Posted 3:02pm

BEYOND: Two Souls demo release date announced

BEYOND_SCREEN12

Today we can reveal that the BEYOND: Two Souls demo will be available from Wednesday 2nd October on PlayStation Store.

The demo will provide a generous trial of the game with two levels included, offering an insight into the extraordinary story that awaits you in roughly a month’s time from now.

The BEYOND: Two Souls demo will feature the following stages from the final game:

• Jodie & Aiden – join a very young Jodie as she takes part in an experiment at the Department of Paranormal Activities. As officials put her abilities to the test, you take charge of a mysterious, invisible entity.
  • Hunted – skip forward a number of years and you need to help Jodie escape the clutches of government agents as the mysterious entity unleashes its truly astonishing powers.

Today we also have the third of our four part ‘Making Of’ series, which reveals the huge undertaking that was the year-long performance capture shoot for BEYOND: Two Souls. Hear from writer/director David Cage and lead actors Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe on the intricacies of the set design, and how performance capture for a video game is so very different to a traditional movie shoot.

Any questions, please just add them below and I’ll reply as soon as I can.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

liamlangan 5 September, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   1

Ohh awesome, didn’t think we’d see a demo, really excited to try this now, could secure me buying the game if the demo is good

dark_angel69 5 September, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   2

This is great! Would love to play this but I do plan on getting the full game so is the demo safe to play and wont reveal too much spoilers or would I be best avoiding it?

Ross Alexander 6 September, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

The demo shouldn’t reveal any big spoilers so I think you’d be safe to play. But that’s just my opinion, totally up to you.

Day one purchasse for me, and I imagine another contender for Game of the Year (or generation). 8-)

Do I play the demo though?

…..oooooh the dilemma. :

* That’s my new word of the day – ‘purchasse’

Yeah I have my copy pre-ordered playing this demo would probably make the wait harder. I am glad you guys are doing this for people on the fence about it. I hope all goes well with the final product. :)

Can’t wait…Heavy Rain is one of my favourite titles of the last years!

Singularity_01 5 September, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   7

will be Beyond two Souls preorder on PSS?

Ross Alexander 6 September, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

No, it’s not currently planned for a digital release at launch but we are looking into doing so at a later stage.

EXCELLENT News :P (i have Pre-ordered it already tho)

Artemisthemp 5 September, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   9

I have my Beyond: Two Souls pre order and looking forward to play it.

I most likely gonna skip Demo not to spoil the story.

So the demo is a week before release? Mixed news, I can’t wait for the game but after the mission video I want to go into the game as blind as possible.

Ross Alexander 6 September, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Yes, a week before release. However there may be further announcements on early access to the demo…..

ThreeWallzz 5 September, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   11

this might be my last ps3 game purchase this year

I’m going to skip the demo as I don’t want anything spoiled, I’ve been on a total media blackout for this game.

I’m not going to play the demo. This (and only this) game is in pre order and I don’t want to spoil it for me.
Just looking forward to this game so much and I’m sure it’s going to be my game of the year!

A Beyond Two Souls Demo?? UGG October why you no come fast enough? grr lol

im going to pass on the demo and just buy the game, dont want to get spoilers or play some level from mid way into the game.

Sweet can’t wait.

Stonesthrow 6 September, 2013 @ 10:01 am   17

Not that I need it, but this might convince some of the infidels :p

First game I have preordered in a very long time. I’m not playing the demo though, no way. I am waiting to have my mind blown in one huge go at release!

Early access for PlaystationPlus :-)?

Could you please release it a week earlier for us who have PlaystationPlus???? Please??

ghost-ninja1 7 September, 2013 @ 8:55 am   21

it looks good the demo will help 2 see what it is like

Really looking forward to giving this a whirl. Im sure it gonna be a blast!

This year has been freaking awesome for hard core gamer …. so many good games and then the next gen consoles.. Just freaking

Thatlinkguy 24 September, 2013 @ 4:40 am   24

I have been counting down the days for the release for too long… I was praying for an earlier demo, but I guess I can wait a little longer. XD Can’t wait for this game, love you Quantic Dream.