Posted 9 September

inFAMOUS: Second Son pre-order bonuses revealed

PlayStation 4 is on the horizon! Many of you will have seen what we got up to at Gamescom and PAX – in fact it was a pleasure to see so many of you there showing your support for Second Son. We were so excited to be able to show you a tease of a brand new power and to reveal a new character in the game.

Launching early next year, the team over at Sucker Punch Productions have lots planned for Second Son over the next few months, so look out for more posts and videos from them.

Speaking of more, we decided to pack in some extra inFAMOUS excitement this month with the announcement of our pre-order offering – check out the new news!

We’re happy to announce these exclusive vests designed by Seattle locals Penny Arcade, the talented team over at iam8bit, San Diego street artist Exist 1981 and artista y disenadora, Jos! The entire set is available exclusively via pre order of inFAMOUS: Second Son at participating shops. Check out the designs in greater detail below…

inFAMOUS Second Son: EXIST VestinFAMOUS Second Son: iam8bit Vest

inFAMOUS Second Son: Penny Arcade VestinFAMOUS Second Son: JOS Vest

These will only be available via pre-order so be sure to get yours in before the game comes out early next year. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more inFAMOUS content and news.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

SpitelordDekka 9 September, 2013 @ 5:15 pm   1

Cancelling my preorder. Don’t want to support those bigots at Penny Arcade in any way, shape or form.

Artemisthemp 9 September, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   2

Please I get all the outfit by pre order from 1 retailer or does I need Multiple copies?

Not preordering then, they all spoil the look of the character, ill wait till its released.

No big limited edition to go with my cole backpack from Infamoose 2?

(yes Infamoose)

Naïf as I am I was hoping these pre order practices where going to be a thing of the past because any fan of a franchise hates this with a passion.
As SpitelordDekka I have cancelled my pre order and await the GOTY or Complete version in a year or so. I wish not to support this consumer unfriendly practices!
Know that I was really looking forward for this game but as with any other major title I won’t support this kind of BS!!!

The colourful one looks nice. Good thing their is no exklusive powers this time around!

wardragon989 9 September, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   7

While some of them are cool (iam8bit and jos) but this doesn’t make me go I must pre-order this. I’m a bit embarrassed to be honest.

Will these vests have an impact on the character’s power or is it just a design change? :-)

MaxDiehard 9 September, 2013 @ 8:20 pm   9

How about you do a collaboration with Insert Coin Clothing and get some real Deslin outfits as preorders.

Well Sony doesn’t look like these are going down well, why not scrap these or just put them all as free download.

Why not make the first dlc free for everyone that registers the game on there account in the first week. If the retailers are demanding exclusive pre order incentives, do some postcards or something dont screw about with game content, literally no one like that.

greekgoddj 9 September, 2013 @ 10:07 pm   11

Nothing “bonus” about a skin… how about a soundtrack or something? Never understood who falls for such silly marketing tricks.

I was thinking about buying PS4 and preorder this game but if these are the only preorder bonuses, I’ll wait.

This could be a crappy Smurf outfit. I will still be buying this game. I am waiting for the Collectors edition details. Hint Hint.

You better up the offers SCEE since this is if not the worst, one of the worst pre-order bonuses ever announced. 4 textures aren’t that special. The vests themselves are still the original but with different paint scheme. Very disappointed for this. No OST or anything special.

VictorAnalogy 10 September, 2013 @ 11:53 am   15

Also cancelling my pre-order. I’ll get it day one. But the Penny Arcade thing… Just can’t support them in good conscience. Sorry guys.

Bacon_Crispies 10 September, 2013 @ 11:57 am   16

The day this comes out is the day I get a PS4, although it looks like there is no need to pre-order, I hate games that cut content out the game and distrubite it among retailers, if i’m paying £40 or however much it will be I expect to get the full game, not 90%.

Hope there is an unlockable Cole outfit though.

wils_69nd_u 10 September, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   17

Very poor pre order bonus, you would think they’d push the boat out for this one but different jackets for your character is just laughable. Where’s the imagination?

N9ne0sBaby 10 September, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   18

Am I the only one that isn’t disappointed? The vest designs look pretty sick! I’m hoping Amazon is one of the participating retailers, as that’s where I’ve pre-ordered the game from. Any confirmation?

In the spirit of constructive criticism I have to add that I agree it’s a pretty poor ‘bonus’. Much rather play the final official design for the character, and really couldn’t care less for different deigns for his vest. As someone said above, it’s oddly a little embarrassing to see this advertised as a bonus.

I have to say I’m not aware of issues people have with Penny Arcade, I pretty much don’t know who they are, but I’m waiting on a special edition after the awesome ‘Hero’ edition of inFamous 2.

I love the work these guys do, but this is a surprisingly weak incentive to preorder.