Posted 11 October

PlayStation Plus in November: Metal Gear Rising, Remember Me, more

Lead image Revengeance

Hi everyone! It’s that time again where I have the pleasure of announcing the upcoming goodies coming your way courtesy of PlayStation Plus. We have a couple of huge PS3 games this month as well as two PS Vita classics to keep you entertained as the nights start to draw in!

New PlayStation 3 games:
First up this November we have Konami’s masterpiece Metal Solid Rising: Revengeance. Set four years the events of Metal Gear Rising 4: Guns of the Patriots, you must take up the role of Raiden, a cyborg who confronts the private military company Desperado Enforcement. Developed by the crack team at Platinum Games, this is one of the wildest, most entertaining pure action titles of this console generation.

Next, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Capcom for a title I’m personally very excited about: Remember Me.

The setting is Neo-Paris, 2084. Personal memories are now digitised, bought, sold and traded. You take on the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people’s minds and steal or even alter their memories. After her escape from prison, Nilin embarks on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend.

New PS Vita games:
First up for PS Vita we have the beautiful Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath. In this HD re-invention of the Oddworld Inhabitants classic, you take on the role of a bounty hunter who tracks Oddworld criminals in an attempt to raise money for an unexplained surgery that he needs to survive. Don’t miss out on this one – you’re in for a treat.

And last but certainly not least, MotorStorm RC. Featuring high-speed radio-controlled car racing through visually stunning micro-versions of all four MotorStorm worlds, RC comes loaded with content. See you online.

As usual our PS Plus members will also get some great discounts over the next few weeks so make sure you keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for regular updates, including some huge savings on Street Fighter X Tekken DLC, Worms Crazy Golf and Alien Breed.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99/€49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

431 Comments 27 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisboers 11 October, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   1

Erm.. Where is the third PS3 game?

Chris Howe 11 October, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”

cognac-vsop 11 October, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   2

Metal Gear Rising!!! DAMN!! I LOVE YOU!

Storm-Iz-SiK 11 October, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   3

RULES OF NATURE

.. but I have so much to play yet..

Holy crap Chris. Thats amazing. Metal Gear Rising alone wins. Maybe discount for dlc aswell?!
Always wanted to try Remember Me, so good stuff! Another great month!

Xbox live gold EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

andrewsqual 11 October, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   7

Was just about to ask this too Chris. Is this something to do with you guys getting ready for PS4 so it will be 2 PS3 games that you get a month now? Not that I am complaining or anything, the 2 games for PS3 are still very new. :)
But can we expect it to be 2 PS3 games a month now with PS4 coming. Please clarify this for us as the world is going to have its eyes on this blog post the next 6 hours.

Holy [DELETED]! That MGS in Collection is awsm!

BigBoyBanksy 11 October, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   9

Only 4 games, is this a clue that Uncharted and Gravity Rush will be replaced within the next month and they will take up the other slots for this month???

lucielovesyou 11 October, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   10

Muy buen juego MGRR gracias sony ;)

bravo9zero 11 October, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   11

So the next PS+ update for December will have PS4 content? :D
Is Driveclub still free on PS+ for PS4 on day 1?

SuperJay182 11 October, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   12

awesome update.. Only 2 ps3 titles? I suspect an other announcement due ;) as well as vita yearly titles

ShadowDoGGG 11 October, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   13

As long as they are fairly recent games like these, I don’t mind having 2 ps3 games.

Is MotorStorm RC cross-buy with PS3? Also, is that the Complete Edition with all DLC? They’re no longer sold separately.

Chris Howe 11 October, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

Yes MotorStorm RC is Crossbuy, not the complete edition though, we may be able to arrange a discount on the DLC though, watch this space!

Ah good selection, been meaning to try Remember Me so that’s good! Played Revengeance on the xbox and that will be good to play through again :)
And Oddworld on the Vita, that is going to be fun!

2 PS3 games? PS4 is coming in November…
I don’t complain.. its a great month for PS Plus anyway :)

Dilemma__ 11 October, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   17

Any word on the 2 games replacing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush for the annual refresh?

good games, wasnt expecting to know this so soon XD
awesome
is it ok to ask if you guys could get Atelier Meruru for Sale this year’s Christmas Sales? pleeaaaase that would be so awesome! although if you got it on sale sooner i’d totally jump on that sale.
Thanks guys

legionari 11 October, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   19

Already got Strangers Wrath and MotorStorm RC, but glad we getting MSG and Remember me both games i never got but was interested in.

Could the slightly fewer titles be the result of the PS4 coming out next month (albeit at the end)?

Awesome update, though wheres the 3rd game ?

Anyway, is there any chance we’ll be seeing Max Payne 3 either on discount or entering PS+ ?

JammieDodgerz 11 October, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   21

Great line up once again. I think there’s only 2 PS3 titles is because Remember Me and Metal Gear Rising are such new games, I swear there not even a year old yet and it’s amazing. I’m happy!

centricbyte 11 October, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   22

Interesting, I assumed that since Uncharted and Gravity Rush are being removed from PS+ this month that we’d see replacements, is that not how it works? Sorry, I’m new to PS+.

All in all, some good games, especially for the PS3! Would still love to see Gravity rush DLC discounts though! :P

Are people really complaining that there’s “only” two PS3 games? We’re lucky to even get one, plus there’s Driveclub once PS4 is out.

I think my jaw just fell off O:. Amazing selections of games this month!

centricbyte 11 October, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   25

@rutea7 I second that request, a sale for Atelier Meruru would be a dream come true. Though it’s a really new game so wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see a discount for a while.

PsychoDantis 11 October, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   26

Any chance we’ll get a sale for Rising DLC?

Natscookie 11 October, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   27

Already have MGR, Remember Me is average at best, Stranger’s Wrath will be useless for those who had both a PS3 and PS+ when the PS3 version went up, so there’s only Motorstorm RC for me… Oh wait I don’t have a VITA. Not to mention one less PS3 game.

I’d wager the latter point is in preparation for the PS4 free content, but still, pretty crappy month for me.

EXCELLENT Stuff(even tho i am not a PS Plus’er yet) :D Not really got time to be really(to many games to play on the PS3) but will be when the PS4 comes out tho ;)

Remember Motorstorm RC is cross-buy so we do get 3 PS3 titles.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 11 October, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   30

Not really a complaint as the quality is retained, but I am a little concerned about the missing PS3 game. Not everybody will be able to get a PS4 at launch so I don’t think that makes up for it. Even though quality should come before quantity, I feel the latter offers more variety in game genre.

irish-sid 11 October, 2013 @ 12:23 pm   31

Holy crap! Amazing update! Thanks very much!

The 3rd ps3 title?

when will uncharted golden abyss and gravity rush be changed ?

Nice month. Already have Rising(excellent, excellent game) but I’m very excited to play Remember Me. I’m getting a pretty good Vita backlog with all these games!

Been toying with the idea of getting Remember Me despite the mediocre reviews because I like the general idea of the story, so this will save some deliberation :) Do you need to know all the torturous MGS back story to understand Rising? I’ve never been a fan of the core series, but I love Platinum Games in general so may have to give it a bash!

Wow amazing update for my birthday month!
Remember Me isn’t even an old game!
Already played MGRR but will happily jump in again!

Also is Oddworld cross buy? Already have it on Vita but no PS3 iirc.

BartsBlue 11 October, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   36

Absolutely brilliant! Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is a game that everyone should play, and Remember Me is intriguing. My only problem is finding time to play all these games!

BigBoyBanksy 11 October, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   37

@tycho2 #33 I too want to know if I need to have played any other Metal Gear games to get the most out of Rising? Never played a MGS game but I like the concept of Rising and think I might enjoy it as a stand alone game.

DoctorSalvador 11 October, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   38

Any chance of Rising’s DLC going on sale?

Gav666999 11 October, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   39

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes :)

Killer_Nads 11 October, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   40

Oh man i already own all those games :( Really wish there was a better option for the two vita games.

Cant you include more indie games that we may all not have such as corpse party, persona titles, escape plan, guacamelee, sound shapes, Virtue’s Last Reward, super stardust…etc.

Chris Howe 11 October, 2013 @ 12:46 pm

We already had Virtues Last Reward in Plus a couple of months ago and at least two of those are planned to come up at some point so watch this space!

We also have some cracking titles for your PSP/ PS VITA lined up for the future months so don’t fear if these are not your cup of tea

TheVolloxx- 11 October, 2013 @ 12:31 pm   41

Remember Me :D ! Awesome have wanted to buy it since it came out , guess now i don’t have to .

@centricbyte that’s why a christmas sale would be apropriate timing. i dont want to see old games on christmas sale, that would be lame XD i already have savings for the christmas sale this year so it better be worth it.

@36 BigBoyBanksy

MGR is a game for itself. You dont need to have played any previous MGS games to understand it :)

Wow continues to get better and better and better!

What with this and the PS4 launch at the end of November, great times ahead! :)

The 2 PS3 games are nice. But where is the third one?

The Vita games are insanely disappointing. RC Motorstorm has been given away for free on several occassions already, for some mistakes SCEE did.

And Stranger’s Wrath? We already had the very same game in the IGC already, in the PS3 version. Right?

And where are the 2 next yearly PSV games?

So one missing PS3 game, 2 missing PSV games, 1 throw away game and 1 game we already had.

NOT SATISFIED!

Just saved me from buying MGR:R sweet and sweet Remember Me that was an epic game can finally get back to platinum it as my friend borrowed my copy :(

Tagged_Deaf 11 October, 2013 @ 12:35 pm   47

Man, nearly bought Remember Me game recently and I’m GLAD that I managed to avoid doing it.

Already owned MGS Rising and Oddworld but Remember Me is more then enough for me this time.

Great update!

Awesome update.

Thank you very much.

wow, I’m speechless, kudos to you and your team.

LockedAndClush 11 October, 2013 @ 12:38 pm   50

Even though I already have MGR (collector’s edition and all DLCs :D), I’m extremely happy to see it in PS+. Game of the year so far for me (yes, I played GTAV, and loved it, but still, MGR’s on top :P). Pitty I don’t care for Remember Me, but meh, win some, lose some, still got about 20 other PS+ games to finish.

Load all