Posted 2:41pm

PlayStation Store update: The Wolf Among Us, Muramasa Rebirth, more

TellTaleGames are at it once more with an all new episodic series based on the Fables comic book series (from DC Comic/Vertigo). The Wolf Among UsFaith is the first of a five part series from the same team that gave us The Walking Dead. You won’t need to have read the comic as the game precedes the events in the first issue. So jump straight into a new game where your choices will affect the story.

Vanillaware. It may not be a name many know, but you should definitely be able to identify their games. Last Friday saw the release of Dragon’s Crown (developed by Vanillaware, of course) and this week there’s another drop dead gorgeous treat in Muramasa Rebirth. Muramasa is a 2D sidescrolling action RPG with gorgeous hand drawn artwork that really stands out on the Vita’s screen.

Check the rest of this week’s line-up below, as well the Cross-Buy and Horror sales that begin today.

New PlayStation Network content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PS3 games

Dead-Nation_bundle-thumb_1024_THUMBIMG
Dead Nation + Road Of Devastation
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 18

Sanctum
Sanctum 2 (Trial available)
Price: £11.99/€14.99

Availability: Not available in Russia

Dragon’s Crown

Prices: £1.59/€1.99
Availability: Not available in Russia

F1 2013

Prices: £6.49/€7.99

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy) (Monday 14th Oct)

Prices: £0.79/€0.99

Pac-Man CE DX+

Prices: £6.49/€7.99

Payday 2

Prices: £3.99/€4.99

Star Wars Pinball (Zen Pinball 2)

Prices: £9.99/€7.99

The Last Of Us

Prices: £7.99/€9.99

PS Vita DLC

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy) (Monday 14th Oct)

Prices: £0.79/€0.99

Star Wars Pinball (Zen Pinball 2)

Prices: £9.99/€7.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

115 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

OO Muramasa!! When will we get Dragon Crown?

Fred Dutton 16 October, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

Ah, Dragon’s Crown should already be on the Store. I search should do the trick.

Folks, Jawad is out of the office, so apologies if we can’t answer many questions today. I’ll do my best to fill in where possible.

I was really hoping when i saw Dead Nation it would also be for Vita. I love that game so much.

How much for Angry bir… I can’t be bothered. Its been done before

How come Germany gets the first episode of The Wolf Among Us but doesn’t get the Season Pass? Do they fear that some of the future episodes might not be available on the German store?

That Killzone Art Book not available to download on PS3?

Dragon’s Crown is already in store, I guess I missed the announcement, but it’s great that we got Muramasa !!!

Regarding the Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC, I cannot find the full Halloween bundle pack in the store. There should also be a bundle for the Ultimate Sexy costumes, which isn’t there either. Please fix this because I do not want to buy them individually.

nitefighter 16 October, 2013 @ 2:48 pm   7

any idea when ‘how to survive’ will be released on psn

Can we get some confirmation of how the secondary console works with PS4 digital titles.

Sounds like you need to sign into the purchasing account to run the software on a secondary console. In a household that requires two systems this wont be acceptable.

If it’s like PS3 is now, I’ll buy digital games (Indie, retail)
If not, I buy no digital games on the system.

is muramasa getting a physical release? literally have no space left on the 16gb memory card

Tranquil-Fury 16 October, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   10

£9.99 for Star Wars Pinball DLC?

Is that right?

Also The Wolf among us season pass,
how often are they releasing episodes, one a month or will it be like the walking dead with one every month or so, often later than other regions get their version?

Nightmare966 16 October, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   11

Gotta grab dat Fiend Rachel. Also, I see you’ve swapped Avatars! Is this one from the Store? :D

Video removed by USER… and why?

Could you please give us any kind of inormtation about the release of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + ? It’s on out everywhere else, except for PAL psn. Did it get quietly cancelled like Counter Strike probably did?

Hutchfull 16 October, 2013 @ 2:55 pm   14

also any news on guilty gear accent core plus r

I3loodthirsty 16 October, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   15

How come the us store got some ps4 games for pre order and we dont, one of them is warframe the free to play game and if you pre order it (for free) you get a bonus dlc pack free

Glad to see we finally got DOA 5 sexy costumes but are they available in a complete set

Hows_It_Feel 16 October, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   17

$40 for angry birds thats a joke/error right ?

SCEE screws up same as always. No DOA5 sexy costumes DLC bundle. So, either we wait (AGAIN) for you to decide to give one. Or instead of waiting and buying the bundle @ £9.99, we buy all the items individually @ £19.08 !!! BTW it would also be nice if you put the DLC under Ultimate and not just Core, which is difficult to find since the search funtion can never see it. Oh and BTW i still havnt received my redeem code for R&C Gladiator.

pinkplaybunny 16 October, 2013 @ 2:59 pm   19

Yeah when do we get to pre order the ps4 games? I need a new one now that Watch dogs has been delayed!.

Nice PSN plus discount on Dragon crown by the way if people haven’t noticed.

Bacon_Crispies 16 October, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   20

Muramasa Rebirth out at last and at £20 (compared to £30+ on Amazon)

You’ve got yourself a sale.

Hi Jawad, i have a problem with the Resistance 3 DLC.

If i visit the Playstation Store from a browser on PC, i can’t open the page with the DLC (if i click on “Resistance 3 (PSN)” nothing happens), and if i visit it from the PS3, i can only see the two buyable addons: Brutality and Survival. However, there’s supposed to be a bundle with the old content for the Special Edition, released for free: it includes a new weapon, two skins, among other things. I can’t download them. There’s no button to press. Could you please look at the issue? European store of course, the stuff is available in the US store, again for free, but i need it for the EU version.

And now with the other problem i’ve been trying to report for WEEKS but nobody ever helped me: i bought “Saints Row 2 Ultimate Edition” when it was on sale. However, there are no game updates for this game, even if they’re required for the DLC and i got a popup message in the game about that. So, what happened to the game update? I’ve tried reporting to the devs but they told me only Sony could help me. Meh.

dividsmythe 16 October, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   22

Lol at angry birds price. There free on android.

Do you know if there is any chance of the new cabelas game getting released over here?

I also wonder why there is no season pass in Germany for “The Wolf among us”. Steam offers it in Germany, so do other PC stores. Is that a case of “Lex Playstation”?

Lord_Gremlin 16 October, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   25

Hey Jawad – about Dragon’s Crown not being available in Russia – can you maybe relay to NIS that they can just release it as 18+ – their “rating” problem solved. You don’t have to submit 18+ stuff anywhere here at all because there’s no restrictions (unlike PEGI).
Good that Muramasa is available I’ll buy it later though, after DLC is out. I’ve spent good 60-70 hours with my US imported copy, really good game.
And what about Atelier Meruru Plus?

Really? I cant buy those new and late DOA5U costumes-dlc with bundle? Or are bundles still coming today, or do we have to wait them another month? Or am I just blind? Even DOA5U website advertises for example Ultimate Sexy Costumes bundle price for 14,99€. Now, we have buy each of them individually and price after that would be 27,30€. See the difference?

Im sorry, im happy that they actually arrived into EU stores, but right now its just waste of money, beside Ultimate Sexy Costumes being almost 1,5 month late in EU store. I would have expected at least some kind of discount for a short time.

Angry Birds pricing is ridiculous, someone’s screwed up surely?!?

I see video is back up and running now :)

voldemarove 16 October, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   29

The Wolf Among Us! Not available in Russia! Very bad news. I disappointed.

Only Angry Birds for me. Nothing else is enough value for money. [No, I'm not serious.]

TINTINTB303 16 October, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   31

Metro: Last Light story DLC. Is it out today on the PS Store? How much is it??

Cheers :-)

I3loodthirsty 16 October, 2013 @ 3:11 pm   32

@tintin yup it was on lastnight its 3,99

PHEEliNUX 16 October, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   33

Expected maybe something like Disgaea D2 DLC, I guess not
Nothing for me this update

dark_angel69 16 October, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   34

Jawad, can I have an avatar like yours? :D

aboood619 16 October, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   35

Couple of questions please:
1- Can you get the Gunbird Collection on EU PSN? I’ve been in the mood for some classic traditional Shoot’em-ups and this collection has both arcade games which I loved playing as a kid

2- Any word on a discount or sale on Asura’s Wrath DLC? Or a Capcom sale happening in the near future?

star wars dlc
rest noting to me .

Hi Jawad, any news on Terraria for vita? Even a simple this year or next would do, I hope for it every week to no avail!

Cheers

So where exactly is this massive Trick or Treat Halloween Pack for DOA5U? The individual costumes are there, but considering the size of the pack, no way I’m bying those costumes one by one.

Same deal with the Ultimate Sexy costumes, now that SCEE -finally- bothered to add them to the store.

Muramasa already installing :) Been looking forward to that game

PhantomRUS9 16 October, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   40

Hello, why are so many games/DLC unavailable in Russia? I want to get The Wolf Among Us but it isn’t available :’C

CardcaptorStacey 16 October, 2013 @ 3:43 pm   41

Are we ever going to see the Atelier Totori avatars the USA got ages ago?

I am still waiting on my Ratchet Gladiator code… Customer supports keeps telling me to be patient and won’t help me.

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate – Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Costume Set – £19.99/€24.99 is MISSING!

Also, why no Ultimate Sexy Costumes Pack still?

caiserkato 16 October, 2013 @ 3:49 pm   44

Yay! Muramasa Rebirth! I was thinking about importing this game but that would have been problematic because of future DLCs. It’s such a shame we do not get a physical release but it’s better than nothing! :D

BenWhathisname 16 October, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   45

Why do so many items available in Russia?
Thank you for contempt, Sony.

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC is for some reason located in the core fighter part of the store also could you add a Ultimate Sexy Set so I don’t have to buy them seperatly.

BenWhathisname 16 October, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   47

And so at the ps vita is not dense with good games, so more and Sony makes these artificial barriers to non-issuance of certain games in certain countries.
The countries of Eastern logic, I must say.

Hi Jawad,

Any idea when Ace Combat Infinity is Releasing?

Finka_Karfein 16 October, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   49

Sony, please, chase SEGA for digital Yakuza releases.

And strive harder for Chrono Cross US import.

The Angry Birds price is unfortunately correct as it was $40 for the US yesterday.

Will the Wolf Among Us ever come to Vita like The Walking Dead did?

When is Dead Nation coming to Vita?

Any word on Terraria Vita and Frozen Synapse Tactics Vita?

Is the Star Wars Pinball DLC price correct? It’s the same cost as the original game!

TINTINTB303 16 October, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   51

Cheers Mr Dutton & Mr Thirsty ;-)

Arthurlantern 16 October, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   52

Fred do you know if we are gonna see any dlc for Killzone Mercenary, am truly loving that game.

Fred Dutton 16 October, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

I’ve nothing to announce today I’m afraid, but look out for some Mercenary news a little later this week.

Why so many lame digital only releases that other regions get physical copies of.

EU is where Vita has sold most, gets treated worst. SOny need pull your finger out and stop letting publishers dump on your best region.

Muramasa Rebirth , I can’t believe my eyes . Thank you a hundred times .

Are codes for Ratchet Gladiator still going out?
I really, really want to play it, but I still haven’t recieved my code (because I played Q-Force. I got the Motorstorm RC code, so I’m eligible).
Please reply telling me if codes are still going out. I really want this :(

MartinB105 16 October, 2013 @ 4:27 pm   56

I might have been interested in trying Angry Birds, as I’ve never played it, but absolutely no way at that price.

DoYouLikeMyID 16 October, 2013 @ 4:36 pm   57

Isn’t Angry Birds Trilogy supposed to be £34.99/€39.99?

… I can’t believe I just said that…

AaronSOLDIER 16 October, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   58

Are we getting Minecraft anytime soon?

are you guys at SCEE ever gonna get some ps1 clasic or ps2?

darthsabre 16 October, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   60

Will Lego Marvel be on PSN from day 1, or will it be a disc-only release?

Also, do we just need to sign up to the forums to get the Ratchet Gladiator Code.

I have Q0force and I’m also waiting for a code :)

I’ve signed in, Fred. Is that all I needed to do (Thanks for replying! Glad to know I haven’t missed my opportunity)

Here’s hoping to be able to pre-order Warframe next weeks update!

*should have been this week though…*

cowbanana 16 October, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   63

Muramasa Rebirth is very, very nice. Great price as well! Everyone should buy this beautiful game. I bought a physical US import copy when it was released.

Buy Dragon’s Crown while you’re at it :)

Angry Birds… €39.99!?!?! Hahahahaha, I flip the bird at that! I would have bought it for my kids at €3.99. Hahahaha… wow, best joke this week.

Any news on Dead Nation for Vita? Been quiet since E3 about this.

Thank you so much Fred. :)
I look forward to the PM, and the game. And not having to stress about losing out on the code ;)

is CONTRAST coming to PSN on PS4? if so the Watch dogs disappointment will make me get that with my Killzone bundle as I was going to get it on steam: CONTRAST…..I was really looking forward to watch dogs with killzone on launch of a new PS4 console, now I just got Killzone and nothing else I want but I ordered NFS rivals to fill that gap, if CONTRAST was on PS4 then I will wait and not buy it on steam….PLEASE???????

The price in Star Wars Pinball is wrong (sadly). In the psn store is 9,99 €, so what is the correct price ?

All Star Wars Pinball Balance of the Force prices are €9.99 in the (Dutch) store, not €7.99 as listed here (note there are four separate priced DLC items). I do believe that’s an error as it should be €7.99 if I’m not mistaken…

superpatchy66 16 October, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   69

Is that right? £32 for Angrybirds? Wow that’s amazing.

modzerowo40i 16 October, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   70

digital God of War: Ascension ????

darthsabre 16 October, 2013 @ 5:28 pm   71

Fred, Can you check if I’m registered on the UK forums please? I am also waiting to a Ratchet code

Hey Fred,

I’ve signed up to the forums too if I could jump on the R&C: Gladiator bandwagon please, I never received my code either.

Cheers

For those still looking for DOA5U’s Trick or Treat Halloween Pack, go to the Core Fighters game page and wade through the DLC list. Why these aren’t listed under DOA5u’s own page is beyond me.

Nadasurfrules 16 October, 2013 @ 5:45 pm   74

Hi fred..
Any chance of a discount on The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ps3?
I miss the last discount on the walking dead so would be cool if you can do it again.

Thanks

dominater444 16 October, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   75

Hey Fred,I have the same problem as other people. I didn’t receive my code for Ratchet Gladiator but I received a code for that Motor Storm game.Do I also just have to click the link in the comments above ( http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums/ct-p/55 ) to receive my code?I have already logged in once so now I can get a code?
Hope it is like this…

Fred, It says I’ve signed in. I used my existing ID.
Here’s my account: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2066997

I only just checked here, sorry for commenting late ;)
I’ve bookmarked this page now lol.

Diakon-Suriander 16 October, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   77

i cant wait to see what sony europe do with there pricing strategy,
Knack $59.99(£38) – who wants to bet we get charged £50-60

DiscworldDeath 16 October, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   78

Any idea if Muramasa Rebirth is going to get a physical EU release?

ff8fanatic 16 October, 2013 @ 6:45 pm   79

Any news on Carnivores HD the USA got is some weeks ago now and the only info I can find on it for a EU release is later this year???

I will buy this the minute you release it please don’t counterstrike go us again!

Demsville 16 October, 2013 @ 6:51 pm   80

Fred, like many others I got a code for Motorstorm RC for playing Ratchet Q-Force but never received a Ratchet Gladiator code and I am registered on the forums.

Any news?

Kelvin1309 16 October, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   81

Hey Fred and Jawad,
Awesome upadate…. ok here’s the thing :
I still have not got the code for Ratchet Gladiator ( i know i’m eligible cuz i got motorstorm rc code back in feb)
Seeing the above comments and replies i realize that we can get the codes via PM’s ….. if so please message me ……

thnx in advance
BTW LEGO marvel is awesome!!

TrueMurton 16 October, 2013 @ 7:04 pm   82

Good thing TellTale screwed up their release, again. If not for Wolf Americanng Us there’d be nothing for anyone this week.

That being said, I’ll be avoiding it for now. Not gonna bother playing it and getting invested in the story until TellTale can offer some credible assurance that they won’t submit a QA fail or worse, simply submit too late for a same week release and leave us waiting around trying to dodge spoilers on the internet while they get their act together without so much as an acknowledgement that they screwed up.

Nazar_Ops 16 October, 2013 @ 7:10 pm   83

I can’t find the Killzone Mercenary Artbook on the Store. Did it get a release in Sweden?

Can’t find the Killzone Mercenary Art Book in the Vita Store (Netherlands)!

Killzone Mercenary Art Book not in the Vita Store (Netherlands)

Fred – can you confirm if the Star Wars Pinball DLC is cross-buy for PS3/Vita ?

There’s literally too much stuff on the Vita right now haha I love it.

Grabbed Dragon’s Crown and Voice Pack. Now Muramasa and Guacamelee made me open my wallet again. Next week there’s Batman, Valhalla Knights 3 and WRC4. Also new PS+ drop. It’s amazing.

Speaking of WRC4 and amazing. Tried the demo and it’s suprisingly competent on the Vita. Could you drop a bomb and reveal the price maybe? ;)

SolidPlatapus 16 October, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   88

I also still have not received my Ratchet Gladiator HD code. My mobile contract won’t let me ring paid numbers at all (even at a cost) and I don’t have a landline, so I can’t ring the customer support line. :(

Longview01 16 October, 2013 @ 8:36 pm   89

Any idea on when Ninja Turtles is getting a release?

hey scee-team,

are there any news about Legend of Dragoon releasing on psn eu?
we really miss this game :(

greetings

is there any hope that we are going to see a digital release for either
Crisis core or nier ?

Glad I bought an import of Muramasa Rebirth which was only £10 more. I really don’t like this digital release only in Europe trend.

@people asking for Yakuza

good luck with that, Sega Japan are notorious for not releasing games to other parts of the world, Yakuza HD Collection, Yakuza 5, Yakuza (from Edo period), Phantasy Star Online 2, Phantasy Star Nova etc etc and now as they have Atlus, I wouldn’t be surprised if the west never saw another Persona game again.

vherostar 16 October, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   93

Angry Birds Trilogy
Price: £31.99

SAY WHAT??? Seriously??? Its free on android and each single games 69p on ios totaling under £5 for all of them. That’s daylight robbery!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves for even allowing developers to release at that price. Enjoy the zero sales.

mikalrkayn 16 October, 2013 @ 10:01 pm   94

I was looking forward to playing angry birds on the vita, but that price is so wrong. It should be £9.99 max.

chrispark 16 October, 2013 @ 10:54 pm   95

Ratchet and Clank Gladiator – I have followed the link (which just takes me to the forums – not a specific board on not receiving a code) and signed in. Is this all we need to do to get the code. So far I have emailed support and spoken to them – to be fobbed off with the “it will be sent out to you soon” – over 2 weeks ago now.

Why is that Dragons Crown voice pack for PS3 only on that list?
What is up with that DLC for the Vita version?
Or is at least the DLC for that game cross buy?

Does anyone has an answer?

OMGOMGOMOGMG I thought EU wasn’t getting Muramasa but it seems like they are, and according to you guys this applies to AU as well since I’m from AU I’m totally stoked OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HEAD EXPLOSHUNNNN

What’s up with the Australian pricing? Are you basing it off 2008′s exchange rate?

I could buy The Wolf Among Us on 360 for $20, Steam for $25 and with a US PSN card from Amazon it would be US$20/AUD$21. Why charge $30?

madmanwithabox12 17 October, 2013 @ 1:34 am   99

Vita store still has issues…

-Sly Cooper 4 is listed twice
-Hotline Miami and LEGO Legends of Chima (possibly others too) don’t show up in all Vita games
-Certain PSP games are under all Vita games

Ginsumitsu 17 October, 2013 @ 5:06 am   100

Another sad day for Kiwi and Aussie gamers…

…oh wait, its overpriced Angry Birds.

I feel sorry for my usually content deprived Russian brethren.

Fred, have I done something wrong? I still haven’t gotten my code :(

Ygdrasille 17 October, 2013 @ 8:46 am   102

@ Fred Dutton So why the hell Dragon’s Crown is not available in Russia??? Any reasonable explanation to that??

SabreSephiroth 17 October, 2013 @ 10:59 am   103

Signed into the forums but no code for Ratchet either. I had assumed the code would be emailed through as stated by SCEE in the original MotorStorm RC email.

Wasn’t made aware that I’d have to log into a forum to acquire it until I checked this blog post yesterday. It seems an odd way to go about it. Do I need to do anything else?

Hi i also bought Ratchet and Clank: QForce and still haven’t received a code for Ratchet Gladiator HD. i didn’t know until now i had to sign up on the official forums so i have don that.

LycanHero 17 October, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   105

Hey Fred.

I did log into the UK forums can you tell me if you guys can see me?

Coody-Baroody 17 October, 2013 @ 3:02 pm   106

@JAWAD and/or FRED

Why do you list things on here in the blog store update if they simply are NOWHERE to be found on PS3, Vita or the web Store?

I’m referring to the Killzone Mercenary art book thingymijig.

Where is it guys?

Shadowdragoon 17 October, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   107

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting.

News one DLC/games Like Disgaea 3 (Vita) here in Scandinavia?

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

FruitsEverywhere 18 October, 2013 @ 12:37 am   108

What the hell are you talking about? Muramasa can be purchased as physical copy. At least here in Slovakia it is possible, i even saw the limited bundle :)

LordBeloved 18 October, 2013 @ 11:07 am   109

@FruitsEverywhere: That’s probably (grey) import. There is no official physical release of Muramasa Rebirth in the EU.

chrispark 18 October, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   110

Still no Gladiator code? I have tried everything suggested – but still no code sent out or a PM in the Forums – Are there many others out there in the same situation? Feeling let down by Customer Support- who are happy to take your 4p a minute to sort out an issue of their own making – and they still haven’t sorted anything out.

darthsabre 18 October, 2013 @ 9:04 pm   111

Same here. still no Gladiator code…

Again the same here still no Gladiator code

monoliet 19 October, 2013 @ 5:05 pm   113

Star Wars Pinball: Balance Of The Force
trophies not in list on vita ?

DoggThang 19 October, 2013 @ 7:34 pm   114

A couple of people asked when this was posted but there doesn’t seem to have been an answer – what’s up with the Zen Pinball SW DLC price? It’s listed here as €7.99 to my vita is showing €9.99. Is it meant to be €7.99 on the store?

When can we get Kingdom Hearts avatars anyway?

:D