Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation 4 launch entertainment apps revealed

Lead image Vu-braviaps4-swfsh-EUen_1385391599

PlayStation has always been dedicated to offering players a rich variety of entertainment options alongside the core gaming experience, and with PS4 we’re very happy to continue that tradition.

Today I can confirm the full list of entertainment apps that will be available at launch for PS4 this Friday. In total, 18 services will be available across the SCEE region, with one more following on 4th December. And it doesn’t end there. An additional 20+ apps will follow between now and Spring 2014, including the likes of TuneIn, Game One, Filmo TV and MUBI.

All of the services listed below can be enjoyed without subscribing to PlayStation Plus. Take a look and let us know which ones you’re looking forward to booting up.

Releasing 29th November:

• Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
  • Video Unlimited (Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
  • IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
  • BBC iPlayer (UK)
  • VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK)
  • Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)
  • Netflix (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK)
  • BBC Sports (UK)
  • BBC News (UK)
  • Wuaki.tv (Spain)
  • Total Channel (Spain)
  • Demand5 (UK)
  • Maxdome (Germany, Austria)
  • RTBF (Belgium)
  • NOS Sports (Netherlands)
  • Ximon (Belgium, Netherlands)
  • Watchever (Germany)
  • Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)

Releasing 4th December:

• Quickflix (Australia, New Zealand)

mu-bravia-ps4flow-EUen_1385391567

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

247 Comments 48 Author replies
Show oldest first

So when can we expect to see Crunchyroll on the ps4?

YAY !!!! we get ……

Vid-Zone.. :/

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

Hi! We will have some news about Portugal soon… Cant say just yet though. Watch this space :)

I’m so pleased both Lovefilm and Netflix made it for launch, and unlike the Xbox One we get the iPlayer! So much for it being the best media hub available!

Are these more than on xBox too? :-)

nice :) could do with a few more though… Flixter?

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

An additional 20+ apps will follow between now and Spring 2014. Keep watching the blog for more updates!

turbogeek421 26 November, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   6

Need to get the SingStar app on PS4. It’s our goto party app!

Kellerassl 26 November, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   7

I hate this only IGN, VidZone and Maxdome in Austria.

It´s not your fault Sony, but its so sad for us :(
Hate our local ORF

Big surprise, no Video Store for Ireland.

Fred, we were promised that this service would roll out to more regions by Andrew House back in 2009 and nothing has happened.

Will you share with the community the road-map for when this service will expand beyond six SCEE countries? You can’t keep leaving your consumers in the dark and expecting them to just except no information. It’s extremely poor customer service. Or at least admit that the Video Store will NEVER come to other countries. Show us some respect and be honest with us.

Thank you.

mulletboyjay 26 November, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   9

Sweden disappoints, yet again :(

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

Hello Sweden! Im glad to confirm that VidZone will be launching in Sweden on PS4. Apologies this was missed of the list!

VidZone will also be launching in France.

Brodiesan 26 November, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   10

“Accept” no information, even.

Youtube??

MadMaxMcPickAxe 26 November, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   12

Yoochoob.

As usual nothing for Poland :-(

What is with the entertainment services in Poland?! We are situated in Europe too!! …

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

Hi There, thanks for the feedback. We are working hard to bring even more services to Europe in the near future.

Splutterbug 26 November, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   15

Netflix at launch for PS4, any chance we can see it on the Vita like the US have had for the last year?

Now, if only Sky GO would appear on the PS4, you have all my wishes fulfilled. ;-)

jamesWHUFC 26 November, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   17

Im with you MrGarry. Disappointed there is still no Sky Go!

Any idea if Grece will get at least some of those applications at 13th of december ? ( ps4 first day for GR )

ShadowhunterrX 26 November, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   19

Jippie TuneIn ;D.

Maybe I am a little too early for asking this question. But can you use TuneIn while playing a game ?

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

More information about TuneIn will be available closer to its launch. Watch the blog for updates.

Skookie30 26 November, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   20

Wow I’m mighty please with lovefilm & Netflix it was reported that Netflix was not to be there at launch I’m so glad they were wrong must be a 11th hour deal then my iPad can use Netflix with. The ps3 so my iPad is the to toe control. :)

YOUTUBE… For everyone…. Please!

dark_angel69 26 November, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   22

VidZone is the only thing I use on PS3. I’m glad to see it carry over to PS4. If I set up another TV I can use it on PS3 while I play PS4 and same other way around

I’d really, really like to see YouTube.

Crumptastic_86 26 November, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   24

I’m looking forward to ITV Player/4oD being available in the UK. iPlayer has always been so much better (and stable) than these 2 because it was a dedicated app…let’s hope they partner with Sony to make it happen this gen!

s_cream_y 26 November, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   25

Why not Russia?

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

Hey… Were working hard across Europe to bring loads of cool Apps & Services to PS4. Watch this space!

Skookie30 26 November, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   26

* dam my iPad sometimes remote control. :/

Any news on Crunchyroll and Now TV for UK?

well we lose VidZone in France… <_<

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

I can confirm that VidZone will be launching in France at the same time as all other markets. Sorry for the mistake!

‘BBC Sport’ and ‘NOS Sport’. ‘Sport’ is both singular and plural.

Thanks for the list..great to see netflix. Pity NowTV, Blinkbox and possibly Flixster haven’t made it

… and that’s why it sucks to live on a fragmented continent with right holders calling dibs on their little corners.

What wouldn’t I give for Netflix. And in best case a Netflix enhanced by Hulu content. ;)

Ooooh yea! Looking forward to this! Netflix FTW :)

I3loodthirsty 26 November, 2013 @ 1:23 pm   33

I wonder how long we have too wait for the youtube app because xbone has it, hope its not a long wait.

wish friday would hurry up :D

What a nice surprise yesterday to see 4 events in Poland for the PS4 lunch, more than any other country.

What a let down today to see not even a single app available in Poland. What a developing country I live in God damn.

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

I’d love to hear about the Apps & Services you would like to see in your countries!

to me IGN appp
vidzone app

rtbf app = 50% of contry speaks dutch no french ( so no use to dutch peopel in belgium ) do some deal with vrt to dutch peopel
stil missing = facebook – you tube .

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

Pretty pleased we are getting iPlayer and Netflix. Now I just need DLNA and to be able to use my PS3 bluetooth remote and I’ll be fully happy now :D

voldemarove 26 November, 2013 @ 1:26 pm   37

Is there some apps for Russia in the future? There is many PS fans lives in Russia. Don’t forget about us.

What about Flixter and Sky Go??

chris26386 26 November, 2013 @ 1:27 pm   39

Hi Fred,

I can’t get answer from anyone on twitter or anywhere else but can I use the PS4 1.5 update from the US on my UK PS4? Or is there a EU version available somewhere?

I want to download the update early to save on waiting on Friday?!
Cheers

InGodWeRust 26 November, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   40

YOUTUBE – come on, must we wait again for years?

YOUTUBE please

So remind me again why am I paying 420 euro for a console (priced like that in Poland) and not get any services and perks with it?

Pay more for half the value is it?

heh

InGodWeRust

lol we just get on ps3 nowh them take away , xbox one get day 1 you tube .

RusStarik 26 November, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   44

No applications will be available in Russia? I’m disappointed. Very, very disappointed. =(

Antony Clark 26 November, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Hi there.. sorry to hear that :( We are working hard to bring more Apps in the future, so watch this space!

Lord_Gremlin 26 November, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   45

So, zero apps in Russia (thumbs up to guy from Poland above).
Sony, Sony never changes. The entire value of the console comes from the fact it’s region free.
Myself being interested in games only I still think PS4 should come with free towels in Russia. Sony spits in our faces so much they have to provide something to wipe it off.

andrewsqual 26 November, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   46

Come on lads. Ireland is the highest concentration of PS4 preorders in the world. Get the RTE and the new TV3 Player on the console ASAP.

I am so happy that Vidzone and IGN are among the launch apps on PS4. Now PLEASE give us the Youtube app release date?????

BigBoyBanksy 26 November, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   48

This launch app list is a lot bigger than I expected (for the UK anyway).
Any idea if any of them will be available early? I noticed IGN, BBC iPlayer and music unlimited are already on the store for PS4, any chance more will be up when the store gets updated tomorrow? I Would like to add them to my download queue before I pick up my console.

Coody-Baroody 26 November, 2013 @ 1:35 pm   49

@Fred

Sorry for being off topic mate n I don’t want to sound ungrateful but do you know if they’ve sent over the codes for Tearaway from the debate yet? Just that I’ve not got mine n I’m DYING to play it! LOL

If Poland gets nothing cause of ZAiKS… I’m really angry then.

Load all