Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 10:00am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

And so another week of PlayStation Blog activity draws to a close. There’s been plenty to get your teeth into, no? Things started bright an early on Monday morning with our SCE Japan PlayStation press briefing stream, live from Tokyo, and we gathered pace from there, taking in a fascinating early Puppeteer concept video, the launch of the FIFA 14 demo, the Lemmings Touch reveal and some dazzling direct feed DRIVECLUB footage.

Check out the full reading list below, and be sure to come back next week. Among other bits and pieces, we’ll be announcing which games are coming to the PS Plus service in October. No hints I’m afraid, but it’s looking like a cracking month.

And one more thing – if you don’t already do so, make sure you keep an eye on the @PlayStationEU Twitter feed and the PlayStation Instagram account next week for live updates from the Tokyo Game Show. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Playstation EU

• PlayStation games update – Dive into our pick of the latest games available for PS3 and PS Vita, with some unmissable goodies for PlayStation Plus members.
  • Put your hands together for Puppeteer – Peek behind the curtain of the PS3 adventure that’ll leave your head spinning.
  • Game On – Grab the hottest PlayStation news on Watch_Dogs, Dark Souls II and Transistor to fire you up for a fun-filled week.
  • Top Tips: Diablo III – Need some help defeating the dark forces of Diablo III on PlayStation 3? Check out these top tips from game director Josh Mosqueira.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

101 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi :) Fred will PS Vita TV come to Europe also or is it only coming to Japan?

thanks in advance :)

Fred Dutton 17 September, 2013 @ 9:16 am

We’ve nothing to confirm about PS Vita today I’m afraid. When there’s news, we’ll pass it on!

looking forward to Tuesday as gta5 comes out. and i think i not the only one on that front!

EXCELLENT week;) Loved(& can’t stop watching):D the ‘A Day with PlayStation’ Video from the SONY PS Event:P

+ If ‘PSVitaTV’ does ‘PS4′ streaming well & i can play – Uncharted: Golden Abyss & LBP: Vita & Killzone: Mercenaries & Gravity Rush & WipeOut 2048 & TearAway off it on to a Big TV then – I WANT 1 ASAP!:P
(but not sure some of those games can be played off it because of the touch controls, so i will wait & see if they will be patched or whatever. I hope so)

+ Yesterday got a eMail saying – ‘Your “Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)” has been dispatched’:P

Hi Fred, can you tell me if the Playstation Pulse Management App is coming to the Irish (and european) PS Store tuesday to accompany the GTA V mode.

Alright Fred, Is TGS going to be streamed with english subs like the pre-show.

Fred Dutton 17 September, 2013 @ 9:18 am

We’ve no TGS streaming plans this week I’m afraid. Look out for some cool post-show coverage over the next couple of weeks though.

Hi Fred, can you find out SCEE next intention with forced Singstar in XMB:

a) We’ll add a delete option in next FW.
b) We’ll move this instaler from XMB to PSN Store soon, like in US
c) We’ll keep forced Singstar in XMB forever, because we can and have no interest in loyal customers, who hates it.

In few weeks it will be 1 year from when SCEE impudently invaded our personal space in XMB with this forced, undeletable Singstar thing. It will be 1 year of enduring SCEE silence or uselless arogant PR answers about this. Will it ever change? Is it hard to understand that delete option (!!!) won’t harm customers who appreciates Singstar in their XMB, but make happy people who hates it?

I know i’m annoying, but not that much as that Singstar thing. And “we’ll pass to relavant teams” answer from customer support doesn’t help me at all.

supersmith2500 15 September, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   7

No hints for Plus? But I think however it might be one of those that could hit Game of the Month:

Tomb Raider (most likely)
FarCry 3 (maybe or maybe not)
Borderlands 2 (maybe)
DmC (could be this since it’s was rumored on the August update)
Street Fighter X Tekken (highly doubt)
Journey (Why is this game not on Plus yet?)

And for Vita:
Gaucamelee! (highly likely)
Superfrog HD (could be)
Street Fighter X Tekken (don’t think it’s that game)
Sound Shapes (don’t think it’s that too)
Hotline Miami (another highly likely game)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (could be or not)
Persona 4 Golden (don’t that game will come to Plus though)

As long as there some awesome titles next month that would be great.

Borderlands 2, Journey and or even a LEGO game and Sound Shapes and any great console quality racing game for Vita would make an awesome line-up. And Fred, I think you got me excited now. =P

dark_angel69 15 September, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   8

I’m having a problem with my trophies and need help. First of all I was invited one day to join the Ridge Racer Driftopia beta. When I started up the game, it installed a handful of trophies. Ever since then my trophy list has been sync itself over and over again when I haven’t earned any new ones. I go in to view my trophies, it sync then I quit, go back into the trophies and it repeats.

It is set to offline mode. I’ve played a few games since then including Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and when it sync it works fine by uploading them online. But Ridge Racer trophies wont upload at all therefore it keeps sync itself. It goes all the way up to 100% as if it done the job only it never goes online.

It’s not view-able when I change it to online mode or even looked on the vita or compared trophies with someone else. I need it to be offline so it doesn’t sync all the time but this is really annoying cos it does sync all the time because of this one game. How do I remove that trophy list? I don’t want it there especially with it doing all them sync. I want to be able to view my trophies without that happening every time. What can I do to fix this? It is doing my head in.

Fred Dutton 17 September, 2013 @ 9:19 am

Alas, this isn’t something I can help you with :(

Our customer service team (see button in right hand menu) will be able to investigate though!

Nightmare966 15 September, 2013 @ 12:43 pm   9

@dark_angel69: If you’re playing anything else besides Ridge Racer, note that every single time you play another game the Trophy List requires a sync, earned a trophy or not.

declan__watson 15 September, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   10

Hello everyone :)
Hi Fred, hope your having a nice weekend, I woke up this morning and realised its sunday, wish weekends last forever ;)
I’ve been busy playing my original Harry Potter and the philosophers stone from PSone on my PS3, amazing how graphics engines have turned out today, I still remember those tiny 30 bit graphics that the Compact Disc brought to gaming
Many are excited about GTA V and it will be a phonominal experiance only on PlayStation as Mr Jack Tretton said at E3 in June and like what Number 4 said I too would love to see the Pulse Stereo Headset manager app in Europe. I got my pulse headset beggining of last month and as my experiance with Sony Headphones and Sony Headsets over the years this is the best headset in the world because it allows you
to emerse yourself in games that extra step and enjoy your favourite music/films in that perfect way and BassImpact is amazing I love it :) and would love to use The Last of Us Pre-set while following Joel and Ellies epic adventure and yes also emerse myself in GTA V too. ;) :)

declan__watson 15 September, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   11

Im getting sick of these Singstar icon haters, this is why Sony has given us it;
It’s Free, they gave us it as a free and loyal thing, it’s not a crysis, I have friends who have talked to me about it but this is what they said “They’ve given me a Free game which is nice but im not really into Music but I aint complaining” it’s a thing there doing to try and get more people involved, I tried it once and I was ok with it but im not a singer myself but I aint complaining, I think its a nice thing so if you dont like it then just leave it its meant to be as a free and loyal gift.

Plus announcement once more? Darn, time really flies by.
I’d really appreciate if you’d create some buzz about those reveals though. Ross used to post some images as riddles for example. Simply some stuff to speculate upon, as that’s half the fun for many. ;)

dark_angel69 15 September, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   13

@Nightmare966
Yeah I know but I never had that problem before I downloaded Ridge Racer. I don’t even play it. Was just the one time I tried it. But for every game I’ve played after Ridge Racer, they sync just fine. Only Ridge Racer can’t be viewed in my trophy list (from your PS3 or even my own Vita) because it’s not going into the server. It’s like it’s trying to sync but failing to do so even tho it says it reached 100%. Never had that problem before that game.

Even if I don’t play a game, I check my trophy list but first it sync. Then I quit after the sync is done. If I go back into the trophy list again straight away it does the same thing and repeats. No-matter how many times I check the trophy list, it always sync before I can even view them. That’s not something that should happen when set to offline mode.

@dark_angel69
Did you achieve any trophy in Ridge Racer? Perhaps that would fix it for you. No clue otherwise, never experienced something like that.

@11 declan_Watson I agree with you its a freebie why complain, just ignore the icon if you don’t like it. Looking forward to next week to see what new news comes from Tokyo.

dark_angel69 15 September, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   16

@Golwar
Nope didn’t try for any of them. Was just a one time game I played but never completed it. Don’t quite see that making a difference because the game isn’t even released yet so maybe it’s due to that or something. I’m considering deleting my account and then set it up again if that would make a difference but would like someone to confirm it first.

roll on Tuesday GTA 5 special edition gettin delivered

AmorousBadger1 15 September, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   18

When’s the October PS+ announcement coming?

declan__watson 15 September, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   19

@18
Near the end week of September ;)

AmorousBadger1 15 September, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   20

Also: what these Singstar icons that everyone keeps banging on about? I don’t think I’ve EVER seen them.

Hey Fred,

Quick question: Is Guerrilla/Cambridge Studios planning to release any DLC for Killzone Mercenary?

I know it’s directly out of your area, but I thought you might tease on anything in the news pipeline about it.

Thanks.

When does Visualizer (the breakaway non-interactive version of PixelJunk’s 4AM) get released over here?

been playing lots of indi games on the vita the last few days.
finally gave thomas was alone a shot and its great love the narration to add story to the title.
also been enjoying velocity ultra which has blown away my expectations and i cant wait for the next one to come along.

just like everyone else i think next week will be 100% gta but i think im going to try to blast my way through it(dont care about plat) in time for disgaea d2 which is out shortly because im planning to spend lots of time grinding that.

here is my crazy not gonna happen plus predictions.
ps3

game moth the month borderlands 2 with a sale on the dlc.
dmc
Guacamelee

vita
lego batman 2(vita version)
monsters deluxe hd (i want this :) )

enjoy the rest of the weekend guys

Why are Evolution so quiet about the content in Driveclub? I’m not talking about frame rate or resolution, how many cars do you race against in the single player game? 2, 3, 5, 10 etc? How many car models, how many tracks? They’ve given a lot of interviews but haven’t given a lot of detail. Doesn’t look good does it.

Singstar is NOT a free game, it’s a FORCED DEMO. You have to buy songs. Give it a try to learn the difference. If you could it into folder like any other demo/game or delete it, fine, but being forced to see it everytime I open my PS3 or change disc – !!!

*sigh* I’m getting tired of whole thing. There’s a good reason why this never happened overseas – if this happened in US, they would had to act. Now SCEE just ignores us until whole thing is forgiven by masses.

On topic: Playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Had forgotten how awful the camera was! :D Well, it didn’t stop me back then having fun, neither will now. Hopefully we get KH HD 2.5 ReMIX on PS3 too, to keep us busy while waiting for KH3. ;)

Hexahedronaut 15 September, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   26

So I’ve been following a kickstarter game called HYPER LIGHT DRIFTER I highly highly recommend you guys check it out! But the best part is if it hits $220,000 it’ll be released for ps4 + ps vita it’s at $157,000 with 27 days to go :)

i have also been watching that fantastic art style a bit like sword and sworcery, its going to make its strech goals no prob.

KILLERGAMER49 15 September, 2013 @ 7:21 pm   28

“Cracking month”! Calling it now, R&C Crack in Time for plus in October.

Grey__Ghost67 15 September, 2013 @ 9:19 pm   29

For all the New Zealanders out there, Hotline Miami is finally on our store! I purchased it last night for $15 and its cross buy! Freaking awesome game.

Project2insanity 15 September, 2013 @ 11:51 pm   30

@dark_angel69; I know what you mean. I had the same happen after playing Driftopia. To be honest, I was surprised there were trophies- first beta I’ve played that has them. I suspect it’ll be sorted when it’s actually released ’cause the icons don’t show against your profile (I guess you could say they’re beta-testing the trophies).

hello Fred Dutton
after downlooading gta v i want to instal
but give me error code 80029564 ath 14%
very big tank u to waist 18 gb !!!!
try to re instal but not hapy .

declan__watson

free ???? then them need to give al songs free to ( then i wil not complain )
+ them need to make like you tube – film zone ap game
if u like u buy
same whith ps4 : them force the game ( room ) on mi ps4 = i wil never play + i eyecamera i wanted to buy (but when them force tings on mi console i not like ) = i not buy .

declan__watson 16 September, 2013 @ 7:38 am   33

@monoliet #32
They are releasing special edition PlayStation 4s at launch, one with KillZone: Shadow Fall and then early 2014 they will release a inFAMOUS: Second Son one and maybe Watch_Dogs/Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag too. ;)
As for the Room, it’s pre-installed with mini games so users whether be Adults or Kids who wanna have fun can sit down and get used to the PS4s new Touch Pad so there’s no concerns. :)
Have a nice day, hope this helped ;)

u stil not get ith
= stupid room = taking space i do not need !!!!! , i want to buy eye camera but i wil not buy enimore .
singstar = i not need = i do never want eny singstar / dance games why =
spam usage.
singstar
room
you tube
psn store
netflix
twitter
…..
need to be optionel aps we can instal wen i ore other consumers want ith .

asdfghj1234567as 16 September, 2013 @ 8:45 am   35

guys what is going wit R&C Gladiator?? I live n greece and nothing yet please answer!!!!

Fred Dutton 17 September, 2013 @ 9:23 am

I know I say this every week, but it’s really, really close! I’ll hopefully have a date for you in the next week or two.

dark_angel69 16 September, 2013 @ 9:22 am   36

@ Project2insanity
So happened to you too then? Glad it wasn’t just me cos then they would need to do something to fix that. Was the first beta I ever had to have trophies too and I’ve played A LOT of betas. Now I feel I need to be careful with future betas in-case something like that happened again. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution soon to fix it.

@Monoliet: They arent forcing things on your console, Sony is using their console to advertise stuff they want to advertise. You can always pass on the PS4 if it annoys you that much, deciding for Sony what they can use their own platform for isnt an option though.

WizzNL
advertising = i have no problem = income ( +ith comes en go away after a time )
their platform = jes
but noth their console = i buy mi console ( i want to customise mi console )
aps ore extra like singstar – room are somting i not ask + i wil never play

i wil not pas on ps3/ps4 =reason good games
bad tings i hate =
-psn store
-forcing tings ( spam on u console= —– )i realy hate + boycot next games from sony like infamous + eyecamera to begin whith

please advertise to singstar other games muziek films …. in richt ore left upper site of screen = +++++ !!!!
but give option like you tube ( optional )

= why i like vita
u trow unwanted icone somwhere u do not see them ;)

if them want a squire to advertising = them can do

but icones on xmb = make the consumers make howh them like, like on vita .

WizzNL

you buy car

i am the company of the car
u like blue like color then i desite after 1….jears every car go to green , u gone like ?

Buying a console doesnt mean you own the brand or decide what a company should or shouldnt do. The ads or Singstar icon is on XBM, you own or bought that also? And if you would sell me a car and decide to change the colour i simply just sell the car or stop supporting your company,

WizzNL

= same them sel console , i buy console them not need to change tings after we buy like singstar

if them make app option =
peopel who want download
peopel who not want dont
forcing somting = criminale

i understend if u like = u want game
but i not !

bring out u room in the psn store ore aplications – ap setting ( free )then 0 problems
if them want complains entire life span of ps4 = i wil do ( same like sing star ).

@WizzNL

spot on mate.

as a consumer you have the power to choose, if you are not happy with a console and its supporting software (which may include advertising for there other products) then don’t buy it.

way up the good and the bad, to be honest if your only issue with a console is forced icons and you still enjoy the rest of the console experience then just move on and don’t dwell on it, if you cant do that then maybe its time to find another hobby.

just to point out, the wii had forced channels, the xbox 360 has advertisements on every page of there dashboard, steam has adverts, mobile devices have ads put simply you will struggle to find any platform that does not carry out a similar kind of practice.

people come on here and claim that the singstar icon actually lessens there enjoyment of the console, WHY do you sit and stare at it for ages? are you not aware that if you press the directional pad 1 time in any direction its no longer going to play the music or show you the 2 singers, if you do click it by mistake it takes less than 15 seconds to press the ps button and quit the app.
it in no way diminishes your gaming experience unless you make it an issue.

beter point
u have 500 gb ps4
i am sony – i make desision to ad loths of new stuf u not like =400 gb , u gone be happy to be left whith 100 gb ?

@monoliet

its not criminal its there software and hardware that you use as sony intend, sony set the rules and hardware and software limitations.

why do you think you can be cut off psn for messing around with your console, its because your using the machine differently from how sony intended.
lets face it if sony decided that everyone who registered as male had a blue background and females had a pink there would be nothing you could do about it.
Again its there software in the box and they can add to it or take away form it if they want.

hayzink

jes , but in de first place ith not need to be on de xmb ( in bad case place room- singstar under ap ore extra menu on xmb but not under games )

i wil never ever ever play stupid game like sing joke ore room = waist of mi time + SPACE OF MI HD on mi ps3/ps4

hayzink
i always buy mi games
never sel them
+ i never mis using sony console + thrust

but i not agry on policy of sony
why = them not respect mi console + mi console xmb – + change evereting when them like = them not respecting dates remove other os …..

them have done ( keep mi hearth to the future )great jobe on vita +++

Carnivius_Prime 16 September, 2013 @ 12:50 pm   48

Does every game these days need a clichéd, boring, time wasting STORY in it now? God… I just wanna play the damn thing… And often having to sit through five minute long unskippable intros just to find the gameplay sucks. I’m finding myself playing more and more 80′s and 90′s titles than modern ones. More gameplay, less movies thanks…

Not really relevant to any particular topic but I’m just really sick of it all….

1st: I never played any Singstar game so i dont like those games, it doesnt annoy me either and i have never been forced to play Singstar.
2nd: Sony doesnt force anything, its you that tries to force something. You dont own the PlayStation brand though. Also its you that decides to get a PlayStation as well as its you that decides to keep supporting the company or to keep the console. Besides that its Sony’s brand so they can decide what to do with it. Dont like that, dont get a PlayStation. Simple as that.

Carnivius_Prime 16 September, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   50

I like Singstar though would prefer the icon be moved. Also would really like an option to disable all music from game icons as it’s very irritating, even Uncharted 3′s short little pieces annoys me when my PS3 turns on and I often find myself pressing left or right as soon as the XMB appears just to avoid it.

Load all