Posted 10:00am

The PlayStation Blog recap

PlayStation.Blog Recap

So, how’s blockbuster season panning out for you so far? GTA V, FIFA, Battlefield 4, Batman Arkham Origins and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag are now all out in the wild, with Call of Duty: Ghosts joining the fray with much fanfare earlier this week. Which ones have you played? How have they stacked up?

It’s not just been about COD this week on PlayStation Blog. We also debuted new Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun and Gran Turismo footage; launched a new PS Vita system software update; checked in with the DC Universe Online PS4 team and went behind the scenes with the Tearaway crew at Media Molecule. Take a look at all the headlines below.

Do come back next week – it’s shaping up to a big one. We’ll be unveiling December’s PS Plus roster, and covering the North American PS4 launch on Thursday!

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

56 Comments 17 Author replies
Show oldest first

content for psn has been amazing last few weeks ive only played gta V but holding out for ps4 versions of cod:ghosts and battlefield 4. cant wait for 2014!!!

dark_angel69 10 November, 2013 @ 11:11 am   2

Hey Fred, just pointing out an issue a few of us have been having with our Vita. You can see it in the following link:

It starts from comment 76. My problem has been solved last night but it wasn’t fixed properly and still had little issues with it but from this morning it works grand now. The reply of comment 81 (jol12345) had fixed this issue. Just thought I would pass this message onto you so it can be looked into as I’m sure others might be having the problem too.

Why is there nothing about the PS4 on the PSN Store? The US PSN Store is full of videos and content about it. If the EU PSN Store doesn’t have the manpower to put this stuff together then more content should be shared across regions. In terms of apps and content, Sony really need to step up their game with the PS4.

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:33 am

Well, there’s a two week gap between the US and EU launch. You’ll see plenty of content on our Store as launch approaches.

evilwitch83 10 November, 2013 @ 11:22 am   4

Are we going to find out what Gravity Rush and Uncharted are going to be replaced with next week?
Are we going to get our 3rd ps3 game again in December as SCEA did not have their content cut?
Are we going to get a price reduction on the RRP of the PS4 and the games to put them in line with the US prices, along with the psn credit which US is getting with the console?

Didn’t think so.

PS4: great value fortheUSplayers. overpriced fortheEUpayers.

@evilwitch83

The Vita game change will happen in June like always. The Vita games are there for 18 months.

SCEA is a different company. They may have decided to lose the game in December. Wait until then to continue your moaning.

Learn about the taxing structure of the EU and US. They don’t include taxes in the prices. Also we are better paid and more benefits than the US but pay more taxes. You also live on an island so import taxes. I would not be surprised Sony make less profit in the EU just to keep the price down.

Also Europe gets an official bundle. The US do not they get store credit and a discount on Music Unlimited.

Europe got the better deal.

I’m still wondering if we’ll see a new website for gamers, related to the PS4 and its social aspect.
Or will it be only a closed PS4 environment, with the option to interact via PSN app on smartphones & tablets?

I had hope that we’d see something similar to Steam, where you can really contribute, follow your friends or group activities. But so far it just seems that we can upload videos and inform others via Facebook / Twitter?

So far Sony offers just uk.playstation.com/psn/mypsn/friends/ and http://us.playstation.com/community/myfriends/. None provided a satisfying experience, the US even managed to worsen theirs with their last rebuild.

So pretty please, some good news there!

Oh and Fred, do you have any idea about the release date for Destiny of Spirits? The beta got me quite addicted, my Vita hadn’t been used that much for a long time. Probably never! ;)

@AndyMP
Don’t forget that the US release is 2 weeks earlier. Would be logical that they are thus ahead of us with their marking campaign. No guarantee that we’ll see anything at the end of course, but it could be an explanation.

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:37 am

I’ve no firm news on a Destiny of Spirits release date at present. Feedback from the beta is being collated and fed into development. More news as soon as possible.

@Lucreto
As alyways? Seems that you don’t really know what you are talking about.
PS3 yearly content is replaced in June, not Vita.
Those Vita games joined the IGC 21st of November 2012. And they should be replaced after 1 year, which will be in 1.5 weeks.

I do know that but they could easily decided to wait until June and replace the lot at the same time.

I could be wrong and it might change in December. All I know I won’t be here moaning like you and many others if nothing changes.

MaxDiehard 10 November, 2013 @ 12:38 pm   10

@dark_angel69

I had the same issue yesterday when trying to connect to Killzone Mercenary online. It was by luck that I decided to sigh into PSN on the website, there I saw the new ToS.

They need to make a notification of this for Vita.

I don’t know why you think that your attitude is any better Lucreto. Without any kind of official news, you simply assumed that it is supposed to be replaced in 18 months, instead of 12. And even claim it to be “as always”.

“They could easily decided to wait” [sic] is just another perfect example.
Yes, they could easily decide to do whatever they want to do with Plus. But that doesn’t mean that we have to accept it. Or even embrace it in preemptive obedience, as you seem to do.

It is quite simple. Plus is great and it will very likely be great in the near future too. But that they neither managed to communicate the loss of the third PS3 game nor that they can’t confirm anything at all about those expected Vita games, isn’t really an effort that’s worth to congratulate them for a job well done.

It just created completely unnecessary bad vibes. Considering that they want to sell us some hardware soon, I’d simply expect them to act a bit … smarter.

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:49 am

Hey folks. Unfortunately I can’t give you an update on PS Plus today. We’ll have news on December’s games later this week.

Can anyone tell me if us (ps4 geeks) will have to pay monthly subscription for online multiplayer games like the Xbox people? Or will it still be free?

MaxDiehard 10 November, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   13

@TINNY7

You will need a PlayStation Plus Subscription to play multiplayer games online.

You can get either a 90 Day Sub (3 months) or a Yearly Sub (12 months).

You can also get multiple subs as they stack.

hey fred your prob going to be sick of being asked this but ill try again along with others.

when the ps3 yearly games were replaced many people asked if the vita ones would be done at the same time as the previous plus manager had said vita games would be around a while but not quite a year(it was ross or james i dont remember) however chris responded these games would stay until november when they would be rotated out for different yearly titles.

every time someone asks when these titles were being replaced the reply is that theres no info to share which is fine as the titles could still be up in the air ect, however with this date rapidly approaching and still no news to share even next week(when the plus news is coming) people are now rightly becoming a bit dubious if this is actually going to happen.

so i know you cant say what the games are and when we will get them but can you say at this point if the games will be changed for 2 other annual games at all now or has that been dropped altogether?

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Sorry, as above, I’ve no PS Plus update for you today. There will be PS Plus news later this week.

When will the vita yearly games be replaced ?

Juhal_1234 10 November, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   16

WE NEED MORE SALES, MOAR SALES!!!

any sales coming up for PlayStation store? any?…. you can always tell us =D
did we have a rpg sale yet? we should have another one if we did.

im looking for Dmc Devil May Cry to be discounted next week, if not, I’ll just buy it for how much it costs now. :)

also what day next week are we going to find out about PS plus games? i think Wednesday right?

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:51 am

Yes, we have have a new sale almost every week. I generally post details on a Wedensday morning. As for RPGs, we may have something in the pipeline for you…

jimbob12345678 10 November, 2013 @ 4:13 pm   17

Bit of a random question this week fred ;)

Over the last few days I have recieved a handful of messages from ‘playstation’ that look to be the sort of email that one would get had they opted in to getting marketing emails. Things like ‘here’s your november plus update’ and ‘could you be… the last of us?’ (obviously an add for the game :P)

I’ve been on PSN for 5 years and always had that option unchecked and up to now, never had any such messages. It’s not a big deal really but it’s not something I want and I’m just curious if you know why I might suddenly be getting them?

Is it possibly something to do with the new liscence agreement and now that I have accepted it they wont show up again?

Any help would be appriciated :)
Chris

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:52 am

Are you getting these as emails? If so, there should be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.

MaxDiehard 10 November, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   18

@jimbob12345678

Can you forward that message to me? It sounds like spam mail, and I could check it out for you. I’ve got loads over the year.

Hi fred
I pre ordered my ps4 on the 21/02/13 at 05:50
Since I figured I would have been one of the first to pre order then id be one of the first to be offered an upgrade on my pre order. But I wasn’t. So the console bundle I wanted was the one where you get another controller, the camera and killzone for £429 (I think.) I contacted the website I pre ordered from to enquire why I wasn’t offered an upgrade and they said
“Unfortunately due to the unexpected delays of watchdogs and drive club we have stopped upgrading pre orders”
I cannot help but feel slightly annoyed as the bundle will now cost me £492 to buy separately.
I know that watchdogs is a ubisoft game so sony cannot help that but drive club is a sony based game and sony has to take some flak for people like me having to payout more cash.
Is this something sony are going to be making up for?
Will there be any bundle including a controller and camera and game so people like me don’t miss out?

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:56 am

Sorry to hear you’ve had an unsatisfactory experience here. Unfortunately pre-order upgrades are up to the individual retailer in question.

I’ve no news today on any further hardware bundles, but we’ll keep you updated here on PS Blog as and when new SKUs are announced.

MaxDiehard 10 November, 2013 @ 4:27 pm   20

@Mattbrad

It might actually help if you tell us what retailer you preordered from.

Project2insanity 10 November, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   21

Virtue’s Last Reward on Vita is taking up way too much of my nights but I can’t stop playing! So many twists and turns… argh… clever puzzles… grrr… why’s she looking at me like that?… hmm… I feel like my head’s gonna explode… ah… KABOOM!

Dr-abdulelah 10 November, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   22

hello fred
any new update come to youtube app for psvita
because i cant watch all video after last change on youtube

@Mattbrad

I feel your pain

Gamestop.ie only offered the Killzone bundle to people who ordered in the retail shops. I have been prodding them for weeks to get further information and eventually got a response back saying I would lose my place if they updated the order. Yet people who order instore have no problem.

So far they said we would get discounts to make up but nothing has been done.

DoYouLikeMyID 10 November, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   24

@jimbob12345678

Same exact thing happened to me. I have no idea why I suddenly started receiving those emails.

It’s a pretty easy fix though. I just clicked unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.

Still, I too would like to know why this even happened in the first place. I certainly didn’t accept receiving any promotional messages to my email. o.O

Hi Fred,

Any word on what media features will be on the PS4 as launch in Ireland? Any word on a video store even?

Alex-1124 10 November, 2013 @ 5:00 pm   26

Can you tell us which day the December PS+ blog post will go up? It’s going to be a long week! Also I hope you haven’t delayed Guacamelee! a month or two because it was a leaked PS+ title.

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 9:57 am

We’re hoping to have the announcement out on Wednesday, though that is subject to change.

@maxdiehard it was game.co.uk

@lucreto iv not even been offered discounts on anything. It disgusts me that we have to pay full price for everything yet the people who waited to order a bundle will pay less. It shows that waiting pays off. Loyalty means nothing

dark_angel69 10 November, 2013 @ 6:33 pm   28

@Mattbrad
I pre-ordered from the same store as you. Although mine was months after yours and I have been waiting for an upgrade offer also but got nothing. But from reading reviews on the site, I noticed people that pre-ordered theirs AFTER your date and was given the option to upgrade. There is something funny going on there…

Voodoo341 10 November, 2013 @ 6:53 pm   29

Lots of unhappy customers but SCEE charge on regardless.

i have 1 concern to =http://youtu.be/BsSKZfCKxXA

controlers ps4 have problems ??????

Nemeth050506 10 November, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   31

Dear Fred,
I’m very excited about the launch of PS4 and this week Sony will release the console at the US Market. We,Europeans, have to wait untill the 29.11. I’m not happy with it but I think noone can change that.
But I am also unhappy that there is no official release date for the Killzone Bundle in Germany. The german Amazon says that it will be released after the 29.11.(for all of us).
The customer service of Amazon also mentioned that they haven`t a release date for the bundle because Sony doesn`t send them that info. Would you like to enlighten me and other german fans that are waiting for the official release date of that bundle?

Nightmare966 10 November, 2013 @ 7:25 pm   32

Oh, 5 days until the PS4 does technically see the light of day. I’m going to turn crazy as I watch those lucky people post gameplay vids and such in YouTube and similars :P

And we’re just two weeks away from 8no pun intended) Tearaway! Now that’s something I’m excited for!

As for this week, personal highlights go to the Vita 3.00 update for the much anticipated PS4 Link, and personally, the awesome news that JAW still support Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath even this late. Those guys are great, you should let them handle something completely new… :)

@monoliet

Saw the video before and the news article about it. I don’t think it is true. The pictures I have seen have scraps like people using their nails.

Most problems have happened in shops with high amount of use and abuse. It is not uncommon for the controller to be replaced once a month in retail shops.

WarWarWar23 10 November, 2013 @ 8:41 pm   34

I still haven’t received my voucher code for Ratchet: Gladiator as promised, for the QForce Vita version huge delay.

And everyone ignores me by e-mail, I’m really disappointed in the way you handle your loyal fans.

CostaPablo 10 November, 2013 @ 9:10 pm   35

Hey guys :)
I have a question! Since I ordered a Mega Bundle here in Portugal, and since the bundle is only coming December 13th ( :( ) can I still get the PLUS games of November for PS4?!

@CostaPablo
Yes, you should. For the US they already promised that you’ll have access to PS4 IGC content via the webstore. EU should manage the same.

@Project2insanity
Yep, Last Virtue was amazing. One of my top 3 Vita games so far. Still hold a grudge with that game though, because … can’t tell without spoilers. ;)

@Fred: Do we also get info on the yearly Vita titles on wednesday or just our PS+ december update? I would like to know what happens to the Vita titles. If you or Chris cant give us any info about the yearly Vita titles i would like to know who we can contact or have someone who can give us that info make a blogpost.

Fred Dutton 11 November, 2013 @ 10:03 am

As soon as that information is finalised, you will learn about it here on the Blog.

@Fred: Those titles should change around 21 nov. so thats only 10 days from now. I dont believe that info isnt available yet. Who can we contact that is able to give us that info?

Fred you just said

But surely Sony have to take some of the responsibility for delaying there game and therefore limiting the bundles for the retailer.

Hey fred would it be possible to make the Bullfrog games like Theme hospital, Theme park, and Populous to work on the PS Vita? they have worked on the PSP and PS3 since the store started so just hoped you could make them compatible.

And since I assume you need to go over these games again anyway to make them compatible with PS4 :)

@mdogg91
Older games aren’t made compatible with the PS4. Gaikai will stream games “as they are”. It simply delivers the on screen result to your PS4. Control mechanisms are adapted, that’s all.

I’m pleased to say i finally got my watchdogs bundle changed to Assassins creed 4 Epic Bundle which also includes 3 Blu Ray dvds, charging stand and two games for £535 at GAME. Roll on 29th :)

evilwitch83 11 November, 2013 @ 2:18 pm   43

@Lucreto
I have been taking tax into account. Even with the tax added on, the PS4 should be about £310, so they are still overcharging us by around £40.

PS4: great value fortheUSplayers. overpriced fortheEUpayers.

fred
update list of games/aps on ps4 ?

WarWarWar23 11 November, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   45

@Fred Dutton

Ok, I registered.

@Fred Dutton
I’m also one of those that didn’t receive code for Ratchet: Gladiator HD. I bought Q-Force on 24th February. Got no answer through email. Can you help me please?

Ok i know this is off topic but why is Star Ocean the last hope international not in web store ? i really like that game want to buy.

supersmith2500 11 November, 2013 @ 4:41 pm   48

The Plus can wait, I’m patient with them I bet we get 2x PS4 Games on PS4 launch, 2x Vita Games and 2x PS3 Games and I bet 2 of them will be Gaucamelee and Hotline Miami.

@supersmith2500

lol they have already said we get 2 ps4 game at launch and from now on get 2 ps3 and 2 vita games so your not exactly making a guess with that prediction and as the devs thought Gaucamelee was free this month and its no its highly likely it will be next month.

anonymus212 11 November, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   50

Hi Fred,

I asked on the Recap last week if you would be able to find out the dimensions of the PS4 Mega Bundle – were you able to find any info?

Thanks!