Posted 26 November

New updates, maps coming soon to Killzone Mercenary

Map2b

Hi everyone. Amongst all the excitement for the launch of PS4 and, of course, Killzone Shadow Fall, here at Guerrilla Cambridge we’ve still been busily working away on Killzone Mercenary. We’re now very pleased to announce that there will be a number of updates coming over the next few months.

First up is Update 3. In terms of functionality there will only be minimal changes but this is the patch that reduces the size of the other patches! After installing this patch it will free up around 800MB of space for those who have already installed Updates 1 and 2. Update 3 should be ready in the next few weeks.

Map1aMap1b

Update 4 is due in January and is being designed to improve Matching and to help reduce join-game connectivity problems, as well as adding an auto team-rebalancing feature.

Following that is the big one – Update 5, which includes two new MP maps for FREE; and the release of offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes (price TBC).

Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing KZM on Vita TV (only applicable to territories where Vita TV is available).

We hope you enjoy the additions to Mercenary. Happy gaming!

Map2a

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

36 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thank you!
Offline battles with bots will be great!!!
Team auto-balance was much needed and the 2 new MP will make me come back to the best vita shooter!
Great work!

Botzone sounds sweet.

Yasir_Said 26 November, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   3

Well done guys! Well done!!

Every single one of those updates sounds awesome (hopefully retail users save a bit of space too?)

But free maps… AND BOT MODE! GG_GG. <3 thank you all, happy to buy those modes.

‘Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing KZM on Vita TV’

That’s pretty cruel to mention considering hardly anyone owns Vita TV what with it not being in europe :(

“Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing KZM on Vita TV.”

Does this mean that Vita TV will be out sometime in 2014?

Or is this Japan only?

my_son_roo 26 November, 2013 @ 7:23 pm   6

The implication is that Vita TV is coming to Europe. Day one for me!!!

Keep up the good work. The game is excellent as it is, but free maps! You’re spoiling us!

Pretty much confirms a worldwide vita TV launch, sometime next year.

hell yeah botzone and warzone i have hoped for that and 2 new maps damn i hope those will release quick

dark_angel69 26 November, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   9

These are some great news. Looking forward to the updates

This is Tharsis Refinery and Blood Gracht? I love these maps from KZ2, but whether they will be reduced for mercenary or sizes will be saved?

I just hope update 4 will finally fix the MP for me, haven’t been able to play since the last one. I keep getting disconnected within minutes (sometimes not even 1min) after joining a game.

supersmith2500 26 November, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   12

This is why I love Guerrilla Games. They know their stuff. = )

XDerKleineX 26 November, 2013 @ 8:40 pm   13

@supersmith2500: But… do you like Guerilla Cambridge? (Guerilla Games and Guerilla Cambridge are not the same thing!)

HarryT_UK 26 November, 2013 @ 8:44 pm   14

Thanks for your continued support, great stuff!

Nice timing! Just bought the game yesterday!

loadstone007s 26 November, 2013 @ 8:52 pm   16

Amazing news! Love this game and the Vita in particular!
More AAA games please!

greekgoddj 26 November, 2013 @ 9:03 pm   17

Great news! Looking forward to the updates

Wow!! im so happy right now thank you Sony and Guerilla Cambridge appreciate it

Glad to see that GC are still hard at work, trying to fix issues and deliver more content. Looking forward to these updates (especially Botzone, since online matches seem difficult to come by).

mulletboyjay 26 November, 2013 @ 9:41 pm   20

Tharsis Refinery and Blood Gracht???
Love KZ:M – just started playing it again this week after a long break!

Captain9Fingers 26 November, 2013 @ 10:27 pm   21

Brilliant :) Free up 800MB that’s what I like to hear. Thank you

AWESOME!! Can’t wait for new maps :) And new trophies :P 800 MB less is gonna be sweet, sounds almost unbelievable. Great job!

This is cool, but could you clarify something? I’m hoping I’m just reading this wrong, but are you actually going to be charging for the ability to play against bots?

“Update 5, which includes two new MP maps for FREE; and the release of offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes (price TBC”

The way this is worded with price tbc at the end makes it sound like you are going to charge for that. If that is the case then….ugh.

#23 Man, give the devs some slack. I mean, I bet it was hard for them to code in botzone into Killzone: Mercenary. Not to mention on a handheld. I definitely think it’s worth the money. I will support them. They are giving you two free maps. That alone is something you should be happy about, because not many developers release free maps these days for their games.

x_UltimaTOOL_x 27 November, 2013 @ 1:43 am   25

So much love for an awesome game!! thanks alot!!! great news..

just one thing:
the multiplayer leaderboard didnt update properly in week 4 or 5.
can we get our actual stats uploaded??
someone at guerilla owes me roughly 400.000 vektos :D

tony-juice 27 November, 2013 @ 7:14 am   26

maaaan, today is my birthsday – i’m 30. maaaaan, i want present from playstation :)

Genki-Rocket 27 November, 2013 @ 8:03 am   27

Any chance of a PS4 port of this using the Shadow Fall engine?

No brainer if you ask me :D

vectormatic 27 November, 2013 @ 9:28 am   28

Awesome news, just two questions:

1) the US blog post didnt mention price TBC for the botmode update, i hope us europeans will be getting equal treatment to the americans? I’d be fine with paid DLC myself though, KZM is one of the best vita games out there, and i’d love to show my support for the awesome support it’s been getting post-release

2) the US blog post also didnt mention the disclaimer about the Vita TV only being available in some regions, does this mean the update is only for japan, or will the vita TV be coming to NA and some countries in the EU? I’d love to get one myself

hajime-smith 27 November, 2013 @ 9:48 am   29

Great new!
I hope that more AAA titles like KZM come to Vita.

Best game by far on the vita! Thanks Guerrilla, cant wait for the updates.

Great job cambridge you do care about your game and that’s why i’m buying this game soon. I rant my friends game and this game is getting boring thank god you guys adding new stuff and not stop support the game. I give credit.

Killzone 2 maps…..yeah!!!!!!!!

Steve_Of_The_O 27 November, 2013 @ 8:24 pm   33

Literally posted in the Killzone forums yesterday that I hoped there was something in the pipeline for this game. Thank you!!

Steve_Of_The_O 27 November, 2013 @ 8:39 pm   34

By yesterday I meant the 25th this being a blogpost on the 26th and me being at work all day not realising we’re currently on the 27th. I work for Cyberdyne system so dates get confusing o.O

Hi :D Finally patch size reduction. Will it be possible to fit into 4GB mem card? Because for now im stuck with it and would like to play MP matches :D
BR

Great news thank you Guerrilla :)