Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation Plus in December: Resogun, Guacamelee, GRID 2, more

Explosion_1383908597

Hi everyone! It’s a very exciting time here at PlayStation as we edge ever closer to the launch of PS4. As promised, PlayStation Plus will be with you from day one, ushering you into the next generation of console gaming with two incredible launch titles and access to immersive online multiplayer.

PlayStation 4 games:
First up, we are very pleased to welcome RESOGUN to the Instant Game Collection. As the spiritual successor to Super Stardust, RESOGUN is a side scrolling shoot-em-up with a unique and distinctive art style that really showcases the power of PS4. It also takes advantage of multiplayer functionality to fully utilise the PS4′s online features to create amazing social experiences.

Next up from our friends at Compulsion Games comes stylish platformer Contrast. Taking on the role of Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi, you have the power to shift from the 3D world into a 2D shadowscape.

Didi’s family isn’t perfect – her mother is a cabaret singer focused on her career, and her father isn’t around anymore. As her imaginary best friend, you must use your shadow-shifting abilities to solve complex puzzles and help Didi investigate the secrets that lie behind her troubled family.

And don’t forget, a PlayStation Plus membership will also provide you with access to PS4 online multiplayer.

PlayStation 3 games:
Buckle up – your first PS3 title is Codemasters adrenaline-fuelled racer GRID 2. Whether you’re competing online or solo, GRID 2 offers a fantastic blend of arcade and simulation racing. This is a game that wants you to experience the thrill of street racing combined with terrific handling, gorgeous environments, and a broad selection of event types.

GRID2_Screenshot_100

Next up is Drinkbox Studios‘ acclaimed Cross Buy platformer Guacamelee! Inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore, the game builds upon a classic open-world Metroidvania structure by adding a strong melee combat component, a dimension switching mechanic, and co-operative same-screen multiplayer.

PS Vita games:
First up, join Sonic and friends in the highly addictive Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.

Sonic Racing

Last but certainly not least, I’m very excited to announce that you’ll be able to download Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories from 27th November. Take on the role of Toni in the troubled Liberty City, where warring mafia groups are ruling the streets through organised crime and political corruption. No one can be trusted and it’s up to you to clean up!

In addition to the great games mentioned above, PS Plus members will also have access to a range of big discounts this month. Keep checking PlayStation Blog for regular updates on new savings.

But that’s not all; PlayStation Plus members now get access to the TuneIn app for free by simply visiting PlayStation Store and hitting the download button! TuneIn is the world’s most popular service for listening to live, online radio. With over 70,000 AM, FM and internet radio stations. Non PS Plus members can take advantage of Cross Buy benefits when they purchase the application on either PS Vita or PS3.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy
27th November: MotorStorm RC
27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: GRID 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more, visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also sign up through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

633 Comments 19 Author replies
Show oldest first

Alphaembryo 13 November, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   1

7/10

wish i could get a ps4 right away =(

Shadowmancer88 13 November, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   3

PSP games are now part of the Vita’s IGC now?

BigBoyBanksy 13 November, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   4

Wow what a stella month, this has been the first month in a while where I know I will play all the games that are on offer, keep up the good work guys.

When will PS4 games and PS4 Accessories start shipping in the UK/EU?

Would be nice to get them before the console :P

any idea when we will be seeing the 2 all year round vita games change?

Pretty weak Vita content there. A PSP title? Really?
The US got Soul Sacrifice.

Not particularly overwhelmed… but looking forward to Resogun, Contrast and Guacamelee! Bring on PS4!

robertsoneuan92 13 November, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   9

Nice games, wish GTA:LCS had trophy support though.

When are the permanent Vita games being replaced (Uncharted and Gravity Rush)?

Fred Dutton 13 November, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

Hey folks. Chris is away from his desk for a few hours. He’ll jump in and answer questions later today.

Regarding the PS Vita titles, Gravity Rush and Uncharted will remain in the service for the foreseeable future.

pinkplaybunny 13 November, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   10

Hmm not really much of interest there for me this month. But to be honest i don’t mind as i have so much backlog and my PS4 coming next week with at least two games..

Cue people complaining about only two PS3 games on offer again…

PsychoDantis 13 November, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   11

I noticed the US Plus still gets three PS3 games. Why the discrepancy?

Also, Liberty City Stories feels kind of like cheaping out. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. :/

RedSquirrel87 13 November, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   12

Ehi Chris, any news about Dokuro in the IGC in the near future?

Love it!! When does this update comes online? First week in december or sooner?

Avengerrr 13 November, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   14

LOVING the sonic game. I was so hoping it would be Sonic racing for the Vita and it is. That is seriously enough for me, but GRID 2 also? damn that’s good. Lovely to see Guacamelee as well, play that on PS3 and then pick up where I left off on my Vita at Uni.

A little disappointed that there’s no Annual update for Vita, and that GTA (a PSP game) is there, though I’ll give it a try. Also that I have to wait until the 27th, I want to play Sonic as soon as :P

Chris Howe 13 November, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

Make sure you keep an eye out on the PS Forums for some racing challenges set by our friends at Codemasters!

First month I can say: So disappointed about the PS3 games. Last month the only good game lasted 5/6 hours, this month I won’t play any. Seems like Plus is losing quality.

KaiserMEX 13 November, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   16

Thank you PS+ gods, for finally putting a decent racing game in the PS+ Collection

centricbyte 13 November, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   17

So ps vita yearly games aren’t changing in December either? Lol when will they be changing? Weren’t they put in November last year?

Not too interested in Decembers IGC additions, besides PS4, but not every month is going to be for everyone. I’m hoping there’ll be some good sales instead :)

I’m fine with the Psp game addition, providing we don’t get storms of them like NA ps+..

AshesArise 13 November, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   18

Another month that isn’t for me, oh well guess i’ll download the ps4 titles even though im not picking one up till sometime after E3 next year. Really hope january is a better month cause so far the past 2 months worth of content wasn’t for me, not that im ungrateful or anything.

Pretty good month there, will definitely by playing Grid 2 and Sonic, then Resogun on PS4.
But what about Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita? These were originally going to be swapped in the summer and have now been up for a year.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed! Got it on PS3 – best kart racing game I’ve ever played (sorry CTR and Mario Kart).

Can I load PS3 save on Vita?

AshesArise 13 November, 2013 @ 1:10 pm   21

@15 i agree with you

loonyspoony 13 November, 2013 @ 1:11 pm   22

So we are now down to one retail PS3 game and one PSN, we have one vita game and one PSP game, is anyone else starting to see a deterioration in PS+ offering.
Hopefully the vita annual update can restore my faith, also the inclusion of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is a positive.

I won’t be buying a ps4 until next year. Can I add the ps4 games to my download list so they can be downloaded once I own a ps4?

Chris Howe 13 November, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

PS4 games will only show up on the PS4 Store and web store.

You will be able to add these games to your download list via the web store but not via the PS3 store.

Meh, I guess the PS4 titles are nice however I think I’ll be sticking to my retail titles on my next gen system. The PS3 titles are really underwhelming for me, not a racing fan at all. Oh well, there’s always next month.

Hi Chris,
when can we expect to get news for the replacement title U:GA & GR?
or don’t you change them at all?
And last question do you know when Destiny of Spirits gets released? :)

Thx

Chris Howe 13 November, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

We do not have any plans to change Uncharted Golden Abyss or Gravity Rush at this time.

Sorry I have no information to share on Destiny of Spirits at this time

tired-hippo 13 November, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   26

Pretty weak month for PS3 :(

Avengerrr 13 November, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   27

@comment 11 Agreed. 2 PS3 games and a PSP title filling in for Vita feels like the service is wavering from the last legendary year of games that we’ve had.

But to be honest we can all drop out of Plus whenever we like, or just use it for multiplayer on PS4. IGC can’t be super brilliant for everyone every month.

Pretty disappointed in the PSVita content, while USA got Soul Sacrifice. Was actually looking forward to see it in EU PS+ too.

Guacamelee I already bought at launch. Buying PS4 I delayed after DriveClub was delayed into 2014. So I guess at this point in time it’ll be only Grid 2 to download.

chrisboers 13 November, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   29

Hmmm PS Plus is definitely becoming weaker now that PS4 is added to the game. It was stated that adding PS4 games wouldn’t influence the Vita/PS3 offering, but seeing last two months, that is definitely not the case. One PS3 game less, PSP games for Vita, no rollover of the yearly Vita games. Plus, Sonic Racing? Really?

Nope, not really a positive development. Hope you’ll have better news next month!

michaelf-74 13 November, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   30

an interesting mix.

I’ll be getting a PS4 next year, so the two games are a welcome inclusion, even if I can’t play them for some months.

Whilst I bought Guacamelee in the cross-buy sale, I’m happy with the remaining content for both PS3 and Vita. GTA LC Stories is the only PSP GTA I don’t have and so happy with this.

I expect to already own one or possibly more games in the IGC these days (especially the Vita ones) but if Sony are dabbling in the PSP back catalogue, that’s fine with me.

Great games, though I already have a couple. HAppy to see the very very best psp games on vita occasionally, but not too often.

Also-I bet a lot of folk will be disappointed to read there are no plans to change the IGC vita ‘annual’ games.

loonyspoony 13 November, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   32

Oh no vita annual update, what is going on here surely someone can clarify it for us.

If I don’t have a PS4 can I still claim those Plus benefits (say through the browser store) and download them when I do get a PS4 early next year?

Wow, the after an amazing month we get a very disappointing one. PS4 games might be interesting, but that’s it for me.

Btw are we ever going to get Devil May Cry in the IGC or not? Been waiting for that game since summer to enter IGC and so far I’ve been let down month after month.

Secondly, are Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush ever going to be replaced or should we consider them als permanent games for some reason… ??

Chris Howe 13 November, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

You know we can’t talk about what’s coming in the future but I’m sure you won’t be dissapointed for too much longer

As above we don’t have any plans to change the VITA games at moment, we may look at this again next year

vita games are weak just weak! were is vita yearly update? tell a date please

chrisboers 13 November, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   36

So, I guess Uncharted and Gravity Rush are not any longer to be called ‘yearly’ content then?

And US have Soul sacrifice…

PHEEliNUX 13 November, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   38

Eh? Liberty City Stories?
That is something i wouldn’t even touch for the PSP, Since i don’t like GTA anymore

The update looks pretty nice, I was already planning to renew my plus before Revengeance and Remember Me roll out

huffytonge 13 November, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   39

Brilliant update. Resogun was Day One for my PS4 anyways and Contrast looks amazing plus GTA LCS will keep my Vita happy aswell. This is all just making the rest of November more unbearable till the 29th finally gets here.

aarjen116 13 November, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   40

This update is freaking amazing!!!!!

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 13 November, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   41

Spent many happy hours on the PC version of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (along with the original) so really looking forward to playing the PS Vita version. Nice to see a racing theme with Grid 2 as well. Heard many great things about Guacamelee! so I am also looking forward to that one.

INTERista_DMC 13 November, 2013 @ 1:20 pm   42

RoboAddy

the vita will get 3 games one of them is PSP game so it’s okay

Guacamelee!(Cross Buy)
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

So we get 2 ps4 indie titles, 1 ps3 indie title instead of 2 AAA titles cause of losing 1 ps3 title, 1 PSP title. And 2 yearly vita titles are gone also. PS Plus in the EU is going downward very quick.

I also asked several times to forward the question why we lost a ps3 title and the US didnt and why the yearly Vita titles arent replaced but still didnt get an answer. Seems we are back to the days the PS3 launched and Sony had a very arrogant attitude. X1 is becoming more attrative every day.

animtor_brent 13 November, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   44

SWT!

Well by the time i get my PS4 i should have a pretty nice backlog of games… PS3 game is ok, not really a race fan but still will play it. So glad I didnt buy Guacamelee in the Crossbuy Sale and you give me Sonic for Vita!

To be honest, Unchatred PSVita and Gravity Rush, If they stay, they stay. I know allot of people who dont have a Vita yet but want one when PS4 comes… Great games to start with!

Might not be the right place to ask, but is there any news on R&C Into the Nexus for the Vita?

I must say I find this month a bit disappointing I rather would have had ps- all stars battle royale instead of grid .
But that doesn’t really matter I was wondering is there a chance for a ps3 disgaea game to end up in the IGC. Or a different J-rpg/ S-rpg.
I must say i did/still enjoy the games from past months.

I have waaaaaaaaay too many free games to play! (Not a complaint mind you ;) )

Was just wondering; I’m planning on getting a PS4 after Christmas, so as to not miss any great free titles with Plus in between now and then, is there a way I can order them now for when my PS4 comes? Thanks.

Shoryukenaga 13 November, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   47

@22 if understand correctly there will be no Vita annual update. very sad news.

PS+ is required for multiplayer on PS4
Sony can drastically reduce the quality/quantity of the PS+ games.
Most people will keep their PS+ for the multiplayer (and to keep their PS+ games).

A PSP game? are you seruous? Well its the first badish plus update we’ve had so its all good. The ps4 plus games are awesome of course but giving a PSP game is messed up

heymrbooze 13 November, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   49

Very disappointing, Resogun looks awesome but it will be a while before i get a ps4, not big on racing and i’d rather play Most Wanted if i want to have a spin, so only Guacamelee to look forward to, which i do so that’s nice :D But still, the plus value is dropping hard i feel.

Anyway good for people who like their racers, enjoy!

I can understand the PSP title, there simply aren’t enough PS Vita games out there for a quality title every month. So it’s either a rubbish Vita game or a good PSP game.

Load all