Posted 4:00pm

PS4 system software update 1.50 detailed

We wanted to shed some light on system software update version 1.50 for PS4, which will arrive simultaneously with the system’s official launch next month. By updating to system software version 1.50, you’ll be able to experience a variety of new features in addition to the basic functions of PS4.

The system software update 1.50 is approximately 300 MB, and will include the following features:

• Remote Play
    Users will be able to access PS4 titles displayed on their living room TVs and play them on a PS Vita system over Wi-Fi networks by using PS4 Link (Depending on network environment or titles, remote play performance may vary outside of the home). We anticipate that most PS4 titles will be playable on the PS Vita system through Remote Play. The latest PS Vita system software version, to be released soon, will be required to use PS4 Link.
  • Second Screen
    Users can use the PS4 Link application for the PS Vita system, and PlayStation App for iPhone, iPad, and Android-based smartphones and tablets, to use these devices as second screens in supported titles. PlayStation App has the ability to enable users to interact with games with their mobiles devices. For example on The Playroom, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStation Camera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.
  • Record, take screenshots, and upload gameplay effortlessly
    The PS4 system provides dedicated, “always on” video encoding systems that enables seamless uploading of gameplay. Users can share their epic triumphs by simply hitting the Share button on DualShock 4, take screenshots or scan through the last 15 minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game – the video uploads as the user plays. At the PS4 system’s launch, users will be able to share their images and videos with friends on Facebook and screenshots with followers on Twitter, though users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Facebook and Twitter.
  • Broadcast and spectate gameplay
    The PS4 system also enhances social spectating by enabling users to broadcast their gameplay in real-time to game fans around the globe, using Ustream and Twitch live internet streaming services (users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Ustream and Twitch). There are two ways for users to view live broadcasts. First, the Live from PlayStation application on PS4 aggregates streams from all PlayStation users. Second, users can spectate friends’ PS4 gameplay from PCs, and applications such as Ustream, Twitch, and browsers, which are installed on their mobile devices. These applications can be easily started up via PlayStation App, and users can also use these applications to post comments to gameplay broadcasts. Furthermore, users with PlayStation Camera can stream camera images and microphone sounds along with their live gameplay broadcast.
  • Play as you download
    This feature enables users to play supported digital titles as they are being downloaded. The time it takes to begin playing will vary depending on game data size and network environments, and not all titles will support this feature When a game is purchased, users can start playing after PS4 downloads a portion of the data, while the rest of the game is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay. Games may be downloaded in stand-by mode.
  • Multi log-in
    A maximum of four users can log-in to a single PS4 system simultaneously. These players can use their own save data to play games, and also earn trophies on their own Sony Entertainment Network accounts even when playing a multiplayer game together on a single PS4 system.
  • Party (Voice chat)
    By using the Mono Headset bundled with the PS4 system, users will be able to chat with up to eight friends enjoying different applications or games. Furthermore, users can use Party to chat between PS4 and PS Vita systems.
  • Face recognition and voice commands
    Users with PlayStation Camera will be able to register their facial image onto their PS4 system, and login to their system using facial recognition instead of DualShock 4. Furthermore, users can use either the microphone of the Mono Head set connected to DualShock 4, or PlayStation Camera to navigate through the PS4 home screen (PlayStation Dynamic Menu) with voice commands to start up games and shutdown the system, among other features; please refer to PS4′s online manual for recognizable voice commands.
  • Background music player
    Users can enjoy gameplay while listening to music in the background with Music Unlimited, a cloud-based digital music service. Users can also voice chat with friends while listening to music. Learn more about Music Unlimited here (LINK: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited/why-music-unlimited/).
  • Online Multiplayer
    PlayStation Plus members will be able to play PS4 titles online with other players via the network. PS Plus makes it easy for members to join available online multiplayer matches in a variety of ways, including the ability to easily join a game from a live stream broadcast or Party voice chats.
  • Blu-ray Disc and DVD player
    Users can enjoy not only gaming on their PS4 system, but also Blu-ray and DVD video contents. When using for the first time, users must connect to the internet to activate this feature.

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game. We will provide additional information about system software update version 1.50 and features available at the PS4 system’s launch, and features that will be available after launch, in the near future.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

113 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Storm-Iz-SiK 25 October, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   1

Any chance of the update being on the disc of launch games? Can’t imagine the servers holding up during launch

so all this stuff isn’t already on the console? kinda lame tbh but ah well a day 1 system update was expected

also can we not play our own music in the background and is it online Music unlimited that can do that?

Gamesgbkiller 25 October, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   3

From what I understand .. I will not have the option to save my gameplay in the HDD ?

Just uploading it ?

Thanks .. and can’t wait :)

No “suspend/resume mode” Da smeg O.O how come?

nemesisND1derboy 25 October, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   5

The post makes it sound like we can only use Music unlimited in the background while playing games, and not music stored on the HDD.

Is this correct?

pinkplaybunny 25 October, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   6

I was looking forward to suspend/resume mode, hopefully it won’t be too far behind.

andrewsqual 25 October, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   7

Wait so if somebody can get a PS4 right now, somehow, they can’t do any of these features with it? O_o

We can only play music in the background if it is Music Unlimited?
BS
Other than that i will never subscribe into such service, My country doesn’t have Music Unlimited

I dont like the idea of it always recording gameplay, surely its either going to result in slow loading due to the hard drive reading game data and writing at same time.
Or its going to wear out the hard drive allot faster than usual?

chrisboers 25 October, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   10

“Some features will not be available at launch” Somehow, this has me worried. Further, all these features that are listed in v1.50 were announced ages ago, they should have been on the system already.

That said, 300MB isn’t that big, seeing other system’s 1GB+ launch updates…

An update before the console is released? Well it’s not that bad, especially compared to the NintenFAIL of the Wii U! Haha! :p

GANTZn00b 25 October, 2013 @ 4:18 pm   12

i just hope my brand new ps4 i get wont boot up into a full screen singstar app like my ps3 does right now , everything else is a bonus :D

Looks like a good first update!

Can’t wait to get my hands on PS4.

Wouldn’t mind seeing that PS4 online manual to see what the voice commands are for the Camera! ;)

almighty-slayer 25 October, 2013 @ 4:22 pm   14

Man what a disappointment.

1) No suspend and resume. One of the things I was most interested/excited for on the system side. Probably won’t be there til the latter of 2014 knowing PS firmware.

2) We can only listen to custom soundtracks on Music Unlimited? I hope that’s a joke because that’s beyond ridiculous

3) No youtube upload, which is something even PS3 has…

Hype gone down by 1000

almighty-slayer 25 October, 2013 @ 4:26 pm   15

Also, please show us an in depth video of the UI. Like, now.

SeanScythe 25 October, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   16

Please Reply to the questions we have!

1. Music Unlimited is the only way to listen to our Music in games. True or False?

2. Recorded Gameplay is not stored to the HDD? True or False?

3. We can’t upload to youtube. True or False?

4. This update will allow recording using HDMI. True or False?

Wow, I have never seen so many complainers in my life. This is a great update and is to be expected day 1. Get over it. I am thoroughly sickened by humanity nowadays.

What about the PlayStation branded headsets? Are they going to be doorstops until next year? Really thought that would at least be patched.

Agreed Xvault.

As I mentioned, it’s an awesome day one update. Can’t expect everything to be ready straight away.

As long as it plays games, that’s all that matters first and foremost!

Everything else will drop in to place as and when ready :)

zalwelgoedgaan 25 October, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   20

- Like the Xbox 360, can we transfer games, save files and DLC to a USB stick?

- Can we listen to our own music (NOT MUSIC UNLIMITED) while playing games, just like some PS3 games allow us?

- How many accounts can be *stored* on the console itself? (not talking about simultaneous log-on) The PS3 lets you store 16, will this be the same number for the PS4?

- Can we modify notifications when a friend pops up online or when you get a trophy? Can you decide the location where the notification pops up? Hopefully it’s on the bottom of the screen, the upper-right notifications on the PS3 are annoying; they usually block a significant part of the gameplay.

- In February, Sony said we could try out games before we buy them. Does this include all the games on the store? For how long can you play them and do you need PS+ for it?

When will Music Unlimited be available in South Africa? Are there plans for this?

Wild_Guns 25 October, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   22

Would be possible to give some info on Pulse headsets support? Thanks.

Background music player

Can we play our own music without music unlimited? I don’t think music unlimited has indie cds which has been released only in comiket event (japan)
So I want to play my own music while I play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confirm this, because this is important for me!!!

randellaUK 25 October, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   24

Multi log-in

will this allow to have family accounts on the system as in ps3 as i have family accounts from USA on my system.

Dave-The-Rave 25 October, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   25

Well this was expected, the consoles have been in full production for a long time now and they have been working on all this stuff in the meantime.

thewanderer34 25 October, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   26

So you have to connect to the internet to activate the blu ray/dvd player ??????????

I also want an update on the pulse headset situation, I own one of the older style one’s.

When are we going to get any details on official peripherals e.g. Blu ray remote. As the ps3 blu ray is apparently incompatible with the ps4.

Hello, do you know if these updates applies for Mexico or Latinamerica too?
Thanks and we are ready for our PS4 :)

Mr_Writer 25 October, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   28

For all those moaning.

If you have a pre-order cancel it if you are not happy I’m sure there are people who want one more then you if stuff like this makes you moan,

And if you don’t have a pre order than chill out most of what you want will be put in by the time you buy one.

DieSadSlash 25 October, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   29

Any chance that next PSVita system update could improve Wifi strenght? When I have two or three bars on iPhone and iPad, I have one or zero on PSVita, and in this case I (and most of PSVita users) could have serious problems using Remote Play.
Also, “most of PS4 games” means “all of PS4 games except camera and motion ones” or “games supported by devs”? Because the premises are that all PS4 games would have been playable with Remote Play since it’s a built-in feature.

Th3C0Effici3nt 25 October, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   30

Halo 3 and Reach consistently recorded your gameplay while you were playing and it didn’t slow down one bit. On this substantially more powerful hardware structure there should be zero issues either way. No worries. Plus the rest of these features are all awesome. Party chat was my main gripe with PS3, now that we have it along with the rest of these features this should be outstanding. Thanks Sony.

MaxDiehard 25 October, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   31

@mdogg91

Background recording has its own dedicated chipset. The constant recording will not impede on gameplay in any way as it’s completely independent.

twinspectre 25 October, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   32

i would like to save my gameplay videos on HDD so i can transfer my videos via Pendrive plug it in on my Pc and edit my videos with Sony Vegas
please make it happend :(
i would like to Add voice over Commentary and do cool stuff with Sony Vegas like Montage and other stuff :(
PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEND
at least a build in Editor which i can do the same thing like Sony Vegas

Any video showing the final UI?

andrewsqual 25 October, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   34

Please tell me yous are going to answer some of these questions when a few more build up. It wouldn’t be wise to do such an important blog post and not answer some questions.

@chrisboers I think I understand it. The features are there already in the system but this update will likely just unlock it. I saw a PS4 at an event in September and it had the Voice recognition features in the menu already. They obviously don’t want people to have access to these features until they release the update, no matter how early somebody gets their console. Good thinking :)

Th3C0Effici3nt 25 October, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   35

And wow, after reading ALL of the comments. This is leaps and bounds over PS3. This software is going to do amazing things, yet you complain about things that don’t even matter. You want to play music while you game? Put on your ipod/iphone or whatever you use and listen to music. Here’s a crazy idea, why don’t you use the stereo in your house to listen to music while you play? Why should the PS4 have to integrate that when it’s main job is reading games for your enjoyment. Those are not priorities. Complain about something that matters, and as I look at this list, I can’t see one thing to complain about. I would estimate these are the same people who are too cheap to pay for PS plus which would assist in making the network better. If you don’t like it go to a different platform. I’m sure you’ll love the DRM on steam.

Sounds ok. I just hope the other ‘features’ like the “suspend/resume mode” & hopefully? save your gameplay videos to YouTube come out quickly & we don’t have to wait ages for those features + i read somewhere that CD playback will be patched into the PS4 to which is cool for all those(RARE) :D CD lovers(like me) ;)
+ It’s odd that that most of those features are not in the PS4 a launch? Strange that. But if it all works then cool;)

Shepherd606 25 October, 2013 @ 5:06 pm   37

do you actually read/answer any questions?

would like to know if music unlimited is the only way to listen to music whilst gaming. and unless i can export the video recorded by the system into a PC with a proper edit suite i don’t really care about sharing my gameplay with anyone so being able to turn this off completely would be good.

btw, sharing gameplay footage directly from ps4′s to youtube would be a huge mistake as youtube will just get flooded by no scope videos….. it’s already bad enough.

adrian2481 25 October, 2013 @ 5:08 pm   38

Last minute features? Sony, what else are you holding up your sleeve?

I like being kept in the loop.

Really glad that Remote Play, Record & Broadcast gameplay are all day 1. Facial log in and voice recognition to navigate the menu’s for those who want it. cool!

PoluSanzo 25 October, 2013 @ 5:13 pm   40

what about vita update?! any news about it?

c360_mania 25 October, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   41

Sounds great, but can we also upload gameplay through PS4 to youtube with the share button?

Some good info there, just a few questions..

Will the browser be avaiable day one?

Also, does the “play and download” feature only apply to games – ie can we download the day one firmware patch in the background while playing a game or using some other features?

hi sony

i have now use your console the past 18 years now buy all my ps1 ps2 ps3 and psp and my ps4 all at day one

but what you offer me here is out of line
let me play my own music whern i play my gamers i will never pay for this Music Unlimited i do not say all thing to be free but this is worng sony your have make a good console this time the playstation 4 do not but this Down now

well what does it do then.will it be in the box without an update?
bet the update will crash or ylod the console.why do we have to do this.cant you fix all this for the 549 we pay.gee sony.thats bad

Hi Fred Dutton

I hope you are doing good and I have a small question to ask you about the voice commands.

I have tried controlling SingStar with my voice by saying “Queen” and then the game takes me to the queen tracks in the game. I am (as you can probably see by the flag besides this post) from Denmark, and “we” have a small “problem”. The problem is, that the voice commands only works if SingStar is running in English. If we play SingStar in the Danish language, then we can go to the same screen and say “Queen” all we want into the microphone, but the game does nothing.

So will the voice commands on the PS4 work in all languages settings? (Eg. if ones says “Start PlayStation Store” will the console do the command regardless of what language it is set up to run in?)

emad-E-three 25 October, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   46

Hi Fred, I’m looking to upgrade the HDD on my PS4 day 1 with SSHD but i’m only afraid if I do it I’ll lose “The Playroom” game as it comes installed on the original HDD! So can you confirm The Playroom will be available on the playstation store or not ?

What in the fudge are you selling me Sony? What can I do with the product I will get from the retail store? What it can do?

I think I can get free PS4 if I go buy one and not update it because I’m quite sure that there has been tons of advertising regarding these features and the box itself will more than likely advertise these non-existing features but what I’m not getting is the product that is advertised.
It doesn’t matter if you get those with an update since I am buying hardware that should work from the get go.
It doesn’t matter if I have internet connection, it shouldn’t be a requirment nor it shouldn’t be assumed that your customers have internet connection. I’m not buying service, I’m buying product.
I don’t buy cars or phones that require internet connection to work as advertised.

What are you selling to me?

Can someone please clarify whether or not the story regarding a 49GB minimum mandatory install for Call of Duty: Ghosts on PS4 is true?

I just want to clarify where I stand personally, that I am Sony through and through and as a consumer that is seriously considering a PS4 Mega Bundle for Christmas, I want to know and I am sure many other consumers also want clarification on this image that clearly displays a 49GB install size.

When will my Sony PS3 Bluetooth stereo head set work on the PS4?

Skookie30 25 October, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   50

about features are not on the Ps4 what ppl are saying.

the size of 300MB tells me it not to add features because the features are there in doment the 300MB patch to pull the switch to activated the features if they added features it would need more the a 300MB update.

the Ps app for IOS, Androird for Ps3, Vita & ps4 on november 22th.

DoYouLikeMyID 25 October, 2013 @ 5:59 pm   51

Suspend/resume won’t be available on day one? Knowing SCEE’s track-record, it will probably be here either late 2014 or never… This was supposed to be a base feature of the console, and now all we can do is to sit here questioning why it’s not there immediately, if it’ll even come at all?

Furthermore, we were promised that we could play music in the background, but the way it’s worded here, it seems we can only play music from Music Unlimited in the background… If that’s true, then it’s an utterly useless feature, and it’s manipulative advertising too.

It also seems we can’t save video game footage straight to our harddrives. Another huge disappointment, because I’m certainly not going to post anything on Facebook. Another great feature potentially made useless.

I own all PS consoles (both portable- and home consoles) and I love them all, and I’ll still get a PS4, but if all of this is true, then this is it.

So the shipped software lacks basically every feature mentioned?
How about saving screenshots/videos just for ourselves? Music can be played in background only using the Music Unlimited service?

lRlavelNl 25 October, 2013 @ 6:09 pm   53

I’m hoping the download is more of a key and polishing effort to combat early released consoles.

Is there any chance of viewing PS4 trophies on the PS3? Just asking as there maybe some people that wants to view them on their PS3s.

Also forgot to ask, when will the IGN and Vidzone video service be available on the PS4?

Fetseroony 25 October, 2013 @ 6:18 pm   56

Just fix the fact that you can’t use the Pulse-headset with PS4 at launch/any time soon.

Voodoo341 25 October, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   57

What!? You can’t watch Blu Rays or DVD’s on the PS4 straight out of the box? What’s the difference between this and the Microsoft DRM system?

Just made someone happy by cancelling my ps4 pre-orders. If I cannot play my own audiobooks, language learning mp3s, mixtapes, educational material while racing , I do not want the DRM-ps4. Good luck sony it will come back to you.

Voodoo341 25 October, 2013 @ 6:36 pm   59

Seriously… the most powerful console ever and you don’t have a pause/resume function on it? Surely that’s a bog standard basic function.

off topic:
On the English and American who comment here that people complain,
this is what happens when one
1 – That sony is not 100% clear with their plans.
2 – And that certain countries like usa and uk + other … favorite markets are to Sony, and other countries that always fall behind give more comments (rightly or wrongly).
3 – another time is it proves that the comunication weakest point is at sony, they prefer to create more confusion than answers with their articles.

on topic:
For me bluray and dvd not standart in = how serious are you as a company???
What music in background concerns =
- Music from the hd = highly sought after and also with me.
- Music service too = (but will not be for me).

next questions = day 1 ?
facebook
you tube

greatfulcook 25 October, 2013 @ 6:57 pm   61

I hope I am misunderstanding this but are you saying online multiplayer won’t be supported at launch? If that’s the case it’s rediculous

Wait, do we really need Music Unlimited to play music in the background?

So much for my doujin music and most if not all of my video game music.

greatfulcook 25 October, 2013 @ 7:06 pm   63

Seriously Answer my question because Ill go cancel my damned pre order right now

greatfulcook 25 October, 2013 @ 7:09 pm   64

If your seriously thinking about not supporting online multiplayer on November 15th you better delay the entire launch because me and everyone else are going to be (CENSORED). Multiplayer is part of the experience and honestly without it I don’t want a gaming system at all. Ill switch to xbox one over this crap

Tranc3Freak64 25 October, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   65

People complaining about these features, do you realize what it takes to implement something of this magnitude? All for $399US And this is just the release stuff. Take a look back at the PS3 and how bare it was upon release.

And now at comment #35; well said! Now I wont have to type it.

@greatfulcook
How did you get that impression? This is a list of features available at launch. Online multiplayer is there.

greatfulcook 25 October, 2013 @ 7:36 pm   67

@ DrDamn I must have read it wrong. Thought it was a list of things the patch would add

Lord_Gremlin 25 October, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   68

Just make sure that if connection drops/powers goes out system don’t just break during the update.
In other words, don’t be a Wii U.
On a side note, I’m not ok with it. But as of now I’m still holding onto my early PS4 preorder – mainly because of all those sweet, sweet Japanese games I’m going to import. And KZ4. But launch day update is NEVER good.

European_Gamer 25 October, 2013 @ 7:56 pm   69

Is it only possible to upload video to twitter and facebook at lauch?

Sony you rock. We all love you, keep giving us kick ass experiences.

As many here I’m wondering why feature presented to us in Feb need a patch now. The update is smart, are it the updates for these features or are they only added at the last minute?

Anyway, many positive and fun new addition like face recognition for the camera and voice recognition through cam microphone or the one included for voice chat. I tried to look for the PS4 online manual to find out if the commands are in my language but I can’t find a manual.
Also some more question:
-Can I turn of the automatic recording?
-Can I watch 3D blue-ray movies?
Also so many questions unanswered is not a good thing to end the week with.

Coody-Baroody 25 October, 2013 @ 8:31 pm   72

I must say that although I’m still super hyped for my PS4, a few of these billet points have kind of bummed me out.
It was said that ALL games would be download as we play now it’s ‘some games won’t’ and the same with Remote Play. I thought it was REQUIRED for all game developers to implement Remote play on PS4 Games?

But the main gripe I have is the standby/resume play function not being a day one feature. Why not? It was announced in February and Vita had it on launch. PS4 has 8GB ram so I don’t understand this and to be honest it sounds very suspect to me.

Also, any word on the firmware update that will allow us to use our official Sony headsets? I’ve got 3 Sony headsets, the first small in ear Bluetooth, the first 7.1 virtual surround sound wireless stereo headset and (in anticipation of my PS4 after reading it would also be compatible with it) the new Pulse headset.

Also, the Bluray player. Can I play 3D blurays on it like PS3? be kind of a backward step if I can’t.

Stonesthrow 25 October, 2013 @ 8:56 pm   73

Looks great but tbh there’s a lot of gimmicky stuff I personally really don’t need. I just want to play. Not download, not voicechat, not listen music while playing or upload gameplay. All I REALLY (still) wanted was free online.. And the option to use the Dualshock3 on ps4, or a very similar design that supports the DS4. For those with smaller hands, because this new design is clearly more centered towards those with bigger hands. They bring out all these slims for the consoles and portables, I really hope they do it for Dualshock4 in this case too. A dualshock 3 that’s exactly the same in size and design, just with a very small touchscreen where the select/start and PS buttons are, and the other added benefits of the DS4 like joystick deadzone etc.. That would probably be perfect for me..

Stonesthrow 25 October, 2013 @ 8:59 pm   74

Oh, and I don’t suppose we’ll still have to sync trophies right? :d Hope they learned from their mistakes of the latest store design on ps3 too..

residentSteve 25 October, 2013 @ 9:23 pm   75

Does this mean that the blog app will be replaced or updated it’s still doesn’t support iPhones 5 bigger screen and you can’t post in the blog via the app for well over a year now I did think it was ment to be fixed but it never happened.

Can the firmware be downloaded to a USB and using the USB to update the PS4 (as is the case on PS3)?

why is there no suspend and resume mode that was a great feature the x1 has it,how long will we have to wait for it,when will ps3 headsets work on ps4 how many things have you pushed back now gaiaki(i know its not pushed back but they wont show it even works or what its about) ,headsets,games(not that we have many to begin with we only have one aaa killzone),os features suspend and resume,no western ps vita tv and why are people saying music can only be played in background with music unlimited the 360 can do that,you would want to get a start on these features you said would be there

darksidersguy123 25 October, 2013 @ 11:56 pm   78

now that is some pretty cool stuff that is for sure!! I said it once and I will say it again I am DEFFENTLY getting the new ps 4 when it comes out on the 15 of November that is a for sure thing! :)

legionari 26 October, 2013 @ 12:02 am   79

No music playback from the HDD?

SwingerE11 26 October, 2013 @ 2:14 am   81

I have a question about online multiplayer.
What if you have multiple accounts on the ps4 and only one if them has ps plus, can they still play online or only the one with ps plus.
That won’t be fair if other users can’t play.

SandrokottosRule 26 October, 2013 @ 4:02 am   82

I am looking forward for ps4 system with an option to mute the game bgm and to play any music/songs which one would like to hear while playing. … You know. ..multitasking with songs :)

What a bunch of whiny little babies you people are. Oh I can’t listen to music when I play, Oh I have to wait 30 seconds for my PS4 to boot up until they patch it later. Grow up.

So many countries without Music Unlimited. Most of them have to pay more for the Ps4 and its insulting we getting another gen with missing features. The 360 can play custom music and this Music Unlimited feature is a money grab pure and simple. Dont drop the ball Sony!!!

Record, take screenshots, and upload gameplay effortlessly:

- those 15 min of recorded gameplay are stored where? HDD or RAM?
- can I turn OFF this feature?
- what if I want to save screenshots and gameplay to internal HDD instead of uploading

Second Screen:

- I have Sony android-based smartphone (C1605) and current official Playstation app is not compatible with my device, I hope that new one will be compatible otherwise wth?

Background music player:

- I like soundtrack provided by games so I don’t plan to use this feature but no background music from HDD, only Music Unlimited? Really? … what’s next, voice command available only when signed to Singstar? LMAO

Blu-ray Disc and DVD player:

- firmware update and online activation needed to playback DVD and BD … that’s just sad

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode”:

- the most useful feature not available at launch, I can wait month or two but Sony should add this asap

Hi.

I recently read the PS4 FAQ on game sharing

I have a question regarding the neccesity to deactivate your PS4 system, before choosing another one as your “primary”. What if my PS4 system brakes down, and I wont be able to run it, in order to deactivate it? If I buy a new PS4, or receive a new unit, will I be able to somehow activate it as primary?

Ok, nevermind. Just saw that Shuhei Yoshida answered a simillar question on Twitter. It appears you can also deactivate a PS4 system online.

Please Reply to the questions we have!
2. Recorded Gameplay is not stored to the HDD? True or False?
3. We can’t upload to youtube. True or False?
4. This update will allow recording using HDMI. True or False?

TehPhilosopher 26 October, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   89

I’d also like to hear whether we can listen to our own music we paid for from PS4 HDD?

If it is enabled for Music “Unlimited” only, it’s of no use for me, since the selection is far from unlimited. That would be an underhanded way to try to push the service to PS4 users, and I’m sure Sony wouldn’t do something like that :)

NamitRocks 26 October, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   90

i want to know whether i can play some of my ps3 games on ps4 as i might miss them playing once i start playing with ps4 console

XZero_SonicX 26 October, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   91

Awsome ^_^
Multi-log in !!

!! sounds A Great Day 1 update ^^

TehPhilosopher 26 October, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   92

@90 PS4 is not backwards compatible, ie. it won’t play PS3 (or PS2/1) games.

Now, this is rumored to change when the online streaming service goes live. But I bet it takes 2-3 years to come to Europe, and only then to a few preferred countries (eg. UK, France, Germany), who knows when rest of Europe will get it, if ever.

ps4 still costing $ 1850.00 dollars on Brazil …

MusashiDesu 26 October, 2013 @ 4:15 pm   94

Eh, can’t play a DVD out of the box without connecting to the internet.

Utter rubbish.

Coody-Baroody 26 October, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   95

@81 SwingerE11

I have been wondering about that too but according to the link krs256 gave us above……

……it looks like it’s just one PS+ account needed for all users to be able to access all PS+ benefits! online MP included.

Hi Fred , i live in IRELAND for 10 years now and have BROTHER in SLOVAKIA , i had every playstation in case of ps3 – 4 of them (YLOD malfunction and ps3 for my BROTHER ) i am sharing my account with him , PS4 will suport only one activated systems for games bought on store , Why?! i wont by buying extra PS4 systems and wont by buying games just for myself , its kind of lame to make such a move , i thought SONY suport family , ITS A BUSYNES , and you cut it of , i dont get it , you expect my and others to buy everything twice for relatives and friends that cant afford to buy games , its really this such a big hit for SONY to by selling to every second account ? only thing i need to buy on ps4 its PLUS but you can check my purchase history on ps3 , you did so many things right and i am really excited for ps4 and i am 35 years old but this is bad news for my brother and for you too no support for two systems no reason to buy two systems , keep up the good work

SONY you truly are a unbelievably pathetic company.

Just at the file to the website the week before release, allow every one who has the fore knowledge to save it to a usb pen before release! Problem solved.

What a bunch of complainers some people are. It is obvious to most that the actual hardware manufacturing and assembly of the PS4 would be in conjunction with the actual continued software development – this is normal and why the “new” consoles will require a software update on day 1. Personally I wish they would do more incremental updates.

I believe that the Internet activation of blu-ray/DVD playback is somehow related to SEN and purchasing of on-line movies as a similar thing happens in their Bravia range of blu-ray players etc.

Sony have made promises though that they need to follow through on in a timely manner, especially the suspend/resume option for me, music etc is not a big deal (but could be in my new home!). It seems that with the second screen/remote play I would think they’ve implemented some of the harder features first (it can’t be easy to achieve). The video replay streaming – hopefully becomes more flexible in future updates.

joshl_1995 28 October, 2013 @ 7:40 am   100

Oh let me guess the PS Vitas 3G capability will also go to waste with the PS4 as well? just like the PS3 (Pointing more towards remote play!) The 3G network on the Vita would have to be the most useless feature they could ever put on there!

DC_Cha_Cha_Cha 28 October, 2013 @ 9:30 am   101

When is the Suspend/Resume function expected? Hopefully soon? :)

@11 What do you mean “NintenFAIL”? All WiiU had was a bad start, but it’s getting games. This is much similar to PS3′s situation when it first launched. Just be happy and enjoy playing games (you can enjoy more than one console you know).

On topic, I hope the update doesn’t take too long to do. I’m looking forward to playing Killzone on launch, so I want to play the game as soon as possible. It’s too bad that Driveclub and Watch_dogs, two of my launch titles have been delayed :(

This might seem like a silly question, but in regards to the Blu-ray Disc and DVD player (other than the PS4 being region-free for games), will it be able to play different region bluray and DVDs (films, anime, etc)?

jZangetsu21 29 October, 2013 @ 11:01 pm   103

I heard the file is already available for download (I’ll check now)

I’m just gonna download it before I get my PS4 and then install it via usb drive. My internet download speeds get throttled during the day so I don’t want to wait to download it, plus I think the servers are going to stuffed up bad ^^

honkayjeezus 30 October, 2013 @ 2:31 am   104

I see Sony isn’t answering any questions here, either.

Can someone from Sony answer a question about the play music while playing games ONLY with Music Unlimited? I can’t get an answer anywhere, which seems to be part of the plan for the next couple weeks?

TriniGamerShaq 30 October, 2013 @ 3:28 am   105

so can i only play music if it’s through music unlimited ?

Almighty_Rico_1 30 October, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   106

will this update be done right from the ps4 or do i have to get it from a computer and then some how get it to my ps4???

haitham333 30 October, 2013 @ 7:48 pm   107

will i think that make sense if you ask me but one more question back ground music is it stored in the HDD or i will have to subscribe to music unlimited

musicmmmonster 31 October, 2013 @ 8:35 am   108

Hey, Sony you missed some updates for your loyal customers…

DLNA

USB SUPPORT

MP3, AAC STORAGE AND PLAYBACK

ABILTY TO ADD ON EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Yours faithfully

MR XBOX (FORMALLY PS3)

BUDDY-VA 31 October, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   109

Weird! My guess is they decided to make a patch for these things instead of putting them on every PS4 out the gate so they could make the Nov. 15th release date. No problem!

I use my PS 3 as a full integrated media system for games, movies, streaming music and photos from my NAS. It fits perfectly into my living room setup. No DLNA support on the PS4 is extremely dissapointing. I tranfer my photos and cds straight to the NAS so I can listen to music anytime I want without multiple disc changes. I can show photos via the PS3 on my TV. Come on Sony, you established DLNA. It’s at the heart of half of what I do on my PS3. Bring it to PS4.

Good news

All it says is that it does’ nt support mp3 files doesn’t say anything about other media formats

There is one issue I would like a definitive anwser to.
Will the psn store recognize your primary console by user name or by encrypted serial numbers
And if it’s by encrypted serial numbers what are the chances of these numbers changing by a system failure.

Reasoning behind this question is because I’ve been unfortunate to lose access to media content that I payed for off the psn store on my primary ps3 console after a failure in the system software twice after game updates crashed the system and have to do a hard reboot.

Anyway I’m looking for to the ps4 youtube app update and would like to see the ability to reverse stream content from them ps vita to the ps4 .

Garrison64 14 November, 2013 @ 12:18 am   112

The main thing I want patched in is headset support for the headsets we already have. I don’t understand why this wasn’t a priority from the start. I don’t want to spend another $100 or more for a new headset if you are going to patch in the PS3 sets at some point. But we depend on our headset for listening to our games since we only use a monitor that has no speakers hooked up to it. Our headset is a necessity. Please make this happen or let us know it isn’t going to happen so we can make a decision about what direction to take.

rodgerma 15 November, 2013 @ 7:50 am   113

Yeah, there is a problem. It started just fine. Hooked up to the wired network. Downloaded 1.50, and then the fun started. The TV is just flashing on and off. PS4 seems to be a brick. [DELETED] The PS4 is now deader than a broken bulb. Way to impress Sony!
GAH!!!!