Posted 15 November

Uncharted on PS4 and The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC on PS3 revealed!

Uncharted_TLOU_blog_header

This has been an incredible week at Naughty Dog as we were getting ready for two major reveals – both of which blew up the Spike TV PS4 All Access launch extravaganza.

We premiered our first teaser trailer for The Last of Us: Left Behind, a single-player DLC campaign coming early next year. But we weren’t done with announcements quite yet; we had one more treat for our fans – a teaser video that confirms we are working on an Uncharted game on the PlayStation 4 system!

Check out both videos below.

The Last of Us: Left Behind, is Naughty Dog’s first ever single-player DLC. Bruce, Neil, and the rest of the team are getting close to wrapping work on this new campaign, which will meet the quality and gameplay that you’ve come to expect with The Last of Us, along with a few surprises. Check out the teaser trailer below for a glimpse of what’s to come.

She’s back! Ashley Johnson reprises her role as Ellie in The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player DLC. Left Behind takes place while Ellie is attending a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone, prior to meeting Joel and the events in the main campaign of The Last of Us.

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

TLOU_LB_keyart

Bringing Riley to life through our performance capture process is the talented Yaani King, who we had the pleasure of working with on the DLC.

If you just can’t wait until the DLC drops to get more of The Last of Us, go out immediately and read the Dark Horse comic series, The Last of Us: American Dreams – which is conveniently available in the recently released paperback collection. I cannot recommend this series enough and it’s even more relevant now, as in the comic you will learn more about how Ellie and Riley first became friends, giving you even more insight into Ellie’s story in The Last of Us universe. And it’s also just plain great!

TLOU_AD_TPB_cover

The Last of Us: Left Behind will be releasing in early 2014 – we will announce a specific date as soon as we iron out all the details. The awesome news is that Left Behind is included in the The Last of Us Season Pass, which also includes a ton of multiplayer DLC, and is the best deal you can get for all the DLC content we’ve planned to release – over 75% worth of savings compared to buying all the DLC separately.

But wait, we’re not done just yet…

We have great news for all our Uncharted fans – Amy, Justin, and the team are hard at work on an amazing new installment of the Uncharted series to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 system. Our goal is to continue what we’ve done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4.

Check out the teaser – voiced by a mysterious character – below.

There isn’t much more we can say right now about The Last of Us: Left Behind and even less about our Uncharted project, but feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below. Believe me – we can’t wait to shed more light on both of these projects to our fans.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Naughty Dog x2. I’m throwing money at the screen.

Take my money. TAKE IT!

Yes! Finally something about uncharted I’m so going to buy them

LordDagoth4 15 November, 2013 @ 4:55 am   4

Great job, looking forward to Uncharted. When I’m 18 i’ll go get The Last of Us.
What’d be even better is another Jak and Daxter game. I know ND said they discussed it and felt that they couldn’t do justice to the series, but what if you opened up to the gamers for ideas? Maybe a competition where people can give you story ideas and the best gets a prize. The Precursor Legacy is, in my opinion the greatest game of all time, and I really think the series needs more.

Hopefully we will see you at VGA with a little more then a teaser :)

Thank you for these reveals, it’s made it well worth staying up in the morning chill.

My PS3 won’t be left behind for some months yet. ;)

cooldudematt 15 November, 2013 @ 5:09 am   7

This was the best news of the entire show considering after Naughty Dog left the show was an utter shambles. Anyway ND, Please confirm something for me in the coming months. Nolan North to return as my favorite PlayStation character; Nathan Drake. It wouldn’t be Uncharted without Nate.

Revilo1979 15 November, 2013 @ 5:13 am   8

This is incredible news!!! Great way to start a Friday!

Humbled and not quite worthy of this unprecedented support and love from you guys. Keep making such masterpieces.

bilalsouda 15 November, 2013 @ 6:43 am   10

Finally Uncharted on PS4!!!
i am glad that i getting the console because i knew this would happen :)

The Uncharted games are the best thing about Playstation! Its like playing a movie. Great story, humor and action! Loved the “Thats what she said” scene on the VIta, it was just hilarious. You guys are the best. This is one of the few games I would preorder for sure.

Edvardcooper 15 November, 2013 @ 7:43 am   12

I loved Uncharted 3 and now a new uncharted game is coming to ps4? Naughty Dog rocks!

Is this just the story of the prequel comic? Or that ‘ending’ to Riley we already know about anyway because Ellie told us at the end of the game?

Pretty lame if either.

dark_angel69 15 November, 2013 @ 8:49 am   14

OMG OMG OMG I’M SO EXCITED! Uncharted for PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy days!!!!!!! :D

Willie699 15 November, 2013 @ 8:52 am   15

Hodie mecum eris in paradiso.

This day, you shall be with me in paradise.

Hmm. Uncharted, bring it on.

I was hoping for new characters, like Ish or something, however I have never played anything less than great made by naughty dog soI am sure I shall enjoy the hell out of the DLC.

As for Uncharted PS4 made by naughty dog, what can I say other than, excited!

teetboy71 15 November, 2013 @ 9:29 am   17

Wow!!!

Also I hope the new Uncharted is more Among Thieves, than it is Drakes Deception.

spudgun93 15 November, 2013 @ 9:32 am   19

AHHH, An uncharted game on PS4! It will look like angels carved each scene! Keep up the great work Naughty Dog!

wils_69nd_u 15 November, 2013 @ 10:03 am   20

Fantastic news cannot wait to play both! The Uncharted voice sounds like Troy Baker

Well UC3 was the worst UC game so atleast try not to do the same mistakes again. Like having a cast of plot advancing characters which you just cut off in the middle of the game (Chloe and Charlie). Have you seen any movie where some of the (important and interesting) characters are just left out from half way through of the movie never to be heard again. I haven’t. And no late character additions like you did with Salim. That guy didn’t add anything to the story except being there to save Nate from the desert and goons. NOTHING ELSE!
Karl Schäfer atleast had major role to advance the plot and a reason to take care of Nate.

And no sidetracking from the main plotline. The boat section was there to be a cool looking set piece. Nothing more. It didn’t add anything to the story or the character progression. It had no use at all for the overal plot.

Add some replayability. I don’t see anything good in a pipe runs. More open and not too scripted game like the UC games have been. There is little to no reason to replay the game after the first time. And not talking about third or fourth times.

Early 2014? You’re killing me, Naughty Dog. I was hoping for TLoU DLC this year

mysterious voice over from potential new main character? could uncharted be the second big sony franchise to use a new main character on ps4(infamous)

Number9dream68 15 November, 2013 @ 11:19 am   24

yeh great news,only thing is i was gonna trade in my ps3 when i was picking up a ps4,but now with that dlc,and with gta online dlc im gonna have to keep my ps3 an find another 100pound towards ps4,cos basically there is no way im missing out on the last of us,ah well i suppose its a good position to be in,just have to convince my gf now,lol

pougalbear 15 November, 2013 @ 11:26 am   25

The reason I got a PS3 was Uncharted. Played them all and can’t wait to see number 4 hit the PS4. Watch Dogs was the game I was longing for that has just changed.

libertine1066 15 November, 2013 @ 11:53 am   26

great news!

Great that Uncharted will remain with us. But that was kind of expected. News and trailer didn’t really fuel my desire to get a PS4 right now, I don’t expect the game to appear before October ’14.

Awesome, I’m happy for the new Uncharted, but… Could you guys finally give Vita some love? Everybody is hoping for your game for the platform.

Two questions: How long will the DLC be and what month will it launch on? Super excited, The last of us is one of my top five games! The only bad thing is that I have to go back to ps3…

darkdudes_2 15 November, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   30

pls answer^^

are you a bunch of gods bringing us the best games in gaming hstory?^^
take my money pls, you deserve it!!!

Coody-Baroody 15 November, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   31

@ Arne Meyer

Can you please restore my faith in Sony 1st party developers using 3D going forward into PS4 and include 3D support in Uncharted 4 like you did Uncharted 3? 3D was good on PS3 but it’s real home would be on PS4 surely with its insane power?

Please ND give us back our 3D?

when are we getting uncharted kart racing?

you know the internets would be all over it ;)

DoYouLikeMyID 15 November, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   33

I can’t wait for the new Uncharted on PS4!

I love The Last of Us, and I think it’s the best game you guys have ever made, but I’m just much more excited about the new Uncharted. I’d much rather have a new than dlc for a game I believe has already told the story it wanted to tell.

That doesn’t mean I’m not excited for The Last of Us dlc. I’m just so much more excited for Uncharted on PS4! :)

chriscash4768 15 November, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   34

this needs to come out today love the last of us

@hayzink

I think you mean Unkarted ;)

Fish_Goes_Moo 15 November, 2013 @ 5:36 pm   36

Single player DLC, nice. Shame I won’t be buying it until you uncensor the EU mp so we have the same content as NA.

For the benefit of others, will the DLC be censored? And to be specific, will it have the same content as the NA version? or is this something you intend to keep under wraps until we work it out ourselves, like the censorship on EU copies.

PS4 Uncharted. Now you have a chance to censor a next-gen game.

TehPunizher 15 November, 2013 @ 7:01 pm   37

in Naughty Dog we trust <3

BLUE_GANGSTA_10 16 November, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   38

please give this game the next gen upgrade

Uncharted is my favorite franchise this gen. I always thought I’d be happy if Naughty Dog did something different with next-gen, but the second I saw the Uncharted logo on the reveal, I got the biggest grin on my face. Very happy to see another Uncharted game from Naughty Dog!

as long as nathan drake will be in new uncharted, nothing will stop me buying this magnificent masterpiece