Posted 2:47pm

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn update

All customers that purchased the digital version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition, or Collector’s Edition, from PlayStation Network on 27th or 28th August will receive a full refund and will be able to find the funds in their wallet as soon as this is processed.

In addition, the entitlements of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition or Collector’s Edition will be reset and the title will appear again in the download list.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 4 September, 2013 @ 2:55 pm   1

Does this mean FFXIV ARR wont be resold on PSN anytime soon?
This is the only way i can purchase FFXIV ARR – so id like to know if itll be on the store in the future…

Thank You Sony!

So, we need to wait until sales restarted to buy entitlement again? What the reason to download client if I can’t start service?

nice

Apology from SCEE. How unusual. Or maybe we can look forward to better times? Like, i don’t know, as SCEE will apologies for invading our personal space in XMB with forced, insulting, undeletable app and finally give us option to delete or move it?

are we going to be able to download this game on the psn again?

I stopped, no abo in the psn store = i ignore this game.

Awesome!!! This is really great of Sony to refund the cost, I was expecting some kind of compensation but a full refund is amazing & still allowing us to keep it is even better. I glad I chose the collectors.. I shall be sure to spend it on GTA:V… :D

@Shrooomie – As far as I understand, we delete the game. Enter the PSN Store, find it in our previous downloads (once it’s back up) & just download it again. No need to search the store or purchase it again.

Any chance of ball park time figure OP?

Hope we get the game soon, just tired of waiting. To be honest im not sure if i want to play the game anymore, lost all interest in it..

Thank you Sony !!!!!!!!!

Musachi86 4 September, 2013 @ 9:50 pm   11

My refund has been processed.. :) I’m assuming it’s probably not long until the digital release gets put back on sale… :D

no need to wait , just buy the bluray version , thats what i did

Taikatalvi 5 September, 2013 @ 12:15 am   13

Thank you! That’s good to hear. :)

It’s back up guys… Check your d/loads… ;)

SGT-ShOoTeM-Up 5 September, 2013 @ 8:20 pm   15

Hey guys soooo what do I do about this then I’m not sure of what
Steps to take after reading this please try be a as brief and simple as possible
Thanks

Are the refunds automatic if we purchased on August 27? Or do we need to send in some sort of refund ticket? Is that done through the ps store?

Wow, this is pathetic!

So, because I pre-ordered the game on disc I get no compensation for the constant errors and lack of connection to the game – and I have been paying for this incompetence.

Way to go!

Jawad Ashraf 6 September, 2013 @ 11:12 am   18

Just a little note on this, affected customers (those whose purchased through PS Store) have been refunded and a voucher automatically applied that entitles you to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. Please enjoy this on behalf of Square Enix :)

Love_Heemo 6 September, 2013 @ 11:35 am   19

excuse me!! for those ppl who wish to play the game when FFXIV coming back to PSN store?

WOW (Jawad Ashraf): So basically “affected customers” are only those who purchased through the PS store.

You are segregating a lot of PS customers, and virtually implying that those of us unfortunate to have pre-ordered and bought the actual disc had NO problems at all!!

So the 18 days since Beta 4 that I continually got 10102, 2002, 90000, 5006, server not responding, and more was just a figment of my imagination?

‘Customer Service’ this is not.

archangel_magus 6 September, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   21

i pre ordered on psn and didnt get a refund whys that cus i preorded the 26th

Where is my refund? I purchased through psn om august 27 and no funds have been added to my wallet. Who do i contact to get this resolved?

@20

agreed

pre-order on disc and because neither Sony or Square-Enix would even acknowledge that there were problems in early access (those that actually pre-ordered the disc) and because of greed (maybe) decided that it would be a good idea to sell even more copies???!!! The server issue and issues with the duty finder working should have been fixed before you even thought about digital sales – so ummm what about us? Us who pre-ordered and issues using the game we purchased. An issue that could have been resolved by the numerous beta testing that occurred. Not to mention that the main problem that prevented users from joining was a broken duty finder.

This is incredibly unfair to your customers who pre-ordered the game – so whats in it for us – free subscription instead of paying?

chikatilotoni 12 September, 2013 @ 10:21 pm   24

has this game been put up on the store yet? can’t find it…

Hey Sony,

I purchased FF XIV on august 27/28 and i haven’t received the refund. Am I suppose to apply for it or fill out a form? tired of not being able to play a game i bought.

gangasmoke1 13 September, 2013 @ 12:46 pm   26

Why are you limiting your selves Sony??? Dont you need to make money based on last years profits? Please step it up and be the company we all know you can be!!!!

zVeLoZiiTYzz- 15 September, 2013 @ 1:56 am   27

The game is still not available on the play station store, how much longer are we going to have to wait my friends would really like to start playing.