filmed the E3 conference as the one at Gamescom was absolute pants

monoliet 20 August, 2013 @ 7:38 pm   124

only + point = minecraft on ps4
rest ps3 = same price like vita ???????
1 new ps vita game already on ps3 = borderlands
indie games are good in time whe not get a+++ games but waiting to long
ps vita price need 150 €
mem cards 50% of
ps4 new ip ???????????????????

monoliet 20 August, 2013 @ 7:38 pm   125

only + point = minecraft on ps4
rest ps3 = same price like vita ???????
1 new ps vita game already on ps3 = borderlands
indie games are good in time whe not get a+++ games but waiting to long
ps vita price need 150 €
mem cards 50% of
ps4 new ip ?

xscapeguy2007 20 August, 2013 @ 7:39 pm   126

One more thing Sony is thati am not paying twice for a game i paid for on my ps3! Why should we, you just answered another fear of mine. Doubke dipping to own a game! No chance.

Terry

labedz5 20 August, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   127

I am not sure if I am right, you get extra 90 days of ps plus if you buy 1 year subscription, start from tomorrow? I just bought 1 year today. Anyway, year is long and nothing to regret.

Pte-Parts 20 August, 2013 @ 7:41 pm   128

Why do we have to wait two weeks longer in the UK?!

wiipass 20 August, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   129

i don’t really like indie games & the game i was hoping from the talented house of marque is stars dust HD 2 or dead nation 2 but they have this space shooter crap which has been done 3 billion times. oh well i’m still buying PS4 but i may delay getting one until something i see & like on it.

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   130

Yeah… Vita is dead. It’s over.

Ports and indies aren’t going to keep it afloat. It’s completely clear that Sony is done with the platform. No new announcements… wat?!

I don’t care one bit for remote play with PS4. First off I’m not buying a PS4 until at least a year post launch as I already have superior “next-gen” gaming on my PC. PS4 will need to get some interesting exclusives before I bite. Secondly I don’t see the point in playing PS4 games on a small screen. I bought the Vita for portable gaming away from my wi-fi.

There’s not enough faceplams in the world for Sony’s abysmal handling of the Vita. Pathetic. Nintendo deserves to win the handheld space when Sony is so ridiculouslt out of touch with what people want from handhelds. No wonder Nintendo is utterly destroying the Vita worldwide.

TheMART 20 August, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   131

This Gamescom event was not what I expected too bad. Most a copy paste of what we already knew.

Sure, the indie showing was nice, with FEZ for PSVita, awesome. But I would have liked some PSVIta AAA announcements. And for PS4 more launch games, as Xbone has the upper hand ATM.

This:

“Sony has announced that a trio of top PlayStation studios have big unannounced projects in the works.

Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio and Media Molecule have big things ahead, according to Sony’s Michael Denny.”

Isnt’ cutting it Sony. I may hope they better speak up at TGS… The releasedate I can live with. Rather have had the PS4 early november, but 29th will do, just after Tearaway on my PSVita. Nontheless, show didn’t suck, just expected more I guess.

supersmith2500 20 August, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   132

UTTER DISSAPOINTMENT! No AAA titles for Vita, no Crystal White Vita bundle and Europe has to wait an additional 2 weeks after the US release JUST LIKE THE WII U.

Seriously only one port for the Vita and two 2D indie games and that’s it and yet again, focusing WAY too much on Ubisoft. -___-

Skookie30 20 August, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   133

What a quick 3 hours it was 90 mins what a poor conference the ps3 is dead only 3 games announce no features for it.

Vita was better, ps4 was awesome but then my heart sunk will ps4 answer my question will it have a better service then the ps3 had not region base like ps3 had but no USA getting it 1st we EU had to wait 2 weeks later Why is that.

The only good point I love was the jib to MS from andy lol :D

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   134

Great launch lineup but again, I honestly expected more exclusive reveals. Full games, not Indies. Ryme is one of the few that stuck by me and reminded me a lot of Shadow of the colossus and Journey (on that note, where was the Last Guardian?!). Most of the big exclusives were already revealed so that was kind of disappointing. No Uncharted 4 or God of war glimpse or anything.. Same goes for Vita, for which we’ve been getting plenty of Indies, but where are the big games?? Games like Uncharted, Gravity rush and LBP? Killzone and Tearaway coming up, but after that?
The whole free to play model doesn’t interest me either, as you usually get demo’s of the game where you have to purchase everything else seperately.

TheMART 20 August, 2013 @ 7:50 pm   135

Amazon.de had that PSVita + 8GB memstick loaded with games like LBPVita for 179 Euro very recently. Announcing the pricedrop afterwards while it was already in effect is kinda funny but well.

An official 199 Sony retail price means often cheaper in shops. I’m expecting prices to go hoover around 169 to 179 Euro over coming months.

wiipass 20 August, 2013 @ 7:50 pm   136

Sony is good at making you feel great at the beginning of announcing their new consoles but by the time they release them they somehow manage to make you feel like you don’t want to buy it anymore. lol it’s true

monoliet 20 August, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   137

ms excl. deals
cod dedicated servers
titan zone
excl dlc cod + bf ( u asking mony to u service = be more agresif to get use dlc ore ful games lots of peopel play )

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   138

I’ve stated my opinions on PLUS several times too. I never used to let it bother me but now that PLUS is mandatory for online gaming, it directly affects me. The offer of games are usually horrible for me, like AC3 coming up now, which I’ve owned since launch. Not only that, but we’ll still be getting PS3 and Vita offers in there, while I’d much rather just be getting PS4 stuff at that point. And when we do actually get PS4 games, they’ll be ‘PLUS editions’, glorified demo’s.. I have absolutely nothing good to say of PLUS at this point.
Lastly, those snide comments towards Microsoft are really childish and below the stature of a (once more?) respectable company like Sony.

Skookie30 20 August, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   139

About fast broadband I’m with BT infinity I got a max speed of 66mb from 4Mb in most of uk BT infinity have 100mb but that down south of uk.

I may now cancel my preorder of ps4 not because it was crap but most games we already know it was announce at E3 why Sony do you keep repeating stuff.

But the release date for EU was the last draw so Big USA get it 1st same old region base draconian Sony nothing changes.

Hexahedronaut 20 August, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   140

Unlike pretty much everyone here I don’t need AAA games to justify my ps4 Pre order

Minecraft
Rime
Hotline miami 2
Fez
The binding of Isaac
Rogue Legacy
Velocity 2X

Did that for me.

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 7:56 pm   141

Pricecut on Vita and PS3 was a great idea ofcourse, although I honestly don’t think a lot of people are interested in a 12 gig PS3. I know I like to get the thing ready to go, without having to switch HDD’s.
Bring out a pack with a 500 gig PS3 and 2 Dualshock controllers around that price point and I’ll get me a 4th one, and have my brother convinced to get one too.

ieatpixels 20 August, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   142

Why do we have to wait an extra 2 weeks more than the USA????

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 8:01 pm   143

@139 Yea that too! Europe biggest market, US gets the early launch.. *facepalm*

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 8:03 pm   144

@ieatpixels

Because… ‘Murica, f*** yeah! And probably because they need to battle MS the hardest on their home turf, which makes business sense. Sony can be sensible when it’s not concerning the Vita, when it comes to the Vita they haven’t got the slightest clue.

mdogg91 20 August, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   145

why why whyyyy. Sony where is all the vita games. as much as borderland is a good game its a port. where is all the aaa exclusives (bangs head against table)

Skookie30 20 August, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   146

That right andy House did say what we already know EU is biggest market but over the years Sony/SCEE treat us like dirt.

So what USA get it 1st because I’m won’t get one right away. now I wait till letter now.

USA get ps4 1st USA get cloud gaming 1st USA this USA that USA USA zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

TheMART 20 August, 2013 @ 8:08 pm   147

I got one thing that wasn’t mentioned though a question for Fred or any mod to answer:

Sony said to launch PS4 in 32 countries, winning compared to MS just in 13, BUT

Is The Netherlands one of those EU countries that receive the PS4 at Nov 29th???

the 20 service’s wthat were added in europe were most for U.K only so don’t show off stuff you only released for 1 country in europe

cowbanana 20 August, 2013 @ 8:11 pm   149

Who wants borderlands 2 on Vita? It’s an old game with no hype or sales potential. I admit that I haven’t played it, but if I wanted to play it I’d get it for cheap on Steam and play it maxed out on my PC.

I honestly don’t see the point in putting it on the Vita.

Even though I don’t like COD, it would make a vast ocean of sense to get COD Ghosts on Vita, launching simultaneously with the console versions. But… Sony is too powerless, inept etc. etc. to make that happen. That WOULD sell Vitas.

Borderlands 2… lol. I think everyone who wanted to play it has done so already. It’ll probably be another quickie port that runs like a one legged dog at subnative resolution. Mark my words!

Ports of old games… *facepalm*

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 8:18 pm   150

About your conference sony and what was said (or not said) about the ps vita, Jack Nicholson has something to share with you:

Enjoy!

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   151

@146 Ofcourse it’ll release in the Netherlands on launch. Not because we’re smaller countries that we’re gonna get left behind in that aspect.. I already got my pre order with an advance payed, and should get it on launchday here (Game Mania)

Widow3cdo 20 August, 2013 @ 8:37 pm   152

That space shooter they showed reminded me so much of defender, rescue people even the name of the blast thing that was used is the same only difference is defender was flat 2D, defender was a good game. Shadow of the beast? ok so this didnt realy look like shadow of the beast from what I can remember, I know graphics are updated but I dont remember the character looking like that, if it has the original music, it will peobably feel more like shadow of the beast.

Why was there a post here or on facebook or both, about sackboy being excited for gamescom, when you didnt even show sackboy? I guess your holding back on the LBP3 announcement now? why am I seeing mostly indie games? people buy a NEXT GEN SYSTEM to play NEXT GEN GAMES, there is only 3 games worth getting at launch rest is old remakes and indie titles, I was expecting more real PS4 titles from this event, but its turned out to be just a mediocre show, im a bit disapointed after watching this.

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   153

@#152 it was that little big planet hub crap, another sony’s milking cow -.- they may say it’s free but i seriously bet it will have micro-transactions being shoved into your face all the time.

Widow3cdo 20 August, 2013 @ 8:48 pm   154

@153 oh I didnt see that was that at the start of the show? because I missed a bit at the start, sumo digital is supposed to be making LBP3 though so why wasnt it announced?

JAY81UK 20 August, 2013 @ 8:49 pm   155

Hi, can someone confirm the discount structure for the 75% off please?

If I pre-order GTAV on PSN, does that then mean I could buy Max Payne 3, GTAIV, LA Noire, and Bully with 75% off each one, of do I only get the discount off one title?

Thanks

@Jay81UK: Discount goes for 1 Rockstar game.

skells22 20 August, 2013 @ 9:01 pm   157

Was not expecting the gt6 date to be said about today but that my Christmas game all sorted so thank you for the gt6 date

JAY81UK 20 August, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   158

@WizzNL

Really? Where has this been confirmed?

chinese_dude 20 August, 2013 @ 11:41 pm   159

Ps4 launch looks and sounds like a repeat of the PS3 launch,
So now I am worried the European launch will get delayed just like the PS3 one did.

And will someone please fire or shoot the Producer / Director of that video, pan in,pan out, repeat, show some video pan out repeat.

Camera wise this presentation was crap. I couldn’t see 1 video presented in it’s total!
Information wise it was crap. To many titles and almost all of them indies. Not that I don’t care about indies but this I would have loved to see some depth in the presentation and 1 or 2 NEW AAA titles for PS4 and Vita.
Also NO information about Gai Kai. WHEN is that service coming to EU and WHEN in my country?
NO info about WHAT Plus is going to offer on the PS4. Is it 1 glorified demo and an indie from now on or WHAT?
Also, again, no information about the integration of PSVita in PS4 games except (again) for remote play (and is that for ALL of SOME games, your messages are mixed!).