Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

Celebrate the #BestofGT all this week

Earlier this year we marked the Gran Turismo series’ 15th year on the track with the announcement of a brand new entry in Polyphony Digital‘s acclaimed racing franchise. And now, with Gran Turismo 6 getting ready to leave the garage, we want to round off the celebrations by calling on you, the GT faithful, to help us put together a brand new video showcasing the games’ stunning heritage.

Every day this week we’ll be talking about one game in the series. We’d like you to pick one outstanding memory from each game – whether it be a favourite track, car or race – and let us know either here on PlayStation Blog, or on Facebook, our forums, or Twitter, using the #BestofGT hashtag. At the end of the week, we’ll then capture these moments in-game and collate them in a single video, giving a shout-out to all those whose suggestions were picked.

So, without further ado, let’s kick things off with the original GT. Launching way back in May 1998 on PS1, it set a new standard for realism in racing games, gripping gamers the world over, shifting over 10 million copies and kickstarting what would become one of our most enduring franchises. What’s your stand-out moment from the game? Let us know below, and check out the new GT6 trailer above!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

11 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
andrewsqual 14 October, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   1

The Chemical Brothers song remix of that Manic Street Preachers song in the opening video and of course the pace and slow build up of the video itself. So memorable. Would be amazing if yous could do an homage to that :)

Also the Autumn Ring Mini track because it was the first track I raced in the first Sunday Cup. The fact that it features in GT6 too with extra geographical features like that beautiful lake on your left at the final stretch is breathtaking.

Hope this means were getting some proper details soon.

While getting tracks and stuff is nice there’s still so much we’ve not seen. The track editor,updated standards, changes to career mode, sounds, the “several thousand aerodynamic parts”. It’s as if it’s not coming out.

Despite getting PS4 at launch I’m still interested in GT6. But the lack of details has made me consider skipping this and putting that cash towards a new TV.

It’s looks ASTONISHING :P :P :P & it looks better than any Next-Gen racer i have seen(the Videos of) so far?!?! AMAZING Stuff PD & SONY ;)

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 14 October, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   4

Back then I found the Licence Tests to be extremely challenging, which locked me out of a fair portion of the game due to A-4. I was gobsmacked when I did finally complete it… with a Silver medal, no less.

For some reason racing the Sunday Cup over and over again never got old, as I was determined to grab one of the special models which cost 500,000 Credits. I went for the Subaru Impreza… because it was blue (and awesome). :P

trickydisko 14 October, 2013 @ 6:24 pm   5

TVR Cerbera LM, Trial Mountain. Cornered like it was on rails, best in the first half of the lap.

FatalExpert 14 October, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   6

Most likely the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex.

At the time I had more interest in the Dodge Viper and TVRs but as the series has progressed so has my taste in cars…they’d be closer to the middleground now where as the Trueno Sprinter is a cult car that most GT heads would pick up the moment it hits the dealership imo.

rowlystravel 15 October, 2013 @ 10:22 am   7

First time I maxed out a supra. It was ridiculous

Filip_Ovik 15 October, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   8

I want to share a video where I’m doing my best overtake ever in Gran Turismo 5: http://youtu.be/prgwOMN0wMY?t=1m14s The overtake takes place at the famous Nordschleife in my own online lobby with full room, enjoy!

GT2 pitstop disc, rub it and you got a smell of the pits, fantastic.. and mine still does too!

#BestOfGT

My introduction to the Gran Turismo series began back in 2001.
Launching Gran Turismo 3 on my new shiny PlayStation 2 felt rush of overwhelmed excitement discovering for myself excellent graphics, countless number of cars and track, and, of course…obsessively road realistic car physics!
Tears streamed down my face when Gran Turismo 4 was finally released (I am totally serious :smileyhappy:, it happened when I was watching the intro to this amazing game).
This new found passion for Gram Turismo has opened in my eyes and made me fall in love with the cars, and specifically, motor racing in this very tight-knit Community for the rest of my life!

Looking forward to Gran Turismo 6, and a huge thank you to Kazunori Yamauchi and the entire Polyphony Digital Team!

#BestOfGT

My introduction to the Gran Turismo series began back in 2001.
Tears streamed down my face when Gran Turismo 4 was finally released (I am totally serious, it happened when I was watching the intro to this amazing game).