Posted 4:00pm

inFAMOUS: Second Son Collector’s & Special Edition announcement

inFamous SS_PS4_SW_3D Pack_PEGI

Hi everybody. Welcome to a nice autumn update for inFAMOUS Second Son. Sucker Punch Productions has been working hard on the game and we’ve been collaborating with them on two very special editions for next year.

However, before we get to that we’re proud to reveal the final box art, with Delsin in all his smoke-power glory. Check it out above.

First up, the inFAMOUS: Second Son special edition. Grab your special edition copy of inFAMOUS: Second Son to get very own Delsin Rowe beanie hat and a bonus mission – Cole’s Legacy.

inFamous Second Son_Special Edition

But what is Cole’s Legacy?

For one, it won’t be available for purchase when the game launches. It’s only available through these offers here. It’s additional downloadable content you’ll be able to play that uncovers what happened between the devastating events of inFAMOUS 2 and inFAMOUS Second Son.

Cole MacGrath’s actions in New Marais set in motion a chain of events leading to the now forceful occupation of Seattle by the oppressive Department of Unified Protection. Cole’s Legacy bridges this gap in time with a series of missions Delsin must complete, revealing unique insights into how the world of inFAMOUS Second Son came to be.

And for those of you who are looking for something to collect, we’re delighted to bring you the inFAMOUS Second Son Collector’s Edition!

inFamous Second Son_Collectors Edition

The inFAMOUS Second Son Collector’s Edition contains everything you need to get into the inFAMOUS universe. This beautifully designed edition contains a full copy of inFAMOUS Second Son, an exclusive cover, exclusive denim vest cover, a replica of Delsin’s beanie, a set of badges, collector’s coin, bottle opener and Cole’s Legacy DLC.

We hope you’ve enjoyed all these offerings and found something you like. The Special and Collector’s Editions will be gone pretty quickly, so be sure to order yours before the game comes out early next year, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more inFAMOUS content and news.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

89 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

Why do US get the Cole’s Legacy DLC & Special Box Art as a free Limited Edition Upgrade if they pre-order? Do we not get the DLC if we pre-order? :(

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

Hey Harry,

Preorder offers will differ from country to country, so best check with your local retailers.

I hope you enjoy playing Second Son!

Nat

Can i just say.. the standard box art is terrible. like really boring. You want this game to stand out and the Limited edition box art is so much better. Please change the standard to something better sucker Punch/Sony. It makes no sense to release this game and not try to catch someones eye who may not know about it.

Fred Dutton 17 October, 2013 @ 4:28 pm

Humblest apologies – that was not the final version, please see the correct box art above!

Nice editions, so the Collector’s Edition comes with a regular game case inside the jacket and the Special Edition has some sort of Digipack?

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

Thanks! The Collector’s Edition actually comes with it’s own special game case artwork. The Special Edition has a digipack, yes.

andrewsqual 17 October, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   4

Thanks guys. One query about the game. Could you confirm if there will be NPC pedestrians in the game. All video and Screenshot footage to date makes the streets look very empty and its cause for concern. :/
Will there be built up areas with lots of people like in the previous titles?
Will you have an RRP on these 2 versions anytime soon? They look great :)

randellaUK 17 October, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   5

The game still on for a Feb release???

are we going to get a PS4 UI walk through soon or more details

No Delsin figure? Thats a shame….

Cool, i just really wish this was a launch game.

One of the main reasons I’m upgrading to the PS4! Huge fan of the Infamous series! :D

itzondacouch 17 October, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   9

Sweet! When can we expect some pre-order info for the Collector’s Edition?

Nightmare966 17 October, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   10

Gotta love the box art — great job there, Sucker Punch :)

This game can’t come fast enough — when this one drops the swap to PS4 will happen for me.

On the other hand, I support the idea of giving that kind of non digital cool stuff on the Collector’s Edition. It’s been a while since I’ve seen one that went a bit beyond the whole DLC thing/statue :)

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 4:52 pm

Thank you! It’s always nice to hear people looking forward to the editions we put together.

wardragon989 17 October, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   11

While the Collector’s Edition is cool and unique, I’m not gonna get it, sorry.

The special edition has pretty much all I want :P

Also;
- How come no price or retail/online stores of where to buy them from?
- What’s happening with those 4 shirts? http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/09/infamous-second-son-pre-order-bonuses-revealed/

BLEACH-Fan 17 October, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   12

That Special Edition will be mine, Love the inFAMOUS series

Carnivius_Prime 17 October, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   13

Love inFamous but I won’t be buying a PS4 until at least 6 to 12 months after launch cos at moment inFamous is pretty much the only game scheduled for PS4 I’d actually want. I need more before I shell out for a whole new machine when my PS3 already has plenty to keep me entertained.
Which reminds me. I bought All Stars Battle Royale the other week. Time to play through as both sides of Cole. Also need to the last couple trophies on inFamous 1 and 2 for my platinums.

nostradamus1984 17 October, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   14

So if we preorder it in the US do we automatically get upgraded to special edition

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

The US special edition differs slightly – the EU version has the Delsin replica beanie included as well as DLC.

Please make reversible cover with old artwork.
This: farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/10327301583_befb7e9443.jpg

I was wondering, will the collectors edition box art be on a regular cover or a steelbook?
To be honest, I didn’t see anything unique in inFamous SS, but I HAVE to get that beanie =D

So no OST in any of the editions?
I’m really confused now how the storyline goes since I thought I:SS was in alternative universe.

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

Hey EmJayZay,

inFAMOUS: Second Son is set in Seattle – a real world environment. It takes place 5 years after inFAMOUS 2.

Cole’s Legacy DLC bridges the gap between the last game and Second Son, and explains how the new world came to be.

dark_angel69 17 October, 2013 @ 4:57 pm   18

The only thing that interest me the most there is Cole’s Legacy. For that vest, what size do they come in?

doomsday619 17 October, 2013 @ 5:00 pm   19

Amazing love the boxart, Really looking forward to getting my hands on this next year. Any idea of when we will see some more gameplay? Still have the special editions of Infamous 1&2 still one of the best games this generation.

wil be the normal edition ( i get 1 game almoast free after end jear action = evry 10 € u geth 1 tiket 30 tikets = 15€ card , ps4 +controler + camera +2 games =65 tikets :) +already 15 tikets = 80 tikets ore 40 € )

reason sony game prices :
69€ normal edition
79€ sp edition
99/120 colector edition

10 € leser on evry edition = i buy sp edition ( buth sony games are moast expensife )
even ea. – activision ( 2 moast expensife company next to sony ) are in real store under 60 €
54,95 € cod goast ( norm. edition )
59,95 € ac iv ( norm. edition ) = max price

discordia 17 October, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   21

Any chance of a heads-up for where we can purchase these? Would love to pre-order a copy of the Collector’s Edition as soon as it’s listed with whichever retailer! =D

So, to clarify, the Special Edition’s case/cover is actually a digipack and not a plastic case?
Also is the extra DLC content region locked?

LitespeedEXE 17 October, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   23

Out of sheer interest, why does the UK/EU cover of most games tend to have the game name written in the same font? Always looks a lot nicer when the game’s logo is on the side, like what the US seems to get with all their boxes. Just curious as to why?

Love the look of these editions though. Do we get the same foil finish on the special edition? :D

nostradamus1984 17 October, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   24

Does the US still get the special edition case as shown

mike-yazuka 17 October, 2013 @ 5:13 pm   25

Will we be getting a “real” case in the special edition?
Hopefully we will…

Can’t believe this is not out until next year. Could you not push it forward to next month? Only kidding I rather have a great game than a good game with issues. What is the RRP on the special and collectors edition?

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

Hi Ocelot07

RRP for Special Edition is €79.99, and for the Collector’s Edition €89.99.

This is a random question but it bugs me. Why in EU regions does the spine of the game case typically present the title in a regular boring font but other regions get the proper logo?

Robsonmonkey 17 October, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   28

Guys PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make that hand artwork case in the Collectors Edition a Steelbook

Any chance of this happening? Nearly all Sony special editions have included a Steelbook

Shou_Kobayashi 17 October, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   29

I must admit, I’m more interested in a Bundle with the PS4, make it happen ;)

Meh… So, really important DLC isn’t even for pre-orders only, but for Special Edition… Isn’t it enought that next-gen titles will be more expensive? : <

BTW, link to picture of boxart is broken.

Seriously thats the CE you guys could come up with a jacket to keep our boxes warm? Lmao big fan of infamous even boughy the hero edition of Infamoose 2 but that CE is so silly :/ was hoping for another big edition like the hero one :(

Awww, I was hoping SCEE would drop their boring spines for the PS4. That bland font looks so boring when a game’s on my shelf, why not use the proper game logo like SCEA do?

Also yes infamoose is what its called by me xD have a pic somewhere of a lightning moose swell

So here in europe if we want the DLC we have to get the digipack or the collector if we want a normal case? [DELETED]… I hate any case that differs from normal cases…

Guess I’ll have to buy the normal version then, and hope for the DLC to be given as a pre-order bonus…

Grey_Fox007 17 October, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   35

When will the collector’s edition be available to pre-order on Amazon UK?

mike-yazuka 17 October, 2013 @ 5:38 pm   36

Just read now that the SE will have a digipack, a shame. Guess I won’t be buying. I just want to be able to get the real gamecase with my SE. =/

CreditDue 17 October, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   37

I hope the CE isn’t a GAME exclusive. It needs to be available on Amazon uk

Looking forward to playing this :P

Artemisthemp 17 October, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   39

How come Legacy vest ain’t in the Special Edition?

darkdudes_2 17 October, 2013 @ 5:56 pm   40

pls answer^^

first love your games^^
infamous II was my second fave on the ps3 plattforms and second son could become my alltime fave, thats why i by the collectors edition^^
will there be future dlc?

some suggestion from a fan: Infamous MMO maybe from SOE, Infamous Vita(my big hope!!!!!!!), infamous mp, story dlcs, somethink like infamous FoB^^

Nathalia Chubin 17 October, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

Hey darkdudes_2

That’s all we have to show you for Second Son for now, but stay tuned as we’ll let you know more news when we have it. Thanks for all the inFAMOUS love!

Nat

Artemisthemp 17 October, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   41

Wait a second US say

MSRP for the LE is $59.99 (yep – same price!)
For the CE, MSRP is $79.99.

So why does EU have to more? I mean even if, you translate $ to € (company rate) it’s still €20 more for LE and €30 for CE.

Looks real nice, might get the Collectors Edition.

“I’d like to say that, while I don’t usually mind some pre-order DLC 8ie costumes), making Cole’s Legacy exclusive to these editions doesn’t seem like the best option, since it’s a story necessary to understand the background of Second Son’s world.”

it’s kinda annoying that this kind of content is dlc, i think this part of the story is essential to telling everyone what happened to cole and his friend, on top of that i won’t be buying a ps4 at launch so will be missing out on the S-ED which is a shame really, maybe i will be able to get it cheaper after the game’s release or something.

Looks great will defo pick this up but I still need to finish Infamous 2 and Blood Festival!

When will you officially announce Infamous Vita? *rolleyes*

LeoSivilla 17 October, 2013 @ 6:16 pm   45

Will the Collectors’ Edition come with the Artbook that seems to be packaged with the Special Edition?

darkdudes_2 17 October, 2013 @ 6:18 pm   46

ok thx for the answer^^
its too hard to wait for it -.-

jordan2228 17 October, 2013 @ 6:21 pm   47

Where can I pre-order this amazing looking game tbat i can’t wait for?!

We’ll get the limited edition (Cole’s Legacy DLC with normal case) if we pre-order the game?

I hate digipacks and steelboxes… I want all my games to look the same, that’s why I hate the editions that doesn’t include the normal case inside.

slientknight9 17 October, 2013 @ 6:30 pm   49

What are the chances of a special edition ps4 bundle with inFamous second son? With a smoke effect on the console itself that be awesome or something like this image.

I first thought it was a reveal of Infamous Vita when I saw the blue case!

No news of this then :)