Posted 4:00pm

PlayStation Store charts, October: Battlefield 4, AC4, rain debut

PS-Store

With the pre-Christmas games rush getting under way in full force, we saw plenty of movement on the PS Store charts over the last four weeks. Nobody could dislodge Grand Theft Auto 5 from the PS3 top spot, but there were big new entries all over the shop, including Battlefield 4 and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PS3; rain and The Wolf Among Us on PSN and Dragon’s Crown and Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita.

Check out the full charts below and let us know what you picked up this month!

PS3 HDD games:

1. Grand Theft Auto V (1)
  2. FIFA 2014 (2)
  3. Battlefield 4 (New)
  4. Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (New)
  5. Dead Island (RE)
  6. Batman Arkham Origins (New)
  7. Devil May Cry HD Collection (RE)
  8. F1 2013 (New)
  9. Sleeping Dogs (RE)
  10. Diablo III (4)

PS3 PSN games:

1. AMY (RE)
  2. Rain (New)
  3. Hotline Miami (RE)
  4. The Wolf Among Us – Season Pass (New)
  5. Flashback (New)
  6. LIMBO (New)
  7. I Am Alive (RE)
  8. The Wolf Among Us – Episode 1: Faith (New)
  9. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (1)
  10. DuckTales: Remastered (2)

PS Vita games:

1. Hotline Miami (9)
  2. LIMBO (RE)
  3. Dragon’s Crown (New)
  4. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (2)
  5. Muramasa Rebirth (New)
  6. Killzone Mercenary (1)
  7. Malicious Rebirth (New)
  8. Worms Revolution Extreme (New)
  9. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (10)
  10. EA SPORTS FIFA 14 (New)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Crash Bandicoot (3)
  2. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (4)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (6)
  5. CTR: Crash Team Racing (7)
  6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (RE)
  7. Final Fantasy VII (9)
  8. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (10)
  9. Final Fantasy VIII (RE)
  10. Final Fantasy IX (RE)

To find out how the charts differed over in North America, check out the US PlayStation Blog.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

supersmith2500 8 November, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   1

AMY number one in the PSN chart? I don’t even.

BigBoyBanksy 8 November, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   2

Any idea if UK/EU customers will be getting a similar package to this when they pick up a PS4 at launch? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/ would like the free £10 psn credit

Fred Dutton 8 November, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

That’s currently a SCEA-only offer. Should a similar promotion become available in EU we’ll let you know details here.

probably because it was less than £1 to buy it. People often have a bit of change in their account from other games, finally found something to buy with it I guess.

#2 … we’re about as likely to get that package, as we are to get an answer that extends past “not sure, I’ll look in to it”

P4G isn’t in the top 10, Yet in the US charts it is like the 5th top game

Fred Dutton 8 November, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

It’s always interesting to see how buying habits differ between US and EU. Great game, but it didn’t make our chart this month.

supersmith2500 8 November, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   6

Fred while you’re here, are we getting any TV apps at launch for PS4 and are we getting any loyalty just like what SCEA did to US as well. Because, I’m getting fed up having nothing from you guys. You’re an awesome company and you make me want to move to Steam. I did get some loyalty from you guys earlier on such as Plus wallpapers and even a free month of Plus but it least give us something good once we get the PS4. :(

Fred Dutton 8 November, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Yes, there will be a range of services available at launch. I can’t confirm a full list today (EU is a rather more complex land mass than North America), but we’ll let you know in the run up to launch.

Please see my comment above regarding the US offer.

supersmith2500 8 November, 2013 @ 4:10 pm   7

@BigBoyBanksy:
US only, *sigh*

supersmith2500 8 November, 2013 @ 4:19 pm   8

@Fred
Thanks for the reply, will Europe get any loyalty rewards/gifts in the future similar to the US?

Regarding the apps, that’s good. I have a feeling most likely LoveFilm and other UK apps will be confirmed and up for launch. Microsoft recently confirmed their apps for the UK at launch. I hate to have a PS4 with no LoveFilm, Netflix, BBC iPlayer and other apps available at launch. Otherwise I’ll still using my PS3 for those.

BigBoyBanksy 8 November, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   9

While I’m hear I thought I’d also ask, Will the list of next month’s IGC go up next week (more than likely Wednesday)? Would like to see what games I’ll be getting across all three platforms. Heard great things about Resogun and Contrast looks quite interesting.

What is this Grand Theft Auto V, is it something people like?

Voodoo341 8 November, 2013 @ 4:32 pm   11

Meaningless without sales numbers. I seriously doubt more than a thousand people bought either BF4 of Fifa 14 off the store at the rip of prices they’re set at. Will SCEE promise to stop the trend of rip off prices on the PS4? Seriously doubt it!

Amy is #1 because it’s like 50p atm.

Nemeth050506 8 November, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   13

It s just shocking how much the US customers get and how little we get although we are the people that supported sony since psOne:
1) No GreatnessExchange
2) No SonyPoints (or what they are called again?)
3) No gift for early PS4 supporters
4) We get our PS4 almost 2 weeks later
5) Less PS3 Games in PS+

I don’t get it. Why is Sony Europe worse than Sony America?
Is our money less of value than the money of Americans?
I think not.

Will we also get an update next week on the mainy IGC Vita titles having their yearly change?

Fred Dutton 8 November, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

No, not as part of next week’s announcement I’m afraid. We’ll confirm details as soon as possible.

loonyspoony 8 November, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   15

It’d be nice to see some kind of loyalty offer for us as well but don’t hold your breath. The plus trial was always meant to be 14 days anyway and is of no use to us who already have it (why not just offer a free amount of days) in fact this is one offer where loyalty is not rewarded. As regards to $10 I can almost guarantee we won’t see that as they will suddenly realise £1 does not equal $1 at the only time it would be advantageous to us.
So they keep 3 PS3 games, get better sales and get a loyalty package we’ll most likely never see as well as having Sony fail to set a RRP on the mega bundle which has meant suppliers like Game screwing the price up to £449. The joy of being a Sony customer.

WELSHDRAGON_74 8 November, 2013 @ 4:52 pm   16

fred i know its off topic SORRY but I cant seem to get u to answer my question… Fred will I be able to pick up a ps4 at retailers that sell ps4 on the 29th I am in wales uk

Game have dropped the Bundle back to £429.99

Only Shopto.net are selling it at 449.99 now. We always get screwed on RRP, but this generation looks to be ridiculous. So much for Sonys promise to make sure games are the same price… although, I was Quite happy to see that my local Supermarket is selling Call of Duty Ghosts for only £40 on Xbox One though

Opt1mus76 8 November, 2013 @ 5:17 pm   18

Hi Fred, this may seem bit of a strange question but will the PS3 wireless Buzz! buzzers and wireless Singstar mics be compatible with PS4 and is there any news on those games for PS4? I always enjoy bit of Buzz at Christmas when I have family over so its a pity there doesn’t seem to be one coming out this year, not even on PS3. And while not so bothered about Singstar, my daughter enjoys it. Just don’t make it a fixture of the menu screens. Kinda tempted to sell the buzzers and mics if they won’t work on PS4 and put money towards another game for launch.
And with PS4′s camera being available at launch is there any chance we’ll see a sequel to Eye of Judgment?

CreditDue 8 November, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   19

Who are these mongs spending £60 on a video game? They clearly have more money than sense

Nemeth050506 8 November, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   20

Fred, you should just confess to us that there won`t be an yearly update of vita games. Please don`t try to hide this fact like you did with the 3rd PS3 game

zalwelgoedgaan 8 November, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   21

People aren’t buying Puppeteer. :/

what about getting a sky go app,and a freeview channels app

btw are you ever going to get rid off that singstar icon ads belong in the ps store not on my xmb

I laughed a little when I saw AMY at #1… I was one of the stupid people that bought it just to see how bad it was. After chapter 5 I immediatly deleted the game from my PS3.

@zalwelgoedgaan

it looks like such a great game i was planning to buy it but the fact it has not sold brilliant makes me think it will go to plus and ill now just hold off.

Glad to see Muramasa and Dragon’s Crown are selling well. I imported both but wll likely double dip on Muramasa when there’s a sale (or PS+ hopefully!) so I can purchase the DLC. Fingers crossed EU localisation will be announced more promptly next time!

I would have pre-ordered Puppeteer if it were on Vita but I’m just not a big fan of platforming on the big screen. I do feel bad as it looks great but the auto-running section has put me off a PS3 purchase. Hopefully it will be ported to Vita.